Bridget M.

is modding

10 MINUTES AGO The secret to making the perfect potato pancakes: http://t.co/KkKtFd0zZH

AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to take bobby pins just went from basic to classy: http://t.co/ZUm5Wvfg8W

2 HOURS AGO 5 adorable party dresses for plus-sized babes: http://t.co/JRPUNoYxjl

COMMENTS

Crush got ya confused? How to tell if he really likes you

There's this guy in my grade and he's really sweet to me. He would flirt with me a little sometimes, and I thought he liked me. Then...

MOD
So, I like this guy, and we're pretty good friends. My BFFs recently brought that out into the open. There is one final dance before the year ends, and he moves schools next year. Is it worth asking him to the dance, and if so, is there a way I can ask him without saying it face to face?

Hey girlie, you should absolutely ask him! Just ask him in person when you're hanging out one day. Be casual about it and ask him to go as friends if that makes you more comfortable.

Lauren T.

by fencerforever on 4/29/2013 8:21:00 PM

Okay, so there's this guy at my school. I really like him, but he's my bgf and I want to tell him that i like him, but at the same time I'm worried about ruining our friendship. What do I do????

Hey purplecupcake411, first prepare yourself for rejection. He may reject you simply because he doesn't want to ruin your friendship either. If he is interested in taking your relationship a step further, be sure you two promise to always remain friends no matter what happens. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by purplecupcake411 on 4/23/2013 6:30:50 PM

Boys are so confusing

by izzy1025 on 3/19/2013 8:34:55 PM

My crush and I are really close. My friend reckons he likes me, but I'm not sure. He sometimes walks with me to classes or the bus stop. We talk to each other if we can. He flirts with me and everything but he said he used to be a player. I still really like him, but I'm afraid he might go back to his old ways. I never thought he was a player since he is really nice and everything. Help?
Thank you so much!

Hey girlie,

If he's nice to you and you get along well, I would go with that instead of what other people say. Rumors are often not true, and it's more important that you rely on what you have experienced for yourself instead of on hearsay! But if he does anything mean to you, you definitely deserve better and should move on to someone who respects you 100%. Good luck girlie!

by PeculiarGurl on 3/17/2013 12:24:30 AM

so this guy asked me out last year, i didn't really like him but i said yes cause i felt bad if i said no. we broke up like 5 days late. I wasn't ready for a relationship. he then asked me out like 3 other times after that, i said yes cause i felt bad. but this year i think i'm ready for a bf and i have a full blown crush now. The problem is i think he may have moved on but there's other times i think he may still like me. So is there anyway to maybe get him to like me again or possibly ask me out again. thanks (p.s i'm shy so i'm not really that outgoing)

Hey girlie,

Even if you don't want to be mean, it's better to be honest with him up front than to lead a guy on by dating him! You can turn him down politely -- just say that you're not interested in a relationship or that you only want to be friends. That way, he can move on too, and you can talk to your crush if you want to Smile

by toribear101 on 3/15/2013 9:04:03 PM

MODDDDDDDDDD !
I really like this guy and he likes me too. We've been texting for about 3-4 weeks now but now hes been pretty busy with his family and he never has anytime to text me back. I was also a little worried he didnt like me anymore but im not sure about that. What should I do ?

Hey girlie,

As for it being awkward with his friend around, maybe you could introduce them to one of your friends so you could all hang out together! As for him not texting you back, maybe you could set a time to talk on the phone every few nights or talk more at school so that you have other options than just texting!

by kimmy_bear123 on 3/9/2013 9:28:04 PM

I have a crush on a grade 8 and im in grade 6 and he acts like he doesnt now who i am(but he does). I dont know if he likes me?????

by hockeygirlie44 on 3/7/2013 8:36:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Yesterday me, my mom, my brother, sister, my crush and his brother and sister along with his mom went to baby shower yesterday. He always stares at me and smiles at me alot. I'm really confused if he likes me or not. My mom said that his mom, him and my mom were talking to him. He hasn't been talking to me or making the first move, but he has been "accidently" bumping into me. My mom said that he said that he's super shy around girls he likes and he wants to talk to me but doesn't want my mom and his making fun of us. Does he like me or not?

