2 HOURS AGO Sleep easy: 5 tips to kick your night owl habits for good: http://t.co/xh0ax2dZEE

2 HOURS AGO Enter Miss Kitty Couture's Style Selfie contest to win an iPad mini and fab fashions!: http://t.co/VLEA1qtyxe

3 HOURS AGO Bring on the new month with a DIY calendar!: http://t.co/mNSrvdHjnm

COMMENTS

First kiss! Tips for sweet smooches

Think you’re ready for your first kiss? It’s super easy to get nervous and feel anxious leading up to lip action, but we’ve got tips to make...

So my crush and I like eachother and he keeps telling me we need to hang out outside of school, we're in 8th grade and I keep turning him down even though I really want to. A mutual friend invited us and a bunch of other people to a party. His name is Matt and he's a big flirt (people call him a womanizer). I don't wanna listen to everyone else. Oh and I've never had a first kiss and I really want to kiss him and he really likes me (he has liked me since October, I found out he likes me last week).Do you think I should kiss him at the party? Part of me thinks that he'll kiss me and I really don't wanna make the first move. Help!!! Oh and school gets out for us in 2 weeks. Do you think I could somehow bring up the subject of kissing? I really want to have my first kiss by the end of the school year.

First of all I don't think you should rush your first kiss. If you force it, it could get really messy and awkward really fast. Just go with the flow! Have some fun and enjoy the end of your school year and beginning of your summer! Who knows what will happen and it's going to be 5 million times better if you don't force it and just go with the flow. As for dealing with Matt, just talk to him and get to know him yourself. If you two develop a friendship/relationship things are going to be so much better. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by KorahO on 5/28/2013 9:03:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Help!! so i was txting my friends and they all told their crushes how they liked them and it got me thinking i should tell my crush i like him but hes in eighth grade and im in seventh and hes my best friend's brother but she would be ok wit it but also we don't even talk that much i dont want to ask him out i just want to tell him i like him... Please Help Me!!!!!!!!

hey! sounds like all that's left to do is for you to just either walk up to him and tell him or maybe write him a note. I know you can do it!

Helen S.

by Monet428 on 1/25/2013 11:54:21 PM

A really great way to kiss and get kissed is to make cookies or cupcakes together and then put the frosting on his lips. He wont know what to do and as soon as he starts licking go for a nibble on his lip. I did that with this guy over the Holidays and it was a kiss and time to remember. You cant go wrong, trust me!

by fashionqn on 1/18/2013 10:59:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
My crush just asked me out and we're going on a date next weekend. Should I try and kiss him then or wait?

Hey girl,

That's awesome! As for kissing, just see how the date goes and if it feels right, go for it! Xoxo

Alexis G.

by th3-futur3-4w41ts-y0u on 1/17/2013 12:09:10 PM

There's this I guy I really like but I'm not sure he likes me because he's a big flirt with me and his ex and his two best friends ( their girls) and he's hugged me multiple times and held my hand but I doubt he meant it in a intimate way but then again I thought it was odd hat he only flirts with me and his ex..... And he borrows a pencil from me every day and even tickled me in class today and he also ruffles my hair..... But he just talks perverted to his ex and I guess you could call teasing.... It's completely different from how he treats me which makes me wonder if he does like me..... But j never catch him looking at me or anything like that .... I really like him....the good thing is he's one of the only guys i can be myself around without getting nervous !!!! Sorry it's sooo long!!! THANKS!!!!

by Reba22:22 on 1/15/2013 8:57:44 PM

Thanks Karin E. I'm making red velvet crispie treats for the party
What are some other sweets I could make? Like cookies
And cupcakes

Try making colorful sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies with colorful chocolate chips or a combo of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!
mailyse f.

by redvelvetluv on 1/14/2013 2:49:45 PM

Valentines day is coming up iv been wanting
To have a valentines party but now I'm not sure if
I want to the reason is because I don't have
A boyfriend so I won't get a valentines card
Also whenever I see my sisters like kiss
and cuddle with their fiancées I feel so Jealous
I don't understand why that can't be me cuddling with
My boyfriend also I'm gonna be the only sister who doesn't get a valentines
Card that makes me feel sad and irritated

Hey girl, go ahead and have that V-day party!  Valentine's Day is a million times more fun if you think about all the people you love in your life (not just the crushes you like in a romantic way).  Make cards for friends and fam and invite them to make them with you.  Sounds like a fun, crafty project.  Plus, I bet you'll get a card out of it too.

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 1/14/2013 11:16:01 AM

Mod mod mod
So the guys like sits in front of me in my first hour (he always asks me for help on the work Smile ) but he's switching classes second semester so I only have three more days with him. We never see each other in the hall or at lunch. I want to ask for his number or give him mine so we can still talk. How do I do that? He also has a gf....

Hey girlie, just ask for it or suggest hanging out another time. You need to be careful though since he does have a girlfriend to not be too pushy.

