12 HOURS AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

14 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

15 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

COMMENTS

10 romantic gestures guys love

It’s the curse of being a girl: We find ourselves insanely obsessing over romantic daydreams, especially for V-Day. Whimsical? Yes. Stupid? No way! But what about the...

MOD MOD MOD, Okay, I've tried telling my bf that I'm just as equally nervous as him to kiss him but honestly now I'm not that nervous on kissing him because now I'm just tired of trying too get him to kiss me. Whenever hes really close he might look away and he will have to back up because he's knees would start shaking!I think it's cute and all that hes nervous but every time i try he covers his mouth and sorta backs up from me, he said he really wants too but hes just nervous. We use to kiss all the time before we had the break up but when we got back together and i finally got back to trusting him he cant kiss me !?I Asked him what would help him feel better he just says "i don't know" Or i ask if it would make him feel better if i made the move he says no, i ask him will he get the courage too kiss me when hes prepared but he still cant, i know he likes me and we use too kiss all the time like i said but i don't know why hes nervous i ask but its still "IDK". what do u think HELP!

I think you should make a move since you feel comfortable. If he won't kiss back I think you have to end it

Helen S.

by mozilla10 on 3/30/2013 4:33:25 PM

This year I have gained a lot more guy friends and they are awesome! Even if im depressed, I would forget once they start joking around with me and they are very sweet. But I have a problem with determining if they are just playful or if they have a crush on me. I know one of them does and im crushing back but I dont know about the others. Is there any way I could find out if they have a crush on me without them knowing im wondering about it?

by Quietfriend1415 on 3/12/2013 6:24:06 PM

This year I have gained a lot more guy friends and they are awesome! Even if im depressed, I would forget once they start joking around with me and they are very nice. But I have a problem with determining if they are just playful or if they have a crush on me. I know one of them does and im crushing back but I dont know about the others. Is there any way I could find out if they have a crush on me without them knowing im wondering about it?

by Quietfriend1415 on 3/12/2013 6:16:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I think I'm breaking up with a guy, but i don't know! Like, i don't have a cellphone. He didn't mail me ever and i don't have a facebook and he's shy. My school is in India and if i hold his hand, people will gossip about it for a MONTH!
What to DOOOOO???

Hey girl, just talk to him and be yourself! No need to rush things. Invite him over or go on a double date somewhere do you don't have to worry about people talking.

lauren r.

by wierdlycool on 3/2/2013 7:59:45 AM

My former best guy friend now hates me - and I have no idea why.
In the beginning of this school year, everything was great. Then came homecoming. Apparently my friend had liked me for the longest time and asked me to the dance. I said "yes" - even though I absolutely loathe dancing.
After homecoming, I could tell my friend wanted to be in a relationship. I, on the other hand, did not. To tell him this indirectly, I would end our conversations quickly and would give him not-so-subtle friendzoning hints. Eventually he understood and found another girl that never leaves his side. They are dating now, and in the beginning I was happy for him (and me). Now, however, he's been completely ignoring me. If I say "hi" directly to his face he will not answer. I still don't want to be in a relationship (because I'm not the most mature 16-year-old), and I don't want to end his relationship. I just want my friend back, and I don't know what to do. Please help.

Hey girl, try to find a time to pull him aside and talk to him one-on-one.  Tell him how you feel and how you really want to be friends.  Have an honest conversation with him and hopefully you'll be able to work it out.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by NinjaSky on 2/18/2013 1:11:25 AM

Most guys I know like their shoulders rubbed, especially if they are active like in sports. So I know a way to a guys heart is through rubbing a part of his body like his shoulders and neck. That is my tip on romantic gestures that I think guys like.

by fashionqn on 2/4/2013 2:15:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so my boyfriend and I have been together for about a month now, and I feel like we've hit a weird spot. I've started overthinking things, and I'm always worried about embarassing him/having an awkward moment (because he can be pretty shy), and because of it I haven't been paying a lot of attention to him. I really really like him though, and I feel like he's noticed the change because he's started becoming kind of distant. How can I stop overthinking things and show him I really do care about him?

Hey girlie,

It's normal to be shy or to be nervous about your relationship, but don't let that stop you from having a good time together! If you both like each other, you don't need to be self-conscious, because embarrassing moments are just part of being human Smile Try doing something sweet for him for Valentine's Day to show you care, and don't worry about being embarrassed. Try to let your goofy and natural side show!

by privygurl123 on 2/4/2013 1:00:54 PM

MODMODMOD
Sorry for bugging, but when I went to the secure.girlslife.com page, and clicked on reports missing or damaged issues, they didn't have a button to explain my situation.
What do I do?

hey! all you need to do is enter your account info when you click report missing issues, then they can look at your subscription and see what might have happened.