Hey girl, the only way to know for sure if he likes you or not is to ask him.  If you're not ready to do that, then just get to know him better by talking with him.  Check out the GL ice breakers.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by craycraytata123 on 3/4/2013 10:15:34 AM

so there's this guy in my class and I have a HUGE crush on him. All of my friends think he likes me, but I'm not really sure. He's always really nice to me and he's always smiling when I'm around. He never swears in front of me and my friends said that every other word that comes out of his mouth is a swear word when I'm not around. The only problem my friends have with him is that he's sometimes full of himself. I've never seen it, but I heard it happens. My friends say that we would be really cute together. He doesn't know about me liking him as far as I know. My parents don't let me date anyway, but I at least want to know if he likes me back. Does he?

Hey girl, the only way to know for sure if he likes you is to ask him.  If you're not ready to do that, then just enjoy the flirtation game and check out these GL ice breakers.  Have fun!

Karin E.

by Bribri126 on 3/3/2013 10:53:46 PM

Mod mod mod
ok, son i like this really cute guy, and sometimes he talks to me and sometimes he doesnt. my sister says to ask him out, but should i? he is always making me laugh and is always talking to me. he always watches me, and sometimes he asks my friend about me (she told me). plz help!!!!

Hey girlie, keep flirting with him and talk to him as much as you can. If you feel like he might like you then ask him out! If he says no then at least you know and you can move on to someone even better.

Lauren T.

by lili-ana on 2/27/2013 8:48:03 PM

MOD
there are a lot of really nice guys in my classes. and they are all amazing for different reasons. and it seems they are all flirting with me. i don't want to lose any good friends but i'm not really attracted to them like that. what do i do?

Hey girlie,

I would just stay friends with them for now--if they don't say anything you don't have to do anything either. If one of them does ask you out, just say that you like spending time with them but that you just want to be friends for now. They'll understand, and it's better to be honest with them up front.

by september25 on 2/22/2013 10:18:32 PM

Hi, I'm 13 and I have this huge, as in MASSIVE crush on this guy. Weare like friends and we smile a lot when we talk to each other. I don't see him talking to any other girls. I have some boy-like interests and I'm afraid he only sees me like he sees his other guy friends. What should I do and how should I make myself more noticable? I also have a lot of pimples, is that a big turn off? How do I get rid of them?
Thank you.

Hey girl! I would wash your face consistently if you're worried about your pimples, and apply an over-the-counter spot treatment at night. Also remember to drink lots of water and try not to touch your face. As for your boy dilemma, try doing little subtle things to indicate to him that you might be interested in being more than just 'one of the guys'. If you've got a school dance coming up, go up and ask him. Sit with him at lunch. Hang out with him outside of school. You don't have to do anything over the top to get him to notice you; sometimes the little things work best. Good luck!
Florence N.

by PeculiarGurl on 2/22/2013 6:07:57 AM

Mod mod mod
How does he know if I like him. I try to flirt with him all the time! Does he know I like him or not? He always smile at me and talks to me in class because I sit behind in almost ever class. I sometimes catch him staring at me. I really want him to like me ❤❤❤what to I do? Are there any tips? Thanks

hey girl! try to drop hints by laughing at his jokes, touching him on the arm, leaning towards him, and smiling at him in the hallways. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by Kay333 on 2/20/2013 4:57:25 PM

so there is this guy in my grade and i really like him. at first i didn't think he liked me back. but now i'm not so sure. he always does silly/dumb things when i'm around him. and every day at lunch he sits beside me. me! not even his best friend! i'm pretty sure he knows that i like him. but does he like me or not?

Hey girlie,

It's hard to tell if he likes you or not, but maybe you could get to know him as friends more to see if he likes you! If you sit together at lunch, try talking to him about your classes, family or what you like to do. If he seems interested that is a good sign! You can also ask him about what he likes, too. Check out this article for more signs about whether or not a guy likes you! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/11/08/How-to-tell-if-he-likes-you-likes-you.aspx?cp=all

by kjcutie161 on 2/18/2013 8:07:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok, so there is this rly vute guy i like. My friends friend is a jerk. She sais that they r dating. i rly like this boy. My other friend has tried asking him what was up, and he said they were not dating! She said he got her so much stuff for vallintines day! She hates me! I have asked this guy out. He said no. I was ok with that at the time... now he keeps stairing at me and flirting with me! Before I asked him, out, one of my friends said he liked me. Now the girl he is supposidly dating is saying that they r going to slow dance soon! they said that they werent ready at the last party! they have been dating for almost 3 months!! in 7th grade thats like forever! He is rly cute and i rly like him. WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Hey girlie,

If you're not sure whether or not he's actually dating her, the only way to know for sure is to ask him yourself. If they are dating, you can't make a move while he has a girlfriend--would you want him to do that to you if you two were dating? So if they are dating, focus on your friends and family and school, and keep your eyes open for other, available guys you might not have noticed before! If they aren't dating, you could get to know him more as friends or ask him to dance with you next time you have a dance. Good luck chica!

by pieplover7 on 2/18/2013 6:04:58 PM

How come I didn't get an answer to my question?

