10 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

14 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

15 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Yeah, that's not funny: Twitter trolls trend #CuttingForBieber

Yesterday, the renown pranksters at 4chan launched another mission that is anything but funny. In response to the photos of Justin Bieber allegedly smoking marijuana...

if anyone feels like harming themselves, please remember to think about the people and things you care about, the people that care about you, and that it will get better. self harm is not a joke, and no one should make you feel guilty for doing it. just remember that there are alternatives that help you relieve yourself without cutting. you can hold an icecube to your wrist or submerge your hands in ice, draw on your wrists with red marker or icing, write a poem, listen to music, etc. there are plenty of alternatives, and more than i can offer if you google it. stay safe and please remember that it WILL get better.

by dilquius on 5/14/2013 9:09:38 PM

I heard it wasn't actually Miley Cyrus who spoke out against it. It was a fan account roleplaying her.

But still, hurting yourself is never the answer. It won't solve anything, and it will just make you more upset about yourself that you'll have ugly scars!

A suggestion of what to do INSTEAD is to exercise! Exercise is great for stress, and it makes you feel better about yourself too.

by taylor22742 on 3/12/2013 4:04:28 PM

Cutting yourself is stupid, especially over Bieber. I mean he already did something he shouldn't have and you can't reverse it. Cutting doesn't help anything. It's an unhealthy habit and it will leave ugly scars on your arms. I knew a girl who did it. Her friends took her to the counselor and now she's all better. But she has to wear long sleaves all the time to cover her scars. It's no fun and its not funny.

Love u all,
Jellygirly

by Jellygirly on 2/17/2013 7:10:52 PM

Cutting isn't going to reverse what Bieber did. I mean he already smoked marajuanna and he said he won't do it again. Cutting for Bieber is completely pointless.

by Jellygirly on 2/17/2013 7:02:48 PM

Really teenagedreamer345?You found it funny?No offense or anything, but its not. I know its your opinion,and we are all entitled to one but we are talking about people physically HARMING themselves which isnt something to joke about.Yeah their making people mad,but their also seriously screwing up lives sending the message that its okay to screw up your life if another person makes the decision to screw up their own.It makes girls(and even guys)that do cut for more devestating reasons look ridiculous.

by Nessaurus on 1/20/2013 5:47:08 PM

This is disgusting.I used to self cut myself,but I'm now 2 months clean and in therapy and when I went on twitter and saw those pictures,it triggered me so much and I had never felt the urge to cut as much as I did in that moment.Its horrible that people are ruining their lives over one joint that someone they have never even talked to smoked

by rainbowssparklesdesu on 1/18/2013 7:40:28 PM

Im currently 3 weeks clean of cutting. And hearing this, makes me sick. Self harm is far from a joke. I personally find this offensive. Come on people. GET REAL

by hbmsbraceface on 1/17/2013 3:51:34 PM

I am amazed at how some people could think this is funny. Cutting yourself is NOT funny. At all. End of story. It's addictive and can ruin your life. I would know. If you're hurting yourself, get help. There's always someone there who cares about you and who you can talk to. For me, that person is my boyfriend. It could be your mom, dad, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, or even a hotline. Help is out there. You're not alone. Keep your head up, beautiful, because things will get betterSmile

by lolomar on 1/14/2013 5:49:11 PM

MOD
my mom and all my friends think im going anorexic because im not eating as much anymore. But honestly im just trying to lose some weight! I mean I don't eat breakfast I try not to eat lunch and I eat a small dinner. Do you think they're right? So tonight me, my gma, gpa, my mom's bf and my mom went to dinner and I ordered water and half of a grilled cheese sandwich, but I didn't eat any of it. So my gma went up to me after and asked if I was eating, so obviously I said yes.. But honestly, I dunno.. wat do you think?? plz help!!! thanks!! Smile

Hey girl,

If you are trying to lose weight, try focusing on exercising and living a healthy lifestyle instead of on eating less. You need nutrients for energy and to live, and you won't lose weight if you don't have the energy to exercise! Instead of not eating, try eating healthy meals like fruits, veggies and lean protein. And eating lunch is super important because it gives you energy for the rest of your day! If you think you may be struggling with an eating disorder, it's super important that you speak with a trusted adult such as a parent, teacher, guidance counselor, teacher or doctor about what you're going through so that they can help you. For additional resources, check out this post, which has information and hotlines about eating disorders: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by kkheartspink on 1/13/2013 12:54:05 AM

it was 9gag, not 4chan. and honestly? i found it kinda funny. they did what internet trolls do-make people mad.

by teenagedreamer345 on 1/10/2013 9:22:38 PM

Eating and cutting disorders aren't a joke, they are serious.
And seriously, Hollywood. That image could be photoshopped, but stars are going bad everyday. The need to realize that whatever they do affects everyone around them, and they need to cut it out. They have brains, they just need to learn to use them. I am NOT talking about all stars, there are many positive role models out there.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 1/9/2013 3:38:19 PM

Ohmygod!!! Cutting? Seriously?!?! Use yo brains people! God didn't create them to be wasted!!

by wesdelwarrior on 1/9/2013 3:18:11 PM

This is so not cool :-( I just wish people would take these kinds of things more seriously.

