9 HOURS AGO Oh no! Some of our fav couples split this week! Find out who: http://t.co/9VE5tNEShu

13 HOURS AGO August week 4 giveaways! Do you see your name? http://t.co/SudLdgIsd5

14 HOURS AGO What you really should know about braces: http://t.co/GgkBW8UVK1

COMMENTS

10 things to do when you're home sick

Sick? Ick! Germs, germs, everywhere. Whether you've got the flu or some other nasty bug, we know you'd much rather be out-and-about than stuck at home. And...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
(First off thanks for this article it helps a lot) and I'm sick too. I've got the stomach flu. This morning I felt really really nauseous like I was gonna throw up but I didn't. Then I slept for like 3 hours and I woke up because I felt like puking. I ended up puking all over the rug in the bathroom (I couldn't make it to the toilet) and now I just feel really bad because I ruined a really expensive rug. So I need to know how to tell my mom what happened and how I can distract myself from doing it again because I don't feel very good

Hey girlie, hang out in your bathroom so if you feel sick the toilet is right there. Keep your phone or computer or a book with you to entertain you. Your mom will understand that it's not your fault so just tell her and there's a chance that it might come clean.

Lauren T.

by swifty#1 on 3/25/2013 8:29:53 PM

Sick: Check
Camp:Check
Book: Check
Drink/food: Check
Technology :Check
Shower: Check
Music: Check
Best Mag ever: Subscription expired Frown

by miley13t on 1/25/2013 3:38:39 PM

I have a cold, and some of this really helped! Thanks!

by the_girl_in_goal on 1/21/2013 9:18:34 AM

The flu is going around but I was fine... until i happened to read this article. I read this and then about 2 hours ltr my throat felt scratchy lol. I have a slight stuffy nose... no flu get though (knock on wood) Smile

by hmeyer on 1/17/2013 9:53:24 PM

Pretty good article! The only thing that I noticed was that instead of water, it said you could drink light colored soda or gatorade. Gatorade is fine, but soda is just filled with sugar and chemicals, which won't help you get better at all.

by horselover0609 on 1/17/2013 5:47:19 PM

im home sick and i would say the best thing is keeping comfy and covered up because ITS COLD!

by cutiekj on 1/17/2013 12:36:45 PM

i'm cracking up laughing because i'm actually home sick today

by myfatsquirrel on 1/17/2013 11:58:42 AM

MOD?
I posted this yesterday:
MOD?
I have a social studies project and I need to make it creative. I'm not asking to cheat, but I need some ideas... Help?
Thanks!
And this is the answer I got:
Hey girlie, without knowing what your project is, I'm not sure how to help you. You can be creative with your presentation of it to add some extra detail and make your project stand out.
My project is about the branches of government. Do you have any layout ideas for how to set it up? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Hmm what kind of presentation is it? Oral? Written? If you need a cool way to set up the three branches you could present them on the branches of a tree maybe?? It's hard to say when I'm not sure what your project entails. Xoxo

Alexis G.

by jrprodigy12 on 1/17/2013 7:48:40 AM

I'm definitely going to abide by this guide the next time that I get sick!

by purplerainn on 1/16/2013 7:48:10 PM

I keep myself from getting sick by using hand sanitizer (bath and body works makes yummy scented ones) in between every class and I wash my hands at recess, lunch, when I get home and before I go to bed! I may sound strange but I don't get sick much so yay!

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/16/2013 7:46:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD is it bad for you if you wash your hair TOO often? I wash my hair every night but it ends up oily and I get dandruff. How much should I wash my hair?

Hey girlie, most experts recommend every day or every other day. Use a dandruff shampoo like head and shoulders to help prevent dandruff. They also make formulas especially for oily hair that might help you too.

Lauren T.

by PuppyCT on 1/16/2013 7:41:02 PM

MOD?
Thanks!
XOXO

Lauren T.

by jrprodigy12 on 1/16/2013 6:57:51 PM

I've got a cold and really want to do these, but its not bad enough to stay home from school Tong

by April0405 on 1/16/2013 6:39:09 PM

this came a day late! i stayed home sick yesterday

by paigebunny on 1/16/2013 6:37:22 PM

I hate being home sick because all my friends are at school and I am at home. It makes me feel that I am missing out on so much!! Tong

by BabyDahl13 on 1/16/2013 5:45:06 PM

Lol I'm sick! It's like you read my mind!

by aki2000 on 1/16/2013 5:28:39 PM

MODMODMOD
I hate my school with a burning passion for so many reasons, all I want is a transfer.
I found my "dream school" ,which is far away from all my problems, and has everything I want and need.
But, of course it has to come with problems.
One: My Mom is extremely reluctant to let me transfer, even to the other middle school in my tiny and stupid town.
Second: The school's in London. I see where that could be seen as rather unrealistic, but I have had REALLY good test scores, and my current school underuses my talents.
PLEASE HELP! THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER!

hey  chica! I totally understand that you feel your school is not the best fit for you. Schools can be structured very differently than one antother, but...London?! That could be a stretch. See if there's anywhere you could go that wouldn't be a 10 hour plane ride away, as well as probably being very expensive. Look in your state to find a better match for you, then put together a presentation on why you should go there. If you're still stuck on London, try the presentation idea for that school. Just realize that it may be a bit out of reach. Good luck!!!

xoxo

Katie L.

by WhiteStripe3 on 1/16/2013 4:46:35 PM

i'm home sick today, and this article was helpful! Thanks GL!

by caitlingirl1997 on 1/16/2013 3:37:20 PM

Ugh I'm sick home today! This article was exactly what I needed!!!

by xXILikeItLikeThatXx on 1/16/2013 3:16:49 PM