10 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

14 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

15 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Help! Life is just too hard

For a while, I felt like I had everything anyone could ever want: awesome friends, no pimples (yay!) and a great family. Then everything changed...

Hi How Do You Ask Carol Questions?

Hey girlie,

You can submit a question to Carol here: http://www.girlslife.com/contact.aspx?t=advice

Meghan D.

by Who_Am_I on 2/22/2013 11:37:16 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I am always feeling that my besties are ignoring me and not caring what I say.. one of my friends has started worrying about hair and boys.. my other friend has been telling me "She hates humour" now.. and another friend has been starting rumours like "I had sex with my friend (me)" or "She is such a slob..." and she knows i am a neat freak... the first one is really freaking me out..
<Frown what do I do!?

Hey LiliArtist, talk to your friends about this. They may not know their words are affecting you, especially your last friend. Also you have to realize as you get older you become interested in other things. For some girls that includes boys, and makeup and clothes. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by LilArtist on 2/22/2013 8:10:43 PM

So my bf sometimes calls other girls hot. Then doesn't say he does, like one of his friends would say what do you think about her again? And he won't tell me. But I know he did because he was sitting right next to me when he did. Should I be worried???

Hey girlie,

Have you heard him say things about other girls? If it's all hearsay, I wouldn't confront him if all you know are rumors that might not be true. But if he says things like that in front of you, that's not very considerate of him! Even if he does find other girls attractive, it's not respectful to you and your relationship to say that. If he says that it front of you I would tell him that it hurts your feelings and that you don't like when he makes those comments. Hopefully he will stop, and if he doesn't then you might want to consider finding someone who is more respectful of you.

Meghan D.

by jellybean2 on 2/16/2013 12:21:59 AM

My life is okay... But my mom and dad dont really talk to me and the only person that I could rely on was my brother and now he's turned his back on me. What do I do??? I'm stressed out and can't sleep at night because of how stressed I am. It feels like I can never be good enough for my family anymore...

by beachheads1016 on 2/12/2013 8:32:12 PM

know how u feel Frown

by monicavampire on 2/12/2013 5:23:51 PM

My life is Horrible! My mom doesn't understand me AT ALL! I think my period is around the corner cause ive had all symptoms but 2! and I've had no pimples (THANK DA LORD) but I feel so lonely. I like a guy. BUT I don't know if he likes me back! I've never had a bf or a crush before! Yikes! Everyone doesn't like him! and my friends keep teasing me that they will tell him I like him! My friend almost told him at youth group yesterday before I covered her mouth. Nd' I'm afraid that they are going to tell him! I've asked them to not say anything and just drop it, but they won't! Also, I've been super tired cuz' my dad wont help me with my dog when we had an agreement I have said something and so has my mom and he wont do a friggin' thing! I just want a day off and I NEED ADVICE! IK this is a comment but if this can become an answered question or plea of help! That would be awesome! Frown Smile :?

Hey girl, first of all, take a deep breath.  It's very common to have disagreements with your parents.  When you're talking with your mom, stay calm and respectful, and hopefully you can expect the same from her.  Ask your friends kindly to please not say anything to your crush.  It's important to have trustworthy friends.  If he does find out that you like him, it's okay.  And who knows?  Maybe you'll find out that he likes you back.  To best take care of your dog, get into a daily routine to help with time management.  Also, check out this article about "5 Ways to Get Out of a Funk."  Good luck, chica!

Karin E.

by Love5771 on 2/11/2013 8:25:45 AM

Mod, Latley I have been stressed and I NEED to talk to someone. I am in the 7th grade and I have never gone out with anyone nor kissed anyone. All girls make such a big deal out of it and I guess it just hit me. My good friend started going out with someone and they kissed. I was so happy for her. The other day at lunch she said "I'm so glad I got that over with" those words are stuck in my head. I feel like when I go to my new high school that I won't find a guy and I won't have my first kiss until senior year! I don't know why this is sitting in my head but it is. I choose not to go out with anyone right now. I'm very social and I know alot of people, I just think dating in my school is stupid. Guys have asked me out before but I've said no. I want to start dating in 8th or 9th grade without alot of publicity. I REALLY need the help

Hey girlie, if not dating is a personal decision then it's nothing to worry about that you haven't dated or had your first kiss. If you've been asked out, boys will continue to ask you out! Stop worrying so much about it and just enjoy being young and single!

Lauren T.

by marylofal16 on 2/6/2013 5:07:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT
I just found out some brain-shattering news today:
My best friend (practically sister) has been raped. She said that she hasn't told anyone, not even her mom! I know I'm supposed to tell someone, but who? She says it happened when she was ten, three years ago. She said not to tell anyone, should I just keep it to myself?

First of all you need to be there for your friend. Make sure she knows youre there for her to listen or for a hug whenever she needs it. Second of all I suggest you talk to her and see if she would be willing to talk to the guidance counselor or some other adult she trusts - if not her mom. What she went through was awful and no one who hasn't experienced it can even begin to understand. So all you can do is be there for her and support her the best you can - especially in trying to get her to open up about it. Talking to the counselor will help her sort everything out and you can even be there to help her while talking about it. Just be supportive and try to get her to tell a trustworthy adult about it, preferably a guidance counselor. Good luck hon! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by daylit14 on 2/5/2013 10:58:25 PM

one more thing, when I walk in front of people, i get uncomfortable and selfconcious and do a funny walk. How can i stop bein like this.
Oh hey this must be an out of the blye questons but my mom wants me to be like normal.... i want to be unique and hve my own style but she wont let me! What should i do?

Hey girlie,

Even though it seems like everyone is watching you, they're really not, so try to imagine they're not paying attention to you and walk normally! No one will notice, trust me! As for your style, try focusing on developing your personality on the inside. Even if you have to dress a certain way when you're at school, being unique comes from what you like, so focus on developing yourself on the inside and letting that show, because that is what counts Smile

Meghan D.

by Angelsfall on 2/4/2013 8:23:06 PM

many of my friends trust me with their secrets andit feels njce to have people trust you. But im a terrible friend because what some people tell me i tell other peopple. How can I keep my mouth shut?
Also, when my friends get me mad, i ignore them and just walk away. I crack my neck, shoulders and fingers 24/7 how can i stop this because it gets me annoyed.
also, in like 9 months im having my quinceanera, how can i get skinny?
One more thing, how can I stop being mean to people? At home i make my min hat I will be nice but once i go to achool im mean, how can i stop that?
On more little stich! How can i talk to my mom about personal stuff without being shy?

Hey girlie,

If you can admit that you tell other people's secrets, it shouldn't surprise you that they aren't talking to you about things they don't want to get around! Try thinking about if those secrets were your own--would you want them to be public? If you imagine yourself in their shoes it will help you keep their secrets. And if you are upset with your friends, it is better to talk to them about it than to ignore them, because they might not realize they upset you and they'll definitely be hurt if you walk away from them! If you don't want to crack your joints anymore, maybe you could set up a reward system like that you could have dessert or watch TV (whatever works for you) if you don't crack them. You can also talk to your mom or guidance counselor for help breaking a bad habit! I would think more about living a healthy lifestyle than being skinny, because a healthy look is different for everyone! If you are eating fruits and veggies (and protein!) and exercising regularly, you will be fine Smile If you want to be nice to people, try thinking of something you admire about them and compliment them on it Smile And don't be nervous about talking to your mom, she's been through it all and is there for you!

Meghan D.