by iluvmusic♥ on 1/9/2013 12:45:39 PM

I've heard that people are ACTUALLY cutting themselves over it. I didn't know it was a whole twitter thing. Did he really smoke?

by myfatsquirrel on 1/9/2013 10:51:37 AM

was he smoking though...? Frown

by Drea148 on 1/8/2013 11:40:29 PM

eating disorders arent funny. ssly.

by elyse.a.cooke on 1/8/2013 11:05:53 PM

I am a self harm addict. And honestly, that's what it is. An addiction. It is NOT FUNNY. Kids at my school make fun of it, and it makes me want to cry right there in class. Its awful, a true nightmare. Its something evolved from a true, painful hate. There's never any true reason one can say its caused by, because everyone's pain is different.
To anyone like me, you are not alone. There is always help. Like a suicide hotline. You're beautiful, and loved. (:
-Olivia

by the new me :) on 1/8/2013 10:32:07 PM

Alot of kids in my school cut themselves. Honestly it is not a laughing matter. The sad part is no one is there to help them, they are there to make fun of them. And I wish our society was different but is it not. Most people wont take this message seriously but to all those do. Thanks you for having a hear. <3

by hottie1250 on 1/8/2013 9:34:59 PM

I am not a fan of Justin Beiber but that is just pathetic and sad.That is not a topic to joke around about.People get hurt all the time from cutting. Sad Just Sad Frown

by emmacd on 1/8/2013 9:29:46 PM

I've seen this stuff all over the internet. It's blown up my tumblr, twitter, youtube, and facebook account. Self harm is NOT cool. One of my closest friends cut, and it killed her. Don't do it. Cutting for Justin Bieber isn't going to make him stop smoking and getting high. It breaks my heart how so many mainstream celebrities do such terrible things. Why can't it just be all about the music, like how it used to be?

by Scarlet_Moon on 1/8/2013 8:33:24 PM

I really care about this! I really thought people were doing that! I thought people were getting hurt for Justin Bieber. That is not okay. Here is the thing, if you actually hurt yourself and believed these hashtags, STOP! Justin Bieber and you are just hurting yourselves.

by transform2314 on 1/8/2013 8:10:17 PM

Self harm isn't something to joke about and cuttingforjustin is wrong. What is so bad about Marijauna? It is legal in some states, yeah it's very contridictory to laws and whatever but not something to make fun of self harmers for. I just found out that a mutual friend cuts...she always seems happy when I see her but I guess that's not the case. I knew her family was bad but I didn't know it was that bad. Self harm isn't for pathetic people looking for a way to get attention, it takes a lot of hate and hurt to cut open your own skin. I don't self harm, but it is something that is hard for people and no joking matter.

by LLL328 on 1/8/2013 7:25:57 PM

Wait.. Justin was caught doing that? I'm not really a fan, but still, I'm really surprised. Either way though, those girls had no right to do that. It's just pathetic on their part. I could never ever self-harm. I hate pain. But still, it's no joke. Look at how much pain Demi Lovato went through when people were mean to her? She had to go to rehab and everything, and for a while she struggled still. I used to think she did drugs and stuff, but when I heard her story I actually became a fan. But she never should have had to go through that. People these days are so pathetic and mean.

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 1/8/2013 6:21:17 PM

My best friend went through a long period where she self-harmed and I just want to say that cutting is very rarely for attention. And even if it is, it doesn't make the situation less important or dangerous. If someone feels so left out or so rejected that they have to hurt them selves to get people to listen, that's not funny. The attention they want is love. They just need someone to pick them up. So don't push them further into pain by making jokes about cutting and self harm. It's just not a joking matter. I've seen how bad this can get, it is not funny. Thank you to all who don't make jokes about this, and thank you to everyone who fights back when someone does. We can stop alot of pain by taking this matter seriously, you never know what the person sitting next to you is going through.
-Thanks, this means alot to me. <3

by blushy on 1/8/2013 5:49:19 PM

The Biebs has had it rough lately, first there were the guys who wanted to kidnap him recently and cut of some of his man parts if they didnt get a bunch of money and now this.

People are crazy, but gL is right, call the help line if you need help. And a lot of people need help at times.

by fashionqn on 1/8/2013 5:42:50 PM

hate Justin biber

by Prim on 1/8/2013 5:41:45 PM

thank you girlslife for providing help for girls with depression and self-harm issues. <3

by tswiftluver13 on 1/8/2013 4:39:06 PM

Two of my friend s have cut, and I never have. I told them that they are beautiful and shouldn't harm themselves, but they didnt listen. So then I told them that they have to at least make sure the scissors/knife is clean because if they won't stop at least that would be a LITTLE better. Did I say the right thing? If I'm in the situation again, what should I say? I do NOTT want to tell.

Hey Girl, I know you don't want to tell, but you really should. You would be protecting your friends because what they are doing is really, really dangerous. Maybe this will help:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by puddinface7 on 1/8/2013 4:01:13 PM

I can't believe people do that to them selfs. No offense but those girls are pathetic mental idiots to do that just over Justin beiber. Girls at my school do that for attention and become instantly poplular.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 1/8/2013 3:48:20 PM

hey yall.. need advice come be a fan and ask for adice on my advice queen pg Smile and need a friend to talk to come check out my profile and chat Smile

by katymarielove on 1/8/2013 3:39:36 PM