5 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

8 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

9 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

10 body weight resistance moves to mix 'n' match

You don’t need a gym to tone up! Body weight resistance workouts use what your mama gave ya—your bod, natch—to keep you in stellar shape...

MOD MOD MOD i am very out of shape and i recently decided to start eating more healthily and came up with a workout routine. i was wondering if i should work out every day. its not a very high intensity routine. (stretching, jogging, planks and push ups) thanks

Hey girlie! If you have the time, I would definitely try and maintain a daily workout - especially if it's not too strenuous. You don't want to push yourself too hard on the regular, but consistency is the best way to get results. Keep it to about 20-30 minutes max, and I think you should be fine.
Florence N.

by madisonave on 4/16/2013 9:03:39 PM

I really want to focus on getting a flatter stomach. I get a lot of exercise, but a lot of people say that losing weight is a combination of exercise and diet, and my mom does not approve of me dieting...what should I do? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You can eat healthy without "going on a diet"--try incorporating more fruits and veggies into what you eat, and offer to go grocery shopping with your parents or help make dinner so that you can suggest healthy options. You can also do situps and crunches for some awesome ab muscles!

Meghan D.

by believeyoucanfly on 2/18/2013 5:33:02 PM

II think I may be overweight. I'm not sure. My mass body index is normal, but when I go to stores, the pants that fit are a bit bigger than to my foot. Also, the people at my school are all skinny and I always feel fat. What should I do? Should I be worried?

Hey girlie,

Don't be so hard on yourself! A healthy weight is different for everyone, so try not to compare yourself to the other girls in your class. If you are worried about your weight and health, I would talk to your doctor next time you are there to make sure you're ok. Otherwise, try focusing more on living a healthy lifestyle (exercising and eating right) than on weight!

Meghan D.

by sohi105 on 2/17/2013 12:52:29 AM

I want to plan a sleepover with my 2 or 3 friends next week. The problem is my mom and dad thinks it's too much people. How do I convince them? Also, I have gotten a phone this year and my mom takes it away every morning and gives it to me right before I go to sleep. My mom says she'll give it back if I'm good for like 1 month, but c'mon- no one's perfect. Plus, every time I touch it to adjust something or just talk to my besties, she automatically thinks I've been on it for like 1 hour. How to I convince her to give it back to me?

Hey girlie,

If your parents think it's too many people, maybe you could have a sleepover with each of them over the next few weekends! And try to understand where your mom is coming from, she's only taking it away because she loves you! Maybe you could use it in front of her to show her you're being responsible. Otherwise, a month isn't too far away, so try to respect her rules! She will appreciate your maturity.

Meghan D.

by sohi105 on 2/17/2013 12:46:54 AM

I have an eliptical (I can't spell it right), and I want to use it 3-5 days a week (I'm going to work my days to 5) for 25-60 minutes, will I see some weight loss in a few weeks? I will cut back on junk food. Also, on my fitness test, I did these sit ups, but we put our hands on a mat and reach the end of the mat. It was hard and my arms felt sore after. How can I get better?

Hey girlie,

That sounds like a good workout--if you can, I would do the cardio for 45-60 minutes to get a great workout. I'm not sure if you'll see weight loss in just a few weeks, but try focusing on living a healthy lifestyle and not on losing weight, unless a doctor has suggested you lose weight (in which case they will help you develop an exercise and eating plan that's right for you). It's normal to be sore after doing situps, so if you do more of them you will build muscle and be less sore after!

Meghan D.

by sohi105 on 2/17/2013 12:23:29 AM

MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!!!
are there any workouts that make your butt look smaller and more fit???

Hey girlie,

Check out these articles for tips on toning your butt, and visit our workout page for tons more ideas Smile

Meghan D.

by -horselover- on 2/11/2013 5:40:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi i left a comment about like trying to turn the fat on my thighs to muscle and so the exercises that you gave me, how long should i do them for each day so that i can accomplish my goal in a month? THX!!!

Hey girl, the thing about gaining muscle is it's a process that takes a while. It's takes a lot of dedication. I'm not saying it's impossible to reach the goal in a month, you will definitely have some progress! I would say working out 30mins-1hour a day will help a lot!

lauren r.

by ida_ghohestani on 2/9/2013 12:01:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi well i do gymnastics and were having a show at school and we wear like uhhh what are they called again? I forget but the'r kinda like bathing suits, ya know? So anyways, i think i have fat thigh and so how do i like turn the fat to muscle in a month and how long per day should i do those exercises for? Also are there any fruits that make you loose or gain weight? THANK YOU!

Hey girlie,

All fruits and veggies are great for you, so I would try to incorporate more of them into your diet if you want to be healthier! Check out this article on our five fave toning moves: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/09/10/Five-Fave-Toning-Moves.aspx, and check out our workout page for tons more exercise ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx. Above all, though, it doesn't matter how you look, and I'm sure you will look great at your dance recital, so try to focus on learning your dances and that is what the crowd will focus on too Smile Good luck at the recital!

Meghan D.

by ida_ghohestani on 2/8/2013 9:27:57 PM

Thank you so much!!!

by jmy810 on 2/8/2013 11:00:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Hi!Okay,so I am already thinking about summer(even though we're due for a blizzard tommorow)My Question:I'm 4'11 and 93 pounds (and I have dancer's legs)What bathing suits will be good for my bod?
Thanks!!

Hey! I think all of these would looks so cute for your body type, especially the striped 1-piece Smile

Helen S.