AN HOUR AGO So excited to hang with @PeytonList today! What questions do you want us to ask? #peytonlist #GLpeyton

AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 rule the school with Royal Flush Boots from @ChineseLaundry: http://t.co/aCrfs8vPrP

2 HOURS AGO 6 farm stand fruits and veggies to nosh right now: http://t.co/Cz75yXUyjX

COMMENTS

Need a breather? 5 excuses for escaping the family madness

You love your fam, we know you do. But when your sibs are hogging the tube and your little cousins are hopped up on sugar...

mod mod mod
my mom found out that i had a twitter and made me delete it. And now she's all mad and wont let me do a lot. She put a block on the computer and i can only get on when they let me and she also took my iPod. She's all over what i do now she checks all my messages and she says she's very disappointed of me for having one even though my profile was private. What are some ways if any to prove to her that i am trustworthy and for me to get my stuff back? sorry this is so long ill post theses but they never go through :/

Hey niccer13, show her through your actions. Make sure she knows you're always telling the truth. Also remind her your profile was private so no one without your permission could access your page. Just give her some time. She should come around eventually. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by niccer13 on 3/26/2013 5:17:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I am homeschooled, so I dont have that many friends. Maybe 3 at the most. Anyway, a friend texted me if I wanted to go with her to the mall and i was so excited, and felt special that she would invite me!! I had to say no since we had other stuff going on butnwhen i told my parents amd I said, "maybe we can another time" they said that is NOT something we do!! I could not believe it! It's just shopping! I am also not allowed to sleep over at anyone else's house and hardly ever get to go to other friend's house. Once at a party all the other girls were sleeping over, except me. I just feel so left out and I try my best to act mature, but I feel these rules are so silly! The 'rents act like my pets are enough for me, but animals dont cut it all the time! I need to spend more time with friends. I feel lonely and I love my parents so much, but these rules are too much!!!! Thank you for helping and sorry if I am overreacting.

hey! you're not overreacting, The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with them about your feelings. Explain your side to in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt or get angry even if they interrupt you or get angry. That's unfair, but since they has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize them. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you are really, super mature. If they still say no, accept the decision gracefully. If they sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, they'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by ralinia on 3/2/2013 3:28:57 PM

Okay this is off topic but MOD MOD MOD my mom never talks to me unless its to ask a favor she could just as easily do (like turning off a light) or the other time she'll really get into my buisness and I'll act snotty because that's how she acts to me I try to be nice but it feels like she never is... she is my mom and I love her no matter what but we just cant connect...HELP!!!

Hey girl! Sometimes being a teen and interacting with your parents is really tough. Try and be patient. Maybe find something fun you guys can do together. She may be feeling a bit left out of your life at this stage. Go see a movie together or try a new restaurant for some girl time. You may find you guys connect more than you think! Good luck!

xo

Taeler L.

by beachheads1016 on 2/14/2013 8:06:51 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
MY mom always buys clothes that are too big for my little sister and i. she thinks something fits if its not tight. a lot of the time the clothes she gets for my sister fit me but when i want to wear them i can't. when i try to talk to my mom about it, we end up arguing and me getting in trouble. what do i do!?!?!

Hey girl, have an honest conversation with your mom and calmly explain how you feel.  Ask if you can go with her when she goes shopping to try on things to make sure they fit correctly before she buys them.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Zia111 on 2/6/2013 12:59:38 PM

I love these tips but i will neeeeeever need them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by nikki1002 on 1/13/2013 3:52:22 AM

Thank you for these! And, yes but if you really have homeowrk to do than no. But, sometimes people need time away!

by fearless4ever on 12/28/2012 2:54:27 PM

I say I have to do HW sometimes which totally works. I get really love my fan but I get really sick of them too...

by YouCanCallMeCat on 12/25/2012 11:19:44 PM

some of these are lying. and whose parents would let their daughter go hide in a room and sleep for an hour instead of socializing with family and friends you only see so many times a year! These aren't very good excuses.

by girlio93485 on 12/25/2012 2:57:53 PM

aren't some of these considered lying?

lying is bad.