AN HOUR AGO #BookClub: Learn to see life in a new way with this incredible new read. More about #BLIND here: http://t.co/qpfkWViM2j

2 HOURS AGO Match your pen to your polish—it's a thing! http://t.co/ue77g0abM8 #GLbeauty

3 HOURS AGO #Peytonators: Chat w/ @PeytonList + score a signed copy this Thurs! Deets here: http://t.co/B9NCcK5yTT http://t.co/eYtj8YkZfk #GLpeyton

COMMENTS

Should you go for a guy your age or older?

Two boys asked me out, and I don’t know which one to go out with. One is 13 (like me), and he is nice and cares...

Okay none of you guys have seen Harold and Maude, have you? Because I remember a lot more of an age gap in that movie (I'm thinking 18 and 80 years old) and unless I'm mistaken, I remember rooting for their love in the movie. Please open your mind.

by fudgemonkey on 1/21/2013 10:08:59 AM

My aunt had her first boyfriend at 12. He was 17. But because of that her parents sent her to boarding school. They still secretly dated by telling the staff he was her cousin coming to visit until she was 18 and graduated. Then they got married and had five kids and were happy together until the day he died.

by zumba on 1/19/2013 4:56:13 PM

Mod
I think this kid I'm in 8th grade and he is in 10th grade. I texted him on Sunday and we talked a little bit, the next day I texted him again and we talked for two hours. I skipped Tuesday to not be desperate then I texted him on Wednesday and he still hasn't texted me back. I don't get it he flirts with me a lot time and now he text me back. Plus on Monday when we said bye he said I gtg ttyl like he wanted to talk to me I don't get it. help me please!!!

hey! honestly, you can't expect too much from text conversations because there is zero commitment/accountablity. Maybe he forgot to text you or maybe he feels cold shouldered from Tuesday, but there is no way for you to know, so you should try not to worry about it. instead, you should say hi the next time you see him at school. The door's open since you've been texting, and once you have a real conversation you'll feel more secure in your friendship. good luck!

Helen S.

by boy crazy<3 on 1/19/2013 1:55:33 PM

by boy crazy<3 on 1/19/2013 1:47:20 PM

13 and 14 ok
13 and 15 ok
13 and 16 ok
13 and 17 maybe ok
13 and 18 prob not ok

He can do things you cant because of his age.
People will probably talk.
His body is way more developed. And thats a good thing but he is probably ready for things you may not be ready for.

by fashionqn on 1/18/2013 10:28:16 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Is it weird for a girl to date someone a few years older thn her? (15 and 18)

Hey sassykinz, I think 18 is a little old for a 15 year old. 18 is basically and adult, and at 15 you're just starting high school. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by sassykinz on 1/18/2013 6:49:28 PM

13 and 18 is a huge difference- not to mention it's illegal. But I do have a thing for juniors... I'm a freshman... but that's only two years...

by unicornninja on 1/18/2013 4:36:57 PM

I believe the main problem with dating someone way older then you like that is the fact that he could be ready for things you aren't, things that will be okay for him before you, like drinking. Also, a boy that is way older then you like that could also be ready to do things you are waaay not ready for, and may end up regretting.

Just some words for though!

by giraffehusky on 1/18/2013 2:16:44 PM

Im 13 and dating a 16 year old and have never been so happy in my life he is the sweetest guy in the world and I'm happy I'm with him Smile

by svangorder on 1/18/2013 12:04:22 PM

Dating someone like a year older then you is fine, bit 13 and 18?! WOW!

by ColosalMascara on 1/17/2013 7:54:17 PM