4 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

7 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

8 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

The best way to get his attention? Be chill

I've noticed myself chilling out a lot more when I'm around my crush, considering that we're finally actually FRIENDS. I'm starting to wonder, though, do...

Oh I get it! You censor comments. How communist of you. That's ok, I am posting this link on my FB. I will say it there, and it will be shared. Stop pushing the inter-racial couples like white is something better. Let white be with white! Let us ethnic girls have our own guys! :p

by Donl on 5/4/2013 5:45:26 AM

Aww, the relentless inter-racial push that is always pushing a white girls with a dark male. How insulting to the ethnic girls and women! Every time a dark man is successful and/or handsome you always put him with someone white!!!! We are onto you media!!! We are making babies with our own groups! WHITE GIRLS HELP CELEBRATE THE BEAUTY OF THE ETHNIC FEMALE! Leave her guys alone! They are in short supply as it is, and they are also brainwashed by a sick media liberal agenda. It's not fair to anyone.

by Donl on 5/4/2013 5:41:21 AM

I have a boyfriend and we barely talk! It's so frustrating! I try to talk but I never can think of what to say so then it's always awkward. Help?

Hey girlie,

If you two are already dating, it doesn't have to be awkward because you both already know that you like each other! Maybe start with a casual convo about what happened at school that day or what your plans for the weekend are, or ask him what his favorite TV shows/movies/bands are and go from there. Once you are more comfortable with each other it won't be awkward at all Smile

by lulubird2000 on 2/9/2013 9:53:54 PM

Any ideas on how to not act like a dork wad around guys? Any input will be appreciated

Hey girlie,

Just be yourself and act natural! Being confident is better than trying to be flirty if it's not who you are. Check out our guys channel for TONS of tips on how to act around guys! http://www.girlslife.com/category/guys.aspx

by Taekwondolover on 1/20/2013 12:06:23 AM

I'm trying to figure out if my crush likes me or not. He is always really sweet to me. He isn''t that nice to everyone, He hates to see me cry and always knows how to cheer me up. He pays more attention to me than his other friends and he has really in depth conversations with me that he wouldn't dare talk to his other friends about. He seems to make it his goal to make me smile at least once a day.
Unfortunately he is really hard to read sometimes so I am really confused. Sometimes he is really flirty with me and other times he just acts like I'm just another girl he knows. I am so confused. Does he like me or not? I know I like him... :/

Hey babe,

It sounds like he likes you, but you have to remember that most guys aren't going to be too obvious about their feelings especially if they aren't sure what yours are. Try talking to him some more, maybe you could drop some hints about your feelings and he might open up a bit more about his. Xoxo

Alexis G.

by MissMystery17 on 1/15/2013 10:48:13 AM

Again thanks so much Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 1/11/2013 8:49:16 PM

Trust me you are not the only girl who does it. It's completely normal. Don't feel ashamed or embarrassed. Actually it would be more weird if you weren't thinking about it at all. Smile Xoxo Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 1/11/2013 8:26:36 PM

Hey redvelvetluv, you didn't do anything wrong. There's nothing wrong with wanting to do what you did. It's your body and it's completely normal at this age. It helps to get more comfortable and relaxed and then try. No worries Smile Xoxo

Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 1/11/2013 8:13:41 PM

Why do guys break up with their
Girlfriends over texts and their phone
I mean seriously how immature is that?!!!!!
Ugh some guys are just so weird
Also why do some 15 year old guys
Look like their like 12?

Hey! sometimes they're afraid and take the cowardly way out. Some guys mature at a slower rate and hit puberty later so they look young longer.

Helen S.

by redvelvetluv on 1/10/2013 6:45:28 PM

Thanks for the advice Katie L. Do you think that in a way
A teenage girls hormones are sorta similar to like when a
Female dog goes through heat?

hey girl! while it's not the same thing, it's sorta similar. sexual attraction, scientifically speaking, is a basic animalistic experience.

xoxo

Katie L.

by redvelvetluv on 1/9/2013 2:50:56 PM

This is going to sound odd but sometimes when I see cute or attractive guys
I feel.... Like hot down their but I feel dirty that I do feel that way I feel like it's
Wrong for me to feel that way I'm
15 please help

hey girl! sexual attraction is not at all wrong or necessarily dirty. you and your body are growing and changing, don't be embarrassed! it's perfectly normal to feel a sort of internal twinge or heat when you see a cute guy.

xoxo

Katie L.