Helen S.

by Jubijubi7 on 2/2/2013 4:48:43 PM

Hey girls! Come ask me for advice on my profile page! I can help with friends,makeup,hair,nails,school,life and anything you want! I will answer you asap! I hope I can help!

by cupcakecutie325 on 2/2/2013 3:08:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I met this boy at the begginning of the school year.We both had major crushes on eachother and everyone(including us)knew it, but he had a gf.He gave me his number and we started texting non-stop.We always talk about(what I think is deep)things like other people that like us and why he and his gf broke up(yay!).Whenever I text him first though and he wouldn't answer(and other times)I would get super mad and freak out.I am really over-reactive. After a little while of that I could tell he really wasn't crushin on me anymore.One day we were talking about our flaws.He said sometimes when we text I can get annoying, but he didn't say anything before because he didn't want to sound mean.I still like him and want him to like me back.We are still really close at school but don't really text anymore.What should I do? Thanks for the helpSmile

hey! something that I find can help with this kind of problem is really stopping to think before you say something. Are you choosing the right words? Do you really mean what you're saying or do you just want to hurt the other person because you feel upset? In times like those, instead of lashing out, just be honest and you'll get your feelings across without hurting the other person, or at least they'll understand why you're angry and not feel defensive. For example if you tell him, "hey, when you don't text me back it makes me feel like you don't care." He'll at least know where you're coming from. Good luck, girl!

Helen S.

by nortonsl on 2/2/2013 1:14:21 PM

MOD! i know toothpaste is supposed to reduce redness in pimples, but how long do i keep it on for?

Hey girlie,

I wouldn't use toothpaste on pimples because it can dry your skin out! I would use a face wash with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, and if that doesn't work you can talk to a doc or derm to get pro advice!

by rocketqueenxo on 2/1/2013 11:37:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Today was sadies and this guy I know said this to me (well something similar).....
Him: "Are you going to Sadies?"
Me: "No"
Him: "I wish you were, I am going to be bored and have no one to dance with..."
I ended up not going to sadies, but I was wondering if you think he likes me. I would have asked him to sadies earlier, but he had had a girlfriend till a few days before the dance. (She broke up w/ him); however, my friend thinks he likes me and I think he has liked me since the beginning of the year. I feel like he likes me and I was wondering what is a good way to get to know him better? Also, I want to do something small for all the people in the class that I have with him for V-day and I was thinking about adding something extra to his, but I'm not sure what to do for it. What do you think I should do?

Hey girlie,

It sounds like he might like you or at least want to get to know you better! Maybe you can dance with him next time Smile If you want to get to know him better maybe you could study together for school or start sitting with him at lunch! Maybe for his valentine you could add a personal touch like glitter or an extra piece of candy Smile

by Pugglegirl1008 on 2/1/2013 11:20:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I still haven't received my issue of GL February/March.
I usually would have recieved it 2 weeks ago, but this issue never came!
What's happening?

Hey girlie,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your subscription! You can contact our subscription department at secure.girlslife.com to see what's up. Thanks for subscribing to GL!

by Jubijubi7 on 2/1/2013 10:56:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD so i like this guy, and we're on pretty good terms of talking. we acknowledge each other, like today i saw him in the library and we smiled and waved. also, it's not weird if i go up and say hi. i like him a lot, and with valentine's day coming up, i'm kind of nervous. i know we can get closer but i don't know how. i guess i just keep trying to talk to him and find out more about him? also, would it be too harmful to have a friend drop hints to him? just to get us going? because if he likes me too then he's too shy to do anything about it also. thanks!!

