Bridget M.

is modding

34 MINUTES AGO Prim AKA @WillowShields just joined the Dancing with the Stars cast: http://t.co/GXY88ro771

1 HOURS AGO Yup, someone got suspended for trying to lose a basketball game on purpose: http://t.co/4sVOQLuwc9

2 HOURS AGO OMG @DisneyChannel is creating a #Frozen show: http://t.co/9uEuA3tXot

COMMENTS

4 ways to bundle up and still look cute

It is the age-old dilemma: How is a girl supposed to stay cozy ‘n’ warm while still looking totally cute? Sometimes it seems there’s no option but...

MOD

Hey girlie,

I know it's hard, but try to understand that your mom is only setting rules for you because she loves you. If you're wearing a skirt that sits lower on the waist, try wearing a bikini or hipster panty that day so the waistband won't show. If there's something specific about your mom's rules that you don't like, try having a calm conversation with her about setting a compromise, like that you could go somewhere with a friend if you were home by a certain time and checked in with her every hour or two.Check out this post for more tips on having a strict mom: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/09/23/overprotective-mom.aspx?cp=all

As for the other issue you mentioned, I would refer her to this post, which includes hotlines and other information about drug abuse, and encourage her to speak with a counselor or a doctor ASAP. If she doesn't want to, you could speak with a guidance counselor or other trusted adult about how to talk to her about the issue. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by auslly123 on 1/21/2013 3:51:24 PM

Hey DancrGurl, we love that you're posting but please don't put up any chain letters. Thanx! Smile Xoxo

Lynae P.

by DancrGurl on 1/18/2013 7:25:26 PM

Dear MOD,
Okay, I want to start my "look" over because I realized that what I picked out at the beginning of the school year is no longer my style. So, I was wondering if I should start over now. I know my mom would make me pay for new clothes that I don't need. Should I just wait for spring? It is only 3-4 moths away for shorts,here in MI. If I change my style should it be at the beginning of a school year? I think spring would be the best because then my mom would pay, but I want your opinion, please.

Hey girl, I would wait until the beginning of the new season!

lauren r.

by MadisonRL on 1/12/2013 7:28:26 AM

My New Year's Resolution was to not wear t-shirts and jeans/sweatpants everyday. I'm going shopping tomorrow and I really like the edgy punk look. What are some things I should get. Thanks!

Hey spiece2, plaid shirts, a leather jacket, black leggings and pants, combat boots, spikey jewelry, and long chain necklaces. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by spiece2 on 1/11/2013 8:45:58 PM

It is true, its so hard to look cute when we are all covered and bundled with heavy jackets. Those are nice outfits.

by fashionqn on 1/9/2013 10:57:23 PM

Just saying, because of the fact that I live in Canada, it's IMPOSSIBLE to incorporate your winter parka and tuque into a cute outfit, LOL!

by taylor_swift_luvr13 on 1/9/2013 7:44:48 PM

cuteness

by aki2000 on 1/9/2013 6:58:25 PM

Switching out your stud earrings for sparkly, dangly ones instantly takes an outfit from day to night.

When you are super bummed out, How do you cheer yourself up?

CLICK HERE to vote in our Super Bowl style fash face off... and you could win a $100 NFLShop.com gift card!

Get swept up in a magical romance this V-Day

Fall under the spell of Dearest, the newest book in the Woodcutter Sisters series. CLICK HERE to swan dive into the supernatural!