4 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

5 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

6 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

Bust your tomboy image around guys

I love to hang with guys, but I don’t know how to flirt. Loving sports and being kind of a tomboy doesn’t help. I get labeled as...

Mod Meghan D.
Omg, so sorry! Didn't even think about that. My apologies.

by graciegang on 1/21/2013 9:49:01 PM

Mod mod mod

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by graciegang on 1/21/2013 8:17:42 PM

The girl in the picture doesn't really look like a tomboy..haha

by maggie183 on 1/21/2013 6:16:09 PM

Hey girls! Please look at my club

"Fashion, Hair, and more! Oh my!"

There are positions open and I'd love to fill them. We talk about fashion, beauty, and anything like that. If you love either of those you'll love this club! I look forward to seeing you there!
Thanks <3

by karasinski on 1/21/2013 5:49:01 PM

If there is an awkward silence when I'm with my close friends, I talk to fill in the gap. The problem is I don't stop talking. I honestly do want to hear what people say, but I'm stuck inside my bad habit of rambling. I feel like I don't give them a chance to talk. I don't want my friends to think I'm self-centered from talking about myself just because I hate awkward silences. I feel like if the roles were switched, I'd be annoyed if someone kept talking without giving me too many chances to talk.

Hey girlie,

Maybe next time there is a pause, you could ask your friends a question about how their day is going instead of starting your own story. Ask what they're doing that night, if anything funny happened in class or what they're doing for the weekend. And it's okay to have a natural pause in a conversation, so don't feel like you always have to fill the silence!
Meghan D.

by bratz911 on 1/21/2013 5:43:28 PM

Do you think I am a tomboy? I just like wearing cool tshirts and skinny or flare jeans and sneakers/tennis shoes. I have a crush (a lot actually! Lol), I paint my nails, but I joke around a lot and I have some BGFs. Like 4? I have some girl friends too but it's always real awkward when I hang out with them.

Hey girlie,

I don't think you need to worry about whether or not to classify yourself as a "tomboy"--just be yourself and do what makes you happy! There's no need to label yourself or to fit into any one category.

Meghan D.

by pinklol56 on 1/21/2013 4:21:23 PM

Mod mod mod
My crush and I have been flirting with each other for a long time, which is great, but we don't know each other that well. I would love for him to be my bf, but it would be awkward if we dated and we don't really know much about each other! He loves to be silly with me. I love it too, but I wish we could get to know each other better, ya know? He goes to my karate and I see him tomorrow night. What are some convo starters? Thanks Laughing

Hey girlie,

If you want to get to know each other better, try using your conversation to share more about your life instead of just flirting! Ask him about the classes he's taking and what he likes to do after school. You could also mention your favorite book, TV show or movie and ask what his are, too. Maybe you even like the same things! Starting a casual conversation on something lighthearted will get a natural conversation flowing, and you can always move into other topics afterward.

Meghan D.

by isabellec on 1/21/2013 3:46:01 PM

Mod mod mod
In October, I told my crush that I liked him, and he acted like he already knew. Then, he sends me a fb message saying that he's really sorry and he gave me his number. I thought it was all good until he got his bff to reject me for him. He avoided me after that. I stopped liking him, and started liking his bff because he's a nice and funny guy. The bff acts really flirty with me. It seems like the closer I get with the bff, my old crush sort of seems like he likes me.He sent me a game request on fb, and I looked at the game and saw that you need to pick the person you want to add. He never does that. He liked my status, too. The other day, him and the bff were playing a joke on me and my ex-crush gave me a shy smile and he was laughing. A few days ago he watched me from the window for like 10 min. Does it seem like he likes me now? Who should I choose? Thanks Smile

Hey girl, it does seem like your ex-crush might like you, but it sounds like his bff likes you too.  If the bff is nice, funny, and flirty, mabs he's a better choice.  But really it's for you to decide.  Either way, it's so great that you recovered from the initial rejection of your old crush and moved on.  Clearly being happy and confident is attractive.  You go girl.

Karin E.

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 1/21/2013 3:19:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! Okay, so valentines day is less than a month away, and I have a school dance one week after. I want to ask my crush, who is kinda geeky (likes video games, doctor who, ect.) I was thinking of giving him a comic book with a note inside of it asking him to the dance as a V-Day gift. What do you think?

Hey chica, that's such a cute, creative idea!  Love it.  Go for it, girly.

Karin E.

by lemonlime123 on 1/21/2013 3:02:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok so me and my friends were trying to get a sleepover going tonight since we dont have school tomorroww.. i dont usually have sleepovers with more than one person at my house so how can i convince my mom to let me have 3 friends over for a sleepover ? thanks

Hey chica, approach your mom in a respectful, mature manner and ask if it's okay to invite your 3 friends over for a sleepover.  Tell her exactly who you would invite, where you'd plan on hanging out, where everyone would sleep, etc.  Anticipate issues or questions your mom might have and figure out appropriate solutions and responses.  Good luck!

Karin E.