AN HOUR AGO Refresh your *basic* salad routine: http://t.co/GHBs4nvWlO

2 HOURS AGO #SoundOff! What's your stance on smoking? http://t.co/5P2HcJXJTO

3 HOURS AGO Look in on lovescopes, friendship forecasts, and more: http://t.co/z37Z6NffkZ

COMMENTS

Can you sleep yourself thin?

You hit the gym four days a week. You eat healthy. But you’re still not quite where your doc says ya need to be. What...

Hey girlie,

Eleven hours is enough sleep--that's almost half the day! If you want to sleep more, try going to bed earlier so you'll have more hours to sleep before you have to wake up.

Meghan D.

by Eve W on 2/4/2013 8:50:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!

Hey girlie,

I would talk to your doctor or a nutritionist about what a healthy weight for you is. Everyone's different, so instead of developing your own diet I would develop a plan of exercise and eating with your doctor. You don't want to hurt yourself by eating too little, so it's important you talk to a professional!

Meghan D.

by Kelseyiscool on 2/2/2013 10:12:34 PM

Okay, so you're saying that people should sleep more to help with the whole weight thing, and it sounds like a great idea to me because I'm predisposed to genetic factors like diabetes and arthritis. The problem is, I can only sleep for so many hours before I wake up. Eleven on a good day. What can I do to help me sleep longer?

by Eve W on 1/23/2013 5:05:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I'm 14 about 5'3 and have weighed 105 for a while but recently over about 1 week I've become 115 and I weigh myself everyday and very conscious of my weight so I'm really upset about this sudden weight gain...... Is there an explanation for all this weight gain??? Thankyou!!!!

Hey hun. You are a normal healthy weight and should not be self-concious! You are young and still growing so this sudden weight change is not significant enough to freakout! Plus your body is still changing and it could be excess water weight from your period. Don't let it get you down!

Jenn S.

by Reba22:22 on 1/18/2013 3:52:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! I have a quick question about my weight. I'm 5'0 to 5'1 and 80 pounds. People, including my fam, think i'm too skinny. What do you think? [don't wanna give out my age]

Hey girl, as long as your eating a normal diet than your metabolism is the reason you may appear "too skinny." Talk to your doctor or parents if you feel uncomfortable!

Jenn S.

by GirlyChic on 1/18/2013 12:08:37 PM

This week I've been having to take my midsemster exams and I've been extremly stress these past couple of weeks. I've been eating so much junk food in order to deal with the stress. I haven't splurged just one or two days, I've beening alot of junk food for the past week or so everday. Even after my family has eaten dinner I still gouble down a bunch of chocolate and other sugery and high calories food, even when I'm not really hunger. On top of studying for exams I've been planning on breaking up with my boyfriend in a couple of days which just adds onto the stress. How can I control my splurges the next I'm really stressed and how can I burn the calories that I've eaten? I'm already insurce about my weight, everytime I splurg I think negativly about my weight and body image and makes feel depressed. I don't know why I contunie to eat so much junk food even though I know how I'll feel after words. Please help!

Hey girlie, when you're stressed exercise instead of eating junk food. You don't have to be a great athlete, even a brisk walk will help you de-stress and make you less likely to indulge in your junk food craving. Exercise boosts endorphins which make you happier so you'll be stress free while burning calories instead of eating them.

Lauren T.

by iridescentstar on 1/16/2013 8:05:28 PM

Over the past couple of years I have gotten in to the habit of having my dvd player on or watching youtube on our ipad in bed. At first it was just meant to be a one time thing we had just watched something that was freaking me out and I couldn't sleep so I asked my mum if I could watch something in bed, ever since then t has just snowballed and it's like I can't sleep without it! I know it's really bad for me because me eyes hurt from looking at the screen too much and i'm going to bed at about 9pm but then fall asleep at about 12am which isn't very good for me Frown How can I overcome this habit????? HELPPPPP!!!!!!!

Try leaving all electronics in your kitchen, so you won't be tempted. You also try reading before you go to bed!
mailyse f.

by sweetsiena on 1/11/2013 8:28:01 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!
today I was asked out by a friend of mine during recess and his friend asked me out for him. I REALLY dont know what to say bc i dont like him that way!!!!! how can i say no without hurting his feelings??

hey! Just say  you like being his friend and you don't want that relationship to change. don't worry about hurting him, he'll thank you for your honesty later. good luck!

Helen S.

by YayaYuiki on 1/10/2013 6:34:15 PM

Interesting. Makes sense for me though, I am really petite and I sleep pretty long. I get 12 hours of sleep every night.

by Chloe<3 on 1/10/2013 5:52:45 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
So, me and my bff have been friends for as long as I remember. But another girl is trying to push her way into our little group. She sits at our lunch table, follows us around, and wost of all- she is in all of my classes. At first she seemed really nice so we started talking to her. Now that we know her she is really rude. She calls my sis and my bff's twin annoying and always makes rude comments (just to name a few things). Both my bff and I don't like her and want her to leave us alone. How do we tell her nicely without hurting her feelings?

Hey Chica, I totally get where you're coming from. When she makes those rude comments tell he that you don't appreciate it, its not cool, and its disrespectful. She will either stop so you can enjoy her company more, or if she continues you can tell her that you don't want to hang out with someone who doesn't treat others well. That way, it's up to her how she handles it and you give her a choice.

Hannah H