9 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

12 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

13 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

4 ridiculous things schools told girls this week

This week, schools across the U.S. seem to be sillier than usual. Here's a round-up of our top-three picks for Most Ridiculous Thing of the...

Like #2, my school doesn't allow dyed hair either. But suspending her for supporting breast cancer awareness is just wrong. If I came in with a bracelet or headband supporting breast cancer awareness, my school wouldn't suspend me, so why suspend her for helping breast cancer?

by olivia1234 on 7/18/2013 3:24:29 PM

maybe instead of telling girls to get BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY they should get over that BOOBS ARE NATURAL and stop over-sexualizing young girls

by dilquius on 5/14/2013 9:02:11 PM

That is cray cray and ridic and just stupid dumb everything

by MTC 415 on 2/27/2013 7:44:34 PM

They are all really crazy! The 4th one is sad though, the girl didnt do anything wrong!!!!

by Lucy g on 2/11/2013 8:09:08 PM

All are ridic!!!!!

by Vv707 on 2/9/2013 3:37:14 AM

what the hay?!!!!rude,much?dude.how can people DO that?little kids say weird stuff all the time,boohoo.what's with these people?get surgery or go home? don't have fun with your hair? question a kindergartener for something she said? let's arrest you because you have a paper gun?for adults that were once our age, they REALLYdon't get kids.these. people. are.S-T-U-P-I-D.

by steinley on 2/7/2013 4:47:40 PM

oh yr boobs r to big GET OUT OR GET SURGERY oh your hair is blue just because we have nothing else to do GET OUT OR SHAVE YOUR HEAD bubbles can kill (ya right) every one RUN OH ALSO GET OUT OF HERE oh look its a paper gun it does not even look like a real gun oh i hope it does not shoot spit balls or even worse paper clips dang the people that work in schools are STUPID the only way to get away from stupid idiots is to go to home school

by kennedy52 on 2/6/2013 2:53:39 AM

OMG! insane... #1 and #4 are the most reddiculous tho (srry i spelled tht wrong)

by cityduck on 2/4/2013 8:26:57 AM

OMG!!! the first is definitely the worst. That is terrible. Gabrielle, I hope things work out OK.

by beccaburra on 2/3/2013 7:50:51 PM

The first one is mean. How could they say that to her. School's shouldn't be telling kids to change their bodies.

by Shelby Love on 2/2/2013 7:20:49 PM

FIRST IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by GlitterGloss on 2/2/2013 2:06:41 PM

OMG! 1st is the worst! SERIOUSLY! Who DOES THAT????

by GlitterGloss on 2/2/2013 2:03:52 PM

@ HipHop123 -- Ditto!

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 1/31/2013 10:18:27 PM

my school doesnt let your hair be any thing but black, brown or blonde. no highlights and if you are a red-head you have to dye it, so stupid who came up with those school rules, and for ridic 1#, sweetie be pround of them millions would to have big boobs

by ArianaKatFan on 1/28/2013 4:46:55 PM

Boob reduction?! OMG that is actually sad how they forced her to do that! Makes me so angry!

by ColosalMascara on 1/28/2013 4:18:40 PM

I am angry at these schools they are little kids, not convicted felons.

by a_school_nerd on 1/28/2013 11:17:05 AM

okay are these people for real, bro? Breast reduction or transfer schools? Who are these people? and to a 6th grader no less?! These people are insane!!!!! And questioning a kindergartener about shooting her friend with a BUBBLE GUN for three hours? I feel so bad for these people!!! Seriously, what has public education turned into these days????????

by savlove123 on 1/27/2013 9:00:10 PM

OMGOSH! There all terrible! I am homeschooled and proud of it! Homeschoolers are not stuck up brats! We can be just like the rest of you! We also have friends that aren't homeschoolers

by HipHop123 on 1/27/2013 7:33:52 PM

Okay,I get the first part of the hair one If'ts in the dress code she shouldn't have done that But for the second part,it's for breast cancer,not a gang! As you can see,I'm torn

by jmy810 on 1/27/2013 7:32:34 PM

Is this what schools are really focusing now-a-days?! Come on guys the students education is a LOT more important right now. And as for bullying, the school should be talking to the students about to prevent it from happening. As for the most ridiculous one, they all seem pretty ridiculous.

by SusieMooCow on 1/27/2013 7:25:19 PM

All of them are super insane. I mean, they are just kids!!!!!!! The schools should be sued just for saying these things.

by transform2314 on 1/27/2013 6:13:22 PM

I dont thing #4 was fair because its a paper gu for goodness sakes that someone put in there and I think the one about the boobs is horable to sya to a sixth grader whos going through puberty and the one about the pink hair i dont think was fair

by erin2757 on 1/27/2013 5:13:31 PM

1 is the worse, and 2 is totally understandable. it was againt dress code, so it was kinda fair...

by fearless;) on 1/27/2013 5:04:04 PM

#1 and #4

I feel so bad for that girl in #1!!

