AN HOUR AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

2 HOURS AGO GL's top 20 fave nail polish colors: http://t.co/pM4hyH3vhw

3 HOURS AGO ICYMI catch @ChloeGMoretz in the @IfIStay trailer here: http://t.co/wUNpUVWwTd

COMMENTS

Another school shooting. What's next?

Earlier today, a 16-year-old walked into a rural California high school with a shotgun, shot a classmate and attempted to shoot someone else before a...

I don't think that we should take away the law the right to bare arms, but I think that some how we can lock up all guns and then when you are going hunting then you can get the gun from a leagl person and yeah

by iryry18 on 2/3/2013 7:36:12 PM

These shootings scare me

by Himasri on 1/31/2013 10:09:23 PM

I need some ways to organize and decorate my school binder with things I have at home. Any tips? Thanks

Hey girlie, one of my favorite ways to decorate things is with pictures and words that I cut out of magazines. I'm sure you have plenty of magazines around the house that your parents won't mind you cutting up. Then just tape or glue them on! Any stickers you have are also a great idea.

Lauren T.

by aweaver13 on 1/30/2013 5:30:47 PM

I don't think that they should outlaw guns. If the someone really wants a gun, they'll find a way to get it. Bad people will continue to be bad. And making guns illegal could just make this worse. Like when someone tells you not to read a certain book, it just makes you curious and tempts you to read it. Taking away guns would just mean that innocent people would not be able to defend themselves against bad people. And, (I'm not sure) isn't it illegal to pass a law that defies the constitution? Everyone should know how to use guns, and be smart with them. If good people knew how to use guns, maybe people wouldn't be so eager to do a shooting. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

by daylily5 on 1/22/2013 1:55:56 PM

Check out my club:It's all about Fashion and Beauty !!!We post daily and answer all questions!!! Topics we talk about:Clothes,Make-up,Nails,Hair,Skin-Careā™„ I would be very happy if you would(:

by nazirah817 on 1/22/2013 10:15:43 AM

Earlier this school year, a student brought a gun to my school and I can honestly say that gun control would not have prevented him from trying to hurt other students and teachers. He would have simply used another weapon. The people that attempt to hurt others like this student and others have done are not going to stop because we tell them to, they are just going to find another way.

by mac1255 on 1/21/2013 2:29:56 PM

We don't need gun control, that would just mean people would want to have guns more.(human's self-conscious) What we need is idiot control.

by guitargurl98 on 1/19/2013 9:34:13 PM

If I were joe Biden... I don't really know. People where I live are big time hunters and they enjoy it. But yeah, in big cities there are also freaks who use guns for the total wrong reason. Banning guns is ridiculous in my opinion - what about we hillbillies who are deer hunters!? I don't know all the deets on this gun issue, but it's totally horrible to kill a person. Self defense is one thing - opening fire in a school filled with innocent children is just horrible! My prayers are with everyone affected by the school shootings. <3

by Da.shelb on 1/17/2013 8:24:23 PM

All this makes me want to cry. What has come to our country?

by th3-futur3-4w41ts-y0u on 1/17/2013 12:51:15 PM

Question. Why would people need weapons that the military use to DEFEND US? There's no need to have automatic rifles, because you don't actually need them unless you plan on killing multiple people, and in that case, YOU SHOULD BE IN JAIL, or get help. And there should be strict reasons to buy hunting guns, and whatever else, because if you don't plan on using them to do normal things, and instead kill people, then you shouldn't be able to buy the gun in the first place!

by prettypinkelephants on 1/16/2013 8:03:23 PM

What are we gonna do?

