1 HOURS AGO Hashtag DYING over @r5's new EP—click here to find out why: http://t.co/arnKBGj9ma

2 HOURS AGO 3 ways to keep peace between the boyfriend and the bestie: http://t.co/ZVy3KERHrl

3 HOURS AGO It's #ManiMonday! Style up in 20 pretty polish picks: http://t.co/aQDYUFFHYZ

COMMENTS

Get a Date: Hints on how to ask him out

You’ve had a crush on that cutie from your math class for weeks, and you really want to ask him to go out with you. But what’s...

mod mod mod
so i like this guy but hes just a guyfriend where kind of flirty towards each other ive tryed to ask him out before but i bale and say it was a dare how do i get out of the friend zone

Hey girl! Try flirting a bit more or dropping a couple hints. Decide where to go next based on how he reacts. Good luck!

xo

Taeler L.

by rosefairy101 on 4/15/2013 7:38:57 PM

MOD MOD
So I'm a sophomore who likes a senior in my guitar class. He's one if the few in the class that actually focuses and is there to learn how to play, not for the credits. The only problem is I can't make casual conversation with him during or after class because it's quiet so everyone would over hear because our seats are very spread out and assigned, and he is always really slow in packing up so I can't wait for him without being obvious. Do you have any suggestions of how I can talk to him or get his number? We've only said hi to eachother a few times in the hall or right before class (where he shows up later than me) and when we ask eachother if we need the tuner. We don't have homework in the class so I can't ask for his number for that either. Please help!!!! I want to be able to get his number by the time he graduates. THANKS!!!!

Hey British-IrishBoybands<3, I think I have a way for you to talk to him. After class while he's slowly packing up, talk to the teacher. Come up with any question, so you can waste time waiting for him. Once you see him leaving end the convo with your instructor and take things from there. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

by British-IrishBoybands<3 on 3/26/2013 2:54:36 PM

So im really crushing on this boy in my grade, but he's always making fun of me. It seems likes its jokingly but i cant tell. When i text him and i cant think of what to talk about either. And hes really athletic and im more into music. How do i get the nerve to talk to him and ask him out? (And we are lab partners)

Hey Girl, it seems like you are on the right track. Texting him and talking to him in class is the only way you can get to know him and be confident that he likes you back. When in doubt of what to talk about, bring up a topic you know he likes (like sports) or something you have in common (your science class).

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by aleafofcool on 3/21/2013 11:42:00 AM

MODMODMOD

I am absolutley crazy about a guy and have been for almost 4 years. The problem is we don't really talk at all. We used to and he is so nice. I don't know how to talk to him. I am super shy and weird when it comes to boys, but I want to make something happen but I don't know how. Thanks!

by nwagirl on 3/20/2013 5:33:07 PM

Ok so I really like this guy lets call him Pickles! BTW I have liked this guy since 4th grade, so in 4th grade he told my sis that he was going to ask me out on the last month of school and he never did! Then I didn't know that I was going to be homeschooled (BUT I WAS) and now a few years later I still have feelings for him and I am going to go back to school next year and I just found out he is going to go to private school! Is it just me or does something bad always happen to me??? BTW I am not aloud to have a boyfriend yet but I think my parents were going to let me probally not but wishful thinking! I really like Pickles the food and the guy lol! HELP PLEASE!!! Smile

Hey girl, if you're never gonna' see this boy, it's probs best to move on.  Keep your eye out for a new cutie to crush on.  It's tough right now, but don't worry- there are lots of cuties out there!  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by Maddie90871 on 3/11/2013 11:32:54 AM

My guy friend is dating this girl, but he has only known her for like 4 weeks before he asked her out. I'm scared that he will end up broken-hearted, and I don't want that to happen to me. What should I do?
Thank you!

Hey girl, it's up to your guy friend to decide who he dates.  If he does end up broken-hearted, you can help him by being supportive and a good listener.  But for now, there's nothing to do but continue to be his friend.

