7 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

10 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

11 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

How to ask out a guy on the sly

How can I go about asking a guy out? I’ve liked this guy forever, but I’m scared to say, “Ya free Saturday night?” Dear Ready, Sometimes, fear is...

MOD

Hey girlie,

I would talk to your guidance counselor or a trusted adult like a family member or doctor about how to best handle this and tell your friends and family. They will have advice about how to talk to them. Good luck girlie!

Meghan D.

by littlestarr22 on 2/2/2013 11:51:54 PM

modmodmod
I played matchmaker for two of my friends and they dated but something happened and now neither of them really talks to me anymore. At first during their breakup he would always ask me things about his ex now he doesnt even do that. I am hurt because we used to be good friends, now we dont even talk and they seem to avoid me. What should I do and do you think time may heal things? What do you think happened?

hey girl! I do think time will help heal things. Next time, try to keep hands off when it comes to putting your friends into relationships. Things can easily backfire!

xoxo

Katie L.

by fashionqn on 1/29/2013 10:38:22 PM

Well, there is this really cutie guy in my home room and math... I really like him I don't know if he likes me. I'm that shy type that's in the corner and doesn't talk cuz I'm self conches. But him... He is way out there he is outgoing,sweet, really funny ,and super cutie. I sit by him in math when we are on the computers. He talks to all the time but I think he likes my friend... I can ask if he likes her that would be to strait forward. Pleas help!!!

by Pandalover87 on 1/27/2013 2:43:33 AM

This soo cool

by AGhalle60 on 1/19/2013 11:26:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
My boyfriends birthday is on Feb. 2, we just started going out. Should I give him a present or just wait to give him something on valentines day?

Hey babe,

That's totally up to you! You could give him two small gifts or just tell him you're gonna give him a special joint gift on Valentine's Day. xoxo

Alexis G.

by th3-futur3-4w41ts-y0u on 1/17/2013 1:24:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
There's this I guy I really like but I'm not sure he likes me because he's a big flirt with me and his ex and his two best friends ( their girls) and he's hugged me multiple times and held my hand but I doubt he meant it in a intimate way but then again I thought it was odd hat he only flirts with me and his ex..... And he borrows a pencil from me every day and even tickled me in class today and he also ruffles my hair..... But he just talks perverted to his ex and I guess you could call teasing.... It's completely different from how he treats me which makes me wonder if he does like me..... But j never catch him looking at me or anything like that .... I really like him....the good thing is he's one of the only guys i can be myself around without getting nervous !!!! Sorry it's sooo long!!! THANKS!!!!

Well it does seem like he's flirting with you. But there's no way to be 100% positive. I say amp up your flirting and see if you get a reaction from him. I think as long as you give him attention and he gives it back, who knows what could happen next! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Reba22:22 on 1/15/2013 9:04:32 PM

by Reba22:22 on 1/15/2013 9:03:42 PM

by Reba22:22 on 1/15/2013 9:02:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love my best friend to death but she tends to flirt with the guys I like. And this isn't the first time it has happened. Even when I first met my ex boyfriend, she flirted with him all the time. The thing is, it's not like she even has any relationship with the guys before i like them. She keeps asking me for my current crushe's number and I don't know why because she likes someone else. How can I tell her how I feel with out causing conflict?

Hey girlie,

Maybe she just wants to be friends with your crush, but it's okay to tell her you don't want to give out someone else's number and that she should ask him herself. If she flirts with your crush or bf when you're around, I would talk to her about it afterward when they're not there. You don't have to be accusatory, but let her know that it seems like she's flirting with them even if she's not trying to and it hurts your feelings. She might not even realize she's doing it!

Meghan D.

by liltiger on 1/12/2013 10:00:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I was diagnosed with chronic major depression a while back and I've been trying to beat it. But I just can't. Lately ive been suicidal and I started cutting myself again (it was 3 months since the last time i did) and my best friend doesnt like hearing about it. This morning i attempted suicide. PLEASE help me. I hate being like this.

