7 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

10 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

10 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

4 ways to bundle up and still look cute

It is the age-old dilemma: How is a girl supposed to stay cozy ‘n’ warm while still looking totally cute? Sometimes it seems there’s no option but...

MOD

Hey girlie,

I know it's hard, but try to understand that your mom is only setting rules for you because she loves you. If you're wearing a skirt that sits lower on the waist, try wearing a bikini or hipster panty that day so the waistband won't show. If there's something specific about your mom's rules that you don't like, try having a calm conversation with her about setting a compromise, like that you could go somewhere with a friend if you were home by a certain time and checked in with her every hour or two.Check out this post for more tips on having a strict mom: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/09/23/overprotective-mom.aspx?cp=all

As for the other issue you mentioned, I would refer her to this post, which includes hotlines and other information about drug abuse, and encourage her to speak with a counselor or a doctor ASAP. If she doesn't want to, you could speak with a guidance counselor or other trusted adult about how to talk to her about the issue. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by auslly123 on 1/21/2013 3:51:24 PM

Hey DancrGurl, we love that you're posting but please don't put up any chain letters. Thanx! Smile Xoxo

Lynae P.

by DancrGurl on 1/18/2013 7:25:26 PM

Dear MOD,
Okay, I want to start my "look" over because I realized that what I picked out at the beginning of the school year is no longer my style. So, I was wondering if I should start over now. I know my mom would make me pay for new clothes that I don't need. Should I just wait for spring? It is only 3-4 moths away for shorts,here in MI. If I change my style should it be at the beginning of a school year? I think spring would be the best because then my mom would pay, but I want your opinion, please.

Hey girl, I would wait until the beginning of the new season!

lauren r.

by MadisonRL on 1/12/2013 7:28:26 AM

My New Year's Resolution was to not wear t-shirts and jeans/sweatpants everyday. I'm going shopping tomorrow and I really like the edgy punk look. What are some things I should get. Thanks!

Hey spiece2, plaid shirts, a leather jacket, black leggings and pants, combat boots, spikey jewelry, and long chain necklaces. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by spiece2 on 1/11/2013 8:45:58 PM

It is true, its so hard to look cute when we are all covered and bundled with heavy jackets. Those are nice outfits.

by fashionqn on 1/9/2013 10:57:23 PM

Just saying, because of the fact that I live in Canada, it's IMPOSSIBLE to incorporate your winter parka and tuque into a cute outfit, LOL!

by taylor_swift_luvr13 on 1/9/2013 7:44:48 PM