1 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

2 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

3 HOURS AGO Calling all career cuties! Snag internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/jo2w2Undss

COMMENTS

Why you shouldn't rush to 'fess up to your crush

I told a guy I liked him after we’d spent an hour together at a soccer game, but he said he doesn’t want to go out. Shouldn’t...

MOD MOD MODMOD
So there is this boy who I have a crush on. I asked him to the school dance, but he said no. after that, he started being really nice to me and we became good friends. I have talked to fellow girls about it and they say we both are flirting all of the time. he is kind of shy, and so am i. his friends have asked if i like him, so it gets kind of embarrassing sometimes. He is always talking to me in math, sometimes saying hi in the halways, always asks me whats wrong when i am sad, aand is always smiling when we talk. What should i do? i am kind of shy when it comes to guys i like, and have been the victim of many feature-worthy love complications.Thanks a lot and sorry for being so long!

Hey girlie,

If he said no, he might not be ready for a relationship even if you're friends, but maybe he's changed his mind and likes you back if he's being flirty. Maybe you could ask him to dance with you at your next dance and see what he says or just keep spending time together as friends and see what happens!

Meghan D.

by cupcake_mutt13 on 2/22/2013 9:25:37 PM

MOD

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by littlestarr22 on 2/2/2013 11:37:16 PM

There are times when you shouldnt let him slip away but its so easy to keep up with him and even start a relationship, even if it just friends, online. Dont spill your heart, just stay in touch using twitter or fb and try and get things going that way. Then you wont end up feeling embarrassed.

by fashionqn on 1/12/2013 4:17:59 PM

Valentines day is coming up soon and it
Makes me feel sad because I don't have
A boyfriend whenever I see couples or girls
My age who have boyfriends I feel
So sad I think I'm ready for a boyfriend
But I think I'll probably never have one
It would be so nice if I got a valentines card
But that prob won't happen :-(

Hey! I felt the exact same way you did when I was younger and you know what? it got better. I'm actually really glad now that I didn't have a bunch of insignificant bfs in middle school and high school. You'll meet someone really substantial when you're older. Good guys are worth the wait. You don't need a boyfriend to validate you. Read books, have fun, and get to know who YOU are before you worry about boys. I promise you will meet someone one day.

Helen S.

by redvelvetluv on 1/10/2013 8:01:52 PM

MOD:
I have a crush on my closest guy friend and have for a long time. The other day my BFF told me that he's thinking about asking me out. Awesome right? Well the issue is that he's also thinking about asking out another one of my friends, and there's a 50/50 chance he'll choose either of us. I then found out today that he invited both me and my other friend he likes over to his house on the same day, just hours apart. I like him so much, but it seems like he's testing my friend and I to decide who he likes better. I really want to date him, but I also don't want to be played. Should I play his game? Or should I move on?

Hey girl,

If that's actually what he's doing, that definitely stinks, but since this is all based on rumors, maybe you should still give him a chance! You haven't actually heard from him that he wants to ask either of you out, so don't jump to conclusions about his intent in inviting you both over. If he does ask you out, great! If not, maybe you can still be friends either way. And if he's not sure who he likes, he might not be ready for a relationship right now anyway, so just see how he acts when you hang out to figure out whether he likes you!

Meghan D.

by iwantsomeonetoloveme on 1/7/2013 6:23:48 PM

What if this guy's your neighbor? And you've known him for years, but only as sorta-I-know-you friends? HELP!!!

by Skessler on 1/6/2013 7:05:58 PM

MOD!
i have a crush and i have band practice with him (which only consists of a few ppl)and i was wondering how i could take "advantage" of it (you know, flirting "advantage")sooo i guess im asking for flirt advice... and i have said my delimma before and was told that he could like me sooo idk if that changes the response or not... and i was wondering how i could ask to get his number. im not the kind of bold person like that so i need more of a sublte way! thanks! for all your help! Smile

Hey girl,

If you have band practice together, try starting a conversation with him afterward about band and then transition into talking about school and other stuff. If you get to know each other as friends, it won't be awkward to ask for his number since you will already know each other by then. Don't worry so much about being flirty, just remember to be yourself! Smile

Meghan D.

by music<3er on 1/5/2013 10:42:47 PM

Lets say my crush's name is Jon. Jon and I have been friends for about 9 months and we realy click. I think he likes me back. He is on the swim team so I went to his swim meet a few days ago with my friend. I waved at him and he waved back. The next day his and my friend asked me why I went and I said because I wanted to(he doesn't buy it). Now I feel like a stalker so I'm not going to another swim meet this year. Should I tell Jon I like him or am I scaring him away?

Hey girl,

If you're not sure if he likes you, there's no rush to tell him, but if you've been friends for that long and he waved to you, it doesn't sound like you're scaring him away, either! You could tell him you wanted to support him without telling him you like him--friends can support each other, too! And if you have something you do like dance or debate, maybe you could invite him to your event next time Smile

Meghan D.