by Heyyy0619 on 1/12/2013 8:21:38 PM

There is always going to exsist the ever-prominent fact that some people in this country (and all over the world for that matter) are not responsible when it comes to fire arms.But banning our country's major protection outlet will most likely cause more problems than before.People will rebuke the idea by increasing the gun-flaunting tlin spite of the government as a sign of dissaproval.Our world has enough problems without human beings turning on each other, but we can't control what some maniacs do.Even if they passed the initiative people will still murder each other using other weopons of choice.I believe that guns are powerful tools that are used for good AND evil.They can take our lives or save them, depending on the person who's hand is on the trigger and their judgment.I know that if a person has any kind of lethal weapon- not just guns- they should know the major affect that it could have on someone.We don't to get rid of guns... we need to get common and some respect.:J

by OMLANTA!!!!!!!!!! on 1/12/2013 11:36:11 AM

The Connecticut shooting had very strict gun laws, but that shooting still occurred. There is a town in Tennessee (I forget its name) that has a rule that everyone always has a gun, and they have some of the lowest violence rates in the country. If someone really wants a gun to kill people, they can get it illegally or use another weapon.
Put yourself in two scenarios where you are a criminal looking to shoot innocent people: 1) It's illegal to own guns unless you are a safety person like police. You are fairly certain that the people around you do not have guns, but you have one that you bought illegally. 2) You are in that Tennessee town where every adult always has a gun. You also have a gun.

Say in each scenario you shoot a random person in the same place, lets say a mall. In #1, you can continue shooting others until an officer stops you. In #2,if you shoot someone, a third person will shoot you. If you know that everyone around you has a gun, you're less likely to shoot.

by sarahaqua17 on 1/11/2013 7:56:13 PM

P.S. Automatic or semi-automatic not sure which but you get the idea.

by loveyourlife43 on 1/11/2013 5:26:42 PM

I think they should get rid of the semi-automatic guns. No person needs to carry a gun where they can shoot multiple people without thinking. Ya I get that the Bill of Rights says we have the right to bear arms but a shotgun or pistol is much different from a semi-automatic. To stop a criminal or a shooter you only need a shot or two to protect yourself and others. No need for a bunch of bullets that could kill innocent people. I'm praying for you victims of school shootings! <3

by loveyourlife43 on 1/11/2013 5:24:50 PM

The fact of the matter is, if someone wants a gun, they will get it easily. Guns are illegally sold here all the time. And if they can't use a Gun, they will use something else. A car, a taser, a knife, a bow and arrow, you name it. Taking away the rights of the average civilian to have a gun is not going to protect them because they will be defenseless. The rights were put in place to protect us from the government, so when people say "only military and police (who work for the government) can have the guns", we are not being protected.

by jjinhc on 1/11/2013 4:59:20 PM

It's not the gun that kills people. People kill people. You can kill a person just as easily with a car. I don't hear all of you freaking out saying we need "car control" or "car banning". Drugs are illegal. I still see people selling their weed. No matter what, a criminal is still gonna have a gun. If not a gun he'll find himself a bat. If that one bad guy has a gun and you have nothing, what do you thinks gonna happen to you? Obama is trying to ban guns, but what if his body guards had to get rid of theirs? Obama would be history because he'd have no protection from the bad guys. Hitler made his people get rid of their weapons? Remember what happened? So umm before you say how and guns are, remember that a gun won't just take your life, it will save it.

by katiekk16 on 1/11/2013 4:38:33 PM

Weapons such as guns and knives should only be used by police and firefighters and other people that rescue us when we are in need. There is no other use for such weapons. I know that knives are used for food. But if weapons like guns are just banished for good, the number of murders will decrease. The only hard part about it is getting these weapons from criminals. What do you think? Comment and put my username if you are responding to me. Thanks! And, everyone, I dare you to, tomorrow, be nice to someone that you hate. No matter how much you despise them, just say something like "I like your shoes! Where did you get them?" It's worth it in the end... I'm telling you...

by jrprodigy12 on 1/11/2013 3:55:47 PM

I think that only police and military personal should have a gun. No one else needs a gun. There should be NO reason to need a gun even for protection. They need to be way more secured and if they do stay legal. Then people should only be able to have one small one and that's it! Not a collection of riffles like some people have. That's my opinion on them.

