8 MINUTES AGO The shocking truth about flu shots: http://t.co/LX6Niz48FW

AN HOUR AGO In Both of Me, a total stranger changes Clara's life 4ever. Win this mind blowing book from @BlinkPublishing today: http://t.co/ueozMpeV4p

2 HOURS AGO Who wants to get paid to play with puppies? 🙋 :http://t.co/yTJ71zaS1nn

COMMENTS

Another school shooting. What's next?

Earlier today, a 16-year-old walked into a rural California high school with a shotgun, shot a classmate and attempted to shoot someone else before a...

More people are killed in car accidents than by a gun. Why shouldn't we ban the use of cars?

by eileygrace1999 on 1/11/2013 10:23:26 AM

People should be allowed to carry guns. If owning a gun becomes illegal, then only criminals will have guns, and America won't be safe. I think schools should have a gun, locked up safely, where a staff member who knows how to use a gun can gain access to it in the case of an emergency. I live in Oregon, where almost everyone owns at least one gun. I have friends who can't go for a walk on their property without a gun, because a wild animal might attack. If we take away guns, they WILL give up their guns, but they won't be as safe at their own house. Guns are necessary.

by eileygrace1999 on 1/11/2013 10:20:20 AM

Here's a question: Why is it so easy for people to walk into a school or any building in general with a gun?

by ineedadelorean on 1/11/2013 9:47:30 AM

I think that someone needs to be considering what has happened in the last 2 months, about. If when nobody is looking out, the wrong person could obtain such a weapon. I know that police officers use the weapons, but those are for our protection. Gun control laws should be tighter and more strict, but even then, criminals can illegally trade weapons or just simply steal. I don't know what is the matter with these people. We didn't do anything to them, so we don't deserve to be put to such grief. All I have to say is that someone, please, needs to take action. We also need to honor those that save us when we are in need of help. Such as: firefighters, police officers, paramedics, and many more people that come to the rescue. Thank you.

by jrprodigy12 on 1/11/2013 7:34:30 AM

Since 1989, there have been forty shootings in the United States. In those forty shootings, 275 people (not including the gunmen) have died. That's 275 lives cut short. Many educators who gave their lives for their students. Many children who will not grow up and go on to do the great things that they were supposed to be able to do. WHEN are we going to wake up and say ENOUGH? I don't have an answer to the shooting epidemic and I am not sure where I stand on guns, but SOMETHING needs to happen, because my brother is the same age as the precious Sandy Hook children who are no longer with us, and I want to be able to feel as though he is safe going to school. America needs to stop being so passive about these incidences and push for something to change so that all kids can feel safe in their schools and not let fear of something like this happening deter them from learning. May God be with the families and students in California and protect all of the schools in America.

by hayschlin13 on 1/11/2013 7:29:37 AM

I honestly didn't mean to offend anyone. I also don't think that this is an appropriate topic given the age of everyone on this site. I'm really not as old as I probably sound, but I just don't feel like there can only be one possible answer/explanation. Video games taught me to think of alternative solutions and be creative (in a good way) Smile My point is that not all video games are bad. Honestly, I would have been miserable growing up without them since I was picked on constantly. Give them a chance Smile There are honestly so many different kinds. I find the violent ones useful if I've had a stressful day, so that I can redirect my negative emotions on the game instead of at people. For beginners, I would recommend pokemon. For music lovers, there's guitar hero and rock band. I play all sorts of games and I love them Smile

by gamergirl on 1/11/2013 3:17:08 AM

Pugsgalore, that's like saying you can't play soccer because it teaches you that it's okay to kick the ball at people. People get enraged over the silliest things and act out of anger, but everyone automatically blames video games. Did this article even mention video games?

by gamergirl on 1/11/2013 2:20:39 AM

Pugsgalore, that's a really ignorant comment. I play "those violent video games" but I would never shoot anyone, and I'm pretty sure I'm older than you. If everyone who played "violent video games" was a criminal (as is the common belief), there would be SO many more killings everywhere!! Plus, I did research on it for one of my classes and the studies I found showed that T.V. shows and movies were MORE likely than video games to lead to violence, since video games let you get out whatever emotions you're feeling. There are disgustingly violent movies that teach you how to torture people, but why are those never questioned? They're much more graphic. Are you going to ban movies too? Just ban everything while you're at it so we can regress and become socialists. (This is NOT how I feel, but I hate it when video games are used as scapegoats). Problem? Let's blame video games, yeah that's a great idea! Let's lose all of our rights while we're at it. First amendment...look it up

by gamergirl on 1/11/2013 2:14:35 AM

Here's the deal; people are criminals for a reason. They're okay with breaking the law, and that includes acquiring guns. Murder is illegal and people still do it, so why would it be any different if they only acquired the gun illegally? I'm not excusing them for their actions, but law abiding citizens shouldn't have to suffer for the actions of others. I SEVERELY oppose that you can legally search on the internet for people in your area who LEGALLY own guns. I feel like it will incite more violence since those people will be looked at differently. What if they're just cops with a gun at home? Besides, a lot of the criminals illegally acquired their weapons anyway, so what good would it do to stop people from carrying weapons out of defense? There was a mass stabbing in China on the day that Sandy Hook happened. Are you going to ban all knives? Things need to be taken into consideration, but infringing on innocent peoples' rights is not the answer this time. I mean no offense.

by gamergirl on 1/11/2013 1:15:47 AM

I agree with prim thats an excellent idea!

by Chrissy23 on 1/11/2013 12:57:01 AM