Karin E.

by PeculiarGurl on 3/5/2013 2:57:11 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Help me! Theres this guy. Heres the story: I liked him forever. in the summerish. We went to the pool and the movies along with my bro and my best friend and he showed he liked me abunch. His mom worked at a bar, and worked all the time, so on weekends, he stayed at my house cause my bro was his bff. Then on Jan 1 his mom OWNED the bar. SO he doesnt stay at my house, but for alll of dec i didnt like like him but then now i LOOOOVE HIM We always hugged. I miss him so much. What can i do? He goes to a boarding school now. My friend catlin told me he that now has a deep voice and thatmade me want to see him even more and now i think about him all the time. I know i like him, and he likes me. Help me!!!! What do i do? I dont want to forget about him. I just need help with... I JUST DONT KNOW I MISS HIM HELP ME!!!

by KatnissEverlark13 on 2/27/2013 10:27:48 PM

Mod Mod Mod
so there is this guy ( there is always a guy) that i really like and have a crush on. He is super cute and funny and i just want him to ask me out really bad. my friend also likes him to. she says she likes him way more than me . she is always telling me that he stares at her and he was talking to her and was flirting with her. she says this stuff to me everyday. she is pretty and i quess i am pretty to (so my mom says). is she trying to make me feel jealous does she think im competion or does she just like talking about him and her. it bothers me because i dont care if he stares at her or talks. i would never tell her that though. i want him to like me but i just get shy around him and i get butterflies in my stomach. im normal fine with talking to guys but just not him. i like hgim and all but i cant tell if he is interested in me or my friend. should i just give up on us and let my friend have him or keep trying? Hey girlie,

If you and your friend both like the same guy, one of you is going to be hurt if the other goes for him. Is going for him worth potentially losing your friendship with her? Check out this article for tips on what to do when you and your friend like the same guy: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/02/Boy-or-bestie.aspx?cp=all

by kay333 on 2/11/2013 5:55:44 PM

i kinda like this guy but i'm sadly not the only one, my best friend likes him and probably way more. She'll try so hard to get his attention and when I found out that wew had the same crush i became upset, but i think theres a possibilty he likes me back, he always trys to talk to me in gym but he'll sometimes say the wierdest things and when we our eyes meet in the hallway or in the classrooom it won't last a second or two or three, it would be like twenty, somewhere around there. any ways i want to ask if he likes me but i dont even think i should bother if my friend likes him that much?

by isabella(izzy) on 2/2/2013 2:21:09 AM

Anyone else think it is awkward that girls want to go out with guys they've never even talked to before or really know anything about them except that they are cute? Kinda creepy. Also, to just suddenly become friends with a guy so you can get closer to them and get them to ask you out. Bit creepy as well. I mean, I'm not saying I have these crushes. But I don't think I would or could ever act on them. I'm 16 and I've never had bf, gone out on a date, or even had my first kiss. Kinda sad I guess. But it's probably because I don't want to waste my time with guys that I can't see myself actually having a life with. So I need help getting past that mind set and actually get a little dating action before I'm old and worthless. I mean, I have so much love to give and I can't wait to give it. It hurts sometimes, not having a guy to be with and love. How do I get past this road block?

Hey girlie,

There's nothing wrong with not having been on a date yet--a lot of girls aren't even allowed to date until they're 16! You will find someone when you're ready, and you have your whole life ahead of you to date someone, so try focusing on the positive things in your life, like your friends, family and school. A relationship will happen eventually!

by Roohboo on 1/28/2013 5:34:00 PM

There is this guy I really like and I don't know how to talk to him. It kinda freaks me out to talk to him. We know each other pretty well from church and school. How should I let him know I like him, but without just straight out saying that I like him? Does that make sense?

Hey! just start talking to him, like you would to a friend. Hopefully he'll pick up on the extra attention and get the message ;)

Helen S.

by londonlaura123 on 1/25/2013 11:31:54 PM

Check out my club:It's all about Fashion and Beauty !!!We post daily and answer all questions!!! Topics we talk about:Clothes,Make-up,Nails,Hair,Skin-Care♥ I would be very happy if you would(:

by nazirah817 on 1/22/2013 10:14:32 AM

So there's a guy that I have a big crush on but there's a couple problems. First of all he's a Senior and I'm a Sophomore; and secondly I have no classes with him and no way to talk with him. I see him in the hallways and at basketball games. He's on Varsity basketball and I'm a cheerleader. I can't really think of anything to say besides "good luck" and "good job at the game". I like him and want to talk with him (and hang out with him), but I don't want to embarrass myself either. Thanx! Smile

by dramaqueen01 on 1/21/2013 4:35:45 PM

Ok..so before Xmas break this guy gave me a candy cane message,which is basically a note with a candy cane. He wrote merry christmas (he spelled it wrong) and drew a picture of me. He acts goofy around me. My school's semi-formal dance is coming next month and I am not going with anyone. I need to know if he is flirting with me or just being nice!

Hey chica, it sure sounds like he likes ya, especially if you're the only one who got a sweet note from him.  Happy flirting!