by Redhead5678 on 1/11/2013 1:13:06 PM

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Our lives ARE worth owning guns, guns could SAVE your life. You never hear about the shootings where the gunman was shot by a good guy before they could kill somebody else. And semi automatic and full automatic are completely different. Semi automatic is you pull the trigger once and one bullet fires. Automatic is where you hold the trigger down and it keeps shooting. People are much safer when the good guys have guns.

by KowboyKrazyKK on 1/11/2013 11:01:50 AM

More people are killed in car accidents than by a gun. Why shouldn't we ban the use of cars?

by eileygrace1999 on 1/11/2013 10:23:26 AM

People should be allowed to carry guns. If owning a gun becomes illegal, then only criminals will have guns, and America won't be safe. I think schools should have a gun, locked up safely, where a staff member who knows how to use a gun can gain access to it in the case of an emergency. I live in Oregon, where almost everyone owns at least one gun. I have friends who can't go for a walk on their property without a gun, because a wild animal might attack. If we take away guns, they WILL give up their guns, but they won't be as safe at their own house. Guns are necessary.

by eileygrace1999 on 1/11/2013 10:20:20 AM

Here's a question: Why is it so easy for people to walk into a school or any building in general with a gun?

by ineedadelorean on 1/11/2013 9:47:30 AM

I think that someone needs to be considering what has happened in the last 2 months, about. If when nobody is looking out, the wrong person could obtain such a weapon. I know that police officers use the weapons, but those are for our protection. Gun control laws should be tighter and more strict, but even then, criminals can illegally trade weapons or just simply steal. I don't know what is the matter with these people. We didn't do anything to them, so we don't deserve to be put to such grief. All I have to say is that someone, please, needs to take action. We also need to honor those that save us when we are in need of help. Such as: firefighters, police officers, paramedics, and many more people that come to the rescue. Thank you.

by jrprodigy12 on 1/11/2013 7:34:30 AM

Since 1989, there have been forty shootings in the United States. In those forty shootings, 275 people (not including the gunmen) have died. That's 275 lives cut short. Many educators who gave their lives for their students. Many children who will not grow up and go on to do the great things that they were supposed to be able to do. WHEN are we going to wake up and say ENOUGH? I don't have an answer to the shooting epidemic and I am not sure where I stand on guns, but SOMETHING needs to happen, because my brother is the same age as the precious Sandy Hook children who are no longer with us, and I want to be able to feel as though he is safe going to school. America needs to stop being so passive about these incidences and push for something to change so that all kids can feel safe in their schools and not let fear of something like this happening deter them from learning. May God be with the families and students in California and protect all of the schools in America.

by hayschlin13 on 1/11/2013 7:29:37 AM

I honestly didn't mean to offend anyone. I also don't think that this is an appropriate topic given the age of everyone on this site. I'm really not as old as I probably sound, but I just don't feel like there can only be one possible answer/explanation. Video games taught me to think of alternative solutions and be creative (in a good way) Smile My point is that not all video games are bad. Honestly, I would have been miserable growing up without them since I was picked on constantly. Give them a chance Smile There are honestly so many different kinds. I find the violent ones useful if I've had a stressful day, so that I can redirect my negative emotions on the game instead of at people. For beginners, I would recommend pokemon. For music lovers, there's guitar hero and rock band. I play all sorts of games and I love them Smile

by gamergirl on 1/11/2013 3:17:08 AM

Pugsgalore, that's like saying you can't play soccer because it teaches you that it's okay to kick the ball at people. People get enraged over the silliest things and act out of anger, but everyone automatically blames video games. Did this article even mention video games?

