8 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

12 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

13 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

5 steps to snag Jennifer Lawrence's braided updo

We absolutely adore her for her kick-butt persona as Katniss from The Hunger Games, but we also have to admit that Jennifer Lawrence is always nothing but...

modmodmod
yesterday i got my period for the 3rd time. today im going to a birthday party sleepover where we might swim... so
1) im not going to try tampons, so how can i tell them that im not going swimming ;/
2) how can i deal with it at the sleepover part
thanks! Smile

Helen S.

by Carrie_Underwood on 4/27/2013 9:11:47 AM

this doesn't work for me tried and tried and tried still doesn't work at all

by missmayaq on 4/16/2013 8:43:55 PM

This is to answer Sarah510's question:

A lot of people may not know this, but there is a way to fix stuff like that. What you do is you get some plastic wrap and cover the eyeshadow container with it. Take something like a butter knife and crush all of the eyeshadow. Take the plastic wrap off and put several drops of rubbing alcohol in the crushed eyeshadow, and then smooth it with the butter knife. Wait until the alcohol evaporates and voila! You have brand new eyeshadow. (: Hope this helps someone!

by twinkleglimmer on 4/9/2013 1:44:22 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod
Hi! Okay so I need help. I'm 15 and I don't wear a lot of makeup and have been blessed to only have pimples pop up here and there and not have been plagued with full on acne yet. I'm fine going bare when I'm around the house or out with friends or going to the mall with my fam. But recently I found that I'm uncomfortable with going bare to an event. I want to look nice and make a good first impression on whoever is going to be there and not have that one daunting pimple on my chin. I don't want to where a ton of stuff to hide it and blend it all into my face. So my question is, is there something I can use that is simple to put on but will cover any blemishes? Thank you in advance! Smile

Hey girlie,

It is totally normal to want to wear makeup before a formal event! You could try a little foundation or a concealer stick or liquid concealer to put over a blemish. Ask the salespeople at a beauty store to help you find the right shade and product for your skin!

Meghan D.

by mrsmaslow on 3/17/2013 12:48:35 AM

Mod mod mod!!
please answer this as soon as you can.
So I was fooling around with my mom's eyeshadow and I got a hole right in the center of it. How can I fill it up to make it look like there is no hole. Help!!!

There is nothing you can do! Try telling your mom the truth and how you know you shouldn't have been messing with her make-up...but you did and you're sorry. It's better to tell her than waiting for her to find out on her own! Good luck!

mailyse f.

by Sarah510 on 3/15/2013 9:52:56 AM

Thank you so much! <3

by PeculiarGurl on 2/23/2013 9:41:39 PM

I need a hair style I can do for school. We have the wide brimmed hat so I can't even do a high ponytail and I look bad. I have lots of hair so I can't braid it. It is average length. Any ideas?
THanks

hey! You know what I like to do? make your hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck. Now, slide your hair elastic down a few inches to make the ponytail looser. Then, use your hand to part the hair directly above the hair elastic in half, as if you wanted to pull something through. Finally, twist your ponytail through that space once, and you'll have a cool, twisted hair look that's really easy to do! here are some more ideas:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/10/22/The-pony-tales.aspx

Helen S.

by PeculiarGurl on 2/23/2013 2:22:07 AM

Hey GL chicas! Check out my club, It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! We have advice for any fashion/beauty sitch. Please check it out girlies! <3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 1/25/2013 2:03:43 PM

This would be perfect for my hair!

by gvio9 on 1/21/2013 9:59:22 AM

She looks scary in that pic

by ColosalMascara on 1/20/2013 5:04:32 PM

The advice that you gave me was good........just not for me. Well, the walking up thing is good I will just take a friend with me. But, like, he doesn't go to my school so I can't sit next to him!!!
And I don't have his #. So can you give me some tips on how to ask for it. And if I do he will want to know for sure why I want it. Again, we don't go to the same school so I CAN'T say for homework. So I need something to say when I ask. And we haven't really talked since June of last year. So like it'll be weird If I just come up to him and say "Hey , can I have your number?" And also, he has tried to talk to me before but I just ignored him cuz I thought it was someone else. So I'm not sure if he thinks I don't want to talk to him. Sorry if this was confusing I just wanted you to know all the details!!!

Hey girlie, start out talking to him to just catch up with him. And then ask if you can have his number to keep in touch. He doesn't have to know that you have a crush on him, he'll think you're just being a good friend.

Lauren T.

by glamgirl4everandever on 1/20/2013 5:02:10 PM

I really like this boy lets call him A. A goes to a different school but comes once in a while to pick up his brother. When he used to go to my school I used to be really good friends with him but now I'm too afraid to talk to him. Plus, everyone is crowding around him and I would like to talk to him alone or just with my friends. And I DON'T want to tell him I like him, just, you know, make conversation. So, how do I get to talk to him alone and what topics should I talk about?

Hey girl, just walk up to him! or maybe in a class, try and sit closer to him. If you have his phone #, give him a call. Or text him maybe.

lauren r.

by glamgirl4everandever on 1/20/2013 9:03:10 AM

i always seem to get my period at the worst times poosible. ive had it 6 times, the first was 3 days after my cat died, the 3rd was on halloween, the 5th was on christmas and now ive got it 4 days before we move. every single one has lasted exactly 6 days, so i know ill have it on moving day. is it just a coincidence or what!!!???