Karin E.

by SoccerLili on 1/21/2013 1:52:55 PM

Mod mod!!
So my crush and I both like each other (yay!) and we've gone on a few dates like in this article, but we aren't officially "dating". So it wouldn't really work if I asked him out because we already do things together, he's just not my boyfriend. I'm just not sure what to do at this point or how to take it to the next level and make things official. Thanks!

Hey girl, YAY! Ask him if he'd like to be more than friends and be your boyfriend. Or you could just wait and see what he has planned. Maybe he wants to ask you out too but is a little too nervous!

lauren r.

by klc233 on 1/20/2013 2:56:49 AM

MOD
Hey I just want to pop nack in and say thanks to Lynae P. for her advice!!!! I love GL and thanks!

by actress12345 on 1/18/2013 10:22:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD… The awkward moment when you crush is your best guy friend, any advice on what to do? And how to possibly ask them out without ruining your friendship or making it awkward?

Hey girlie,

The good thing about liking your bgf is that you already know him, which is great! Maybe you could start out by asking him to dance with you at your next school dance or something else small. Or if you want to tell him you like him, say that you want to still be friends no matter how he feels. It might be awkward for a little while, but you also have the chance at something great! Good luck girlie Smile

by Smile :) on 1/18/2013 10:10:05 PM

I reported a girls comment but I didn't mean to it was a accident
I clicked the wrong button

Hey redvelvetluv, no worries girl! Xoxo Smile

by redvelvetluv on 1/18/2013 6:12:12 PM

MOD
ok so idk if this got posted because my computer went all crazy but I'm gonna post it again
Well, I'm pretty sure my crush likes me back, but the thing is, I don't have any classes with him. I see him at jazz band and at church, but that's like it. But we're friends, and I'm thinking I should wait on asking him out until next year, when we can both drive and there's marching band and camp and stuff like that. And if we don't like each other later, we'll still be friends. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

Hey actress12345, yeah but I don't see what's wrong with making a move now. If you say something to him now, you guys could be in a good relationship by next year. Just think about it. Xoxo Smile

by actress12345 on 1/18/2013 5:23:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
okayy so i go to a really small school where everybody knows everone and theres a bunch of guys i like but i dontwant to date them because im afraid everyone will know my business... sounds stupid I know but how do i over come this stupid fear??? Thanks!!!

Hey Reba22:22, when you start dating this guy, make it clear to him how you feel. Let him know you're a private person and want your business to stay your business. Who knows maybe he'll feel the same way. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by Reba22:22 on 1/18/2013 4:20:13 PM

Mod!
So there's this guy that I just started liking three days ago, but we're really good friends. He's actually a few months younger than me, but I don't really care about the age difference. The problem is that he just broke up with one of my really good friends about two weeks ago, but I didn't start liking him until a week and a half after that. I'm afraid that now is too soon for the two of us to start anything, but I really like him. But I can't tell if he likes me back. We talk a lot, we both like superheros, and I made him a friendship bracelet that he wears all the time. We also are both in band, and a while back he asked me to be in a sax trio with him, but like I said, we're really good friends, so I'm confused if he's flirting or just being a good friend. Sorry this is so complicated, but if it were easy, I'd probably have figured it out by now! Thanks (:

Hey hun, this does seem right on the borderline of friendship and flirting so the best thing to do is take it up a notch and see how he reacts...just check with your friend first so you don't hurt her feelings. Chances are she'll be fine with it! If he responds with more flirting, tell em how u feel. If he doesn't feel the same way back, at least you two still have a great friendship. Check this out for more help click here!

Jenn S.

by uconnbball on 1/18/2013 10:06:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I'm dating someone right now, but I am head over heels for my ex, and he likes me too. My crush is cuter than my bf, sweeter, and wants to hold hands. Should I dump my bf for him? I don't want to hurt him (and his sis rides my bus, she might be mean about it) but I reallllly like my crush. What should I do? This is a sticky situation!

Hey! I think it sounds like you want to dump your boyfriend, so you should. breaking up with someone isn't mean, it's honest. You're taking up time he could be spending looking for someone who really likes him by pretending you're more into him than you are. Do both of you a favor and just break the news gently. you can do it!