by gamergirl on 1/11/2013 2:20:39 AM

Pugsgalore, that's a really ignorant comment. I play "those violent video games" but I would never shoot anyone, and I'm pretty sure I'm older than you. If everyone who played "violent video games" was a criminal (as is the common belief), there would be SO many more killings everywhere!! Plus, I did research on it for one of my classes and the studies I found showed that T.V. shows and movies were MORE likely than video games to lead to violence, since video games let you get out whatever emotions you're feeling. There are disgustingly violent movies that teach you how to torture people, but why are those never questioned? They're much more graphic. Are you going to ban movies too? Just ban everything while you're at it so we can regress and become socialists. (This is NOT how I feel, but I hate it when video games are used as scapegoats). Problem? Let's blame video games, yeah that's a great idea! Let's lose all of our rights while we're at it. First amendment...look it up

by gamergirl on 1/11/2013 2:14:35 AM

Here's the deal; people are criminals for a reason. They're okay with breaking the law, and that includes acquiring guns. Murder is illegal and people still do it, so why would it be any different if they only acquired the gun illegally? I'm not excusing them for their actions, but law abiding citizens shouldn't have to suffer for the actions of others. I SEVERELY oppose that you can legally search on the internet for people in your area who LEGALLY own guns. I feel like it will incite more violence since those people will be looked at differently. What if they're just cops with a gun at home? Besides, a lot of the criminals illegally acquired their weapons anyway, so what good would it do to stop people from carrying weapons out of defense? There was a mass stabbing in China on the day that Sandy Hook happened. Are you going to ban all knives? Things need to be taken into consideration, but infringing on innocent peoples' rights is not the answer this time. I mean no offense.

by gamergirl on 1/11/2013 1:15:47 AM

I agree with prim thats an excellent idea!

by Chrissy23 on 1/11/2013 12:57:01 AM

The world is so messed up and it's sad! I don't know if banning guns would help a lot but I think it could help. Drugs are illegal and there is still drugs on streets. I think there isn't really a good way to look at his because either way there is people angry. I think we need to take time to help victims more before we turn it into politics.

by cece-marie on 1/11/2013 12:10:48 AM

I think that they should do something about those video games with guns and making fun to kill people. I It's sick! They should also do something about those rap songs telling people about guns. And they should make it so that there aren't websites where you can buy a guns.

by Pugsgalore2 on 1/11/2013 12:05:24 AM

When it comes to subjects like this, we just need to remember that our lives and safety are more important than owning guns. Believe me, I get that it wont stop these kinds of problems completely, but it will help reduce the amount of tragic incidents.

by sprinklz28 on 1/10/2013 11:49:09 PM

the other week me and my friends were saying tht the kids at sandy hooks shouldn't go back to school(it was the day they were going back) they should take a year off of school to get it off their minds and possible, hopefully forget about for the rest of there lives!!

by purple_purple on 1/10/2013 11:15:17 PM

I think that they should make automatic and semi automatic weapons illegal. there is no need for a gun where you press the trigger once and it will shoot twenty bullets.

by 4soccer27 on 1/10/2013 10:42:21 PM

We had an amazing discussion about this in class. There were so many great ideas but a lot of us were being more emotional than being realistic. Emotions can be a bad thing because you sometimes think you are doing the right thing when you arent.
One person talked about what hypocrites our leaders are because they are trying to take away peoples rights but then gave all those guns to the mexican gangs. I didnt know what they were talking about but someone in law enforcement said it was completely true. And look at drugs, they outlaw drugs and look at how many people are using them illegally.

by fashionqn on 1/10/2013 10:01:19 PM

This makes me sick, how some people have the nerve to into a school and shoot .but we talked about the past sandy hook thing in my civics class and we think there should be a test to see if you have a mental illness like the sandy hook shooter and my school is going crazy with security now

by animallover0 on 1/10/2013 9:57:17 PM

the constitution was written 200 hundred years ago. Shouldn't we ban gun sales?

by Santana65 on 1/10/2013 9:46:20 PM

California already has some of the strongest gun laws in the country. So does Connecticut. People are going to be killing people no matter what. It is not the gun that kills the person, it is another person who kills them. Plus, only a couple percent of guns that are used in crimes are legally bough.

