1 HOURS AGO #FangirlAlert! We saw @TheVampsband & @AustinMahone and it was AMAZING: http://t.co/VudYOXE2oU

2 HOURS AGO #DIY bejeweled letter that will make your room **sparkle** http://t.co/YPRKZCSyIk

3 HOURS AGO If you have food allergies, then you know the struggle is real: http://t.co/nO9df9R6Au

COMMENTS

The one move you need for rock-hard abs

Top trainer Kelly Borowiec created a just-for-GL cardio workout that's a total fat blaster for our Feb/March '13 issue. Grab it now on newsstands for...

ModModMod
Umm. Hi, It always seems that I am hungry, and I can never get enough to eat. I am a vegetarian (by choice).
Also, I recently lost 10 pounds and now I can seriously count all of my ribs and back bones. I do not have any eating disorders or anything. Do you know a cause this?
Thanks,
Emily

Maybe you're not eating enough. Since you're a vegetarian, you need extra protein that you're not getting from meat, this lack of protein may be why you are always hungry. Try eating protein bars and eggs!

mailyse f.

by Codename-Horse on 4/8/2013 1:36:48 PM

I'm generally really skinny, high metabolism, but the excersize I do isn't really good for building stomach muscles so I have no definition there, just skin and fat. I don't want to lose weight, but I want to look good in my swimsuit. What should I do to build muscle but not lose weight?

by abbymae111 on 3/27/2013 11:05:58 AM

Is there any way that i can i have bikini ready body in 10 days, instead of 30. were leaving soon and my sister has abs! i wish i was as skinny as her. But i don't so any tips??

by jojony96 on 3/9/2013 8:08:20 PM

By this summer,I want to look good.There is always advice about how to get rock hard abs, but I need advice on how to get slimmer thighs. HELP!!!

Hey girlie, for slimmer thighs squats and leg lifts are a good place to start. If you search YouTube or Pinterest for thigh workouts you'll find tons of great moves and workouts that will give you slimmer thighs by summer.

Lauren T.

by opasarahstyle on 2/24/2013 6:09:45 PM

I really want to get into a bakini this summer. I have broad built so I'm kinda on the bigger side i guess you can say. Any ways that I can drop weight before summer? How often should I work out? And should I do more cardio or lifting? Any foods that I should stay away from?
Thanks!

Hey girlie, definitely stick to more cardio. Cardio will help you build muscle and burn more fat. Start out slowly, working out 3 times a week and build up from that when you feel comfortable with it. Stay away from sweets and junk food. A treat every now and then is okay, but it's a problem if you're eating them regularly.

Lauren T.

by Live2sing on 2/17/2013 8:19:00 PM

MOD!!! MOD!!!
Will this help you lose weight if you're overweight?

hey girl! while this move will help strengthen and build core muscles, it will not have much of an effect on your weight. to shed (a healthy amount of) pounds, you should eat healthy food (whole grains, lean protein like chicken/beans, plenty of fruit and veg) and exercise (both cardio AND strength). try browsing our Health & Fitness section for workout and food inspiration. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by sarahlovesbasketball17 on 2/13/2013 2:39:28 PM

okay. so im going on vacay for spring break. i think its the first week of april. but i REALLY just want to loose the extra stomache and thigh fat. any excercises/tips on how to do that?? i want my bod to be bikini ready by spring break!! please and thank you. :** xx

Hey girl! It sounds like your spring break is going to be super fun! The best way to work out that area of your bod is to keep consistent with your ab workout, make sure you're eating a balanced and healthy diet (lots of fruits and veggies!), and drink plenty of water. Good luck!
Florence N.

by theblondebrunette_ on 2/8/2013 3:58:13 AM

so will this abs workout also good for iyou have a muffin top

by GL4LIFE1 on 2/2/2013 7:35:20 PM

how long should you do this for each day?

Hey girlie,

This post says to do 19 reps per set, and I would try to do it at least 3 days a week.