Helen S.

by peacelove13 on 1/17/2013 5:29:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ever since the beginning of school, I've liked this guy. Problem was, one of my BFFs was dating him. Now they broke up, and are just friends. He's in 3 of my classes, which is amazing! But I've started to like him more and more! We were lab partners in science, and talk sometimes in other classes. I always see him in the hallway, but am always to nervous to do anything but walk by!! I feel like he knows I like him, because I sometimes text him (got his # from my friend), and try to talk to him-- BUT IM TOO SHY! So, how do I know if he likes me back? He jokes around a lot and laughs with me sometimes, and texts me sometimes (only once texted me first)... I really want to ask him out, but I'm too shy and nervous like always :/ Do you think he likes me? or will ever ask me out? Thank you!!! Smile

Hey girlie, you might want to make the first move. Even if he does like you, he might be nervous about it since he used to date your friend. Just keep talking to him more. Texting is easy because you're not face to face so you can be a little braver that way.

Lauren T.

by animalgirl9 on 1/16/2013 8:01:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girl, just talk to her. Have a heart to heart and be completely honest with how you feel. That's really all you can do to get your points across to her so she'll understand where you're coming from.

lauren r.

by gleek18 on 1/13/2013 11:10:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Ok, so, i finally got a cell phone like around christmas, but when we went back to school (Tuesday), my science teacher confiscated my phone! I finally got my phone back on friday, but then my mom grounded me. So basically, I never get to text anybody and I really want to ask out my crush but I can't because he's not on FB or Twitter or anything. What do I do? Even when I get it back, I still need an idea of what we should actually do. Last time, I said we should go get doughnuts (there's a doughnut store within walking distance from my house) but he friendzoned me and once we got out the shop, we went and hung out with our friend Arielle. I need him to realize that its a date and I have no idea how. Sorry for the extra long post :/

Hey girl, maybe go to a movie or out for a bite to eat? Whatever gives you the most one on one time together! I think you could write a letter and put it in his locker? Or just ask him if he wants to hang out in person!

lauren r.

by emroxlol on 1/13/2013 4:55:40 AM

mod mod mod

Hey girl, well you should want to go to the dentist. I'm sure you're teeth will be fine. Just make sure that everyday you are brushing 3 times a day, flossing, and using mouth wash. Stay away from sodas, they are terrible for your teeth and bones. But you'll be fine, don't worry about it!
lauren r.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:17:08 AM

mod mod mod

Hey girl, no not necessarily. If you feel as if you should forgive them, you should! It just shows you're a better, bigger person.
lauren r.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:14:48 AM

Hey girl,

If you are homeschooled maybe you could get to know some other people your age who live in your neighborhood or town. You could join a sports team at your local community center or try to spend time with people from your youth group. Some towns also have homeschooling groups of families where you can meet other kids and even go on field trips together. Ask your parents what is available in your area!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:03:31 AM

mod mod mod what can help achyness?

Hey girl,

Maybe you could stretch the muscles that are hurting or use an ice pack. I would talk to a doctor or your parents if the pain is persistent though!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:02:14 AM

mod mod mod
everything i say here is confidential right?

Hey girlie,

The comments that are hidden are completely confidential and no one else will see them, but the ones you don't ask to be hidden or comments that aren't questions are visible to others who visit GirlsLife.com.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:01:07 AM

Hey girl,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc. Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:00:13 AM

Hey girl,

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:58:09 AM

Hey girlie,

I so wish I could offer some great advice. Unfortunately since I’m not an expert on the matter, I don’t want to point you in the wrong direction. Try having a chat with the good old ‘rents. I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to help you get things squared away.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:56:37 AM

Hey girlie,

I know it is difficult to talk to your family and may be awkward, but you will feel so much more relieved if you do. They will know how to help you and even if they are upset at first they will be happy you told them and were able to trust them. They love you and want the best for you and will want to help you!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:55:07 AM

Hey girlie,

Your questions are submitted to the server, but if there are a lot of MOD questions to answer it can take a little longer for them to be posted. We are working to answer your questions as fast as we can! Thanks for visiting GirlsLife.com!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:53:28 AM

Hey girlie,

You can talk to your doctor about what their patient confidentiality rules are, or else you could talk to your parents and they could help you get an appointment. Talking to your parents will really help and they will be able to answer your questions better than I can!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:51:06 AM

mod mod thank you

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:43:41 AM

Hey girl,

It depends on the situation, because you could have something that doesn't have outward symptoms. I would talk to your doctor or school nurse about getting tested to be safe.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:42:43 AM

mod mod mod whats your job like?

Hey girlie,

For more information on what modding and interning at GL are like, check out this post! http://www.girlslife.com/page/Intern-at-Girls-Life.aspx

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:40:27 AM

mod mod mod whats a good store to get a cake from?

Hey girl,

I would go to the bakery section of your local grocery store, or you could buy a cake mix and make one yourself!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:38:43 AM

mod mod mod I disagree with some of my families beliefs..is that disrespectful?