Hey girlie,

I'm sorry it seems like your period is coming at an inconvenient time, unfortunately there's nothing you really can do to control when it comes! I'm sure it's just your schedule that you'll have it when you're moving, so just try to plan ahead by packing a few pads in your bag for that day!

Meghan D.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 1/19/2013 11:43:59 PM

btw he already knows i like him adn he said that he likes me too

by nazirah817 on 1/19/2013 10:40:00 PM

MOD!!
Ok so there is this guy i used to date and i kinda like him still but i cant date and we arent gunna date and we are talking as friends not like friends with benefits though how do i not make things awkward between us and keep it at the friend level and how should i tell him?

Hey girlie,

If you like each other but aren't ready for a relationship, you can still hang out as friends as long as you set some boundaries! Maybe you could try hanging out in groups with other friends there, or do casual things like studying together and going bowling or skating. It won't be awkward if that's what both of you want!

Meghan D.

by nazirah817 on 1/19/2013 10:39:33 PM

Where can I get an oversized white or light gray crew neck sweater? Thanks

Hey girlie,

I would try department stores like JCPenney or Kohl's, or maybe Forever21 or H&M!

Meghan D.

by Sparklysharpie on 1/19/2013 10:34:51 PM

I need advice for my friend, lets call her D. D likes 2 boys and they like her too. for Christmas one of them, lets call him H. H gave her a perfume and one time he slipped a candy cane into her lunch kit so it's clear that he likes her. On the last day of school B (the other boy) told me to tell D that he likes her. I did and she said she was happy. Since school has started back, fhough, she hasn't made contact with them and H is asking everyone he knows if she likes him and all of them are saying no so he cried. And D likes both of them, but doesn't want to tell them because she thinks it will be too embarrassing. What should she do?

Hey girlie,

If she likes both of them and isn't sure what to do, maybe the best thing is to tell them she's not ready for a relationship. That way, she doesn't have to make a choice and can still be friends with both of them.

Meghan D.

by Glamgirl4everandever on 1/19/2013 10:01:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I work at this place where u have to wear like sweatpants/yoga pants or those cute Victoria's secret shorts so I have a problem wearing them, when I wear those items it makes a big bulge in my vagina like its sticking out what can I do about that? And also what are some school gym bag essentials? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could ask the people who work there to find something that fits you so it won't make you look weird! Also for your gym bag I would include deodorant, a few spare ponytail holders, a water bottle and a change of clothes and whatever else you need for your class!

Meghan D.

by CheerUrHeartOut on 1/19/2013 9:44:05 PM

join my club, "Beauty Tips & Tidbits"! just starting out, all council/officer positions are available, apply today!Smile

there is a Tip of the Day as well as a Quote of the Week. xoxoSmile

by alindgren on 1/19/2013 1:06:52 PM

Hey girls, please check out the club

"It's all about Fashion and Beauty !!!"

The position for "beauty expert" is open and we would love to have someone to fill it.

IF your looking for somewhere to ask questions about fashion, hair, skin, or anything else this is the place to go. We post daily and there will always be someone to help. Thanks <3

by karasinski on 1/19/2013 12:48:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Like four times this trimester for gym class I claimed I "forgot" my gym clothes because I didn't feel good, had a hurt foot, or plain didn't want to do gym. (My gym teachers makes you run laps no matter is your sick or in pain.) I am know failing gym and my mom found out sometimes I don't bring my clothes with my friend. All my other grades are above A's and my gym teacher said if I keep remembering my clothes I can bring my grade up to an A. I am afraid that my parents will yell at me. I also am I afraid I won't make high honor role (I always do). How should I explain this to my parents??

hey! You have to be honest with them. Tell them you don't like gym and you try to get out of it. Gym is not reason to let your average slip. It's a pretty easy A all things considered, and would it be worth it to you in the long run to put up with it if it improves your grades overall? Think about it. good luck girl!

Helen S.

by BabyDahl13 on 1/19/2013 12:15:27 PM

Ugh I hate Jennifer Lawrence.

by pinklol56 on 1/19/2013 11:41:17 AM

mod mod mod
what are some must have hair products? my hair is stick straight and a little past my shoulders. also, i am starting PE and i need some ponytail ideas that look cute but dont take 2 long. thx!

hey! here are some ponytail ideas: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/09/06/28-totally-amazing-ponytails-perfect-for-school-Part-3.aspx a hair product I really like is called "It's a 10" hairspray. It does all this volumizing and shining stuff in one product. good luck!

Helen S.

by fiafia17 on 1/19/2013 10:14:02 AM

MOD!

Hey girlie,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc. You don't have to talk to your friends about it if you're not ready, but speaking with an adult will help!

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by <3qtpiecatherine<3 on 1/19/2013 12:25:02 AM

MOD!
My room is pink and paris-themed, but now I'm kind of thinking I'd like something else. Painting isn't an option. How can I make it seem more orange and purple-ish?

Hey girlie,

If you can't repaint, maybe you could make a few changes, like a new bedspread or drapes that are the colors you want. You could also put posters or decals on the walls if you can't paint them!

Meghan D.