4 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

7 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

8 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

What makes a bud a bestie? Real girls tell all!

Sure, boys are great, but they can’t beat a good bestie. It doesn’t matter what ya call them—your best friend, your BFF, your sistah, your...

Oh. My. Word. I. Never. Get. Any. OF MY MOD QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

by Danerka on 6/12/2013 11:29:23 AM

MOD
I don't know what to do. I used to be super close with this girl and we would hang out all of the time. She just got over a fight with me and now has started a fight with one of our best friends. She is always telling me that its his fault and that she will never talk to him ever again. She also said that I shouldn't be friends with him anymore but I would rather be friends with him instead of her. what should I do?

Hey lizzierox, if you'd rather be friends with him, do it. And if she asks you about your decision, tell her the truth. Communication is key in any relationship, so let her know how her behavior has bothered you. She may not be aware of how rude she is acting. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by lizzierox on 6/4/2013 6:27:30 PM

Want some advice about boys, fashion, meanies, relationship and friendships? This the best place for it. I log in everyday and i will try to answer all ur questions.Please keep inviting people and i hope this club becomes a succesful one Smileit's great

by XpurplemermaidalexX on 5/30/2013 10:45:22 PM

MODMODMOD (I'm new here, is this how it works? Tong)
I like my best friends brother.
Help?
I know it's super cliche, and it's sounds like I'm making it up, but he's a super sweet guy! (Even sweeter than my BFF at times! XD) He's always kind, and I've been friends with him almost as long as her. It's been awhile since I told him, (he liked me back!! Laughing) and my BFF's cool with it. (She crack jokes about it and openly admits I'm with her brother to random people) but I'm afraid as he and I get more serious it will become more awkward.
Any advice?

Hey girlie- so I would def wait it out.  Your friendship with your BFF is way more important than trying to date her bro.  You should really think about the consequences of losing your BFF over this.  Unless, if you think she would be cool with it, then I'd say go for it!

Elizabeth K.

by AetherPuff on 5/26/2013 11:13:52 PM

There is this girl who i thought was my bff. She got into an argument with our other bestfriend and they said they werent friends anymore. When they weren't friends she stopped talking to me and stopped hanging out with me and acted like it was all my fault. so then they made up but she still doesnt talk to me as much and doesnt joke around with me as much as before. we dont even hang out anymore. idk if she still wants to be friends or not. i asked her if she hated me and she said no and that she would try to talk to me alot more. but she is talking to me LESS than before. Help!

Hey girlie, have a real conversation with her. Figure out what's bothering her and why she hasn't been paying so much attention to you. Explain to her that whatever she thinks is your fault isn't and see if you two can find a way to start over and be friends again.

Lauren T.

by orangutanluver101 on 5/5/2013 8:58:55 PM

me and my bff are no longere friends because she dumped me too be populer. But now she is spreading rumors and saying she never really liked me. should i confront her?

Hey girlie,

Ouch, I'm so sorry your former friend is saying those things! I think the best thing to do would be to be the bigger person and ignore her, because eventually those rumors will go away and people will forget about them. If it's a big problem, though, you could talk to a trusted adult like a parent or guidance counselor about how to deal with her at school. And try introducing yourself to some new girls in your class or clubs, because I'm sure there are tons of people who want to be friends with you! Smile

Meghan D.

by 513520cb on 4/13/2013 9:21:07 PM

ADVICE?
I moved and i'm going to visit my old school, where all my BFFs go. i'm really nervous. Should I show them how i've changed or come how I was before I left?

by MileyandSamantha on 3/25/2013 1:23:48 PM

This girl & I've been BFFS for 7 yrs.Lately,i`ve been embarrassed 2 be seen with her.The whole school hates her and calls her weird and annoying,cuz she is.She`s nosy, butting in on others' business,talking to everyone like they`re best frndz.She can ask anyone 4 anything,talk to anyone abt anything.She talks 2 much and embarrasses me in front of my new frndz.She doesnt let me talk 2 'em and drags me away.She cant keep any secrets and doesnt really care abt the way she looks.she acts too old 4 her age at times,and makes me feel uncomfortable.my 'rents think shes still the nice lil girl and ask me abt her.She also tries 2 be part of the popular crowd,and has no self respect.Ppl constantly tell her 2 get lost but she still sticks around.I am really diff.,sorta wellknown,whereas she's just a dork.I can't stand her anymore.She wont listen to me so i cant talk 2 her.What do i do?this whole business is shameful and awkward.i wanna get away but i dont wanna lose an ol' frnd.