by redvelvetluv on 1/9/2013 2:32:16 PM

MOD MOD
In response to my question thanks for the advice
Katie L.

no prob at all, good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by redvelvetluv on 1/9/2013 1:08:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
How can I talk to this guy I know without
Getting so uncomfortable and nervous
Whenever he looks at me I get so giggly and nervous
I don't know why please help thanks

hey girl! it sounds like you have a crush on this guy. just stay calm, be yourself, and check out some of our articles for flirting inspiration!

xoxo

Katie L.

by redvelvetluv on 1/9/2013 9:31:52 AM

MOD
Hi everyone! I have a comment too. There is this one guy i like, and he's my neighbor. He moved in during September. I REALLY like him. He doesn't go to my school, but we see eachother anyway. The first few months, we talked to eachother ALL the time, and hung out. Then something happened, IDK what, and he changed. Now he is practically never there. I haven't seen him in two straight months. And I know he's there, to, because I see his car pulling in the driveway sometimes. I don't know what to do! I miss him like crazy, and I don't know if he's avoiding me or not. Please commentSmile

Hey girl,

That's tricky. There could be something up at home, or maybe with his friends that's got him down? Or maybe there's something bothering him? You should try reaching out to him. Asking him what's been up and tell him that you miss hanging out. What's the worst he could say? xoxo

Alexis G.

by aleshear123smile on 1/7/2013 4:39:15 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I love looking at funny auto correct texts and memes. But some are really inappropriate and I'm only 11. I feel really guilty about looking at those, but I can't stop.

Hey girl,

Maybe you could talk to your parents about installing a filter so you don't accidentally see anything you shouldn't, or talk to them about only reading certain themes or tags that are appropriate. They will be glad you came to them and will be happy to help!

by WinnieGirlie on 1/5/2013 8:56:12 PM

Lets say my crush's name is Jon, and his friend's name(who is my friend too) is Jack. Jon and I have been friends for about 9 months and we realy click. I think he likes me back. He and Jack are on the swim team so I went to the swim meet a few days ago with my friend. I waved at them and they smiled. The next day Jack asked me why I went and I said because I wanted to(he doesn't buy it). Now I feel like a stalker so I'm not going to another swim meet this year. Should I tell Jon I like him now, or wait 3 months for the freshman formal? Am I scaring him away?
Help please!!!!

by Quietfriend1415 on 1/5/2013 7:27:54 PM

By Quietfriend1415

by Quietfriend1415 on 1/5/2013 7:17:48 PM

Boy Drama... MOD
Lets say my crush's name is Jon and his friend's name(who is my friend too) is Jack. Jon and I have been friends for 9 months and we realy click. My friends think he likes me back but I am afriad to make the next move. Jon and Jack are both on the swim team so I went to cheer on Jon by sitting quietly and looking at his abbs with my friend who thinks I should go out with him. The next day Jack asked me why I went and I said because I wanted to(he didn't buy it). I feel like a stalker now so I am not going to another swim meet this year. I was wondering if I should tell Jon that I like him or wait for the formal in 3 months. Am I creeping Jon out?

by Quietfriend1415 on 1/5/2013 7:07:28 PM

Here is my latest delema..
To start, I am making up names. Lets say my crush's name is Jon, and how about his friend's name(who is also my friend)is Jack.
Okay, so Jon and I have been friends since the end of last year and I got a crush on him shortly after. We hang out and realy click. Jon and Jack are both on the swim team so I went to it the other day and they waved at me. The next day Jack asked me why I went and I said because I wanted to(he doesn't buy it).
Now I am afriad that I am becoming a stalker so I wont go to another swim meet this year. My friends are pretty sure Jon likes me back so should I tell him that I like him or hold off till the formal in April?

by Quietfriend1415 on 1/5/2013 6:49:16 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
I know this is really stupid, and I'm going to sound like a stalker... But here goes.
I'm 13 and there is a guy I like, but I've never spoke to him in my life. He's 15, he's spanish, and he plays lots of sports (I'm into football so this is good) and he is amazingly good looking. He lives on the same street as my best friend, but she hasn't spoke to him. Everytime we walk past we smile and wave at each other, but that is as far as our encounters have gone. I can't stop thinking about him and I really really want to get to know him but I can't just go and say hi because he'll think I'm crazy. I also don't know what his personality is like; but that's why I want to get to know him. He seems really nice, and one day maybe I'll have the confidence to ask him out. But I can't get myself in there to do that! I need to talk to him but I can't think of the right situation? Please help Smile xx