Hey girlie,

I don't think that is disrespectful, everyone is allowed to believe what they want. While you don't have to agree with your parents, you should still respect their opinions, because they have a right to their beliefs, too, even if they're not the same as yours. Maybe your questions could start a meaningful conversation that could help you understand your parents' beliefs better!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:37:16 AM

Hey girl,

Check out this post for an answer to your question. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/09/16/intercourse-to-get-an-STD.aspx

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:35:18 AM

, Your Blog Patrol Babes

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:33:53 AM

mod mod mod I don't go to school and are in charge of my own education. suggestions of things to read online and such?

Hey girl,

Check out our Book Club channel for ideas of books we love to read. You could also ask your friends at school what they're reading for their classes and check those books out from the library to read. http://www.girlslife.com/category/book-club.aspx

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:30:51 AM

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 12:29:43 AM

mod mod mod how do i look more tan?

Hey girlie,

Even a small tan from the sun or a tanning bed can hurt your skin and even cause cancer, so stick with self tanning products instead. Check out these posts for some of our favorite products and tips! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/17/How-to-Use-self-tanner-without-turning-orange.aspx?cp=all http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/07/31/Our-3-fave-self-tanners-plus-make-your-tan-look-even-more-amazing.aspx?cp=all

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/12/2013 11:02:09 PM

mod mod mod I'm thinking of getting a new piercing soon, I've had a few, they seem to get infected any tips for them not to?

Hey girlie,

If you clean the piercing with hydrogen peroxide it will help ward off infection, and I would ask the person who does the piercing for any other cleaning tips. Check out these posts for more details on what to expect from piercings and how to avoid infection! http://www.girlslife.com/print/2012/09/05/Fact-or-fiction-Getting-your-ears-pierced-really-hurts.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/08/Are-nose-piercings-bad-for-your-health.aspx?cp=all

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/12/2013 11:01:04 PM

mod mod mod is about 800 calories a day too much when trying to get skinny?

Hey girl,

I think the average calorie intake for people is 2000, but yours could be higher or lower because everyone is different, so I would talk to your doctor or a nutritionist about an eating plan that's right for you. I would focus more on eating healthy foods, like fruits and veggies, and exercising regularly than on how many calories you're taking in, though!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/12/2013 11:00:04 PM

mod mod mod about how many hours of schoolwork do public high school students do a week?

Hey girlie,

I think it really depends on the school and what classes you are taking, because it's different for everyone! I would talk to your school's guidance counselor/adviser about the high schools in your area and the courses they offer and what the courseloads might be like there.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/12/2013 10:59:08 PM

mod mod mod whats your favorite lipstick?

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/12/2013 10:58:15 PM

mod mod mod would you private a comment if i ask for you to?

Hey girly,

Yes, we can hide your comments and only show the mod replies if you would prefer!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/12/2013 10:57:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, there's this guy I really like. My best friend is his best girl friend, and she told me that the ways to get him to like me are to play hard to get, not talk to him, and talk to all his friends except him. But there are three problems with that-I can't exactly be hard to get if he doesn't want to get me in the first place, I enjoy talking to him, and his friends are annoying and mean to me. (He's the only one out of that group that's nice.) But I'm also confused because me and my best friend (same one) were talking on the bus and she just randomly said "Hey! What do you like in a girl?" And he said nice, pretty, and fun, non-obnoxious. And I've been told all three. And the things that she told me to do seem like anti-flirting mechanisms. But she said that he's just "that kind of guy". What do you think I should do?

Hey girlie,

I don't think you need to not talk to him--if you don't get to know him as friends, he won't see how awesome you are! And getting to know him as friends is a great way to find out more about him and his interests, so if you enjoy talking to him, I don't think you should stop talking to him just because you like him. Are you sure your friend doesn't like him too? She might be a little jealous and not want you to get between them. I would ask her if it's okay if you talk to him since it's not worth ruining your friendship if you're not sure he likes you back, and I would also tell your friend that no matter what happens you want to be friends with her and will respect her friendship with him, too!

by soccacheer on 1/12/2013 10:45:48 PM

I am so happy from one of my bff, she finally asked this guy she has been talking about for months to join a group of us at the movies and then to ice cream afterwards. I dont know the details but she took some of my advice that I learned on GL, now we all be getting together next week. Best thing is a cutie. So I am so happy for her.

by fashionqn on 1/12/2013 10:27:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So, there's a guy that I like. We were in a play together that just ended tonight and we chatted a lot during the whole thing. I was sick tonight and when I came to the theater he seemed really relieved and happy that I was there! This morning he texted me asking for a ride to our cast brunch when he could have asked anyone else in the cast, he chose me! We texted for like an hour about the play and school and he kept using smiley emoticons Smile I'm also going to another school next year and he sent me like 100 sad faces Frown saying he would miss me and that I should stay. Is this flirting? I really really like him, he doesn't have a gf and I don't think he likes anyone else. I would love to go out with him!!! How should I ask him out? Does it seem like he likes me? What is a good idea for a first date for 14 year olds? We also have a lot of mutual friends so group dating could be a possibility...
Thanks so much!!'