Hey girlie,

I don't see any pending comments from your username, but if you repost your question I would be happy to answer. Thanks for visiting GirlsLife.com!

by animalsrock22 on 2/18/2013 5:50:25 PM

2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put your hand where you real heart is
YOUR CRUSH WILL ASK YOU OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!
5. This only works if you post this on your favorite GL article

by asomers555 on 2/15/2013 11:12:58 AM

so I have a HUGE crush on my bff's cousin, and he lives in CA, while I live in MI. my bff gave him my email, and now we email each other. In one email, I kind of just randomly told him that I had a crush on him, and he just asked if we could stop talking about it, and I said oh sorry sure. Was that not a good move? Does that mean he likes me he was just too nervous to say???

by animalsrock22 on 2/14/2013 10:00:56 PM

mod mod mod!!!
so there's this guy I have liked since last year and I really liked him, but he had a girl friend. so I didn't really do anything about it even though he would flirt with me in class. so the school year ended and the summer rolled around. I had total loss feels for him but when the school year came back and it grew later in the year I started liking him again. also just about 2 months ago I found out him and his girlfriend broke up. now that they broke up I have realized he has been a little more flirty with me and it helped that I sat either in front of him or behind him. Sadly a week ago our classes changed seats and I don't sit near him any more expected for in math class. I have been trying to get his attention but he doesn't seem to be noticing me as much as he did. so now I am completely confused weather or not if he likes me and weather or not I should tell him I like him also! please help me!!!!

Hey girlie, do your best to find ways to spend more time with him. Flirt with him and see if he's responding with more flirting. If he's not, he may have lost interest. But if he's flirty too then it's worth telling him how you feel.

Lauren T.

by djg7251 on 2/13/2013 5:07:26 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put your hand where you real heart is
YOUR CRUSH WILL ASK YOU OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!
5. This only works if you post this on your favorite GL article

by soccerbestie18 on 2/11/2013 4:53:03 PM

Me and my BGF have a lot of chemistry. We have hug out before and we flirt like crazy. Recently I have asked my mom if I could date him and she said no because im too young. I have turned down my flirting but its hard. Then, a few days ago I passed him in the hallway at shool and he didn't even look at me and he has been distant durring our convos. Is he trying to turn down the flirting like me or does he no longer like me? Please help

Hey girlie, it could be either. Talk to him about it. Just ask him what's up with him and why he's been more distant lately. You'll never know unless you ask!

Lauren T.

by Quietfriend1415 on 2/10/2013 8:23:07 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put your hand where you real heart is
YOUR CRUSH WILL ASK YOU OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!
5. This only works if you post this on your favorite GL article

by marshmellowHippos on 2/10/2013 1:43:38 AM

there is this guy that i have liked since the begining of the year..and he claimed to have liked me too. but then he went out with a girl from another school,and he also had a thing with some other girl. i finally moved after i realized every sweet thing he said to me was just him playing me. we actually became really good friends and he told me all his problems with his girlfriend and how he wanted to break up with her but doesnt know how to. (she wont let him break up with her) anyway he still doesnt know if they are broken up or not,but he says he is done with her(she treated him soo badly and was horrible to him sometimes)the other night he told me that he liked me again and idk if i should believe it or not. He has been very sweet to me lately and i asked him to the dance as friends and he said yes. and when we wnt over my friends house we even cuddled..but in the hallway whenever he sees the girl she comes up to us. what should i do?and what should i believe?

hey! Just be his friend and see what happens, if he starts being flaky or ignoring you, then you'll know he's not worth your time. good luck girl!

Helen S.

by peacenluv22 on 2/9/2013 1:25:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
So I am in a play at my high school and I am married to this junior. I'm only a freshman. Anyway, it was really awkward when we started doing scenes together, but now I feel like I like him. I don't know what to do, as I don't wanna make a fool of myself by flirting with. He always jokes around with me, but I just can't tell. Help!