Hey girlie,

If you already talk a lot, that's great! If you want to find out more about him, try eating lunch with him or talking to him after school and ask what he likes to read or watch, or what he likes to do after school. Maybe if you talked to him more you could get a better sense of whether or not he likes you before you start dropping hints to him!

by karategirl78 on 2/1/2013 10:37:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so i have never had a boy like me (like a DECENT one). Or had a boyfriend. Its not like im not popular or anything, i have friends and am in the middle of the social ladder, so why doesnt any guy like me? All the guys i like all like really popular girls and im sick of it. Also i have no guy friends!! Me and all the guys i talk to have more of a "lets annoy each other as much as possible" sort of relationship, not an actual friendship. How do i get more guy friends? Thx in advance Smile

Hey girlie,

Maybe guys are intimidated by you! There will be guys one day who see how awesome you are, trust me Smile Just be yourself and the right one will see your true beauty! If you want more guy friends, maybe you could start talking to guys in your class about schoolwork and study together. You could also start a casual conversation about movies or TV and go from there. Good luck chica, and don't be so hard on yourself!

by fashiondiva4 on 2/1/2013 10:32:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
is it normal for me to feel this way? im 15 and homeschooled lately iv been thinking about guys and having a boyfriend but its hard for me to meet guys since im homeschooled also when im out a lot of guys do stare and smile at me but im very shy so I get really nervous and hide my face in my phone or look the other way how can I not be so shy? also when I see other girls with boyfreinds I feel really sad and jelous I know life isint all about boys but this is how I feel

Hey girlie,

I think that is totally normal to be curious about guys! Don't let not having a boyfriend make you sad, though--there are tons of awesome things about being single, and you'll have a boyfriend when the time is right! Try focusing on school and your relationship with your friends and family--you have the rest of your life to date, so enjoy your friends and fam while you are around them!

by redvelvetluv on 2/1/2013 10:05:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
So, today I found out my crush likes me back. I was doing homework, and I saw a incoming call and it was him. When answered it, it was his bro. I said hi, and his bro said that his brother [my crush] likes me. I was so excited! He knows that I like him, because one of my close friends kinda in a way said so. Anyways, I'm gonna see him tomorrow. I don't know how to act because the last time, I just was like "oh hi" and that was it. How can I like get a convo starting. Other boys that are his friends kinda know I like him.... How can it not be awkward? Thanks! Please reply asap Smile

Hey girlie,

you could tell him that his brother told you he likes you, and then that will give him a chance to confirm it and talk to you about it! To get a convo starting maybe you could talk to him about school or TV or something else casual and then go from there Smile Good luck!

by neonroxursox on 2/1/2013 9:43:06 PM

Hey Girlies, Please check out my club;
"It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!!"
We post daily and answer all questions!!! We talk about; Clothes,Make-up,Nails,Hair,Skin-Care♥
Go to profile and you can find it there(:
<3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 2/1/2013 9:08:22 PM

by rocketqueenxo on 2/1/2013 9:04:38 PM

My enemy's birthday is in about 11 days. I was wondering what i should get him. Something inside-jokey.

Some Inside jokes (some are really you have to be there.)

It's always maple
Cats dont like spray bottles
Night and Day
You want the ball you can't have it.
White trash

by akaprincess on 2/1/2013 7:54:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE ANSWER!!!
What is a good way to tell my crush I like him? We are pretty good friends and we text a lot but i don't want to text him to tell him. Also, what are some good ideas for first dates? We don't have other friends who are dating so I don't think a double-date would work.

Hey girlie,

I think telling him in person would be better than texting him since this is so important! You could let him know that you still want to be friends no matter how he feels, and hopefully he will feel the same way about you! Maybe for a first date you could go to a movie or go bowling, or skating. Good luck and have fun! Smile

by kwr3000 on 2/1/2013 7:51:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Theres this guy that I reall like and he likes me too... we are both freshman and i would totally date him but theres one problem.....he has a brother whos 2 years older and im kinda freaked out by him....idk why but he just kinda scares me!!!! He also kinda bullies his brother(who i like) and so i know he would pick on us... what should I do... he invited me to do something with him tomorrow but his brother will also be there!!!
Thanks!

by Reba22:22 on 2/1/2013 7:31:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Thanks!

by Reba22:22 on 2/1/2013 7:30:42 PM

I like a guy who's a year older than me and I don't talk to him. What do I do? I really like this guy, more than I've ever liked anyone. Help!

Hey girlie,

If you haven't talked to him before, maybe you could start a casual conversation with him and get to know him as friends! You could do homework together or start talking about TV or movies and go from there Smile

by nhp00us on 2/1/2013 6:59:34 PM

I'm a college student and I think my professor has a crush on me. He's always staring at me and close to me and every time he or someone in the class makes a perverted joke, he blushes and looks at me and he teases me and tries to make me laugh. He also looks at my boobs and one time he was so close that I bumped into him and he said sorry and touched my back. Do you think he likes me? We have a lot in common. He grew up near the native anerican reservation that my family is from. And our zodiac signs are alike! Smile

by Nerdyprincessxo on 2/1/2013 6:55:38 PM

by Nerdyprincessxo on 2/1/2013 6:55:21 PM

My best guy friend i like him and i think he realizes that.It feels like he is trying to try a little more to say that he likes me but just cant say it.But today he came to talk to me after school he hugged me once then hugged me again.Then when my friend that knows both of us. she came over and asked what we were up to.He was like"Kissing haha just kidding" also we werent kissing lol but is there a possibility he likes me? that was the first time he ever joked about anything close to that.SO DOES HE PROBALLY LIKE ME?

