1 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

4 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

5 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

COMMENTS

Save your spirals! The curly girls guide to perfect hair--part 2

Got curls? No need to agonize over how to get your spirals perfectly springy or be totally envious of girls with stick-straight strands. With our fab hair...

MOD. MOD. MOD. MOD.
Okay so slight problem. I have this guy friend and we are super close. Today he told me that he had some news but my girlfriend would have to tell me. She told me and it turns out the he got a girl pregnant recently. I feel heart broken because I used to have feelings for him and still do less intense and he couldn't tell me himself. I have so many questions. Like why didn't he tell me himself? And what should I say to him because as of recently I have become very emotional about this and refuse to talk to him. Can you please touch all the bases and tell me what to do because I'm at a loss.

Hey girl,

I can only imagine what your friend must be going through and your hurt at finding out secondhand. If he doesn't know you had feelings for him and you never dated him, though, he might not realize that having her tell you hurt your feelings. He's probably just going through a lot right now and thought it would be easier for you to hear from a girl. Even though it hurt your feelings, your friend is probably really confused right now and could probably use the support of his friends, so try being supportive of him instead of refusing to talk to him. Just be there for him when he needs a friend. And please encourage him to speak with a trusted adult like a parent, guidance counselor, teacher or doctor about what he's going through. You can also refer him to this post on teen pregnancy resources to share with the girl. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/18/Teen-Pregnancy-Resources.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by dunguen1 on 1/13/2013 12:41:57 AM

My hair doesn't curl! It's curly, but it can get straight spots every once in a while, and when it does, they're in the front and really obvious. The big problem is that they won't curl with a curling iron, they straighten even more. Because of this I have to take a shower every morning and wash my hair every morning. How can I get it to curl? (Hair spray doesn't help, trust me I know all the tricks)

Hey girlie,

If taking a shower helps your curls but washing every day is taking its toll on your hair, maybe you could just get your hair wet and then style it, even if you don't shampoo it. You could also try putting a curling product in it to help form its natural curls. Check out this post for more info on curl maintenance: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/10/29/Calling-all-curly-hair-cuties-Curl-care-101.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by wickedisme on 1/13/2013 12:20:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!!
Wear can i get nike socks, the long ones that guys wear?

Hey girlie,

I would try a sporting store like Dick's or Omega Sports.

Meghan D.

by nazirah817 on 1/12/2013 9:44:03 PM

Follow me on polyvore @loveshoes817 and i will follow you back <3

by nazirah817 on 1/12/2013 4:16:49 PM

Join It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! ALlof the positions are open excet for vpIf you are an officer you will ahve to post at least 3 times a week even more if possible!!! There will be a Tip of the Day and an Outfit of the Day,well everyday!!!! If you want to be an officer just go to my profile or the club page and the application is right there!!! Can't wait to see you on It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!!

by nazirah817 on 1/12/2013 4:03:14 PM

Join Style Spy, it is a great club with great advice!!!!

by nazirah817 on 1/12/2013 4:00:41 PM

ModModMod
So I have super curly hair and it's really frizzy. My mom doesn't let me use any leave-in conditioners or anti-frizz products because she says that they're bad for your hair. It annoys me that because of that, I can't wear my hair down and always have to wear it up in a ponytail. How can I convince my mom to let me use leave-in conditioners or anti-frizz products?

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by arcusashue on 1/12/2013 3:10:19 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I don't want to have any sad songs on my iPod, what are some really upbeat songs? I like Va Va Voom, Beauty and a Beat, etc. You know song like that?

You should listen to Queen songs like "don't stop me now" also Mika has a lot of good upbeat songs like "love today" good luck!

Helen S.