Hey girl, there's nothing wrong with flirting. Go ahead and have fun!

lauren r.

by aleafofcool on 2/9/2013 8:24:55 AM

Mod mod mod!
I need help! I've liked the same guy for three years and he accidently found out that I like him! Ever since, he's been acting really weird around me, but sometimes I catch him staring at me. He barely ever talks to me anymore but talks to my friends. We used to be friends, but now he acts like he barely knows me. Should I give up hope for him?

Hey girlie,

If he found out that you like him, he'll make a move if he wants to go out with you since he knows how you feel. He might not be ready for a relationship right now or might not be interested, so it wouldn't hurt to keep your mind open to other crush possibilities! In the meantime, there's no harm in trying to rekindle your friendship and telling him that you want to stay friends no matter how he feels.

by honeychile11 on 2/8/2013 11:43:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
(response to Lynae P.)
We're not extremely close. I don't tell her everything about me, like things I tell my bestie. I text her, and I talk to her, but we aren't super tight. So, I'm not sure how would break the news of liking the same guy..
Thanks! Smile

Hey i<3 cake, it may be best that you tell her and you guys make a promise to each other to not go after a guy you both like. That way no one will get hurt and you'll still have your friendship. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by i<3cake on 2/8/2013 6:20:41 PM

help mee so i thought i liked this cute boy il call him tim well i have crushed/loved tim for over a year but now i think i like my guy friend ill call him mark well i told mark who i like and thats whne i felt like i started to like him he was really nice and whne i started to freak out he comforted mme and promised not to tell anyone. the only thing is im kinda embarrased to like him he isnt th ehottest boy but he is popular but whatabout tim im so confused

Hey soccerbestie18, we can't get rid of our feelings. It may be best to not tell him about your feelings, because you don't want something romantic to ruin your great friendship. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by soccerbestie18 on 2/8/2013 4:05:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I've liked this guy in some of my classes since school started this year, and I recently found out that one of my friends likes him as well. I'm not one to share my crushes with not-so-close friends, but I really want to ask him out or spend more time with him. I haven't told her that I like him, though (I don't trust her completely). I'm afraid she'll stop being my friend or do something to get back at me if I do go out with him. Help!
Thanks Smile

Hey I<3 cake, how would you describe your friendship with this girl? Are you just acquaintances? Kinda sorta friends? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by i<3cake on 2/8/2013 3:14:08 PM

Our school Valentines Day dance is coming up, and my friend is trying to get me to ask out my crush- who she used to like. She says it's just because she wants me to be happy. I'm not trying to accuse her of anything, it just seems weird to me. Does she really mean this or is there another motive?

hey! It sounds innocent enough to me. See if she starts acting strange or giving you any other reason to believe there's a hidden agenda. good luck!

Helen S.

by Vjazzy2000 on 2/7/2013 5:17:59 PM

Hey, well the big V-Day is coming, another day I'll be loveless. But I want to know how to do something with boys, Talk. I have no trouble talking to them with friends, but if I'm alone with ANY guy, wether I like him or not, It's just an awkward silence. I try to talk about sports then its over in a few seconds. I don't know what else to say. I talk a lot about me only because I can say anything that has to do with any topic, I try not to but it just seems when I try to listen to other people talk its just seconds passed and then it's silent. Like I can't talk about myself because I don't want to sound conceited so what do I talk about? You know?. I am already working on my talking trying to be slower and less talking, but I hate not knowing what to say on the spot with guys. Help Thanks.

Hey chica, take a deep breath and talk about anything that interests you at that moment.  If that doesn't work, then try asking the guy a question and get him to do some of the talking.  You can do it.  Check out GL's ice breakers page for more ideas of how to break the ice when you're interacting with boys.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 2/6/2013 1:18:59 AM

Hey jaydad! Here's some advice. Just be yourself. I know it sounds cheesy but its true. Don't let people change you and listen to your heart. If he doesn't like u, his lost. U rock! Plus wats the rush?

by Cupcakemonsterz on 2/5/2013 7:55:38 PM

My comments aren't showing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by fashionfreak802 on 2/3/2013 9:34:00 AM

Help! My self esteem is DROPPING FAST!!! No guys has EVER liked or crushed on me! I would say no, but least I would know someone LIKES me?!

