AN HOUR AGO 6 first date no-nos: http://t.co/AspBhgB7FF

13 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

16 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

COMMENTS

Get a Date: Hints on how to ask him out

You’ve had a crush on that cutie from your math class for weeks, and you really want to ask him to go out with you. But what’s...

mod mod mod
so i like this guy but hes just a guyfriend where kind of flirty towards each other ive tryed to ask him out before but i bale and say it was a dare how do i get out of the friend zone

Hey girl! Try flirting a bit more or dropping a couple hints. Decide where to go next based on how he reacts. Good luck!

xo

Taeler L.

by rosefairy101 on 4/15/2013 7:38:57 PM

MOD MOD
So I'm a sophomore who likes a senior in my guitar class. He's one if the few in the class that actually focuses and is there to learn how to play, not for the credits. The only problem is I can't make casual conversation with him during or after class because it's quiet so everyone would over hear because our seats are very spread out and assigned, and he is always really slow in packing up so I can't wait for him without being obvious. Do you have any suggestions of how I can talk to him or get his number? We've only said hi to eachother a few times in the hall or right before class (where he shows up later than me) and when we ask eachother if we need the tuner. We don't have homework in the class so I can't ask for his number for that either. Please help!!!! I want to be able to get his number by the time he graduates. THANKS!!!!

Hey British-IrishBoybands<3, I think I have a way for you to talk to him. After class while he's slowly packing up, talk to the teacher. Come up with any question, so you can waste time waiting for him. Once you see him leaving end the convo with your instructor and take things from there. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by British-IrishBoybands<3 on 3/26/2013 2:54:36 PM

So im really crushing on this boy in my grade, but he's always making fun of me. It seems likes its jokingly but i cant tell. When i text him and i cant think of what to talk about either. And hes really athletic and im more into music. How do i get the nerve to talk to him and ask him out? (And we are lab partners)

Hey Girl, it seems like you are on the right track. Texting him and talking to him in class is the only way you can get to know him and be confident that he likes you back. When in doubt of what to talk about, bring up a topic you know he likes (like sports) or something you have in common (your science class).

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by aleafofcool on 3/21/2013 11:42:00 AM

MODMODMOD

I am absolutley crazy about a guy and have been for almost 4 years. The problem is we don't really talk at all. We used to and he is so nice. I don't know how to talk to him. I am super shy and weird when it comes to boys, but I want to make something happen but I don't know how. Thanks!

by nwagirl on 3/20/2013 5:33:07 PM

Ok so I really like this guy lets call him Pickles! BTW I have liked this guy since 4th grade, so in 4th grade he told my sis that he was going to ask me out on the last month of school and he never did! Then I didn't know that I was going to be homeschooled (BUT I WAS) and now a few years later I still have feelings for him and I am going to go back to school next year and I just found out he is going to go to private school! Is it just me or does something bad always happen to me??? BTW I am not aloud to have a boyfriend yet but I think my parents were going to let me probally not but wishful thinking! I really like Pickles the food and the guy lol! HELP PLEASE!!! Smile

Hey girl, if you're never gonna' see this boy, it's probs best to move on.  Keep your eye out for a new cutie to crush on.  It's tough right now, but don't worry- there are lots of cuties out there!  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by Maddie90871 on 3/11/2013 11:32:54 AM

My guy friend is dating this girl, but he has only known her for like 4 weeks before he asked her out. I'm scared that he will end up broken-hearted, and I don't want that to happen to me. What should I do?
Thank you!

Hey girl, it's up to your guy friend to decide who he dates.  If he does end up broken-hearted, you can help him by being supportive and a good listener.  But for now, there's nothing to do but continue to be his friend.

Karin E.

by PeculiarGurl on 3/5/2013 2:57:11 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Help me! Theres this guy. Heres the story: I liked him forever. in the summerish. We went to the pool and the movies along with my bro and my best friend and he showed he liked me abunch. His mom worked at a bar, and worked all the time, so on weekends, he stayed at my house cause my bro was his bff. Then on Jan 1 his mom OWNED the bar. SO he doesnt stay at my house, but for alll of dec i didnt like like him but then now i LOOOOVE HIM We always hugged. I miss him so much. What can i do? He goes to a boarding school now. My friend catlin told me he that now has a deep voice and thatmade me want to see him even more and now i think about him all the time. I know i like him, and he likes me. Help me!!!! What do i do? I dont want to forget about him. I just need help with... I JUST DONT KNOW I MISS HIM HELP ME!!!

by KatnissEverlark13 on 2/27/2013 10:27:48 PM

Mod Mod Mod
so there is this guy ( there is always a guy) that i really like and have a crush on. He is super cute and funny and i just want him to ask me out really bad. my friend also likes him to. she says she likes him way more than me . she is always telling me that he stares at her and he was talking to her and was flirting with her. she says this stuff to me everyday. she is pretty and i quess i am pretty to (so my mom says). is she trying to make me feel jealous does she think im competion or does she just like talking about him and her. it bothers me because i dont care if he stares at her or talks. i would never tell her that though. i want him to like me but i just get shy around him and i get butterflies in my stomach. im normal fine with talking to guys but just not him. i like hgim and all but i cant tell if he is interested in me or my friend. should i just give up on us and let my friend have him or keep trying? Hey girlie,

If you and your friend both like the same guy, one of you is going to be hurt if the other goes for him. Is going for him worth potentially losing your friendship with her? Check out this article for tips on what to do when you and your friend like the same guy: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/02/Boy-or-bestie.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by kay333 on 2/11/2013 5:55:44 PM

i kinda like this guy but i'm sadly not the only one, my best friend likes him and probably way more. She'll try so hard to get his attention and when I found out that wew had the same crush i became upset, but i think theres a possibilty he likes me back, he always trys to talk to me in gym but he'll sometimes say the wierdest things and when we our eyes meet in the hallway or in the classrooom it won't last a second or two or three, it would be like twenty, somewhere around there. any ways i want to ask if he likes me but i dont even think i should bother if my friend likes him that much?

by isabella(izzy) on 2/2/2013 2:21:09 AM

Anyone else think it is awkward that girls want to go out with guys they've never even talked to before or really know anything about them except that they are cute? Kinda creepy. Also, to just suddenly become friends with a guy so you can get closer to them and get them to ask you out. Bit creepy as well. I mean, I'm not saying I have these crushes. But I don't think I would or could ever act on them. I'm 16 and I've never had bf, gone out on a date, or even had my first kiss. Kinda sad I guess. But it's probably because I don't want to waste my time with guys that I can't see myself actually having a life with. So I need help getting past that mind set and actually get a little dating action before I'm old and worthless. I mean, I have so much love to give and I can't wait to give it. It hurts sometimes, not having a guy to be with and love. How do I get past this road block?

Hey girlie,

There's nothing wrong with not having been on a date yet--a lot of girls aren't even allowed to date until they're 16! You will find someone when you're ready, and you have your whole life ahead of you to date someone, so try focusing on the positive things in your life, like your friends, family and school. A relationship will happen eventually!

Meghan D.