Hey Chica, I know it's frustrating but the most important thing is making sure that you're still friendly. Even if you don't want to hang out often you still need to be nice. Instead of talking to her about changing her behavior, explain to your new friends that you can;t just ditch her.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by pinklilac on 3/12/2013 7:13:20 AM

MODMODMOD my bff and i have been growing apart ever since she started dating her boyfriend. She became friends with one of her bf's friends gf. So she is now kindda replacing me with her. I mean i love her to death she is my bffl but i dont think she wants to be friends anymore. I have never had many friends so when i lose one there is a huge impact on my life.How can i fix my friendship without hurting her feelings. Becaue sometimes i just want to scream at her Hello i am right here talk to me1

Hey girlie, talk to her about it. She might be doing it without realizing it, so you need to let her know that it hurts your feelings and make sure she's aware of what she's doing. If that doesn't change the way she's acting then she's not a true friend and it might be time for you to let her go.

Lauren T.

by brbsbranum on 3/11/2013 7:56:18 PM

Mod mod mod!!
I fence. Nobody at my school knows really what it is. I've told my BFF about not stereotyping, yet she continues to do it. We got into a fight over it. She tries to imitate it with our other BFF and she's always like "you don't have to pay attention" when our other friend tries to stand up for me. What can I do?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could invite them to one of your practices or matches! that way, they could see what it's all about and learn more about what you do so they'll be more informed next time Smile
Meghan D.

by fencerforever on 3/9/2013 12:35:01 AM

Hey, I need help with my BFF. We used to go to the same school, but I transfered to a diffrent school. We always busy and don't have a lot of time to just hang out. What should I do?

Hey Jlleona, be sure you two are still texting, calling and emailing each other. Look over your schedules and plan to go out ahead of time. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Jilleona on 3/8/2013 8:38:29 PM

STAY.
Hi, I need some advice. My friend used to go to our church's youhtgroup with me together and we would have a great time, But now she is having really bad family troubles and doesn't like coming to Youthgroup anymore. I haven't seen her in a long time and I'm worried for her, and when we text, she likes to jump of the church subject. What should I do?

Hey girl, when you talk with your friend, avoid subjects she clearly doesn't feel comfortable talking about.  You'll learn more about how she's doing.  She'll probs open up to you more.  Figure out a time to hang out outside of youth group.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Buckeyemike42 on 3/7/2013 9:43:49 AM

I spent less than an 3 hours with my best friend and I know I will be in a good mood for at least a week. Love that girl so much!!!!

by appleduck101 on 3/3/2013 11:46:31 PM

my friend we are besties but she never wants to come over shes always like come over to my house... or im busy then sorry idk y

by popgirl79 on 3/1/2013 3:30:16 PM

A good bestie to me is like my besti i have now, i can tell her ANYTHING and she tells me everything too, she also been by my side secine we have been besties she helped me with the breakup i went through with my ex bf, she is also every thing a bestie could be! Smile <3

by lovesoccergirl00000 on 2/25/2013 8:08:02 PM

I have this friend that I have know since kindergarten and we call each other best friends. We always hang out and eat lunch together but I don't know if we are true besties. We always run out of things to talk to and then we sit in awkward silence. I like her and she is nice. We get along good. We see each other at school and we are locker partners but we don't really hang out outside of school. I always feel kind of awkward and uncomfortable around her and she is always quiet around me. Is she a real friend? What should I do?