Hey girlie,

Don't be so hard on yourself! Maybe guys aren't asking you out because they are intimidated by you! There will be someone in the future who likes you for who you are, so try to keep your head up until then. Focus your efforts on your relationships with your family and friends, and a relationship will come when it's the right time. There are plenty of amazing things about you, and the right guy will see all of them Smile

by mheigl on 2/2/2013 11:22:56 PM

Help! So, I'm in the 5th grade and I have a crush on a boy. I've known him sice kinder g., but problem is, his brother is my older sisters friend and he is my brothers friend and former fball teammate! If I ask him out, he'll get really shy like he always does around people. We have a game where the girls and boys have to capture each other. I'm really fast and the fastest of the girls and he's the fastst boy so we have to try to get each other. I've really gotten to know him when he went to my brothers bday party and I sort of have to hug him when I capture him. Well he squirms; so I have to do it some way. Anyway, how can I flirt with it not being obvious? Ps- everyone keeps saying he likes my friend because she's blond and got the lead in the school play. And that led to people saying she likes him which it it's obvious. I'm a brunette and everyone says the shorter blond haired blue eyed girls get all attention.

by jaydad910 on 2/2/2013 8:07:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've had a crush on this boy for three years and I found out last year that he liked me too. We used to text for hours almost every night and for Christmas he gave me a box of chocolate. At school he would wait at my locker and walk me to my classes. I haven't talked to him at all since the day before winter break. He talks to other girls sometimes and I don't know if he still likes me. Every night I check to see if he texted me or not. I don't know if he just doesn't like me anymore and is ignoring me or if his phone got taken away or what. Every time I think that maybe he doesn't like me I think about how he gave me chocolate and actually told me he loved me two months ago. I'm so confused...does he like me or not?

Hey! he probably does, but if he seems to be pulling away it may just mean he doesn't want anything exclusive and also just likes being your friend.

Helen S.

by takeabow on 2/2/2013 2:57:33 PM

My best friend and I have a crush on the same guy, and he knows, but he confuses me because one day he'll talk to me and hang out with me as much as possible(p.s I see him at school everyday and my beasties only sees him on Wednesday), but other days he won't talk to me and he will barely even look at me. It's confusing. Then on Wednesdays me, my beasties, and the boy we like all hang together at a church event. I think he flirts with us, (ya know, he winks and hugs us and teases a little too) but we can't tell if he really likes one of us r not, and if so who does he like?

Hey girlie,

Maybe he just doesn't want to get between you and your friend! If you both like him, maybe you could agree to both be happy for the other one no matter what happens because it isn't worth losing your friendship over a guy!

by sophijo on 2/1/2013 9:54:44 PM

wheres my comment? weird. MODMODMOD they arent showing up the comments!!!! What? Help!

Hey girlie,

I don't see any pending comments from your username, but if you resubmit I would be happy to answer your question!

by KatnissEverlark13 on 2/1/2013 9:29:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Mailyse f. Please!
Thanks so much! Now, I don't have a movie theater near me so that is out of the question. I do have a frozen pond near my house that other people don't really go to but would it be awkward for us to skate by ourselves? And when is a good time to invite him over to my house alone? He's hung out at my house before just with our other friends. Also, how should I ask him out? What exactly should I say? And valentines day is very soon, if we are dating by then, is there anything I should do for him for v day?

Hey girlie,

If you are going to the pond by yourself, make sure you're safe, maybe have an older sibling or an adult go with you! If you want him to come to your house, maybe you could invite him to have dinner with your fam and then watch a movie or play a game afterward. If you want to ask him out, maybe just ask if he wants to hang out sometime and then go from there! Depending on when you start dating, maybe you could give him a homemade card or candy for Valentine's Day Smile Good luck chica!

by kwr3000 on 2/1/2013 9:15:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!! i am bfless again for valentines day im so upset how do i get a bf and fast like 4days fast??? HELP THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!

Hey bethybooboo21, you can't get a bf in four days. Why not just make a friend or ask a boy you like to be your valentine. Are there any cuties you're crushing on? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by bethybooboo21 on 2/1/2013 4:42:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hi! So there is a guy I really like and I think he might like me back. I want to ask him out but I'm not sure what to do on the first date. Where should we go and how should I act? We're both in grade 8 and 14 years old Smile Thanks!!

If you feel like the date may be awkward, then you guys should go to the movies. If you feel like you guys would talk the whole time, then try dinner! Make sure you relax and act yourself, that is the most important thing during a date.
mailyse f.

by kwr3000 on 2/1/2013 7:36:48 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Last weekend this guy I like and I started texting. We were trying to see each other at a band banquet, but it never worked out bc so many people were there. So later he told me he bet I looked good even though he didnt see me, and then when my friend posted pictures on facebook he said I looked nice in my dress! I like him more than a friend, and i've dropped obvious hints, and he doesnt seem to be backing off. can guy friends compliment girl friends like that? how can i tell for sure if he likes me???????

