1 HOURS AGO Yikes! Which secrets AREN'T meant to be kept? http://t.co/1Ylw6tV9gK

2 HOURS AGO 5 ways to rock beanies like a b0$$: http://t.co/ejqfA67qyW

3 HOURS AGO "I'm not into guys...what's wrong with me?!" http://t.co/sG0oX60xAU

COMMENTS

Feeling lonely? Hit up Facebook

Turns out Facebook isn’t all about showing off (and the inevitable FOMO anxiety). A new study suggests that posting a status on Facebook—even if no...

Facebook mostly has more of a negative effect than a positive effect... Unless you use it correctly and try to not use it too much...

by Himasri on 1/31/2013 10:14:20 PM

I recently found out that one of my fairly close friends is bullemic & anorexic. I don't feel the need to try and force her to eat because she is already seeing a nutritionist to try and stop and a therapist. Now she has been admitted to a program at Dominion hospital to try to get over her bullemia and anorexia. I don't know exactly how to support her because I don't want to be unsupportive, yet I don't believe that it is okay for her to keep starving herself. How can I be there for her in a good way? Also, I don't want to get to involved in it because it kind of freaks me out. :o!

Hey Girl. Supporting your friend... is being her friend. Does that make sense? simply talking to her about guys, the new book you're reading, the movie you went to see, and homework can be really therapeutic. If she wants to talk about it, listen, but try not to comment or pass judgements unless she asks for them.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by cmfox99 on 1/24/2013 4:19:41 PM

Fashion, Hair, and more! Oh my!
In a beauty or fashion crisis?! Look no further we're here to help. At this club you can find: Weekly quotes,Outfits of the day,Make-up look of the week,Celeb of the month,Hairstlye of the week,Store of the month,and more!! Join today.
Also, positions are open so I'd love to fill them! Apply here or on my profile thanks <3

by nazirah817 on 1/22/2013 10:54:30 AM

MOD MOD!!!!

Why do some people's comments have names in blue right next to them?

by Stars1888 on 1/22/2013 10:45:51 AM

Can you suggest some excercises which can help get rid of the fat on my cheeks? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Cardio paired with a balance diet will whip you into shape and most likely, get rid of any problem areas.

Alexis G.

by LilyBS123 on 1/22/2013 10:28:44 AM

Mod mod mod what are some interesting assignments I could do for my homeschooling work?

Hey girlie,

I would talk to your parents about setting up your work schedule, or ask your friends at school about what they're learning and plan a lesson from that.

Meghan D.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/21/2013 4:53:54 PM

MOD
thank you so much, lauren r! you made me feel so much better about all of that.

by puddinface7 on 1/20/2013 6:14:46 PM

I'll bet that study is true. That's one of the reasons I wish I had a FB. My parents are totally against social networking sites tho after something that happened to my cousin on FB (long storyy). But anyway sometimes I don't mind because although I don't have one I have witnessed Facebook and Twitter making people MORE stressed because you are expected to check them all the time and there's constantly SO much drama. It's like there's ENOUGH drama going on at school I don't really need to bring all of that and everyone from school home with me. The people I really care about and are friends I text..so it's all good

by maggie183 on 1/20/2013 10:18:50 AM

MODMODMOD

Hey girl, you really need to tell an adult about your friends. You can't let them continue down that path. - Of course you'll be appreciated! You just need to find the right people to be around!
lauren r.

by puddinface7 on 1/20/2013 9:10:57 AM

I like looking at the hot guys on FB. Its kind of nice to get to know some of them and become friends with them. They seem to open up more than guys do in person, plus there is distance because its an online thing.

by fashionqn on 1/20/2013 12:33:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD how can I become closer to more people? I literally only have like 1 best friend and a couple somewhat close friends. My best friend tells me everything, but nobody else does. How can I get people to trust me? I've never done anything to lose trust (like telling secrets) and I give good advice (I think haha)! I'd totally listen to anyone and I just want people to trust me! How do I get closer to them without seeming annoying or something? I have plenty of accquantinces but how do I get closer to them? Also, what do I talk about with people to start a conversation? I never know what to talk about so I feel like that's the reason I'm not close with anyone else! I always have things to tell my best friend but what do I talk about with other people? I don't wanna talk about anything serious like school or like the news or anything, so what is there to talk about with someone I'm no extremely close to? thanks!

hey! just start out by asking them about themselves. People love to talk about themselves (most do anyway) so this is usually a good way to try and get top know people/ start conversations. You don't have to ask about anything super personal at first, just start basic like with interests/ hobbies/ music and go from there. you can do it!

Helen S.

by thatsnotawkward on 1/19/2013 8:43:52 AM

Better! I don't have FB, but I use Instagram and it makes me feel more connected to my friends that I don't see as often. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

by the_girl_in_goal on 1/18/2013 11:07:25 PM

MOD!!!!

