7 MINUTES AGO 5 tips for booting bad grades: http://t.co/kMlNTRGFos

AN HOUR AGO Wondering if you should you get back with your ex? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/6gYmS9fe3s

1 HOURS AGO #BookClub: We're obsessed with the #RavenCycle series. Get a free excerpt here: http://t.co/l35y9bH62j

COMMENTS

Bust your tomboy image around guys

I love to hang with guys, but I don’t know how to flirt. Loving sports and being kind of a tomboy doesn’t help. I get labeled as...

Mod!!!!!!
The guy I like asked me out but I don't know how to bring up dating with my parents. We have never talked about it. How do I bring it up?

Hey girlie! I would just start with a simple, "I know we haven't really talked about this much, but ______ asked me to go on a date with him, and I really want to." And see what they say.
Florence N.

by goldenheart7 on 3/29/2013 12:39:14 AM

I am soo confused I asked this guy out (stupidly) after we had a really long amazing convo online - he is very shy in person and only talks to our sport instructor and his bro. When I went he would get everything wrong I'd we we're working together and there were a few more signs he liked me - he didn't reply and I totally got over it... I left as I had other commitments in other hobbies etc at that time and 5 months later I said happy birthday to him online and he said thanks and all my friends said the same to him and got no reply and i did not believe it at all and looked and it has been quite a while now but people think he likes me now ? He gets really awkward around me etc. tho (when I ever get to see him) and even though I havent seen him in months my friends brung it up recently like it mean something ( I'm confused) can you help me figure out if he likes me? Thanks MOD Smile

hey! he might, the awkwardness might indicate that, but there could be other reasons he's acting that way, so i guess just wait and see if there are other signs as well? good luck!

Helen S.

by Insideoutkid on 3/21/2013 8:44:03 PM

I have no idea how to kiss! It's super embarrassing that I've never kissed anyone (expect once on accident lol)
Help please!

Hey chica, no worries- here are some tips for your first kiss & here are some smooching secrets.  And don't worry, there are lots of girls who haven't kissed anyone, your time will come!  Good luck!

Karin E.

by jerjer6 on 1/30/2013 9:53:07 AM

Well there's a guy and I really like him and I think he likes me but I think he likes my friend more then me! We will be at math and he looks around and looks at me and I look at him and we start to giggle. In the computer lab we sit by each other and on my other side is my friend. He will talk to me and we will giggle then ,he sinks in his chair and looks at me with big brown eyes and then he leans back looks at my friend and they talk. What do I do? Dose he like me?

by Pandalover87 on 1/27/2013 9:48:16 AM

MOD MOD
thanks Mailyse F.

by redvelvetluv on 1/25/2013 5:11:50 PM

im having a V day party for deserts im making red velvet crispie treats red velvet brownies pillsburry valentines cookies their sugar cookies with hearts on them
a heart shaped cake with pink frosting
and I think for dinner seafood rivioli with vodka sauce and a nice salad with baby spinanch does this sound good?
thanks alot

That sounds like a delicious Valentines party!

mailyse f.

by redvelvetluv on 1/25/2013 9:37:07 AM

Hey GL chicas! Check out my club, Guys R Us! We have the beat advice for any guy sitch. Please check it out! <3 Alicia

by cali princess on 1/24/2013 8:22:10 PM

i kiss like 2 guys before but people said i wasn't a first kiss mostly because it was in pre-k and i didn't know what i was doing but because i've haven't correctly kisses
( omg this is embarrassing)i kinda dont know how to kiss!!!
and i'm afraid of kissing if i kiss ( my future bf) and mess up i'll be embarrassed what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by jaynasa on 1/24/2013 8:13:05 PM

i think if your a tomboy it might be kinda easier to get a crush cause guys know how you act and your shining personality

by jaynasa on 1/24/2013 8:06:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I have a guy friend that I really like, like more than friends. We have known each other for a while, and I spend a lot of time with him. At our youth group at church, two other people were messing around with each other so our youth minister said "ooh do you guys like each other?" they said "No! That's so third grade!" He (the guy I like) whispered to me: "I do that to friends... and to the people I like." What does that mean???
I don't understand! My friend once asked him like a year ago if he liked me, she said he didn't really give a straight answer. I have no clue what to do.

Hey girl, it sounds like he means that he is playful with friends and also with people that he likes.  If you think he's flirting with you, he might like you.  Check out these hints on how to ask him out.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by scarlette.velveteen on 1/23/2013 12:28:50 PM

Mod Meghan D.
Omg, so sorry! Didn't even think about that. My apologies.

by graciegang on 1/21/2013 9:49:01 PM

Mod mod mod

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by graciegang on 1/21/2013 8:17:42 PM

The girl in the picture doesn't really look like a tomboy..haha

by maggie183 on 1/21/2013 6:16:09 PM

Hey girls! Please look at my club

"Fashion, Hair, and more! Oh my!"