It seems like he's really into you! You should talk about it with him...he probably feels the same way. Good luck!
mailyse f.

by dukes4life92 on 2/1/2013 2:03:31 AM

MOD!!!
So to go along with this article my crush has really gotten me confused. He flirts with me all the time. I tried getting his number but he has an iPod so he has one of those free apps. So I didnt get his number and he didn't get mine. My BFFL tells me he likes her. He texts her all the time. She doesn't like him though. She also said that he really liked me. I really don't have a clue. Is it possible that he likes a bunch of girls? Does he act like this to evry girl? Help me!!

Hey girlie, he could definitely like both of you. Try to get his number again and see if he texts you as much as he texts her.

Lauren T.

by Landeye101 on 1/30/2013 8:02:12 PM

Mod mod mod
I really like this guy, I asked him our last user and he said he wasn't ready for a girlfriend. Since then we have become pretty good friends. The past month or so he has been giving me really mixed signals, one day we talk a ton and the next not even a hi. This past weekend we were at a school event and hung out all day. I know I was using body language to show I liked him and I thought he was giving some back. Great right? Wrong! All this week at school he hasn't even said hi to me. I feel like has has been ignoring me but I think I catch him looking at me in English class. I'm not sure if I should talk to him about it right away, I kinda want to have fun texting combo to mane get some insight. What do you suggest I say over text mainly, and them what to say in person???

Hey girlie, maybe he's confused about what he wants. He might like you but still not be ready for a girlfriend. So just act normal and keep being friendly and not flirty.

Lauren T.

by divasa on 1/30/2013 5:56:11 PM

MODMODMODMOD
Okay, so there's a guy (isn't there always) and he's my best guy friend. He's really sweet to me, and is always there for me. We're pretty close, and we have a lot in common, and he knows that I like him. But lately he's been extra sweet. He's been responding to my texts (he's NOT a texter), he's been smiling at me a lot and I've caught him staring a few times. And Sunday night he sang this really sweet song (there were two other people in the room: a guy, and another girl who has a bf) and we locked eyes and it felt like he was singing to me. My friends think he lieks me, and I kind of do to. Am I overreacting? And if I'm not and he does like me, why wouldn't he just say so? Any Ideas? Thanks! SmileSmileSmile

Hey girlie, you're probably not overreacting. Especially if this is all new and he hasn't always done these things. Just give him some time to tell you and make sure that you're being extra sweet and flirty to let him know that you're still interested.

Lauren T.

by rebecca18 on 1/30/2013 5:10:19 PM

I've tried to post a comment TWICE over the past four days and it doesn't get posted. Everyone else's does, but not mine.

by rebecca18 on 1/30/2013 4:46:38 PM

Mod Mod Mod
There is this guy in my class and I really like him, problem is my bff likes him to.I cant tell if he has feelings for me or my bff. It would be wierd to ask him. We talk in school a lot. How do i know he likes me without asking him?
Thanks

hey girl! look for signs to see if he likes you. but try and remember that guys come and go, but girlfriends are forever Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by kay333 on 1/30/2013 2:03:31 PM

Ok so i like this boy since a year or so and i know he doesnt like me back and all my friends told me to stay away from him but i cant just stop liking him i know he says really bad things about me please help! How can I get over him? Thanks xx Smile

hey girl! it can be tough to get over a crush. but if he talks behind your back, he's not worth any of your precious time. say see-ya and throw your attention to a new hobby, sport, or activity. Take up yoga, explore your town, or sign up for baking classes. It'll give ya new stuff to think about!

xoxo

Katie L.

by Naomi_WordLeader on 1/30/2013 8:41:12 AM

I cant post a comment

by dukeballer88 on 1/29/2013 9:38:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So i really like this guy in my grade and in a few of my classes. But I'm not sure if he likes me. We talk briefly almost every day, Facebook message occasionally, and text sometimes, but he never texts me first. I've had bad experiences in the past with being to pushy/annoying/obvious to guys, so I don't want to push him away! There's one other semi-awkward problem- I'm a twin, and this guy is one of my bro's friends. I really like this guy, so I want to start a relationship if I can, but should I just drop it?
HELP!