Did anyone hear about those people in NY who had their names and addresses published in their local paper because they LEGALLY owned a gun. Not people who had committed crimes. They had done nothing wrong and now they are set up for gun theft, and the people who don't own guns are now vulnerable for robbery because criminals know that they don't have guns to protect themselves with.

by bunniesrock14 on 1/10/2013 9:20:59 PM

Gun control isnt going to stop this. People will find ways to get the guns. They can still use a bat or a car or anything else that the government cant take from us. They dont need guns to cause harm.

by soccerholic on 1/10/2013 9:04:10 PM

Oh my God this happened about 15 minutes from me. The teachers were so awesome and calmed down the shooter. Thank God<3

by Beachychick on 1/10/2013 9:01:46 PM

I'm so tied up about this issue. There are several people in my family who love to go hunting, and my dad and younger brother are super passionate about guns! My dad owns so many, and he loves collecting them, just for the joy of it. However, one of my best friends was shot almost exactly a month ago, and my entire school has been extremely overwhelmed by her death. It's incidents like that that make me think of gun control as a good possibility, but then again, I remember that while drugs are illegal, so many people still have easy access to them. Who says that people won't still own guns even if we do have gun control laws? I feel that gun control laws would be even MORE dangerous, due to the fact that law-abiding citizens would have no way to defend themselves against another armed man if necessary. Helen S.

by purplerainn on 1/10/2013 8:51:32 PM

I used to be fine with guns. Until sandy hook. Little kids shouldn't be killed, they shouldn't be afraid of guns. I want to feel like my little brother can go to kindergarten and be safe all day. NO guns.

by Beachychick on 1/10/2013 8:50:53 PM

i say we make it so that to get a gun you cant have a criminal background and you need a letter from you doctor saying you are mental stable

by Prim on 1/10/2013 8:38:40 PM

While this is very messed up, banning guns won't help that much. People will just start using IED's (Improvised Explosive Devices) or other weapons. Banning guns will just take away a basic constitutional right!

by 512kca on 1/10/2013 8:29:57 PM

I will now light a candle when I see this kind of.

by NiallHluver_1 on 1/10/2013 8:25:55 PM

a person can keep a gun in their house. yes. but outside of there house for reasons other than hunting or sometnhing they are allowed to do? no. the people selling guns should do a check to see if the gun buyer has any children who are not qualified or something liek that with a gun. I mean if they are school shooting and the student isn't old enough to buy his/her own gun, where do you think they get it? From where their parent/guardian keeps it. If a person with a child buys a gun, he/she should have a secure placec to put it where the child can never reach unless in an emergency with a robber or burgalur

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 1/10/2013 8:23:51 PM

I personally don't think anyone-anyone needs an assualt rifle in their hands...with that said only people who are police officers should hand-guns...and hunters should be out through mental stability tests before getting their hands on any gun.

by pinterest on 1/10/2013 8:17:20 PM

I can't believe this happened again.But you can't ban guns criminals will just by them illegally.Or will find other things to kill people with.Plus guns save the good guys like cops.Plus cops always say I hope I don't have to use it if I don't need to.This world is so messed up! This makes people really scared they won't want to send there kids to school anymore because their afraid that what happens if they don't come back? And I totally agree with caityrican.

by emmacd on 1/10/2013 8:13:04 PM

Thanks Lizzylizard and pinksox, hopefully the president will agree, but we will see what happens I guess!

by Chloe<3 on 1/10/2013 8:11:44 PM

I think nobody should be able to own guns! WEll, at least they can't bring them into their house. I think you can only rent guns. That way people can still hunt and that stuff. Also, machine guns shouldn't be legal.

by C8Coolest on 1/10/2013 8:07:32 PM

Im a gun owner myself & im only 14. I don't think guns should be band, well the can't according to the second amedment. Im in trap, which is really good sport. u can get very good scolarships to colleges from it, even hand gun events to. We have to take hunter saftey before you can shoot, & if u buy a really good gun like a machine gun; u have to go some much papper work & background checks to even get one. It sad to see to people do this, but we really should like at obama health care. His care going to make all the mental ill people not be in the place they need, & the medication they need. If u look at all the cases, most people that do this are mental ill or something that happend in the child hood. Or people that were let out of jail, they let them have guns. Plus people need to have to buy & but there guns in a gun safe cause they have a pad code u have to enter too get in to it. It that type of protection needeed. Did u now the u.s.a hunters make the largest army in the in world

by rubysparkle on 1/10/2013 7:58:52 PM

I totally agree caityrican! I heard, in Texas, they have a police in the school building and they haven't had a shooting, yet....So, I think they should do that in every state!

by GoddessOfBooks on 1/10/2013 7:25:48 PM

I'm going on a trip where I'm going to be swimming. and I have a muffin top. I don't know what exercises to do to get rid of it. I feel really embarrassed and self conscious about it. but, I get aches when ever I try to exercise a lot. what's the problem!!!!