#2 i kinda get why they would do that because she did do it against dress code. But the girl who dyed her hair pink for breast cancer awareness shouldnt have gotten in trouble.

by fieldhockey001 on 1/27/2013 10:08:02 AM

#3 and #4 are the most Ridiculous . I mean a 5 year old seriously ? It was a hello kitty bubble gun , and really goto jail for a paper gun WOW

by TSfan#1 on 1/27/2013 10:00:11 AM

All of these are so insane... My school actually has the same hair dying policy for High School, but I think it's really stupid. Some of these are really mean, though... Oh, and why question a little kindergartner for THREE HOURS? Sort of pathetic if you ask me..

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 1/26/2013 9:15:36 PM

** In response to the second mentioned issue**
I don't see any defense in the girl's favor. When you attend any school, you submit to the school's rules, whether it be dress code restrictions, bullying policies, etc. Therefore, I don't see any reason as to why the school should allow students to break rules that have already been explicitly stated.
If you wanted to debate me on this issue, you might bring up 1st Amendment Rights to freedom of expression, and go on to make the point that "dying hair pink or blue can let students express themselves". However, this is only applies if there is not a higher governing power involved in the issue. (In this case, the governing power is the school.)
I don't think that Girl's Life gave an accurate representation of this issue in particular and found their viewpoint to be quite biased.

by sophlida on 1/26/2013 8:40:59 PM

I can sorta understand #2, They had valid resoning, But my vote totally goes for #1. Poor girl.

by rockgirlsrockk on 1/26/2013 7:59:30 PM

My aunt was unfortunately bullied because she had big breasts, she got them reduced but that only gave the bullies more leverage against her Frown that school needs to learn that that kind of bullying is actually sexual harassment.

by kannjenkins on 1/26/2013 7:30:10 PM

Weep I did almost. The first one got me soooooo mad. I mean every girl remembers what it was like with your changing bod. For crying out loud you for sure do not need your school pointing it out! I think the girls who bullied her should have been the ones to get in trouble. Goodness gracious!

P.S. Join my club Lets Be Real! ;)

by apostolicchic on 1/26/2013 5:42:23 PM

Dude, #4 is my vote. I can totally sympathize for her. I was bored, so I drew a wild west scene with a gun in it, and they said I could've gotten suspended. We're in sixth grade. We're not stupid. We know what guns are. A little cartoon picture won't exactly give us nightmares. Also, we aren't allowed to celebrate Christmas because some students may be of a different religion. SO not fair!

by pretty gal on 1/26/2013 4:17:44 PM

Wow. Just, wow.

by emmulee on 1/26/2013 3:28:18 PM

Omigod!!! They're all so crazy!!! But with the #1... seriously. She's probably already really self-conscious and telling to get surgery probably made it worse. That's just wrong. =P

by music191 on 1/26/2013 3:25:29 PM

#3- faceplam. all i can think of after reading these are this quote from albert einstien- two things are infinite- the universe and human stupidity. and im not sure about the universe. Failure. just, just fail.

by ravenclawgirl on 1/26/2013 3:09:49 PM

#1 obviously. Guns are a touchy subject now. (I still don't agree with what happened to that kindergartener though.) If dying your hair is against school policy, well then...

by emcheer26 on 1/26/2013 2:44:03 PM

totally #1. I mean, how could they even justify saying that?? schools r so insane these days...

by lucy143247 on 1/26/2013 1:46:49 PM

Poor Melody!!! She didn't even make the paper gun.
Frown

by lemonlime123 on 1/26/2013 1:19:33 PM

All of them. The entire line of these ridiculous stories are absolutely..... ridiculous. But if I had to choose, the first one is the MOST ridiculous thing ever. The school ignored the bullies and pretty much joined in the bullying themselves. If someone told me that I had big boobs, I would say "Yup, and I know you're jealous Tong"

by meepala21 on 1/26/2013 11:49:18 AM

#1 for sure. The only thing I could see is if she had been wearing inappropriate clothing to "flaunt her stuff." But even then all they needed to do was sit down and have a chat with her parents about it, not make her switch schools or get plastic surgery.
I'm sure she dressed appropriately though, and I think it's absolutely horrible that a school would do something like that.