Hey girl, no need to drop it yet if you don't want to.  You're right, it's probs worth being patient and trying to figure out if he likes you back before you let him know all about your crushin' feelings.  Check out some of these helpful ice breakers.  Hopefully your brother will help support you through it all, if and when he learns you like his friend.  Good luck, chica!

Karin E.

by dukeballer88 on 1/29/2013 9:32:19 PM

Hey mod, so there's this pretty cute guy at my school. He liked me last year but nothing came of it. I was really shy back then. But now I kinda got out of my shell. This guy is pretty popular. He played varsity football this year even though we're sophomores and he's really funny and smart. We're taking the same advanced classes, but not at the same time. He does TA for my health class. But...I'm known as the 'smart girl' in school. So since our friend groups don't really mix, I was wondering if there's another way for me to talk to him. Even if he doesn't like me any more, I just want to see what happens. Any advice?

Hey girl, check out GL's icebreaker articles such as: hints on how to ask him out and how to reel him in.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by cats-r-the-best on 1/28/2013 9:55:19 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!
Ok so I have a crush on this guy whose locker is just a few down from mine (let's call him nick). I'm friends with a few of his guy friends. The only problem is that I'm waaaay to shy to talk to him. I really want to get to know him because all his friends say that he's really cool, but also that he's really shy too, so he wouldn't make thr first move, even if he did like me.They also think that he may have a crush on someone else :/ what should I do to start a conversation with nick in the hallway without it seeming weird (seeing as how I've never spoken to him before)? Also, I don't have any classes with him at all this year :p

Hey girlie, just say hi or wave to him. Smile and be friendly. It won't be weird, he'll be flattered that you're being nice to him.

Lauren T.

by Directionerdd on 1/27/2013 7:18:39 PM

Theres this guy I like named Ben and we hang out together with friends and one time when I wad leaving he asked me if I was going to this big party on Friday and said bye and left then he made up an excuse or something to start texting me so we texted for awhile but when we got to the party he told his friend he really wanted to ask this girl to dance named Katie which isn't me to dance but then he said something like it would be to awkward and and sat with are knees and shoulders resting on each other...... So after this really long story my question is do you think I'm the girl he wanted to ask to dance?????? Sorry for it being soo long!!! Thanks

Hey girl, I definitely think its possible. I think you should keep talking to him to and see what happens!

lauren r.

by Reba22:22 on 1/27/2013 10:12:55 AM

I feel like I always attract older boys. And I like older guys more than the ones my age but Because I'm younger they assume they can take advantage of me. Ive been almost pressured into sexting around 4 times. Also they cheat on me or pressure me for other stuff. I want to find a nice guy that I'm attracted to. How do I stay away from the bad ones and find a good one? Thanks!

Hey girl, definitely stay away from those guys who are pressuring you to do things. Not okay! Just keep looking and hanging out with guys. The ones who begin to pressure you, just drop them and go on to the next best thing!

lauren r.

by cgirl751 on 1/27/2013 9:38:41 AM

Helloo everyone! Smile I have a club called Legit Boy Advice were you can ask questions and even give your own answers on peoples questions (as long as you are polite!). If you have any problems feel free to leave a comment on the club homepage. If you want a guys perspective leave your age in the comment because I actually have 5 brothers..Yes, 5! Each age group I am positive you have questions for! I will get back to every comment asap!

by Chloe<3 on 1/26/2013 7:14:18 PM

i read a scary story online and i was really scared. i told my BGF, cause nothing ever scares him, that i was freaking out. he told me to tell him the story so i did, and then HE was even more freaked out than i was, because he could totally relate to it. now i feel awful and he isnt the same!! i shouldve never told him it. what do i do???

by badatbasketball on 1/26/2013 7:05:11 PM

Hey girls! Come check out my advice queen page! I can answer any question you have about anything!!! Feel free to leave your question on my profile and I will answer you there too! I will reply asap! I hope I can help!

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/26/2013 5:55:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD there's this guy in my bio and art class that i REALLY like. we're into all the same things- music, art, honors classes, he even used to take self defense like i do now. anyways, he's a little bit more on the dorkier side, which i'm fine with but i feel like i'll get a lot of grief for it. right now i'm just working on being able to talk to him- i get really nervous. how can i work on not being so nervous? and how can we get closer? thanks!
PS- he kinda seems like the type of guy that doesn't date. how can i subtly find out if he does?