Hey! It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by SerenaEfendic on 1/5/2013 4:20:45 PM

I have learned to be very chill around my crush, because its somewhat a big deal and then sometimes its not lol I just like talking to him a lot so I have to be chill and calm, so we can keep the convo going.

by j4zm09 on 1/5/2013 10:28:37 AM

well rumor has it that my crush and i REALLY like each other, so everyone teases us about it. For example, at dances, his friends tried pushing him into me, and my friends tried pushing me into him! I KNOW he used to like me because of the way he acted, but now we dont have anymore classes together and I really don't talk to him a lot because it's awkward...how can i start talking to him? it has to be casual too, since I havent talked to him in a LONG time...sorry its so long, but thanks so much!

Hey girl,

If you haven't talked in a while, start by asking what's up! Tell him what you've been doing and what classes you're taking, and ask him the same. If you start getting to know him as friends again, it wouldn't be awkward and maybe you could even get his number. Start with a casual convo and go from there!

by LiPsmackertreats on 1/5/2013 12:45:36 AM

Sorry that I'm posting a lot of comments. Do you know any cute yet sporty hairdos?

Hey girl,

If you get tired of the same old pony, maybe you could put your hair in a cool braid, or add a small braid into your ponytail!

by SoccerGrl 13 on 1/4/2013 11:55:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so I go back to class on the 7th [this Monday]. I want to start a new year being more, outgoing.. Because I tend to be shy when I don't know everyone there really. So I want to let my crush know I like him, but not by flirting too much or anything too close, because I'm not really like that. I know there are like 4 other girls who like him.. but he doesn't really know it. How can I let him know in a low kind of way? It's not like he doesn't know me, because we almost do each class together and he talks and sometimes plays around with me. And, is there a way to get his number? My guy friend has it, but we don't see eachother anymore really... Any tips with these questions?
Also, how can I be more outgoing without being too overboard. I wanna talk more in classes, and stuff. Thanks! Smile

Hey girl,

If you want to give hints to your crush without being too obvious, maybe you could try getting to know him as friends! That way he could see how awesome you are and you could learn more about him, too. If you already talk at school, that's a great sign! And if you become friends, it won't be awkward to ask for his number as friends. As for being more outgoing, maybe set a goal like trying to talk one time in every class, and build up from there Smile

by neonroxursox on 1/4/2013 11:01:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!

Hey girlie,

Instead of sending an email next time, maybe try talking to him in person to make things less awkward. If he told you he likes someone else, try staying friends for now and keeping your mind open to the possibility of crushing on a different cutie. If you keep getting to know him as friends, he'll start to see how awesome you are, but if he told you he likes someone else you should keep your options open--there might be some other cuties in your class you haven't noticed before! Smile

by SoccerGrl 13 on 1/4/2013 10:57:18 PM

MODMODMOD
So I have a crush on my bgf, and we're really good friends. Luckily he doesn't know that I like him so it's not really awkward between us. I was thinking about asking him to hang out with me, like as friends, but I don't want him to think its a date. Where do you draw the line? If I asked him to go see a movie with me would that be okay if we're just friends?

Hey girl,

If he's your bgf, it wouldn't be awkward to ask him to hang out as friends! A movie would be fine, or you could ask a few other friends to come too if you wanted it to be less awkward. Have fun!

by laurenluv on 1/4/2013 10:50:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I have asked this before to some moderator, but I can't find which article I posted to (how embarrassing -.-') but I really want my hair to be softer. I use a Paul Mitchell leave n conditioner and a bit of oil treatment stuff from I forget which brand, but do you have ny suggestions for making it softer and possibly less frizzy?

Hey girl,

Paul Mitchell is a great brand, and oil treatments are awesome for your hair too! I personally love Wella and Sebastian products for super soft hair, but there are tons of other options, too, and everyone's hair is different. Next time you get a trim, ask your stylist what he recommends for your hair! Check out this article for some suggestions on frizz/softening conditioners Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/08/22/Shampoo-Challenge-2012-Tuesday.aspx

by Penultimate Penguin on 1/4/2013 10:35:29 PM

MODMODMOD! Hey so I'm very confused I really like this guy (and he's "popular" which never bothers me im not really "popular") and it seemed he liked me back because we had a few dates while on break and texted all the time. He sent me sweet texts like "you're beautiful" and other sweet stuff he said he liked me back. Well he stopped texting me for a couple days and when I tried to make plans to have a movie date he said "just as friends, im not really ready for a relationship". But it seemed like he was. Im so hurt and confused to just talk to him now. What should I do?