Hey girl,

It sounds like he is at least flirting with you, but I wouldn't read too much into it, because he might have just needed a ride and been sad you were leaving because he liked spending time with you as friends. If your parents are ok with you dating and you want to ask him out, maybe you could go to a movie or go bowling or skating, which would also be great if you try for a group date. A group date would also be less awkward because your friends would be there, too! I can't tell you whether or not you should ask him out--you could keep getting to know him as friends to see if he likes you, or you could just tell him you like him and see what happens. The good thing is that if he wants to be just friends, you won't have to see him every day at school next year. Good luck with your decision girlie!

by kwr3000 on 1/12/2013 9:56:16 PM

mod mod mod
thanks for the advice Meghan D.!!! i will try hanging out as friends and see how it goes! but the thing is, we were friends before we started texting a lot and i know that he is anything but shy. also, over text he would always tell me that I am beautiful and say how much he likes me and asked me to hang out with him after break all the time... now he doesnt talk to me at school but still texts me!! what does this mean??
thanks for all of your help!! you guys are awesome!

Hey! maybe he doesn't know how to talk to you in person but feels more confident about writing what he wants to say in a text. Say hey to him and start up a conversation the next time you see him at school, see where it goes. good luck!

Helen S.

by ponygirl6298 on 1/12/2013 3:44:13 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD PLEASE HELP!!!!
Okay, so, the guy I like is a senior in high school and I'm a freshman... My sister is friends with him and he knows I like him and she told him how I wanted to go to Prom with him and he said that might take me because he wants me to move on to someone my own age after he goes to college in a different state... He doesn't know that I know he told my sister that and now when we hang out he talks to me less and he just seems like a different person! We're in the play Grease together and we're playing Roger and Jan which are a couple and even though we only had three practices, he hasn't said anything about it...the first two were better but then after he told my sister that he's been really weird! Please tell me what to do! Sorry this is such a long message too! I hope you have some good advice !

Hey! since things seem tense, the best thing you can do is talk to him about your feelings. it's scary, but it's one of those things you'll dread doing but be glad after it happens. good luck!

Helen S.

by BrianaHope on 1/12/2013 3:07:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so my crush and I were talking about this camp that student council is going to. And I said,"I think we get to go horseback riding. But I don't like horses because they scare me." And he said,"Well, you scare me." He didn't mean it in a mean way, he was just joking. But what's that suppose to mean? I don't literally scare him... Or do I? Please help!

hey! he was flirting with you, and letting you know that he feels a little nervous around you. It' pretty cute if you ask me Smile

Helen S.

by megagirrl on 1/12/2013 2:52:44 PM

Mod help I need a nonchalant way to ask my crush for his number and maybe ask if he wants to meet up in-between now and our next play together. Any tips and almost did it yesterday but I chickened out now I only have tonight and the cast party to ask otherwise I have to wait til next year for our next play.

Hey girl, just ask if he has any plans for that day that you want to hang out! If not, say you're doing something and you'd love for him to join. Just seem more friendly than asking out on a date.

lauren r.

by boy crazy<3 on 1/12/2013 10:30:36 AM

Mod mod mod! Hey! So over the Christmas holidays, I went to an audition for Disney! It was just a one week thing, but I made it through! I met a lot of great people, including my new BFF, and a guy.. He's really awesome, and I really like him, but, he lives in Honolulu, and I'm in Houston! We're both close on facebook and stuff, and we both got through auditions and were goin to LA in may.. I wanna tell him that I like him, but I don't know what he'll say, cause we're so far off! What should I do?