Meghan D.

by ida_ghohestani on 1/31/2013 5:25:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD I really want to lose about 10 pounds quickly. My weight is making me insecure because I am a dancer. I am at the top of the healthy range, and I would feel much better if I was closer to the bottom. So in short, I would like to lose about ten pounds. Is there any healthy tips for losing this weight quickly? Its mostly in my stomach.

Hey girlie,

I would focus on living a healthy lifestyle and not on losing a certain amount of weight. If you're in the healthy range, you're fine! I would talk to a doctor or nutritionist about an exercise and eating plan that's right for you, because everyone is different, and healthy for you isn't the same as it might be for someone else, so don't be too hard on yourself! If you're dancing and staying active, that's awesome! Check out our workouts page for more exercise ideas: http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by freeflyer759 on 1/28/2013 6:51:00 PM

ok so my life is pretty busy. i have piano 2 times a week, one day i have lacrosse for 3 hours and i have hw and a life. I'm so busy. I wanna lose 20 pounds for around June. I already eat insanely healthy so eating healthier wouldn't work. what are some workouts that i can incorporate into my life

Hey girlie,

I would focus on living a healthy lifestyle and not on losing a certain amount of weight, but if you want to set a weight loss goal I would talk to a doctor or nutritionist for a plan that is right for you. Maybe you could run in the mornings before school or do some exercises indoors after you get home from your activities. Check out our workouts section for tons more ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by aleadawn on 1/28/2013 6:49:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok I am really in need to lose 20 pounds by summer, any good ways to do it?

Hey girlie, the best way to lose 20 pounds is dedication and hard work. Start eating better. You can do this by slowly phasing out sweets and junk food and adding more fruit and vegetables to your diet so it's not such a big change all at once. Start adding cardio to workout routine. It could be running, walking or even swimming. Anything that gets your heart rate up. If you workout and pay attention to what you're eating, the weight will start coming off.

Lauren T.

by ssunshine13 on 1/27/2013 5:36:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'm going on vacation in 2 months for spring break and I want to look good and feel confident in a bikini but the only problem is I have a little belly fat so do you have any tips on how to get a flat belly in 2 months?

Hey girl, no need to feel self conscious! What I do, is crunches and run! Running is actually the best way to lose that if it makes you uncomfy.

lauren r.

by osnapitzali on 1/27/2013 11:41:05 AM

Thanks Hannah H!!! I really wanted to know that it was OK to be different, because I will obviously be different, being a hypochondriac, an insomniac, atheist, AND some more... personal... things. Thanks again!!!

by Rey on 1/23/2013 7:02:30 PM

@neonroxursox

Thanks for the advice! My mom isn't THAT strict, wow. I'm allowed to get on the computer (obviously,) cut my hair, paint my nails, and wear jewelry, but I can't wear makeup. Until I'm 15. Like I said, I can't date until I'm 18, and even then I'll have to follow a million rules. Like never being alone, saving my first kiss for my wedding day, etc. SO I'm going to wait until I go to college or move away to date. And she has to approve the TV shows as well as movies that I watch, and I'm also not aloud to be really close with guys. Because she doesn't want a guy to develop feelings for me. But I am allowed to have a kind-or-sort-of (friend) relationship. So it's aggravating. And yeah, you're right. She found out about my twitter awhile ago, and I got in loads of trouble. So I don't go behind her back with stuff like that anymore. I learned my lesson. Thanks again, babe. xx

by graciegang on 1/23/2013 4:11:02 PM

@graciegang

Hey girl,
I know this huge family with a really strict mom too. They can't watch TV or certain Disney movies, only G rated. Can't go on any websites. The girls can only wear skirts and long sleeve shirts. They don't paint nails, wear jewelry, makeup or cut their hair. So the mom's pretty strict too. Maybe leave her a note saying you want to have a talk or go have a girls night. Talk about girly things, but make sure you show that you're mature. Go to the mall and point out some clothes you really like. Seeing how much you're into this stuff will make her think that yeah, you're a girl too and wanna have some fun. But remember that if she still won't let you wear the clothes of your choice, or anything like that, don't go behind her back and do these things anyway. If she finds out, she'll never trust you Frown