Hey! I think the biggest problem in trying to get a guy is thinking too much about dating before you get to know him. First of all, it makes you nervous and less prone to be yourself, which is exactly who you need to be in order to get close to this guy. So for now just think of him as a friend. say hi, ask him how his weekend was, talk about the music you're into, and then when you know eachother better you can find out how he feels about dating. good luck!

Helen S.

by karategirl78 on 1/26/2013 4:16:26 PM

i have a really big problem!!i want to move on my crush but i don't know how to move on from him!he used to give me signals that he likes me but not anymore -it makes feel that im invisible him.i dunno but i feel its the right time to move on.we are not teally close friends.yet i cant stop thinking about him!!any advice to help me completly move on from him for good? Frown

hey! basically, you will learn that time heals all wounds. If you just try to focus on yourself or friends for a while, you'll  think about him less with each day. good luck!

Helen S.

by Hot mess on 1/26/2013 2:03:07 PM

Hey girlies! Please check out my club:

"Fashion, Hair, and more! Oh my!"

If you need advice, or like giving advice about makeup, hair, fashion, nail art, and more, or you just want some new ideas this club is P-e-r-f-e-c-t for you! We have daily posts and positions open so check it out! I can't wait to see you there!

Thanks <3

by karasinski on 1/26/2013 11:11:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD, okay whenever I go too flirt with my bf he doesn't see it like ill play around with him and touch his hair but he gets annoyed... when I grab his arm to have a way to be closer to him he shoves me off, and we never kiss or hug never and I mean its not like you have to kiss when your in a relationship but it be nice if he showed he cared like hugging me when I'm upset or something, but when he flirts with me its more "Oh Monday ill flirt with you but tomorrow I don't like you cause you look ugly" sort a thing he even gave me a whole page letter saying how much he loves me but he's just too nervous to do anything (kissing,holding my hand)I'm so frustrated he says a lot of words but doesn't show it...what am I supposed to do if I really like him.

Hey girl, you should really just have a one on one. Ask him why he's acting that way!

lauren r.

by mozilla10 on 1/26/2013 10:33:12 AM

Ok so my sisters finances brother
Is going to walk down the isle with me at their wedding next may I also have to dance with him it makes me very NERVOUS because I hardly ever see him
Also he really doesn't talk to me when I do see him I'll talk to everyone else but me
One time when I was saying bye he like scratched his neck and was like umm... I think
I'm being dramatic but anyway even the wedding is next may I'm
Still nervous please help I'm nervous what happens
If he doesn't like me and doesn't want to dance with me

Hey girl, you probably just make HIM nervous. Show some confidence, lead the way! Don't let him make you nervous. - Just go with the flow at the wedding. Have fun, and just concentrate on that, not the fiances brother. Smile

lauren r.

by redvelvetluv on 1/26/2013 9:42:43 AM

Hey GL chicas! Check out my club, It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! We have advice for any fashion/beauty sitch. Please check it out girlies! <3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 1/26/2013 9:38:30 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Im really scared! In my math class my teacher always accuses me and my friend of "talking and playing" we don't. In front of us two girls shove, push, bicker, laugh and talk really loudly even in front of her face. She never even talks to them about it but if my friend asks for a pencil she says stop talking. Im scared that on my report card i'll get a bad grade for behavior. I don't get in trouble for "talking" In any other class because I don't! What do I do?

Hey girl, talk to your teachers about changing seats or how you two aren't really talking and she's mistaking it for another two girls. She'll understand and be more accepting if you talk to her personally.

lauren r.

by zebranista<3 on 1/26/2013 9:30:10 AM

Thanks for clearing it up, GL! I'm dealing with the same scenario and now when Monday rolls around I'll have a heart to heart with him.

by chocolateworld12 on 1/26/2013 7:15:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
okay, so ive had a crush on this guy for awhile and he loves to "annoy" me by tapping my shoulder or just making noise behind me in class but at lunch when we hang out with our group hes always talking to me and smiling and constantly touching (like leaning into eachother or just having our arms or legs touch). the other day my friend was with im at her boyfriends wrestling match and asked him if he liked me cuz he's always "flirting" with me and he said no and looked at the ground with a huge smile on his face and wouldnt meet her eye after that...do you think he does like me but didnt want to tell my bff cuz he knew she'd tell me? what should i do...?

Hey girl, I think it's definitely possible he's into you. That is a lot of flirting behavior! Just keep on flirting! I'm sure the information will slip soon!

lauren r.