Lauren T.

by LilTigel on 1/13/2013 5:04:11 PM

MOD!
So recently I needed some help in science, and someone my mom works with has a son who is in AP and a year older than me. He came over one night last week and tutored me for a few hours. I thought he was really cute and he's really sweet and stuff. We go to different schools and all, so I was just wondering if you have any tips for how I can subtly flirt with him or like show that I'm interested while still getting work done without it being weird. I never know how to act in situations like this so it would be really to have some advice on how to be flirty but not obvious or desperate looking.
Thank you!!

Hey girl, I would suggest just laughing a lot at his jokes. It can get really awkward in tutoring and being that close. Just play it by ear. Maybe you can add him on facebook and talk to him more there? Just be careful!

lauren r.

by pinkballerina25 on 1/13/2013 2:00:23 AM

So I like this guy since seventh grade, I talked to him before, my friend was buddies with him. And he was at my high school at first then transferred but I still really like him and can't get him out of my mind. My other friend had his phone number and gave it to me but I'm not sure if I should text him or not. What would I say? Or would it just be creepy when I could have talked to him at school before he transferred. I could have talked to him since I knew him but I didn't and I'm really regretting it. What should I do? Text him or not...?

Hey girl,

Does he live close enough to you that you could still hang out with him on the weekends? If you didn't know him well before and he's in another state, it might be best to focus your attention on a guy at your school who is near you and who you can get to know better in person. But if he's close by and you can still spend time together, there's no harm in getting to know him as friends, and you shouldn't not talk to him just because he's at a different school! If he didn't give you his number himself and you think it would be weird to text him, maybe you could call him and talk instead, and say that you got his number from your friend. You could also set up a time to hang out in person (as friends) or in a group with some of the friends you have in common.

Meghan D.

by HockeyLuver on 1/12/2013 11:30:50 PM

I dont know how people last in long distant relationships without being able to kiss. That is one of the best things about having a bf, and you dont need a bf to be able to kiss a guy but it helps with the convenience. I guess they use skype to stay close like some people I know. Meghan D.

by fashionqn on 1/12/2013 10:32:52 PM

Mod (Meghan)
I have mentioned it to my friend before, and she said that part of her thinks he likes me, but she didn't really say anything else. If he does anything drastic, like telling me that he likes me, I will definitely tell her about it. Do you have any articles that give me some signs if a guy likes me so that I can keep those signs in mind?

Hey girlie,

That is great that you are keeping your friend in the loop! Check out this post for signs a guy likes you! Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/11/08/How-to-tell-if-he-likes-you-likes-you.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by aloha_morgan on 1/12/2013 10:00:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD Okay, so Valentines Day is coming up, and I want this year to be really special. I REALLY like my best guy friend, and I told him not long ago. He said that now isn't the time for him, and I understand. We're both Christian, and are trying to focus more on God first. He seemed happy to know I liked him, though, and we're still friends. Any tips on how to get this Valentine's Day to be special? ThanksSmile

Hey girlie,

If you aren't in a relationship, it's okay to give him a gift as friends that's not too romantic but still shows you care. Maybe you could get him something that reminds him of an inside joke you two have or something you like to do together. A book or a DVD is also a great solution! I'm sure he'll appreciate whatever you get him, because it's the thought that counts Smile

Meghan D.

by rebecca18 on 1/12/2013 9:17:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I need advice!! I think that my Best Friend's brother may like me. He's a grade older than me, but we're really close in age. He talks to me more than anyone in my grade, leans in when he talks to me, uses my name a lot, glances my way a lot (I always catch him and he looks away), and playfully teases me. One time, he was walking with me and we started walking different ways. He asked where I was going, and I told him, and he said "I was going to go this way to keep talking to you, but I'll go this way now". Another time, he stole my laptop battery and when I asked him to give it back, he went, "But I want to trade batteries with you... I love your battery" (weird, I know). I also went to one of his sporting events, and he won the event he normally loses (this could be for any reason, I just included it anyway). I don't want to talk to my friend about it quite yet. Do you think he likes me? Any advice?
Thank you sosososososososo much!

Hey girlie,

It sounds like he likes you or is at least flirting with you! I wouldn't think too much about it though, especially about the battery--you might just have a longer battery life! If you want to tell him you like him, though, I would definitely talk to your friend first. She would be really hurt if you didn't tell her about it and left her out! Ask her if she would be okay with it, because it's not worth losing your friendship with her when you're not sure if he likes you or not. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by aloha_morgan on 1/12/2013 9:16:58 PM

I kissed my ex like this once, and it really was magical! But long distnace... it's a killer.

by Drea148 on 1/12/2013 8:19:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!! ok, so, I have a problem with my boyfriend! I like him sooooo much and we text alllll the time! its never unnatural texting him! but when I see him in person, its like, SO awkward to talk! im confused! I think the technology is seriously ruining this for us! what can I do to avoid the awkwardness? Please help!!!