Hey girlie,

It sounds like he might like you or might have been just kidding, it's hard to tell just from that! Check out this article for more tips on figuring out whether he likes you Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/11/08/How-to-tell-if-he-likes-you-likes-you.aspx?cp=all

by RebekahLove14 on 2/1/2013 6:39:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MODERATOR

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could start a casual conversation about school and then go from there! Once you are comfortable with each other as friends it will be easier to talk and text him.

by gigilove321 on 2/1/2013 6:17:03 PM

Hey Mod, what can I do for Valentines day for my BGF? I like him a lot, and he knows, and I think he likes me too, but he hasn't actually admitted to it. He's been kinda flirty lately, though. I don't have a lot of time or money, but I really want this Valentines Day to be special. Any ideas? (He's really into music, worship, baseball, and the Georgia Bulldogs)

Hey rebecca18, maybe buy him some chocolate (they're cheap at the dollar store) or burn him a cd with some of his fave songs. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by rebecca18 on 2/1/2013 5:54:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MODERATOR
So I have liked the same guy for about a year and he's really nice and I think he might like me too, or at least he used to. We are sophomores in a big high school and don't have any classes together, but I have a class with one of his friends, and his locker is right next to my best friends, so I see him every once in a while after school. How should I talk to him/start a conversation? I have his number I just think it'd be awkward to randomly text him. Thanks so much!

Hey gigilove321, next time you're with your friend and you see him at his locker say hey and ask how he's doing. Ask how his classes are going too. Each time you see him let the convo progress further. Once you're comfortable enough, maybe ask for his number again (just in case he forgot he gave it to you) or remind him you have it and ask if it's still the same, and then start texting. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by gigilove321 on 2/1/2013 5:43:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
What are some good date ideas for a first date? also what is a good way to ask a guy out? We're both 14 and in grade 8. THanks!

Hey kwr3000, you two could go to the arcade or movies or go skating. You can approach him face to face and ask what his plans for the weekend or send him a text and ask him out and put in a smiley face. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by kwr3000 on 2/1/2013 5:40:29 PM

Hey! Me and my BF have been together a while, but the thing is that we haven't met echothers parents yet. I don't know how it would work without being super awkward. We have seen eachother before I went to a football game a few months ago though, and we are in the same class at school. I don't know what to do!!! Thanks!!! >_<

Hey KenzieC84, you could have a big dinner date. Either invite him and his parents for dinner at your house or vice versa. That way everyone will meet everyone and eating food, will make it less awkward. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by KenzieC84 on 2/1/2013 5:08:07 PM

NEED GOOD ADVICE FAST? Go here: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 2/1/2013 5:07:07 PM

Tell him that you were wondering why his nose looked like that and now you know...you were confused.

mailyse f.

by sherlocked on 2/1/2013 4:30:48 PM

MODMODMOD!
BTW I'm the one who asked about what I should do when i see my crush cause my friend told him I like him..Smile thanks for that answer. But also, if he asks if i really do like him, what should I say? I feel like I should tell him the truth rather than being like "no. no i don't." but how do I say that yes I do while still being..."cute" not "creepy?"

If he asks, you should tell him the truth because he is obviously interested and you guys would be going no where is you just said no. It also shows you have a lot of guts and that you're not afraid!
mailyse f.

by WashingtonGirlie13 on 2/1/2013 4:21:24 PM

MOD MOD
Thanks mailyse f.

by redvelvetluv on 2/1/2013 4:15:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Today was the first time me and my old bff(we just drifted apart) had talked in awhile. When I came outside she was standing there. She asked me how I was and so on. When I went to say goodbye I knew she wanted me to say more so I said "bye, wait this is really awkward". She said it really is. She said she hadn't talked to me in forever. I told her that I've been in clubs and she said that it was good that i'm getting involved. Soon we just moved on to talking about school stuff. Then she was like im going to text u, which she didn't even really do when we were hanging out. I said ok sure. Then, I said goodbye and I went home. Is there any chance that she wants to be bff's again, do u think she misses me? Should I try to talk to her or just leave it alone?

