6 HOURS AGO Sweater weather also happens to be smoothie weather. Snag our recipes for seasonal sips: http://t.co/s00kRlDnDq #pumpkinspiceeverything

6 HOURS AGO RT @PeytonList: Lots of great questions! Keep them coming on @girlslifemag Facebook! 😻�pic.twitter.com/iuIzoC1K4Q4Q

6 HOURS AGO The lovely @PeytonList is answering Qs on our FB wall *right now!* Head to http://t.co/7oz2xj5ydi to join in! #glpeyton #peytonlist

COMMENTS

Why does my crush diss other dudes?

The guy I like is my friend, and he is always telling me that no guy is good enough for me. Should I be reading something into...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so there's this guy at my church, and we're kinda friends.I guess but we were both helping out in a fiddler class one time and I really got to know him.. and I see him a lot at church and we kinda exchange looks but I mostly say hi to his little three yr old sister, and when I go up to her he gives me like a deep look and kinda smiles at me.. he kinda looks sad though. Does he like me.? Or is he just trying to be nice.?? I think I kinda like him.. but there's another guy at church I'm still trying to get over.. but honestly I don't have much chance with that guy because he's a senior in high school and I'm in 7th grade.! Aha.. but please answer. Thanks.

Hey girlie,

It's hard to tell whether or not he likes you from a look, though that does sound like a pretty big age difference! It might not seem like a lot, but it can make a huge difference when you're young. You could try getting to know him as friends and see how he acts around you, but I would also try to meet people who are in your grade, because there might be some nice guys your age you might not have noticed before Smile

Meghan D.

by Maegan13 on 4/19/2013 9:23:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD so there's this girl and she thinks she knows everything about everyone. So she likes my crush and shes like "iasked him if he thinks ur pretty and he said no" or "he downt like u he likes me" and she plays volleyball with me and thinks shes soooo pretty. It makes me feel horrible Bc I'm the girl who wants to make everyone happy and I would go out of my way for her to go out with MY crush (iliked him first) but she wouldn't do the same. So my question is is she saying these things to make herself feel better ir to bring me down?

Hey girlie, it's probably that putting you down makes her feel better, so both. Ignore her. She's probably just jealous of you so she wants you to feel bad.

Lauren T.

by epicvicky on 1/23/2013 4:20:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
there's this guy I kinda like a little but my one friend says he thinks I like him and he kinda acts like he likes me but sometimes time when I talk to him he looks at me like I should be in a mental hospital but other times he makes weird faces at me and he started talking to me today cause I was walking past him and was whistling and it was near my ear and I freaked out and he was like asking me a bunch of questions about why it freaked me out and then at a basketball game he kinda joking with me and he tells me random story's but he doesn't talk to me much at school how can we talk more cause I wanna be friends with him and how can I get him to stop thinking I like him do you think he likes me or he's just weird? Thanks sorry its so long

Hey girlie,

He might just be shy, or he might just want to be friends with you/not be ready for a relationship. If you don't talk a lot at school, maybe you could talk at lunch or after school, or you could study together on weekends to get to know him more. Once you have more conversations you will get a better sense of whether or not he likes you!

Meghan D.

by Sparklysharpie on 1/18/2013 9:54:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD i like this guy and it's possible he kinda likes me, he comes up and talks to me and we're into all the same things. anyways, i feel like we're not getting anywhere because when he comes and talks to me i freeze up!!! like today he talked to me and he was really close to me and i got really nervous, like i can still talk somewhat normally but i don't carry on a good conversation and i feel like we could get closer if i could. i don't even mean to, i even tell myself that i won't get nervous but then as soon as we start talking i forget my words! how can i learn to carry a good conversation?

Hey girlie,

It's normal to be nervous, but don't let that stop you from talking to your crush! Try imagining you are having a conversation with a friend so you'll be less nervous, or talk about a topic you feel comfortable with like school or sports. You'll get more comfortable talking to him the more you do!

Meghan D.

by karategirl78 on 1/18/2013 9:02:43 PM

Hey girls!!!
Come ckeck out my clubs! "School Girls Smile" or "Total Princesses"!!! I also have an advice queen page and feel free to ask me anything on my profile and I will answer you ASAP!!!!!! I hope I can help! (just tell me in your question if you want my answer to be posted on your profile or mine! iF you don't say or your profile is invisible then I will just post the answer on mine ok?)

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/18/2013 7:42:01 PM

MODMODMODMOD '
There's a sweet,cute etc. guy at my school who is the best guy in my mind and he has told me he likes me and calls me his baby and treats me like a bf but he still hasn't asked me out. I don't get it he knows i like him why cant he just ask me out yet???????

Hey tallytot, mhmm maybe he's waiting for you to ask him out. Ask him on a date and see what happens. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by tallytot on 1/18/2013 6:33:39 PM

My sis is getting married next may and she wants the bridesmaid to wear
Silver but since Im fair but with warmer undertones I'm afraid the silver
Will wash me out is there a certain way I should wear my makeup so my
Face won't look washed out?

