1 HOURS AGO #PhotoMathApp —homework helper, or cheating device? http://t.co/pUKISaXdYG

2 HOURS AGO 10 last minute costumes straight from your closet: http://t.co/PUCimvKw1G

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 block the cold with tough @UrbanOGcom ankle booties: http://t.co/Q1Z32YfVEN

COMMENTS

Save your spirals! The curly girls guide to perfect hair--part 2

Got curls? No need to agonize over how to get your spirals perfectly springy or be totally envious of girls with stick-straight strands. With our fab hair...

To Himasri,
Yes, their is another way to get gorge curls without drying em' out.Try a serum that is supposed to make your hair curly.Try AVEDA's line of curling cream's.Hope this helps,
xoxo

by pinterest on 2/21/2013 7:55:21 PM

Is there any way to straighten hair without using heat? My hair gets ruined every time I straighten it.

by Himasri on 2/10/2013 5:45:36 PM

Dear MOD,
I have long(a couple inches past my shoulder blades, I think) and I feel like my hair is unhealthy... I have taken many quizzes to see if my hair is healthy and they all say YES! I don't use heat, brushes (I use a wide tooth comb), or color on my hair, but it seems unhealthy. I get it trimmed regularly, too. Why would I think my hair is unhealthy when it is not? All my friends who care about hair love it! Thank you! You response is appreciated!
Sincerely,
Healthy hair?

Hey girlie,

Why do you think your hair is unhealthy? If you have a flaky scalp or frizz, you can easily fix those with special shampoos. If you wash your hair daily, it can also be bad for your hair so if you have to wash in between shampoos, try dry shampoo. Other than that it sounds like you are taking care of your hair!

Meghan D.

by MadisonRL on 2/4/2013 6:42:21 PM

MOD
hey is there a reason why my hair isn't the same all over my head? like right by my face its really curly, and then on the bottom its kinda wavy, but on the top its stick straight. Its kind of impossible to manage, and I don't want to straighten it every day, so its just always in a pony. Any ideas on why its lke hits/ cute hair ideas for my hair? ps---its down to like my lower back)

Hey actress12345, mhmm maybe it's due to the way you sleep. Do you sleep on your sides or back? Try washing with a straightening shampoo and see if that helps. Hit up the hair aisle in CVS, Rite-Aid,

Wal-Mart, or Target and check out some brands. Hope that works for ya! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by actress12345 on 1/18/2013 5:20:13 PM

Mod MOD MOD!!!
So I have curly/wavy (S curls) hair, and it's about two inches past my shoulders (when dry)! Also my hair is like really thick (those little elastics can hold my hair in a loose ponytail without twisting it around..)! And I am contemplating on growing it out or cutting it a bit shorter (little bit past shoulders). It's kind of triangly..like I have face framing and the back is all one length (layers would just make it more voluminess). Do you have any ideas on hair cuts?
Also do you have any styling tips--I use product but I mean like more than headbands and side braids (I can't do any other kind of braid...), pony tails and buns? Half up makes my hair look even triangularer! Any tips?
Also I have a dance coming up (highschool), any ideas on how I should get my hair done?

Hey girlie,

I would go to a hair salon and ask them what cut and dance hairstyle would be best for your face since they will be able to see your hair and face shape in person. As for hair styles, check out our hair styles channel for tons of hair tips! http://www.girlslife.com/category/hair-styles.aspx

Meghan D.

by LLL328 on 1/14/2013 6:56:52 PM

i have very very straight hair. i don't have much left (i'm not bald or have bald spots or anything) because last year i got a medicine similar to chemotherapy but not via intravenous line so my hair is super super fine. i refuse to put my hair up, i just don't like it. i have side swept bangs. i would like to see some tips for girls with straight hair. could you give me some please?? (or suggest that an article be written about it?)thanks !

Hey girlie, try using a bobby pin or cute clip to pin some of your hair back to the side. Headbands are also a great way to accessorize and do something different to your hair without putting it up.

Lauren T.

by alindgren on 1/13/2013 8:13:26 PM

How do I get to know a guy better? I don't have any classes with him, and I don't know much about him. He's been saying hi to me lately though in the halls and I just want to get to know him better! I'm a freshman! There's a dance (girls ask guys) coming up in less than a month, so possibly I could ask him if I get to know him better! We also do not have lunch together. But I do have lunch with another guy I kind of like...Any tips?

Hey girlie, keep saying hi to him in the hallway. Smile and wave. If you give him clues that you're interested, hopefully he'll start finding ways to talk to you.

Lauren T.

by LLL328 on 1/13/2013 7:44:57 PM

Mod mod mod
What are some easy hair styles for a school day? My hair is mid-length and brown. Thanks!

Hey girlie, you can pull your hair back into a low ponytail or bun. You can use a headband. You can use a cute clip to pull back some of your hair in a half ponytail type style. You could also braid it. There are lots of fun and easy things you can do with your hair.

Lauren T.

by yolo3737 on 1/13/2013 6:25:43 PM

MODMODMOD!!!
My teacher is making me completely stressed out. She gives my class like 6 huge assignments in one day and expects us to be able to finish them for the next day. It's even worse on weekends. Because of this, I have no free time, no time to study for tests, and my band teacher told me that if I don't find any time to practice my instrument my average is going to be lowered to a 53%. I've tried talking to her, but she told me that I'm not working hard enough and that she gives my class way too much time. I'm totally exhausted from all this homework. What should I do????

Hey girl, I think you should talk to your parents and your teacher who is giving you too much homework. Maybe that teacher can give you extra help. Or if she's not responsive to you, maybe you can have your parents meet with your teacher. Don't worry girl, you'll figure it all out. Life is about finding balance. You'll get it. Smile

lauren r.

by gingerpuff on 1/13/2013 11:01:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I wasn't able to go to a mutual friends slumber party for her birthday. Me and my "bestie" have been in this awkward stage where were not really talking or hanging out. When I woke up and looked at my oovoo is said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTIE!" I don't mind that she has other besties, but she is constantly busting on this girl or talking bout her. Im afraid she could be doing this about me. Also, she says that I always hang out with a certain friend I don't get it because when I hang with her and her group she ignores me but when I don't she has a fit. Help whats going on?

Hey girl, I would suggest talking to her about it. Ask her what's going on just making sure everything is okay between you two.

lauren r.