AN HOUR AGO 4 ways to become a pro pet-setter🐶🐱�http://t.co/XB14QGj6r56r5

1 HOURS AGO Riddle time! What's better than edible lip balm that taste like Starbursts? (Hint: NOTHING): http://t.co/SJWsYTSGwz

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 chatterbox soars with Samsung's Galaxy S5 in Shimmery White: http://t.co/A0Dzja3yp2

COMMENTS

3 ways to not be embarrassed about buying tampons

Tell me if this sounds familiar: That time of the month is comin’ up fast, you check your tampon stash and—ugh!—your sis left the box...

What if your 12 or 13 and your going to the store to get some pads and u go to the cash register and a guys there. But you don't want the guy to check it out and your embarrassed. What do you do?

Hey girlie, just brush it off. Periods are a fact of life and guys know that. He probably won't even remember it the next time you see him.

Lauren T.

by destine02 on 8/11/2013 8:48:34 PM

Mod mod mod!!!
Ok so I'm 15 and I'm ready to use tampons but I've asked my mom before about 1 year ago and she said no, but Im older now and way more responsible. The thing is my mom won't let me use them because she thinks I wont be able to get it in because I'm a virgin.. But I really wanna use tampons because I play softball and it's really uncomfortable withh a pad. I've come up with a list of reasons... I'm planning on asking her today, how should I bring up tampons?? Thanks

Hey chica, your mom raises a really good point, so you should respect her viewpoint. However, if you present that list of reasons to her, maybe she will change her mind. The best way to resolve this situation is through communication and understanding. Hopefully everything works out! xx
Jess D.

by Tayincali on 6/21/2013 11:27:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
HI! Well I just started using tampons this month!!! (: I used Tampax Pearl Lites, and they were amazing. I loved them except i could feel them a little bit, but i think thats normal because it was my first time using tampons! But I also got a box of Playtex Sport, and I wanted to try them but the applicator on the playtex sport lites looked soooooo big compared to the Tampax lites so i decided to go with Tampax for my first time! But which one do you like better, Tampax Pearl or Playtex Sport? Even though playtex seems to be a favorite for most people, Im kinda scared of how big the applicator is for the lites... your opinions????

My personal favorite tampon is Tampax pearl, the applicator is so smooth and Ive never had an issue with them. The applicator may look big - but i promise youll get used to them. Its all about easing into it. Mostly because the Tampax lites are not made to hold a lot of fluid. So that may not be exactly what you need. So I suggest working your way up to the bigger tampons - like tampax pearl. But the Playtex sport arn't bad, Ive used them as well. I just prefer tampax pearl myself. xoxo Kerra

Kerra S.

by LoveHappens on 6/16/2013 1:22:26 AM

Mod
thanks a lot Hannah m it helped and i'm on my period and i just tried one and its okay Smile went in smooth but i can feel it a little is that normal??
xo

Hey chick! Hmm yeah I think that's normal at first, just make sure it's definitely in there, but it does feel a little weird the first few times. It shouldn't be painful, though, just a little odd. xx

Hannah M

by txaxmxixaxh on 5/16/2013 12:52:00 PM

MOD!
so i took advice from Elizabeth K and went ahead to go buy my own tampons for the first time and i did it!! i'm proud of my self but the thing is i'm nervous to put it in, they are tampax cardboard lite so they shouldn't be too bad because they are lites but i'm debating over whether i should go try one now or wait...
hope you can help xo

Hey girlie! Don't be scared, but definitely don't try them out unless you actually have your period. If you try to insert them when you're not menstruating, it will be more difficult and it's actually not good health-wise, so be sure you're mid-cycle when you first try to put one in. If it's not working, don't worry, a lot of girls have difficulty the first time. Use a mirror to help you see, and you should have little trouble. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M

by txaxmxixaxh on 5/16/2013 11:56:08 AM

MOD
Okay so today i was given money to get whatever i want (from the UK by the way) and i wanted to try tampons for the first time because i'm sick of using pads, so i was confident in going to to buy some but when i got to the store i couldn't do it, its embarrassing but i really want to use them i'm turning 14 in 11 days Smile.
btw i don't really wanna ask my mum to get them.
hope you can help me out. xox

Hey girlie! Don't worry it's totes normal to be nerve and embarrassed but everyone gets their periods so it wont be a big deal to buy them from the store.  Maybe bring a friend to go with you?  If not, your mom is probs expecting you to ask her for them sooner or later so just take a deep breath and ask.  I promise it's not a big deal and once you use them over pads you will be so much happier and feel cleaner!

Elizabeth K.

by txaxmxixaxh on 5/13/2013 3:37:54 PM

My favorite big chain drug store recently rearranged the aisle where my tampons are and its great because of the new products, it seems like I have more choices now but they also added a number of vibrators so there are at least 10 or 12 different vibrators they now sell not just 1 or 2 like before. I asked my bff and she said the store where she shops has the same thing. Oh well, so much for being embarrassed about just tampons.

by fashionqn on 5/12/2013 11:11:23 PM

MOD
sorry i keep bugging you :p i just was wondering if it's weird that i would be able to get it in the first time, but not again. thanks again!

hey! no, not weird at all. but you'll get the hang of it consistently if you keep trying. check this out:

Helen S.

by ladedagirl on 5/9/2013 6:51:11 PM

MOD
Hi, I've had my period for a little over a year now, but have never used tampons. I have tried before but just could't do it! The other day i tried again, and for the first time it went all the way in and i could hardly feel it! i tried again later but it didn't work again. everytime i tried it would start hurting 'down there'. I don't know what happened! please help!
p.s. i heard a rumor that if you put vasaline on the applicator, then it's easier. Is it true? Thank you!

Hey! Like anything it just takes practice. The key to making sure it doesn't hurt is to fully insert it. Vaseline might act as a lubricant, but I'd be nervous puttin any chemicals down there. Just keep trying and you'll get it. I promiseSmile

Helen S.

by ladedagirl on 5/9/2013 5:23:39 PM

None of these work for me so I just got to a grocery store I don't usually go to for regular grocery stores. And if you can find one of those stores with the self check out lanes so use those! No cashier to make it all awkward. Just be really careful! They are kind of sensitive and I'd rather deal with a cashier than have the giant alarm go off and have everyone stare at you and have to have a worker come over and scan your "lady things" for you.

by skiwi2 on 5/8/2013 6:50:46 PM