So, try to have fun with the things you are allowed to do. People have to understand that this is your lifestyle and need to respect it. Good luck! xoxo Smile

by neonroxursox on 1/22/2013 11:16:36 PM

MOD!!
So we were talking about religions today in History. The teacher asked if any of us were either Christian or Catholic, and I didn't raise my hand for either, because I believe in the science version of how the Earth and humans were made. So, does that make me agnostic, or atheist? My mum and sister know, because I was in the same room with them when I was talking to Mum about it. Also, how can I tell my friends, who are obviously Christian and Catholic, that I don't believe in God? I totally respect them with what I believe, but my thoughts and beliefs are important, too.

Hey Chica, it sounds like you're atheist. Agnostic is when you believe in a mixture of parts from certain religions while Atheists reject the idea of deities (any God). Religion isn't something that usually is talked about in day to day convo, so you don't always have to announce it to your friends, so to speak. Luckily, we live in a society when anybody is allowed to believe what they want, so it's okay if your friends ask you, or its brought up in class and you can speak your mind.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Rey on 1/22/2013 4:59:02 PM

Mod Hannah H.
Yes, she claims it's what God wants her to do. She says that the bible says you can't wear anything that shows your thighs, or you're naked in the sight of God. Though she "can't remember" where it's at in the bible. So when I try to talk to her about all her rules and things, she tells me that she's doing what God wants, and I need to respect that or I'll be in loads of trouble. And for getting closer with her, how do I do that? Sorry for so many questions.
Thanks!

Hey Girl, That's a really tough sitch because you can't argue with her over her beliefs. A lot of people all over the world and in different religions believe that. I'm sorry that I can't help you more with that. But if you want to become closer with her, you can do just about anything as long as your together and talking. What about a movie you want to see? Ask her if she wants to go. Talk to her about school, what you're learning, and your classmates. Or go shopping and get your nails done. Nothing is better for mother-daughter bonding than a girls' night.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by graciegang on 1/22/2013 4:33:14 PM

Hey girls! Please check out the club:

"Fashion, Hair and more! Oh my!"

If you love giving out advice, or need some, on fashion, hair, makeup, nails, skin, anything,all members are here to help at this club! I have positions like VP, Beauty Babe, Fashionista and more open that i'd love to fill! See you there!

Thanks <3

by karasinski on 1/22/2013 3:59:42 PM

Mod
My mom is so strict. She won't let me do anything. The only way I can ever do anything is if I lie. Or just don't mention it. For instance, she would kill me if she knew what the books I read were about. It's not even that they're bad, there's nothing wrong with them. She's so strict, nobody even wants to be my friend. I have one. And I'm pretty sure the only reason she is my friend is because she feels sorry for me. It took me the longest time for her to even let me wear pants. She doesn't want guys to find me attractive, because she doesn't want me to lose my virginity. She doesn't even know that I know what virginity is. She tries to shelter me from everything. Even though she lets me wear pants, I can't wear short. Unless they reach my knee. I can't wear ANYTHING above that.And I live in Texas,it's over 100F through the whole summer. What am I supposed to do? I can't deal with this any longer. I've tried everything, but her opinions won't change.Help me, please!

Hey Girl, it's hard when Moms are strict. It might help if you were closer to her, if you talked more. These could be your mom's own ideas, but is your religion a part of it too? Explain to he what you're going through when you have a calm moment and you might be surprised how she will react. It might take a few times talking to her and compromise, but it's worth a shot.

Hannah H.
Hannah H.

by graciegang on 1/22/2013 3:59:10 PM

im sooo gunna try this hahah

by nazirah817 on 1/22/2013 3:48:07 PM