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by gabbyw123 on 1/10/2013 7:25:15 PM

Chloe<3 you totally get it! If you take away guns what is to stop criminals from getting guns illegally? Or using other tools as weapons? Gun control will make crime rates skyrocket. There are so many stories about people who have concealed carry who have save others from death or injury. Not to mention one woman who was attacked and she said she had a gun (she didn't) and her attacker fled the scene. Guns are a good thing. It's the people who are carrying them.

by pinksox on 1/10/2013 7:23:34 PM

I totally agree caityrican! I heard in Texas, they have a police in the building, and they haven't had a shooting, yet...So, I think it should be like that in every state! People are so crazy, these days.

by GoddessOfBooks on 1/10/2013 7:23:24 PM

Omg I just read about this on yahoo..something EXTREME needs to be done. 16 year olds should not be able to get their hands on guns..in fact honestly, no one should. Guns carry to much power and to much damage and should be outlawed in my opinion. I know it's that simple but honestly..this clearly is a huge problem in our country right now and it's sorta freaking me (and lots of other people) out. Kids no longer feel safe going to school and that's a huge problem because if they are a nervous wreck all the time, they aren't going to be learning and absorbing information and that will end up affecting our future as a country. I remember reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult like a year ago and being fascinated by it..thinking like yeah but this kind of thing doesn't actually happen...and suddenly it's happening all over the place and hitting home for me and everything it's so crazy in the worst way. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE....NOW...TODAY!!!!

by maggie183 on 1/10/2013 7:22:58 PM

I think it's time that guns were banned. Obv a lot of people aren't matture to use them the right way...

by Emtheartist on 1/10/2013 7:18:33 PM

I don't think they should get rid of guns. Guns don't kill people, the people using the guns (and other weapons) kill people. Guns don't just get up outta nowhere and randomly start shooting people by themselves. Its the people who kill, not the guns.

by caityrican on 1/10/2013 7:02:08 PM

I totally agree Chloe<3!!!

by Lizzylizard101 on 1/10/2013 7:00:09 PM

I'm so disappointed in America. In England, we had one school shooting in the 90's and guns were banned right afterwards. In America, there have been at least 12 school shootings and guns still haven't been banned.

by chloe617 on 1/10/2013 6:55:15 PM

No guns. People say "guns don't kill people, people kill people," however, if people can't be trusted with guns, people shouldn't have the guns. If you take the guns away from the people, it becomes much harder for people to kill people.

by emroxlol on 1/10/2013 6:48:54 PM

I cant believe another one happened I cant believe there are so many crazy people in the world. Honestly, I hope they don't take the guns away still. I only feel this way because the only people who will actually obey this law...is the good people. Criminals don't obey the law people! Therefore, they wont stop using guns. That will just leave people who actually obey the law (good people) to be gun-less and wont be able to defend their self and their families. Places have tried this before, and their is proof the violence went up! Not to mention criminals wont stop at guns! They will go for rocks, knifes, bats, hammers, THERE IS NO END! I plan to learn how to shoot and get a little chick gun to keep in my purse when I am old enough.

by Chloe<3 on 1/10/2013 6:35:48 PM

This world is so messed up!!!!!! I can't even stand it! Whats the point of going and shooting someone? I don't get it! I hope this never happens at my school! I have really good kids in my school though! But what about the random people coming in and shooting!! Helen S.

by 15hayhay on 1/10/2013 6:33:56 PM