Hey redvelvetluv, since this is your sister's wedding you should ask her what she thinks. She probably has a particular way she wants her bridesmaids to do their hair. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 1/18/2013 6:26:53 PM

Join my club Its all about Fashion adn Beauty. There are 2 positions opena dn the application is on my profile page. We will have a outfit of the day and a tip of the day, everyday!!! I can't wait to see you on my club(:

by nazirah817 on 1/18/2013 5:40:05 PM

Hey girls! Please join my club, Books by Us. We talk about poetry, a book that YOU've written and we even recommend books to other girlies! Also the VP and treasurer and secretary positions r open. See ya there!

by pinklol56 on 1/18/2013 4:46:45 PM

MOD MOD
i'm a new student in a school.i sit in the front of the class.i'm a really shy girl;i get really afraid to ask questions and participate.and im afraid i had done something wrong class mates behind me will make fun of me.my body shivers most of the time and my hands get all sweaty i really get annoyed by this and i tried everything and because of it i feel paranoid.what should i do to beat my shyness once and for all?? Frown

Hey Hot Mess, first close your eyes, and take a deep breath. I too have been nervous in my classes. I was afraid to say the wrong thing or that the teacher wouldn't think I was smart. But then I realized that no one thought these things, other students were just as nervous as me, and that the teacher doesn't expect you to know everything and that's why you're in their class. So there's nothing to be afraid of. You may ask a question that someone else in the class needs the answer too. Asking questions also shows the teacher that you are paying attention and interested in the subject. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Hot mess on 1/18/2013 4:38:55 PM

MOD MOD
There is this guy that i really like but we only have a free period (no classes) together so we don't get to talk that much. Usually we make eye contact or like weird faces or say hi in the hallway, but that isn't much time. He started texting me a few weeks ago and we usually text everyday we don't have school, sometimes we stay up really late talking. I don't like forming a relationship just from text, but it is hard when we can only talk during our free and sometimes we have to do school or are with other friends then. I don't know if he likes me, but even if he doesn't I think were really similar in a lot of ways (we even have the same birthday!!) and i want to get to know him better. 1) Is it okay that we text so much if we talk as much as possible in person? 2) do you think he likes me?

Hey lemonade1892, well first he definitely likes you. Since you guys don't have much time to talk during school, try meeting each other before and after it. You both could try getting to school earlier to hang and staying later. Try meeting up on the weekends too. You two could head to the movies or grab a bite to eat. And it's okay to text as much, especially because you guys can't talk that much in person. Hope these suggestions help ya! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by lemonade1892 on 1/18/2013 4:29:44 PM

MOD MOD
So i have his bgf and he goes to another school in my area. The last time I saw him was homecoming but we text a lot. Sometimes i think he is flirtexting me, for example i told him i had to miss our Winterfest dance(he goes to my schools dances) and he said "why would you miss Winterfest. Are you trying to make it un-fun for me!!!!!" Do u think he is flirting or just being friendly?

Hey girlie, sounds like that text def borderline flirting but since you are besties it could just be friendly. The only way you'll know for sure is to keep the convo goin! You can say something flirty like miss me? Or friendly like it's okay we'll hangout soon anyway. Depending on how  he responds you'll be able to tell better.

Jenn S.

by teampeetapercy on 1/18/2013 4:06:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok, so I really like this guy. He's cute and nice, but super shy and I don't know him very well. He tries to get my attention in 1st period and we always say hey to each other. What are some conversation starters because I really want to get to know him better, and how can I ask for his number, or should I give him mine? And how? Thank you!!

Hey hun, check out this link! Click here!

Jenn S.

by Sheyenne on 1/18/2013 2:51:06 PM

Mod mod mod
Things with my crush are going good so far. He likes to joke around with me. One day he locked me out of a door and started laughing at me, but then he saw that I got mad and he opened it up and stroked a strand of my hair. And then a few days ago he noticed that I wore some more makeup than usual and curled my hair, so he called me 'ew' jokingly. What does that mean? Is that just a guy's way of telling me I look nice? I called him 'ew' back and we kept on calling each other ew jokingly. I noticed that he stared at me a lot that night. I was going to fb chat him 'eeew'. Should I? He usually never responds to my messages. I don't have his number or anything. Only fb chat. How can I get him to respond to me? Should I even try chatting him again? I said "hey" last week and he saw it but never responded.

Hey girl, it seems like you guys are very sarcastic to each other so I'd try sarcastically saying something to him like "way to not answer me ewwww." He'll probably laugh and joke back and this way he will know you noticed and might explain.

Jenn S.

by britishgurl on 1/18/2013 12:37:38 PM

MOD MOD
i feel sorry for my bff.her crush found out that she likes him and now he is really ignoring her and avoiding her(they used to be really good friends). What can she do to convince him to forget about the whole things and become friends like before with out thinking she like like him.please help! Frown

Hey girlie, she should tell him that she doesn't want to sacrifice their friendship and she's cool with just being friends. Maybe she can even tell him she likes someone else (plus, he shouldn't be so immature!)

Jenn S.

by Hot mess on 1/18/2013 12:22:02 PM

join my club, "Beauty Tips & Tidbits"! just starting out, all council/officer positions are open, apply today!Smile

there is a Tip of the Day, as well as a Quote of the Week. can't wait to have you joinSmile xoxo

by alindgren on 1/18/2013 11:59:45 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so i have been plucking my eyebrows for a while now, but i only pluck the middle part because i have hair growing there ( i know, embarassing!) i dont shape my eyebrows, they're already fine how they are. I realized that every time i pluck the middle part, its never fully CLEAN. Like completly clean and smooth as if there was never hair there. Its always dry and there are always small hairs everywhere even though i pluck it really well. My mom doesnt let me wax yet or thread so how do i pluck it so its completly CLEAN? I pluck right after a shower so my pores are open and all and i use a slanted tweezer..... I know this is a weird question, so thanks in advance!

Hey girlie. I'd try exfoliating after you shower to really open up your pores since these are hard to reach hairs. Try an exfoliating facial scrub

Jenn S.