AN HOUR AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

4 HOURS AGO DIY lip scrubs we heart: http://t.co/lSqLTWrTyL

5 HOURS AGO 5 reasons to start meditating this second: http://t.co/yIKpxRHqTF

COMMENTS

12 do's and don'ts to win over your crush for V-Day

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and you’ve got your eye on a certain cutie this season. But how are you gonna win him over by the...

Is it wrong for a 13 year old and a 16 year old to date? really need to know

by neshell3 on 3/4/2013 6:02:50 PM

The day before valentines day at my school, these "Sweetheart Sacks" got delivered. I got three, and one was from my bgf, but the other two were from guys who like me. I like one of them, but he and the other guy who likes me are best friends. What do I do?

by GoldenWhite_sky on 2/16/2013 3:48:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So there's this guy I've known for awhile but have only recently started talking to. Now, I'm usually totally comfortable talking to guys, even when I like them, it just comes naturally. But with this guy, when I talk to him, I get all nervous and I blush and get butterflies in my stomach. This has never happened before with a guy. Now, the problem here is the age difference. He's a little over a year younger than me; he's 13 and I'm 14, and he's in the grade below mine. And another problem, a good friend of mine who is in his grade likes him too. But anyways, I have no idea what to think about all of this! Advice, please? Smile Thank youu!!!

Hey girlie,

It is totally normal to be nervous around a guy if you like him a lot, so try getting to know him as friends with casual conversations about school, etc. and you will get comfortable talking to him. Since you are in different grades, you could ask if anything funny happened in his classes or tell him about what you're learning. If one of your friends likes him too, though, I would talk to her before you make a move beyond friendship--do you want to risk losing your friendship with her for a chance at dating a guy? Try being honest with her and come up with a plan you both can agree to on what to do if he likes one of you. That way you can be happy for each other and not damage your friendship. Good luck!

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by glgirl1199 on 2/15/2013 11:02:38 PM

dang it what if its ur ex u want to ask and u r still close

by gamergirl1201 on 2/14/2013 10:38:33 PM

okay this was the question:So I have a crush on a guy, he is seriously one of the nicest people I've met, he's funny and he flirts with me all the time!But he is also really popular, but here's the weird thing, I have some classes where I talk to hum all he time and we are fine(he's in all my classes BTW), but in language arts and social studies, I feel really shy!Why is this?!Also normally when I crush on a guy I have next to no confidence and I pretty much just talk when I have to, but this time, I think I talk to him at least 5 times a day, when I don't have to.Why is this one so different? Also I'm not allowed to date till I'm 16, and I'm 12 right now.Should I just continue getting to know him? We're also going to the same high school most likely,, where my mom teaches.Please help as soon as you can!Thank you so much!Sorry this is kind of long

Hey Chica, There could be a several reasons why you chat with him in specific classes. Do you focus more in language arts and social studies? Do you prefer these classes? Do you sit on opposite sides of the room? It's okay not to be super chatty all the time, so dont worry about it. As for your Mom this link might help you out:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/09/23/overprotective-mom.aspx

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by auslly123 on 2/12/2013 3:45:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I posted the same questions on 2 articles and they never got posted!They're on "Crushin Hard?We're posting your love letters" and "should you chip in on your V-day date"please answer one of them !Thank you so much!I appreciate what you guys do so much!

Hey Girl, I'm not sure what your last question was, it could have been accidentally deleted. Please ask it again and someone will do their best to answer it.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by auslly123 on 2/12/2013 2:29:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Well I like this guy and he is super nice but he is nice to everyone. But we talk a lot and he smiles at me and teases me. (He is soooo ca-ute!) Do u think he likes me?

It's hard to tell, but he may be interested. The only real way to find out is asking him yourself. Maybe you can snag his number and start texting him! Good luck!
mailyse f.

by rachel9933 on 2/11/2013 4:55:34 PM

I have a crush on a boy,and we've known each other since around when we were newborns, but he lives about 150 miles away and i hardly ever see him. Starting this year, i am gonna try to see him every year when im at my grandmas house. but HELP! what am i going to do other than trying to see him. we both dont have fb accounts and i dont know about any other accounts. HELP!!

by sandyads on 2/10/2013 11:27:29 PM

So this guy told me that this other guy who is super nerdy and I don't like likes me. He was right. Of course I told my friends and they think he's gross. Which is basically what I think, even though that's kinda harsh. So now I don't know if I should just ignore it and continue doing what I was doing ( vaguely talking to him) or confront him about it. He knows i know and he's mad at the guy who told me. I don't know what I should do. Help please!Thanks.