Hey, girl. I am so sorry that you are suffering from your depression. It is crucial that you get help right away, I urge you to call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or 911 IMMEDIATELY. Suicidehotlines.com also offers hotlines in all 50 states for immediate help with suicide or self-harm issues.

Here are some other resources:

Focus Adolescent Services

Focus Adolescent services (focusas.com) offers info on local help and resources for teens.

Depression.com

Depression is one of the most common problems for teenagers today. Help can be found at depression.com, which offers information on understanding depression, treating depression and dealing with depression in everyday life. The site also details how others have recovered from depression, and offers tips in maintaining mental health.

Your life is precious, and I don't have to know you to know that you are a beautiful person who has so much to offer. Please stop hurting yourself. You are stronger than you know, and you can beat this with the right help. Please, please, please, contact the hotline I mentioned if you feel you can't talk to anyone you know. Keep talking to me, if that helps. love, Helen S.

Helen S.

by hbmsbraceface on 1/12/2013 3:51:26 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!
1. So my bf's friends are REALLY annoying and mean. I hate them! They're constantly butting into our relationship. We broke up last month but we got back together, and they're trying to make me and my bf second guess our choice. I've told my bf and he asked me to "please try and get along with them, they're my best friends." I've tried, but theyre really being jerks. What do i do?
2. Like i said earlier, my bf and i broke up last month. During the time we were broken up, he started dating another girl. We got back together, so he broke up with her, but he lied about the reason. He said it was to focus on school, but it was because we got back together and she doesnt know. So, i told my locker buddy/guy friend that we were back together. And now he's holding it over my head like he'a about to tell my bfs ex. What do i do???? Thanks!

Hey Chica, tough sitch, Unfortunately, not getting along with your BFs friends is kinda a deal breaker. Maybe when you're all hanging bring some girls for back up. Stick up for yourself, but don't start something. About what your locker buddy says, he probably won't go tell the other girl. You and your BF are dating, it shouldn't be an issue, and you shouldn't have to hide it.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by PandaLover0330 on 1/10/2013 4:30:22 PM

Your right Alexis G. some girls prob do it for a ego boost
Also if u went out on your first date and
When u got back from the bathroom
And saw your waitress and date making out
What would your reaction be? I saw this on
A tv show once I felt soooooo bad for the girl
Especially since it was her first date :-(

by Redvelvetluv on 1/10/2013 12:17:28 PM

Why do some girls insist on stealing other girls/there friends boyfriend
I mean seriously there are plenty of fish in the sea does it
Make them feel good about themselves? I watched a show on
Lifetime a couple weeks ago about these two best friends
Supposedly they were friends since third grade but then
The one friend made out with her friends boyfriend
Oh my gosh that would bother me so much!

Hey girl,

You were spot on: girls steal other girl's boyfriends because it makes them feel better about themselves. It's hard to understand, but sometimes it's easier for girls to find a self esteem boost in attention from boys then it is to find it within themselves.

Alexis G.

by Redvelvetluv on 1/10/2013 10:42:29 AM

Those are great ideas on asking a guy out, its not so bold where if he says no we would be crushed. Those ideas can work with other situations too. Next thing we know we will be dating the guys we asked out.

We should let GL know when it works and how things went with their suggestions because I am sure they will work and will lead to some romance.

by fashionqn on 1/9/2013 10:47:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've been upset lately because I feel like my mom is always ignoring me. She is constantly with my step-dad 24/7. No exaggerations. This gets really annoying because they are always talking to each other. So I NEVER get a big chance to talk to her. She's always busy and whenever she's not, she's with my step-dad. And when i do fit in a word or two in their conversations, about how school was or maybe about how I should get rid of split ends she'll answer quickly and just turn back to my step-dad. It's like she doesn't care about what I'm saying. I tell her how I feel and she doesn't change the way she acts. And if i suggest a mom daughter night it barely ever happens. And on top of all of this my mom doesnt even KNOW me. She doesnt know what i like to eat and she doesn't know pretty much anything, proboaly because she barely talks to me. I'm so fed up with this and I don;t know what to do and I really am just sad. What should I do? Thanks so much..