Hey girl, that's so cool! I think you should just tell him! There's no harm!

lauren r.

by Eilz001 on 1/12/2013 3:04:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD PLZZZZZ!
my bgf asked out my friend to the winter dance coming up. She said yes and likes him. But then she started being mean to him hurting him and verbally abusing him. My bgf didn't wanna go with her anymore. He then asked me. I said no because hes with my friend but he said he would fix it with my friend and tell her its over. \So i then said I would. Is it wrong to go with him to the dance now? I sorta like him now hes really sweet

Hey girlie,

I don't think it's wrong if they're not together, but I would definitely try to patch things up with your friend because she's probably hurt! Tell her you don't want to let a guy come between you and that you want to remain friends no matter what. Have fun at the dance!

by clll4321 on 1/11/2013 11:57:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
My dad really knows a lot about different countries since he used to be in the marine corps, but he always, always, always tries to teach us about something from a foreign country.Not only that but he also always reminding me of the same thing- like how i should be eating an apple instead of a donut!What can i do to ask him nicely to stop?

Hey girlie,

I know it's frustrating, but your dad's only saying that stuff because he loves you and cares about you, so try to be nice even when he says the same thing you've already heard! You'll thank him later when his advice comes in handy Smile

by pinterest on 1/11/2013 11:44:08 PM

mod mod mod
ok so over break i texted this guy a lot and he asked if i wanted to hang out with him sometime and said that he liked me and was totally flirting and stuff. but once school started he has barley looked at me!!!! what does this mean and how do i talk to him without being awkward????
thanks!!!

Hey girlie,

He might just be shy, or he might not be ready for a relationship! Maybe you could try hanging out with him as friends and see how he acts around you then.

by ponygirl6298 on 1/11/2013 11:05:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
About 2 years ago i really liked this guy in my band class. He always had a girlfriend so i moved on. Recently, he's been acting different around me and flirting a little. How do i know if he's really into me or just kidding around?

Hey girl,

He might have gotten more mature, or he might just be being flirty. You could try getting to know him as friends to see if he's changed and to get a better sense of whether or not he likes you, and then go from there! Smile

by september25 on 1/11/2013 9:48:41 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!
Okay so I like this dude (let's call him C) and me and C have been really good friends for a while now. I know who he likes and he knows who I like. But I don't like that dude anymore and I like C now!!! I'm not sure how I can hint it that I like him and not the other dude. But a lot of my other friends like him to so I'm worried if they would get upset or something. Help me I really like C! Smile

Hey girlie,

If your friends like him, I would talk to them before you make a move. You don't want to hurt their feelings and risk losing their friendship, especially if you're not sure if he likes you! If they're okay with it, you could drop hints to him that you like him or ask him to dance with you at your next school dance Smile

by justkeeploving_jen on 1/11/2013 9:35:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD help my long-distance friend and I haven't seen each other in a long time. I didn't invite her to my bday because I knew she would feel left out with my other friends from school. She found out and was hurt. My family wants me to invite her over because they like her, but I'm afraid she'll say no because she's still mad at me, even though it seems she is trying to move on from my bday.

Hey PuppyCT, just ask and see what happens. Also explain to her why you didn't invite her so she knows. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by PuppyCT on 1/11/2013 8:47:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I have a crush on this guy. I don't have a class with him anymore but I see him in the hallways at school going from one class. My friend usually walks behind him or near him so we can walk near him. I've been wanting to talk to him single time but I never get enough courage to. I really want to talk to him on Monday when I see him in the halls. What can I do so that I don't duck out at the last moment? I really want to do this! Please help

Hey HockeyLuver, you just gotta make yourself do it. Tell yourself you have nothing to loose and go for it. You can do it!! Smile Xoxo

by HockeyLuver on 1/11/2013 8:41:44 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! Please answer! I've been asking this for weeks and no one answered!!
Hi, so I won something in the first week of December, when will it come, and when can I win again?

Hey WinnieGirlie, you should've gotten that a long time ago. Email brittany@girslife.com and let her know. Sorry about that! Xoxo

by WinnieGirlie on 1/11/2013 8:34:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just started dating this boy, and I want us to be close and be able to talk to each other easily, because I broke up with my last boyfriend since we didn't talk much, and only said hi and bye. The guy I'm dating is in a different homeroom than me and we don't have any classes except gym on Wednesday. And it's a bit awkward between me and him. Any advice for me and him to be able to be closer? Thanks!! Smile

Hey cloudyday, get his phone number so you two can start talking outside of school. Try to hang out and go places too. You both could try getting to school early to see each other and staying later in the day to hang out. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by cloudyday on 1/11/2013 8:33:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
this guy (X) and I have been talking on facebook during winter break and our conversations have been really great and fun (he started the conversation when he messaged me that he liked my shirt on the last day before break--it was of my fave band, and his too) and we pretty much talked like every day. then school started and we messaged for like two days and then he just didn't reply (but I also sort of killed the conversation, like he didn't really have to reply, but he could have pretty easily came up with a reply).and he never talks to me in school.we have two classes together and lunch. and, a while ago before break, my friend has a class with one of his good friends and his friend told my friend that X liked me. but X never talked to me until he messaged me. and now he doesn't even talk to me at all.but it's also really hard for me to smile or say hi. i don't know if I even like him more than afriend I just hate that he doesn't talk to me anymore.what should I do?