Hey girlie,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc.

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by ladyinlike on 1/18/2013 9:00:54 PM

When no one likes me status I always feel dumb, like no one cares or anything. That's why I don't normally post, unless it's to wish someone a happy birthday or to wish all of our sports teams good luck. I prefer Tumblr and Instagram. Tong

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 1/18/2013 8:34:31 PM

Join my club Its all about Fashion adn Beauty. There are 2 positions opena dn the application is on my profile page. We will have a outfit of the day and a tip of the day, everyday!!! I can't wait to see you on my club(:

by nazirah817 on 1/18/2013 5:51:45 PM

Hey, Girlies! Come on and join my club Growing Pains! Here we will talk about puberty, boys. cloths, boys, and just girly things! Hope ya join!

by sfluv on 1/17/2013 10:19:48 PM

My parents won't let me get facebook but i have instagram Smile

by hmeyer on 1/17/2013 9:47:22 PM

hey girls! Come check out my profile! I some super cool clubs, an advice queen page and feel free to ask me anything you like on my profile page! I can help with friends, school, hair, makeup, fashion and tons of fun tips to make your life better! I hope I can help!

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/17/2013 8:59:54 PM

I like facebook because theres a whole page for you to be you and say what you want to say without anyone talking over you.

by WarwickErin on 1/17/2013 8:41:49 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I have two questions. One, I want to shave because my arms and legs are dark-haired and it makes me feel a little shy so I always wear pants and long sleeved shirts. But I never talk to my parents about this stuff, so what should I do?
Two, I have quite a list of stuff like disorders, wrong with me.
OCD (Washing my hands a lot, making them all dry and chapped.
Mild to severe anxiety
Lactose intolerant
And my parents know about this stuff, but I don't receive any help. My school doesn't have a guidance counselor or anyone I can talk to about this stuff any more.
I'm 10, 5"2, and weigh over 150 pounds, my parents won't let me outside.
Also, I take violin, I hate, it's takes time out of my basketball practices and games, homework, and girl scouts.
Can you help me please?

Hey! 1) I promise, your mom understands what your going through, so just ask her about shaving sometime and it'll probably be no big deal and she'll help you buy some shaving stuff Smile 2) http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx check out the link for focus adolescent services, to find local resources near you for counseling and peers. I'm sorry your school doesn't have a counselor, I think it's really important that you find someone you can trust to talk to, even if they aren't a counselor. good luck!

Helen S.

by BriannaM911 on 1/17/2013 7:20:24 PM

I feel better because pleople start talking to me. I am not a talking person or anything like that.

by Kikykoala on 1/17/2013 7:05:55 PM

i don't have a facebook. from people at school, they say it just stirs up drama

by myfatsquirrel on 1/17/2013 6:35:29 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can Girls Life do an article on self harm? Alot of people dont understand and call me emo and think im going to commit suicide and i just want some awareness.. Thankyou! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

hey! we actually do have some, check it out: http://www.girlslife.com/tag/cutting.aspx

Helen S.

by <3qtpiecatherine<3 on 1/17/2013 6:20:14 PM

it's great for people to see the 'other' side of you

by aki2000 on 1/17/2013 5:24:29 PM

I don't have any social media accounts. What can I do about that?

Hey girl! Depends why you don't have them. Is it because your parents won't let you, or that you just haven't gotten around to starting them up? If  your parents won't let you, try discussing why in a calm manner. If they're firm about it, accept their decision gracefully, and they'll be more likely to listen to you next time. If you just haven't started them up yet and want to, sign up of an account on the company's website, and start by posting about anything you want! good luck to ya Smile

Helen S.

by wesdelwarrior on 1/17/2013 5:15:49 PM

It can make you feel good or not so good, but I think most of the time it makes you feel better. I agree that some things we see when it comes to friends, parties, guys and comments can make a feel worse. And my mom just doesnt understand how connected we have to be, she complains a lot but my friends are the same way.

And being connected has its benefits, like its nice to get comments and pictures from hot guys we know.

by fashionqn on 1/17/2013 3:45:57 PM

I don't exactly feel better or worse. I mean I use Instagram and it actually kinda makes me sad. A lot of people post pictures of people at parties I wasn't invited too and people making out and stuff or of course there will be pictures of girls with a bunch of comments from boys. When I post selfies my besties say something to me which makes me feel good, but I don't understand the difference really. Instagram makes me feel kinda worse actually Frown In other ways too.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 1/17/2013 3:36:53 PM

worse. people are mean on facebook and can say whatever they want about you, and you dont even get the message to know they are until someone tells you, and facebook just lets you say whatever u want. u can say something about students, teachers, friends. or whoever and people laugh and like mean comments. i deleted facebook because it just made me feel crappy about myself all the lies people were saying about me

by girlivinginclouds on 1/17/2013 2:50:28 PM