by XxTeddy_BearXx on 1/26/2013 11:40:27 AM

The way the school officials handled #1 is soo not the right way. I understand #2 i mean it is against the dress code and all. #3 is really dumb. The girl is 5. 5-year-olds are gonna say weird and inappropriate things because they don't know any better. #4 is also dumb cuz it was a piece of paper. what if someone accidentally tore a piece of paper out of their notebook and it kinda looked like that. no one would have reported it then.

by luvmonkey1313 on 1/26/2013 11:20:48 AM

No one should be told to switch schools just because of their bodies.[which they don't have control over]

by 12pinky on 1/26/2013 8:36:04 AM

Wow. The first one is the worst.

by myfatsquirrel on 1/26/2013 12:50:29 AM

Ridic #1 - it's not her fault God made her with big boobs! if ya got it, flaunt it, right?

by alindgren on 1/25/2013 11:56:50 PM

Can't believe its TRUE!
They are all bad but #1 is the worst. That is total discrimination. Its not her fault for the size of her boobs, even when guys look its not her fault. Its almost as bad as that school in another GL article forcing girls to get pregnancies tests, which is an invasion of our rights. How can schools get away with stuff like this? Helen S.

by fashionqn on 1/25/2013 11:54:49 PM

The first one definitely gets my vote.

by supersingershannon on 1/25/2013 11:45:42 PM

#3 and #4 are definitely crazy!!!! I mean, they all are, but seriously!!

by gummiebearbeatred on 1/25/2013 11:13:38 PM

I feel so bad for those kids...they're getting them in trouble for supporting diseases,natural body parts, and getting them teased...this is so wrong!

by mtf1998 on 1/25/2013 10:57:48 PM

LOl. Cute video. That little girl is just so cute

by sydney18 on 1/25/2013 10:05:26 PM

1 and 4 are just unreasonable.

by Glitterheart16 on 1/25/2013 9:23:12 PM

It's a tie between 1, 2, and 4.

by Fly1213 on 1/25/2013 8:25:32 PM

You know what's stupid my school won't even let us wear colored socks,not even black! We already wear uniforms and our principal won't even change the rule. But it's def not as stupid as these.

by archeology on 1/25/2013 8:18:28 PM

Hey girls! Come check out my advice queen page! I can answer any question you have about anything! Feel free to ask on my profile page if you would like too. I will answer you asap! I hope I can help!

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/25/2013 8:01:23 PM

girl from #1: its totally normal your school is messed up and they should really get the government involved with them because that's bogus, wrong, dumb, and just insulting to be told that you need surgery. you'd think they'd stop the bullying, but they just went ahead and said the girl needed surgery?!?! what has happened to the darn world??

by fashionista997 on 1/25/2013 7:17:01 PM

WTF! Sorry for cussing but all that's just RIDICULOUS AND INSANELY STUPIDDDDDDDDD! -_-

by Susmita24 on 1/25/2013 7:02:24 PM

I vote #1
People are getting a little too paranoid. Kids aren't perfect and parents have to remember that. Seriously!?! This girl was made that way. God made her wonderfully to look like she does and people cannot violate her rights for what she looks like. It's like say "You can't go to this school because you are too fat." It's just wrong. I wish the best of hopes for this girl and hope those crazies come to their senses.

by Maxerdude on 1/25/2013 6:39:53 PM

The first is by FAR the stupidest! SERIOUSLY?! like the school was supposed to address the KIDS not her! OMG

by ida_ghohestani on 1/25/2013 6:28:34 PM

The bubble gun thing. Its a BUBBLE gun,not a full blown army weapon,dumbo.

by audz1199 on 1/25/2013 6:24:02 PM

I have another ridiculous thing to add to this list! Apparently we can't wear skirts @ our school if we take FACS class. Our teacher says if we wear skirts and just so happen to be crawling around on the floor guys might see our "lady parts". What does the teacher think? we're not wearing underwear and spandex or somthing?