Hey emmababe7, try waving at him the next time you see him and see if he does the same. Then take it slowly from there. The next say actually say hi and wave and then when you're ready start a convo. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by emmababe77 on 1/11/2013 6:57:54 PM

Hey girls, if you need advice about your guy problems feel free to stop by my club (legit boy advice) me and my team enjoy answering your problems!Smile

by Chloe<3 on 1/11/2013 5:38:14 PM

My crush is really flirty with me at karate, (you saw my last comment) and I just messaged him on fb. I said "hey". He saw it. I know he's on because he commented on this photo or whatever like a minute ago. HE NEVER RESPONDS! Ughh I hate it. I don't have his number, and the only way I can communicate with him is on fb and twice a week at karate. What can I tell him? Should I say "why don't you ever respond to anything I say?" in person or on fb? Thanks again Laughing\\

Hey isabellec, yeah I think you should ask him why he doesn't respond in person at karate. Do it playfully and see what he says. I think that's a cute way to break the ice. Let me know what happens! Xoxo

by isabellec on 1/11/2013 5:32:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! Okay so I just got a boyfriend and I'm really not sure how to tell my mom. And also my friends church group is going ice skating and I want to take him, but I don't if my mom will let me or how to ask him. Help and thank you!!Smile

Hey youbelongwithme13, sit your mom down when she's free and let her know. Tell her you have one and give her all his info. Once you're done telling her, ask if he can go ice skating with you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by youbelongwithme13 on 1/11/2013 5:29:04 PM

MOD MOD Smile
My crush and I text 24/7.... but he never talks to me at school/in person! At school it seems like he avoids me. I dont know what to do... he has asked me out (but I said no) and I have danced with him at the dance, but he never talks to me in person. It really bothers me.. any suggestions or ideas what to do or why he does this?
THANKSS Smile

Hey basketballlover5, maybe he's nervous because you rejected him to his face. Go up to him at school and start the convo. If he sees that you're cool with talking in person, he'll become more comfortable with the idea too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by basketballover5 on 1/11/2013 5:02:32 PM

mod mod mod!!!!! i like this guy that's in a couple of my classes. we both play an instrument and are artists and are in honors classes, so we have a lot in common. we talk, which i know is the first step, but i don't know how to casually start a conversation to the point where we're talking about more than just school. more on a personal level, really. i'm pretty sure he doesn't have a phone, so that's not gonna help. i just need for us to become closer friends; right now we're on the border of acquaintances and friends. help?!!?

Hey karategirl78, mhmm on Monday ask him how his weekend was. Describe to him what you did this weekend and take it from there. Bringing up something more personal like this, will get him comfortable about talking things other than school. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by karategirl78 on 1/11/2013 4:56:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Today, My Bgf asked out this girl. I'm fine with him and her dating but I also feel uncomfortable with it. His girlfriend doesn't have a phone but she told him she got it taken away. Second, she go's out with lots of guys and I don't want him to get hurt. He's like my brother and I care for him. I was also a little angry because I sensed something between them but this is the first thing I never knew about from him. Of course he's going to still go out with her and I'm fine with that but I just don't want him to get hurt. What should I do?

Maybe you could talk to him and tell him how you feel but you also have to let him make his own decisions. He will find out sooner or later if she is not a good fit for him.
mailyse f.

by zebranista<3 on 1/11/2013 4:32:07 PM

So I told my crush I liked him over fb, and he supposedly "saw" it. He didn't respond. On Tuesday, I went to walk inside the door, and he was there. He playfully held the door so I couldn't get in, and he started laughing and smiling. I said "ughhhh c'mon open the door" and I started laughing. He opened up the door and I sarcastically said "thank you" and he played with a strand of hair on the top of my head lol. Does it seem like he likes me? He's done stuff like this in the past also. How can I get him to be my bf by valentine's day? I sort of know him, not too well though. I was thinking of talking to him on fb (because I don't see him until next Tuesday) and asking him questions like "what's your favorite song?". Just to get to know him better. Should I do that? Thanks Laughing

It sounds to me like he's flirting with you, but you could be getting the wrong signals! Boys are sometimes hard to read! I would maybe ask for his number...he may have not saw his facebook message!
mailyse f.