Hey girlie, talk to her. I know it will be hard to get a chance, but you need to tell her how you feel. If she knows, I'm sure she'll make an effort to spend more time with you.

Lauren T.

by luvgirlie777 on 1/9/2013 7:55:47 PM

So lately I've been feeling really upset and just plain sad. When my brother talks about his new gf at the dinner table I just look at my plate feeling like crying. I completely poured my heart out to a boy I liked and he didn't like me back and completely ignored me, even in the halls we'd look at each other and look down. So once I started to back off, he seemed to want to get my attention by flirting with other girls! I just feel hurt but I still rly like him.btw were 14. I know people say that i dont need to be in a relationship at my age, but I see all of these people in love, and I think that I'm ready but I don't know how to gain my crushes attention back. I don't know how to put myself out there again, bcuz I'm scared of falling again. Help. Please

Hey girlie, you'll find the right boy in your own time. Just because people you know are in relationships now, doesn't mean that you're ready. Hold out and the right person will come along. And for most people that isn't middle or high school.

Lauren T.

by joelcourtneysuper8 on 1/9/2013 7:09:41 PM

How can I get this one guys attention without being overly
Flirty I'm really shy so I have no idea how to start a
Conversation with him I know he likes football but
I have no idea what team he likes I really want to talk to him
But He makes me so nervous Thanks so much!

Hey girlie, just be confident! Say hi and ask how he's doing and see where things lead from there. All it takes is word to start the conversation and the rest will come.

Lauren T.

by redvelvetluv on 1/9/2013 6:56:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!! I was at a party, and this cute boy asked if he could see my new fifth generation iPod touch so I said sure. After looking at it for a few, he returned it and said, here ya go. Then next time I turned it on I saw that be had taken a picture of me and set it as both screen savers!!!! Why did he do that??? He was also trying to sit by me!

Hey girlie, he might have been trying to flirt with you or make sure that you noticed it. Take it as a compliment!

Lauren T.

by Ralinia on 1/9/2013 6:25:12 PM

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over 2 months. We're 13. Anyways we got back from winter break today. Well we've been talking about having our first kiss. Today his hugs we harder and lasted longer. At the end of the day when he hugged me goodbye. When we hugged i felt his cheek really close to mine like he had tried to kiss me. Then as I let go we kind if got tangled and some gug walking by said well that was an awkward hug. Do you think he was talked about the tangle at the end our him maybe trying to kiss me? Do you think he was trying to kiss me?

by PhoebeCho379 on 1/9/2013 6:24:21 PM

Mod mod mod
so in 6th period today a group of guys wouldn't stop looking and smiling in my direction, keeping in mind that i was sitting in a group of girls and we were looking at them too. But two of the guys Who i happen to like wouldn't stop looking at us. They were doing this yesterday, but only one or two not like 5. I don't know what to do i like two of the people but my friends that i was sitting with liked the other guys. I am suuuuuupper shy and when i am done with my work i read, like suuuuuuper shy i can't talk to guys that i like without merging my face with a tomato. What should I do? Thnx soo much

Hey girlie, to make it easier approach them with at least one friend. See if you can merge the group of guys and girls to get to know them better and get comfortable with them.

Lauren T.

by favcolorgreen on 1/9/2013 5:07:42 PM

Mod mod mod
Ok so tomorrow, I might ask out my crush. The problem is, I'm 13 and my mom says I can't date until I'm 16. She approves of my crush though, and one time, I heard my crush's friend say to him "ask her out". I told my mom about it and she said "what will you say" and I said "yes, I guess". And she was ok with it. She even said that he can hang out with me. But sometimes, she changes her mind. She said for my birthday I can get my second hole in my ear, but then she changed her mind. I'm afraid that she'll change her mind about this. What do I say to her to clarify everything? And I was thinking of changing up my look a bit to get his attention. I have hazel/green eyes and fair skin with light brown hair, and it's almost half way down my back. What are some cute haircuts or hair do's? Thanks Laughing

hey girl! you just need to have a clear convo with your mom. dont beat around the bush, tell her your plan to ask him out and see what she says! for hairstyles, check out these articles for inspiration

xoxo