Hey girl,

It sounds like he had feelings for you, but if he's not ready for a relationship you have to go with what he wants! Try staying friends for now since that is what he is ready for, and maybe things will change in the future. In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to keep your eye open to the possibility of a new crush at school!

by TeamAlice33 on 1/4/2013 10:34:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Do you have any jewelry suggestions for this outfit?

Hey girlie,

If you had earrings or a necklace that had some of the same colors that are in the headband, that would complement it and go well together! Maybe just a simple gold necklace or bracelet and a ring would complete your look Smile

by SoccerGrl 13 on 1/4/2013 10:17:20 PM

Hey everyone. There is a new artist named Rochelle Diamante. Look her up on YouTube and on ITunes for her song Queen Bee. Anyway, I'm trying to make her famous so call your local radio station, tell your friends, call your grandma, it doesn't matter. Just get her heard. It will be the best thing you've done today.

by transform2314 on 1/4/2013 10:13:44 PM

Thanks Meghan! Also, do you know how to create a sporty yet chic outfit?

Hey girl,

Maybe you could wear cute sneakers with skinnies or leggings and a cute tee that is athletic but still stylish, like a neon tee or a striped one with a sports bra. And a hair ribbon or headband would make a ponytail cuter!

by SoccerGrl 13 on 1/4/2013 10:04:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Do you have any hairdo suggestions for my silver/gold/brown headband?

Hey girl,

Maybe you could wear it down with a side part or in a cute bun! Check out our hair styles page for tons of hair ideas Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/hair-styles.aspx

by SoccerGrl 13 on 1/4/2013 9:51:40 PM

Well I'm not exactly sure what I am getting for my bday but I really want to wear this shiny braided headband with the colors silver, gold, and brown. I'm also ta tall girl with blonde hair and blue eyes if that helps.

Hey girl,

That sounds like a great headband! It would look cute with a dress or a cute top and jeans (or whatever else cute you have in your closet!). Have a great birthday!

by SoccerGrl 13 on 1/4/2013 9:27:01 PM

I'm gonna confront my crush at martial arts this Monday. They say guys hate it when girls wear makeup. Is that true? What beauty look should I go for?

Hey girl,

All guys are different in what they like, and that goes for their opinions on girls, too! Some guys might love a red lip while others prefer a natural look. Instead of worrying about what guys will think of you, try wearing the level of makeup that makes YOU happy (and is ok with your mom and your school dress code!). The right guy will like you just the way you are!

by isabellec on 1/4/2013 9:06:50 PM

Hey ladies, it would be so cool if you could check out my club, Style Spy. It's all about fashion, makeup, hair, and style (duhh). We currently have one officer position available, all you have to do is apply and it could totally be you! Thanks! <3

by ACaseOfMistakenIdentity on 1/4/2013 8:56:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so my school could possibly have an all school dance *never been to one before* plus they might let friends from other schools come...anywho i think that they might do a valentines day dance- of course i'm single, never had a date, never kissed, don't really have close guy friends- anywho i wanna go and like totally be chill in like bright red skinny jeans- i cute leather jacket with black booties and a cool chain cuff earing, but on the other hand i think it'll be ackward cause like my friends are like able to chill out easily when it comes to public gatherings and it hard for me to let loose and do what i want without caring what anyone else thinks...plus my whole school- that may be ackward- lots of older intimidating kids....watcha think? Go or don't bother....

by Justmecheyenne on 1/4/2013 8:44:16 PM

Mod mod mod
Before me and my crush had a little argument in October, he was really friendly with me. He liked to pat my head, rest his arm on my shoulder, and one time at a haunted house, he grabbed my leg and "just had" to tell me about it. He tried to get to know me by asking me questions. One day, on fb chat he asked me if I like or liked him. I said "no, just as a friend". I said that because I got rejected before by another guy, and I didn't feel like being rejected again. He took it hard, but a week later he tickled my neck.It seemed like after that, he stopped being so friendly. I finally got the courage to tell him I like him. I did it by sending him questions:what is the 9th letter in the alphabet? What is the word bike with an L replacing the B? What is the first letter in "unicorn"? I spells "I like u". He saw it, but never responded. Should I ask him on fb "did u read it?" or should I tell him in person? I don't see him until Tuesday.... Thanks Smile

Hey kittycatmeowmeowchelsea, yeah you could go up to him and say something like "How did you like my facebook message?" or "Thanx for responding meanie". Approaching him about it in a playful manner will take the awkwardness out of the situation. Hope this helps! Xoxo
Lynae P.