It seems like she wants to catch up more and maybe be friends again. If she doesn't text you in a couple of days, maybe you should text her! She seems nervous!
mailyse f.

by zebranista<3 on 2/1/2013 4:05:11 PM

MOD MOD
What are some really cool ideas for a 13th bday party? I was thinking of having a dance party, but are there other cool ideas? I'm inviting the guy I like, and I want it to be an awesome time! Also, what should I wear?

A dance party is a good idea...other ideas are:

-bon fire party (you guys can make smores)

-movie night party

-make a pizza party
mailyse f.

by britishgurl on 2/1/2013 3:46:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
There's a sweet guy in some of my classes that really likes me. He's also very shy, but people keep coming up to me and asking me if I feel the same way. I don't, but I don't know how to respond when I get questioned!! I don't want to say no, because someone might tell him and I would hate that. and I don't say yes, because I don't feel the same! I get really red which makes things just awkward. Help!!! Thanks Smile

Maybe you should tell people that you don't know him well enough to answer the question!
mailyse f.

by i<3cake on 2/1/2013 3:42:46 PM

I really don't wanna be single this Valentine's Day. Me and the guy I like aren't total strangers, but we're not really good friends either. He likes to joke around with me and act flirty with me, but it's like he doesn't know how to communicate with me besides teasing me. It can get a bit awkward. Last week, I took it a bit further by saying "that's no way to talk to your crush". He didn't deny it. He didn't say anything. How can I get to know him better? How can I hint that I like him? Also, what are some funny things to say to a guy? I don't wanna be known as the serious girl! Would he find it weird if I just said on V-Day "C'mon dude. Just ask me out already!" if he starts acting flirty with me again? Thanksss Laughing

Try asking for his number so you guys can text! It seems like you're pretty funny from what you said to him. And i think your C'mom dude thing is a great idea!
mailyse f.

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 2/1/2013 3:41:33 PM

Mod mod mod
When my crush started flirting with me, I thought it was really sweet. He likes to find excuses to touch my hair and my face. He would always ask me if I'm coming to class. Then, one day, he asked me if I liked him. I liked another guy, and he knew that! I've always liked him, even when I liked the other guy. To be safe, I said no. He seemed disappointed. Then, he stroked my neck a week later like to say that there's no hard feelings. One day, because it was supposedly the "end of the world" I told him that I liked him on fb. He saw it and never said a thing. He now likes to joke around with me by locking me out of doors and calling me "ew". I'm ok with that, but I found out that he's really flirty with other girls, too. He posts "__ is the best" and I saw that he even commented on a girl's pic "wanna make out jk". I don't get it. Yesterday, his friend said "just do it", like it looked like he wanted him to ask me out. Should I like him, or is he just a player?

Maybe he's still upset that you said no a while ago and wants to get you back. He probably still likes you...maybe you should talk to him and find the real answer.
mailyse f.

by isabellec on 2/1/2013 3:30:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey Mod. My boyfriend just told me he doesn't feel much of a connection between us anymore. That things are just getting awkward. He said he still loves me to death and wants to make it work. What are some ways for us to reconnect?

You guys should try spending more time together. Rather than going to the movies, go out to dinner, where you can talk and connect more. Maybe he thinks it's awkward between you guys because you guys don't talk as much? Make sure to keep the conversation flowing! Good luck!
mailyse f.

by AquaMasquerade on 2/1/2013 3:04:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
is my icon cute? I keep thinking I should change it but I really like it

It's super cute!
mailyse f.

by redvelvetluv on 2/1/2013 12:56:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so...it turns out my crush goes to the same school as my friend. I asked my friend to tell him that I like him but now I'm kinda regretting it; it's gonna be SOO awkward when I see him next time!!! I guess the worst that could happen is he just totally avoids me but I am kind of starting to wish that I had just let it slide. I guess I want him to know, but....ya know. Well, since I can't exactly change anything since she's in school right now, probably going to tell him in about two hours, any tips on how to deal when I see him? Like if he asks me if I like him? I looked some stuff up if a guy asks that: one of the comebacks was like "What makes you think your so special?" :p I liked it but it didn't seem like something I would say. ? HELP!

Act yourself, that is the most important thing to do in this kind of situation. Rather than acting mean, maybe you should stay nice. Pretend as if your friend said nothing and continue acting like you used to with him.
mailyse f.