There are positions open and I'd love to fill them. We talk about fashion, beauty, and anything like that. If you love either of those you'll love this club! I look forward to seeing you there!
Thanks <3

by karasinski on 1/21/2013 5:49:01 PM

If there is an awkward silence when I'm with my close friends, I talk to fill in the gap. The problem is I don't stop talking. I honestly do want to hear what people say, but I'm stuck inside my bad habit of rambling. I feel like I don't give them a chance to talk. I don't want my friends to think I'm self-centered from talking about myself just because I hate awkward silences. I feel like if the roles were switched, I'd be annoyed if someone kept talking without giving me too many chances to talk.

Hey girlie,

Maybe next time there is a pause, you could ask your friends a question about how their day is going instead of starting your own story. Ask what they're doing that night, if anything funny happened in class or what they're doing for the weekend. And it's okay to have a natural pause in a conversation, so don't feel like you always have to fill the silence!
Meghan D.

by bratz911 on 1/21/2013 5:43:28 PM

Do you think I am a tomboy? I just like wearing cool tshirts and skinny or flare jeans and sneakers/tennis shoes. I have a crush (a lot actually! Lol), I paint my nails, but I joke around a lot and I have some BGFs. Like 4? I have some girl friends too but it's always real awkward when I hang out with them.

Hey girlie,

I don't think you need to worry about whether or not to classify yourself as a "tomboy"--just be yourself and do what makes you happy! There's no need to label yourself or to fit into any one category.

Meghan D.

by pinklol56 on 1/21/2013 4:21:23 PM

Mod mod mod
My crush and I have been flirting with each other for a long time, which is great, but we don't know each other that well. I would love for him to be my bf, but it would be awkward if we dated and we don't really know much about each other! He loves to be silly with me. I love it too, but I wish we could get to know each other better, ya know? He goes to my karate and I see him tomorrow night. What are some convo starters? Thanks Laughing

Hey girlie,

If you want to get to know each other better, try using your conversation to share more about your life instead of just flirting! Ask him about the classes he's taking and what he likes to do after school. You could also mention your favorite book, TV show or movie and ask what his are, too. Maybe you even like the same things! Starting a casual conversation on something lighthearted will get a natural conversation flowing, and you can always move into other topics afterward.

Meghan D.

by isabellec on 1/21/2013 3:46:01 PM

Mod mod mod
In October, I told my crush that I liked him, and he acted like he already knew. Then, he sends me a fb message saying that he's really sorry and he gave me his number. I thought it was all good until he got his bff to reject me for him. He avoided me after that. I stopped liking him, and started liking his bff because he's a nice and funny guy. The bff acts really flirty with me. It seems like the closer I get with the bff, my old crush sort of seems like he likes me.He sent me a game request on fb, and I looked at the game and saw that you need to pick the person you want to add. He never does that. He liked my status, too. The other day, him and the bff were playing a joke on me and my ex-crush gave me a shy smile and he was laughing. A few days ago he watched me from the window for like 10 min. Does it seem like he likes me now? Who should I choose? Thanks Smile

Hey girl, it does seem like your ex-crush might like you, but it sounds like his bff likes you too.  If the bff is nice, funny, and flirty, mabs he's a better choice.  But really it's for you to decide.  Either way, it's so great that you recovered from the initial rejection of your old crush and moved on.  Clearly being happy and confident is attractive.  You go girl.

Karin E.

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 1/21/2013 3:19:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! Okay, so valentines day is less than a month away, and I have a school dance one week after. I want to ask my crush, who is kinda geeky (likes video games, doctor who, ect.) I was thinking of giving him a comic book with a note inside of it asking him to the dance as a V-Day gift. What do you think?

Hey chica, that's such a cute, creative idea!  Love it.  Go for it, girly.

Karin E.

by lemonlime123 on 1/21/2013 3:02:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok so me and my friends were trying to get a sleepover going tonight since we dont have school tomorroww.. i dont usually have sleepovers with more than one person at my house so how can i convince my mom to let me have 3 friends over for a sleepover ? thanks

Hey chica, approach your mom in a respectful, mature manner and ask if it's okay to invite your 3 friends over for a sleepover.  Tell her exactly who you would invite, where you'd plan on hanging out, where everyone would sleep, etc.  Anticipate issues or questions your mom might have and figure out appropriate solutions and responses.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by zeus11 on 1/21/2013 2:40:01 PM

Heyy Girls, join my fashion and beauty club.Everyday there will be an outift of the day and a tip of the day. If you hold a position you should post at least 3 times a week if possible more!!!Also make sure you advertise(: We will talk about fashion, makeup, nails, acne... basicaclly EVERYTHING!!! ♥ Happy MLK Day!

by nazirah817 on 1/21/2013 2:06:20 PM

Hi all, if you need some guy advice come check out my club sometime (legit boy advice). If you want a guys perspective just let me know, I can get that for ya. Happy MLK DAY!

by Chloe<3 on 1/21/2013 1:44:50 PM