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 1/4/2013 8:24:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok, so I have a major crush on this sporty cutie but he told me he likes a girl in another class. He thinks I like him but I changed that after a semi-upset email. I want to impress him when winter break starts but I don't know how. I want to put together a rockin outfit but my style is an odd combination of Cher Lloyd meets sporty meets bold. My bday is Sunday and school starts on Wednesday. Any ideas for what I should wear and my hairstyle? Anything helps so please respond!

Hey SoccerGrl 13, mhmm I'm trying to think of a sporty look for you. What kinds of pieces were you trying to wear? Was there a particular sweater you wanted to put on? A pair of shoes you wanted him to see you in? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by SoccerGrl 13 on 1/4/2013 8:18:28 PM

Mod mod mod i have a huge crush on a guy he even said he would beat up another boy for me we started hnging out alot and i started to like him but then i felt awkward around him i stopped talking to him because i was afraid to say something stupid then i would act weird and obnoxious around him people know i like him and they tease us were growing more distant every day we are in sixth grade and dont talk to eachother i want him back because i really like him one day i heard him say he liked a girl who fits my description and he stares at me alot but one day i waved and smiled at him and he gave me a confused look and waved back

Hey Rain278, he's probably unsure of how you feel about him. Think about it from his perspective. Here was this girl he had a great connection with and then all of a sudden she started acting weird. He may have thought you didn't like him anymore. When you waved at him that day, he didn't know exactly how to react. I would try talking to him again. Start off slow and eventually you guys will get back to where you were. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Rain278 on 1/4/2013 7:32:29 PM

i have long thick non layered black hair, but i dont know how often i should wash it!

Hey girl,

I would talk to your mom about what is good for your specific hair type, but washing it every other day with dry shampoo in between should be fine!

by PuppyLover6 on 1/4/2013 6:48:48 PM

please come and join my club FASHION ADVICE FOR YOU 2 of the positions are open and you can always comment i will always answer your question and their will be daily updates for everyone thank you for reading this and please join

by funnybunny661 on 1/4/2013 6:46:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! ok, so this is going to pretty long, and im srry! but here's the thing, I have two guys that I like, one is confident and sometimes his confidence can turn into cockiness and its annoying... the other one is this sweet super shy guy.I would totally pick the 2nd one, but I don't know how to get him to know I like him! he's obviously the better choice but, I don't know how to catch his attention! we only have one class period together and I already get in trouble enough for talking! is there anyway that I can get him to know? I just need help sorting through my choices and stuff. The confident guy keeps asking me out.. and I like him too, but I like the shy guy just a liiittle more! Please help! im sooo confused and I could really use the advice! thanks!

Hey lalalagurl, there's nothing wrong with talking and getting to know both guys. For the shy guy try waiting for him before or after class and chatting him up then. Maybe ask to borrow his notes or see if he'd like to meet and study sometime. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by lalalagurl on 1/4/2013 6:42:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I'm really awkward and act funny around the people I like, for example i was hanging with my friend the other day and we walked to her friends house. My friend's friend's bro was there and he started talking to us. I tried to go and start walking back to my friend's house but she picked me up and wouldn't let me leave. I started blushing and I tried to plead with her, but she was just telling me to calm down and to talk to him. I was still pleading with her when I happened to see his face. He looked totally disgusted and annoyed. I had no idea what to say or how to act after that so I just sat there and pretended to be distracted by their dog. I like that guy, and now I don't know how to act around him. HELP!

by LITTLEHENERY777 on 1/4/2013 6:33:25 PM

Hey Girls! Join Legit Boy Advice!
This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! All you have to do is include your question and I'll get right too it!

by Chloe<3 on 1/4/2013 5:01:43 PM

I have nothing to do. all my friends are doing something, like going downtown or shopping. and there's me... sitting at home. for the past few days, I've been going to the mall, but the only store I fit into has nothing. I already went downtown yesterday and those stores still had nothing. plus, I've been feeling left out. I been going to the mall with my friends (15 and 10 years old, I'm 11) and there is no store we could all fit into. I would just be in the corner waiting for them to finish looking at their clothes. even my mom would look with them! not trying to comfort me, I just feel very left out and bored.

by gabbyw123 on 1/4/2013 1:30:42 PM