Hey girlie,

If you think you're texting too much, maybe you could take a break from texting for a little while and focus more on your in-person communication. Whatever topics you talk about when you're texting, just bring up in person! Once you get the ball rolling with a topic, it won't be awkward--you both already know you like each other! Start a casual convo and go from there. And when you're not together, try talking on the phone sometimes instead of just texting!

Meghan D.

by lalalagurl on 1/12/2013 7:51:55 PM

My bgf asked out my friend to the dance. But then my friend started being mean and physically abusive like slapping my bgf for no reason just for fun. He texted me about it and i was like wow and the next day he asked me to go to the dance with him and i said no cuz hes with my friend but he said he would break up with her. He did break up with her and I actually sorta like him. Is it bad to go with him to the dance now? My friend isnt that mad about them breaking up. She was just confused

by clll4321 on 1/12/2013 5:42:16 PM

My boyfriend and I kiss almost everyday. But he thinks we dont kiss right because he looks at other people when they kiss. He said to me "Baby when we kiss are we doing it right?" I didnt know how to respond! Help

by wintergirl97 on 1/12/2013 5:01:33 PM

One of my ex boyfriends used to always kiss me with his eyes open... I hated it!

by Blushing-Beauty on 1/12/2013 4:23:40 PM

ok so this guy asked for my number and i texted this guy like everyday over break, and we were friends before break too. he asked me if i wanted to hang out with him a few times and he would always tell me how beautiful i am and compliment me. he also told me that he has liked me for a while. but we came back to school this week, we haven't talked at all but he still texts me!! he hardly looks at me! what does this mean!? also any date ideas if i can figure this out lol? or anymore kissing tips? thanks for all your help!!!

Hey! You could go get ice cream or fro-yo together. maybe take a walk somewhere? I find movies are not the best for first dates because there's no talking and it can seem awkward after a while. Kissing tips hmmmm. Well the best advice I can give you is that you'll probably know what to do when its happening, these things tend to work themselves out Smile

Helen S.

by ponygirl6298 on 1/12/2013 3:57:18 PM

I am not looking forward to my first kiss just thinking about it makes my heart pound...

by Alykat18 on 1/12/2013 3:55:56 PM

Great Tips!! GL
I would add after you kiss to run your hands through his hair, that makes it better. I notice when I have done that the guy seems to get more into the kiss. Also try not to be stiff and dont tongue him to death and dont let him do that to you. Biting the lip is nice to but to me that is more intimate.

by fashionqn on 1/12/2013 3:53:57 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
None of my friends are ever free, and they haven't been free for the past 4 weeks. I've tried to plan in advance, but they're never free then either.
When they can't come, I have bad weekends. I've said this to GL and every time they say to "have a family night" but I do that so much! UGH!

hey! check out all these ideas for some weekend fun: http://www.girlslife.com/RockYourWeekend.aspx

Helen S.

by WinnieGirlie on 1/12/2013 3:30:01 PM

Hey Girls, want boy advice or other advice right away???
Check out my advice queen page: dragonsrox1000. I check almost every day so I'll get back to you ASAP.

by dragonsrox1000 on 1/12/2013 3:14:06 PM

My comments never get shown! If you see this, can you please look on "Get a Date: Hints on how to ask him out" because I sent the MODS a question.
Thanks! ~Megagirrl

hey! sure thing!

Helen S.

by megagirrl on 1/12/2013 3:07:02 PM

**MOD**MOD**MOD**MOD**MOD**MOD**MOD**MOD**MOD**MOD**
So on thurday night i had a dream about the boy that I like. I dreamt itw was my first kiss with him and it was magical. the next night he and i started talking again (its been a month) and i was sooooo happy. Is my dream a sign well have a relationship/friendship again?

Hey! Dreams are our brains' way of processing our thoughts and feelings from the day. They can seem prophetic at times because we may dream about someone we think about a lot, and then the events of the dram may prompt us to interact with them more. In that sense your dream could be a sign because you're making it one Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by alison99 on 1/12/2013 2:22:34 PM

OMG! I haven't worrying about this for a long time but I've just wanted this info for a while.

by transform2314 on 1/12/2013 1:58:18 PM

Thank you! This article just helped me a lot!

by ljbdaisy on 1/12/2013 1:43:33 PM

thank you so much for posting this. i have been freaked out for my first kiss for the longest time

by 4soccer27 on 1/12/2013 1:41:13 PM

MOD MOD!!! My crush is in my Science class for the second consecutive time. I wanna get his attention, but he has a girlfriend. Also, we're not really "friends." What do I do?!😍

Helen S.

by bluedogchica on 1/12/2013 1:19:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last night I dreamed that my crush asked me out. In the dream he put his arm around me and told that I was beautiful and he loved me. This morning when I woke I was so sad that I almost cried. A few minutes ago I was listening to love story by Taylor swift and I did start to cry. Am I going crazy or is this just a phase?

Hey girl, I totally understand. That happens to the best of us. It's just a phase. Dreams at night can really mess us up in the morning! Happens all the time. Just let it pass, it's okay! Smile

lauren r.