Being shy and awkward doesn't mean she's not a friend. It sounds to me like you guys are friends, maybe not best friends though. You can't really do anything about it unless you want her to be your best friend. If you do, try hanging out with her more outside of school.
mailyse f.

by TheRightAlice on 2/21/2013 11:39:09 PM

Mod MOd Mod!!
IN HIstory I sit with one of my friends and he came in and sat down. This girl who sits next to me said something like "i swear sometimes i think your gay" I laughed a little bcuz i thought she was just joking around. then she turned to me and said "dont u think?" and i said 'no bcuz i don't think of my friends like that.' and then he wouldn't talk to either of us, and he wouldn't even look at me. I feel really bad and have tried telling him im sorry and texting him but he won't answer. I don't even know what i did wrong. What should I do?

Hey girl, just give him some space then try talking to him again. He just needs a little bit to cool off.

lauren r.

by RosieM1 on 2/9/2013 9:05:15 AM

I agree with most of them but I really agree with Maggie, a friend is there through the good times and the bad. And guys are great but nothing can beat your BFF.

by fashionqn on 2/5/2013 1:44:03 PM

Let's call my friend A. A heard that I was talking crap about her and is now ignoring me. Another girl heard I was talking crap about A to the guy A likes because I want to make myuself look better. She said it's obvious I like him because I flirt with him all the time. I said I flirt with all my guyfriends. The problem is A is ignoring me. I feel betrayed because someone told her this when it's NOT true. Shouldn't a good friend ask me about it, not just tell me about it and give me the cold shoulder? I've had problems with A before. Should I stop being her friend, especially since there are obviously trust issues?

Hey! Just talk to A, you guys seem to have communication problems, so I bet as soon as you both talk this out you'll be friends again. and if not, than at least you will have tried. good luck!

Helen S.

by puella94 on 1/26/2013 12:25:51 PM

A good friend says lol a best friend really means it.

by bosarahe on 1/22/2013 11:08:28 PM

I wish I had at least a good friend.

by transform2314 on 1/22/2013 10:44:44 PM

I love this article! I think a best friend is someone who accepts you, helps you through an forgives you for your mistakes. They are like your light house in a crowd and (from the article) you love them more than they'll ever know!

by Chick987 on 1/22/2013 10:20:19 PM

Hey girls!
I can answer all your friend questions and give you advice! Just check out my advice queen page or just comment on my profile and I will answer you asap!!! I can also give advice on hair, makeup, fashion, nails, school and anything you want! I hope I can help!

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/22/2013 10:13:00 PM

"A friend is someone you can do nothing with, and enjoy it"

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you have forgotten how it goes."

"Everyone hears what you say, Friends listen to what you say, Best friends listen to what you don't say."

Thank you, Girls Life, for this great article!!! Smile Smile

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 1/22/2013 9:14:43 PM

A good friend will listen to you talk about certain things, but get feed up when you talk too much about your bf. A best friend won't care how much you talk about your bf, she'll actually want to know!

by 27jangirl on 1/22/2013 8:41:29 PM

A good friend is someone you can talk to and feel comfortable with, but a best friend is someone who loves you no matter what and who will always support you.

by supersingershannon on 1/22/2013 8:39:21 PM

A good friend is someone you could go to when you forgot your homework, or can go to the park with you. A best friend knows when you are happy, sad, or mad. They understand you. They know how you feel, they just GET IT. They know if you are going through a hard time, and they care. When something good happens to you, they are happy even when they are sad, and that's what you are there for. You make them feel better. You may disagree, but you will always find an agreement in the end. That's what a good friend is Smile

by jrprodigy12 on 1/22/2013 8:21:58 PM

"Sure, boys are great, but they can’t beat a good bestie."

Gotta disagree with you there, GL, since by best friend is a guy.

by ziirnn on 1/22/2013 7:16:03 PM

This is a quote: Strangers think im quiet, my friends think im outgoing, my best friends know im completely insane.
Another Quote: Friends don't let friends do stupid things alone, best friends do stupid things together(:

by nazirah817 on 1/22/2013 5:11:57 PM

I think a good friend is someone is who obviously your friend but your still getting to know. They treat you nicely, compliment you, and wants to be lab partners with you in science class. A best friend is someone you joke around with, tease, plan matching outfits, give long cuddly hugs, and have a sleepover with every weekend! Ya there's a big difference! Smile

by YouCanCallMeCat on 1/22/2013 4:32:08 PM