Lynae P.

by billabongbabe997 on 1/25/2013 6:09:55 PM

I can relate to #2.In my last month seventh grade, I dyed streaks of pink into my hair. My principal told me that she would have me expelled if it wasn't dyed back immediately. And when my mom said no, the principal told me to use temporary hair spray to dye it brown for the remainder of the year! So I was out $100 (for the original dye job) and I had to dye it back after having pink in my hair for less then a week!

by bellababy4 on 1/25/2013 5:30:21 PM

what the heck? #1 thats so dumb if that was my mom she would have tolled the school off that is so weried

by redvelvetluv on 1/25/2013 5:16:13 PM

Ridic #1.
Whaaat?
It's not her fault. If the school thinks the solution is to have her get surgery, let THEM pay for it. -_-

by i<3cake on 1/25/2013 4:13:20 PM

Hey GL chicas! Check out my club, It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! We have advice for any fashion/beauty sitch. Please check it out girlies! <3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 1/25/2013 4:12:58 PM

All of those are pretty ridiculous! I think #3 is my pick I mean it was a kinder gardener... They are gonna say weird stuff! Lol

by YouCanCallMeCat on 1/25/2013 3:54:00 PM

WHOA schools are getting to protective and messed up now of days!!

by LexiNicoleBieber on 1/25/2013 2:55:04 PM

Are you kidding me????!!! #1 is INSANE. You must me jokeing! SO glad i don't go to that school!!!!!!!!!!! but i feel so bad for that girl :'(

by physicschick on 1/25/2013 1:57:30 PM

Heyy Girlies, Pleas join my club It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! If you go to my profile you can find it there and join(: We post daily and answer all questions!!! Topics we talk about:Clothes,Make-up,Nails,Hair,Skin-Care♥

by nazirah817 on 1/25/2013 1:39:16 PM

#2 is ridiculous like really my mom said i could dye my hair light green and the.vice principal said to un dye my hair and my mom came to the school and cussed him out and ever since then the kids started to dye thwew un unusually colors

by mindless_101 on 1/25/2013 1:26:00 PM

#1 Big boobs
WHAT THE HECK? Schools have no right to tell girls that something is wrong with their bodies. Everyone has different size breasts and they cant help it! Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard: being kicked out of school because your breasts are too big. Someone needs to sue this school.

by lms229 on 1/25/2013 12:46:25 PM

theyre all ridiculous. espeically #1. a girl is in trouble for having big breast? like thats her fault?

by girlivinginclouds on 1/25/2013 12:40:56 PM

Ridic thing #1 and #3 - that is mean to tell a sixth grader to either get plastic surgery or transfer and then to question a 5-year old for 3 hours and suspend her for an open threat with a bubbble gun.

by kee1kee on 1/25/2013 12:28:10 PM

It's not her fault that her breasts are larger than most 6th graders. These issues should so not be here. The hair I can kind of understand with it being the dress code, but when someone dyes it pink so support something then that should be OK. My dad told me about the bubblegum thing and I didn't believe him at first, but now I do!

by xJessieRoulettex on 1/25/2013 11:45:28 AM

Boob reduction surgery???????????????? Wtf that's a terrible thing to say I gotta show all my friends this

by Colie34720 on 1/25/2013 11:32:01 AM

I can't choose between the 1st and the last. 1~ That is cruel to tell to someone and that won't solve the problem. They're basically doing what society is trying to prevent.
Last~ Really? Who would report that!? That just makes me so angry. It's not even like she made it! She wasn't pointing it at people or threatening anyone, so why would she get in trouble!?

by rileytibbles on 1/25/2013 10:41:42 AM

My hair is pink- good thing the people at my school aren't WACKJOBS!

by puffinlover99 on 1/25/2013 10:25:34 AM

All of them where kinda over the top, but I think the worst was the first one! That is absolutely terrible. And honestly, what kind of choice is that. If your still growing, surgeries like that are dangerous, unecesarry and expensive!

by kenbon on 1/25/2013 9:31:01 AM

Oh my gosh..This is like insane. All of them are ridiculous! I actually live really close to one of these girls too. :o

by Chloe<3 on 1/25/2013 1:59:36 AM

The hair one I can see the schools point, if it's in the dress code she shouldn't have died her hair. Telling her to go home is a bit extreme, but especially considering gangs, I get it. The gun threats are ridiculous, but the one about breast reduction surgery is cruel and stupid.

by dragonsrox1000 on 1/25/2013 1:10:19 AM

They all are absolutely rediculous but i think #1 and #3 are most crazy!

by hmeyer on 1/25/2013 1:09:57 AM

Ridic thing #3:we're taking your bubble gun threat seriously. Really three hours of questioning.wow sad.

by emmacd on 1/25/2013 12:58:27 AM

Ridic thing #1: Big boobs? Time for breast reduction surgery, sweetie gets my vote for Most Ridiculous Thing of the Week.

by otter77 on 1/25/2013 12:19:15 AM