10 HOURS AGO Keep your white sneaks oh-so-fresh with these tips: http://t.co/MleytBzl7y pic.twitter.com/ei6mrVBhLo

11 HOURS AGO EXCLUSIVE: Get your princess on with @DisneyChannel this weekend!: http://t.co/P2QpInO51X pic.twitter.com/juRdmHQvIm

12 HOURS AGO EXCLUSIVE: 18-year-old author @caltabiano_anna talks writing, college and more: http://t.co/ihrsSLeD1B pic.twitter.com/0iC2OK9EnE

COMMENTS

See ya, junk food. Schools to start snacking smart

Last year, the USDA rewrote the book on school lunches to mixed reviews. What's up next? Snacks. If you're a fan of the bag of...

I like what louisianadiva is saying. They can change the school, but they can't change us. BUT, what if you get caught and they make a rule that you can't do that? Then what would we do? An idea just occurred to me. What if you bring sugary sweets in like your pencil box? If you don't have a clear box? And what if they send home a paper saying that we can't take any sugary things in lunch? YOU SEE?! They had this when they were little. Why take it from us? They are trying to ruin our lives! I DO NOT like this ONE bit! If you're with me, comment saying you agree with me! Come on we can't just let them ruin our lives!

by lovebeebs1 on 3/9/2013 6:18:50 AM

i mean seriously! that's like saying it's illegal to be obese. school food is already cardboard. but without sugar, i'd be better off eating rocks off the ground

by september25 on 2/22/2013 10:07:36 PM

I agree that obesity and overeating is a huge problem in the United States, but it's not the government's place to interfere with what we can and can't buy.

by bubbles344 on 2/11/2013 7:39:45 PM

Really? Buying snacks? Most of these kids have these things to get them through the day. I don't think stocking it with a bunch of bananas is going to help. I agree with @louisianadiva4435. They can just bring some snacks at home and eat it so that would be a waste. There are places right next to these schools they can buy from. I don't think this was really thought through.

by transform2314 on 2/9/2013 1:40:27 AM

thank god. there are way too many obese kids nowadays

by pussycat103 on 2/8/2013 5:23:06 PM

I definitley think that the rules have good intentions, but it won't work. There are simple solutions: you can just bring snacks from home. DUH. School lunches are bad enough as is. Don't make it worse. Seriously.

by louisianadiva4435 on 2/7/2013 8:47:14 PM

WHAT!!!!!!! That's so not fair! Plus, it wouldn't do any good anyway, like that one chick said. I mean, sure, why don't they put a limit on stuff you buy in school, like, "you can't spend more than $5 a day, blah blah blah". If they completely ban junk food from schools, no one is gonna be happy.

by Les on 2/7/2013 8:00:39 PM

I think these new rules have good intentions, but I don't agree with them. I don't think the government should be able to ban kids from buying certain things.

by supersingershannon on 2/7/2013 7:44:29 PM

Hey GL chickas! Check out my club, "It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!!" We have advice for any fashion/beauty sitch. Please check it out girlies! <3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 2/7/2013 7:36:10 PM