Hey girlie, if you just keep what doing what you'd been doing then he'll get the hint. You don't want to confront him and make him feel bad about it.

Lauren T.

by 28angel99 on 2/10/2013 6:41:31 PM

My English teacher advised us to write a haiku.

by ginger42 on 2/10/2013 5:49:43 PM

My Bday is Vday!!!

by elyse.a.cooke on 2/10/2013 4:10:57 PM

Too bad my crush just got a girlfriend...
And she is a sweetheart
And he and i just started talking!

by Lll328 on 2/10/2013 12:38:58 PM

There is this guy I like and he is 14 all most 15 and i just turned 14 yesterday I like him a lot but we go to different schools but they are not far away and my friend likes him too but then my older brother and mom know him and they don't really like him but he is really sweet I don't know what to do PlEASE HELP!!

Hey girlie,

That's a lot of factors to take into consideration! If you and your friend both like him, you'll have to decide whether going for him is worth losing your friendship with her! Check out this article for some great tips on what to do if you and your friend like the same guy: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/02/Boy-or-bestie.aspx?cp=all .As for your fam, maybe you could invite him to your house for dinner so they could get to know him better!

Meghan D.

by chelsea04 on 2/10/2013 12:25:54 AM

MOD!
I sent my crush a ecard for vday:
Thank You.
It's nice to have a friend to share valentines day with. Smile
-Winter.
He didn't say anything, we live FAR away or I would have said so, was that 2 much, he don't know I like him.

Hey girlie,

I don't think that's too much since the card said that you were friends! Maybe he just hasn't seen it yet if he hasn't checked his email. I wouldn't worry about it, that sounds like a nice thing to do!

Meghan D.

by WinterK on 2/9/2013 11:33:15 PM

MODMODMOD!
Okay so my brother has this MEGA cute friend named zack. So it was like 11 o'clock at night I thought everyone was sleeping when I heard knocking on the door: (keep in mind I sleep with no pants on) so I had no idea what it was, I thought I was just imagining things. Then I went downstairs and lo and behold, my brother and zack looking at me in my underwear through the door! (Also I was wearing a pad, so they probably saw the flaps. What. The heck. ) and I hid behind my brother hockey bag for like 30 seconds leaving them in the -28C degree weather and could not DOI anything but stick a peace sign out where thu could see it. I rushed out opened the door and ran upstairs. I feel like a total moron!!!!!!!! Gahhhh!!!!!! How do I bounce back? (I'm also going to have to deal with him in the morning. Gosh I feel like such a loser!

Hey girlie,

Even though it seems embarrassing now, I'm sure they will forget about it in no time! Just play it cool and it will be old news before you know it Smile You didn't do anything wrong and neither did they, really, so there's nothing to worry about!

Meghan D.

by Indibrown10 on 2/9/2013 11:26:15 PM

oh gawd, i like my crush's facebook statuses a lot. only because he's a comedian!

by islandgirl23 on 2/9/2013 10:36:07 PM

MODERATOR
So today I was texting my crush (he knows I like him and according to another moderator on here he might like me too) and he was being really sweet so my friend wanted me to forward all the messages to her, but I acidently forwarded them to my crush. I tried to conver it up by saying "Haha sorry about that my mom wanted me to send her all my conversations and my phones glitching out so it sent it to the last 5 people I texted" and he hasn't answered back. My friend says im worrying about nothing but I don't want to seem like a stalker, if he asks about it what do I say? I'm worried he'll think I'm a freak Frown Please help me!

Hey girlie,

If he already knows you like him, it will probably be fine! I would just wait for him to text you first next time before you text him again. And if he asks you about it, you could just tell him the truth--honesty is always the best policy, and it would probably freak him out less to know that your friend saw his message than your mom! And next time you could just show the texts to your friend in person or read them to her so that doesn't happen again. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure he will forget about it!

Meghan D.

by Redkyffin on 2/9/2013 10:27:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So... I'm a very picky person when it comes to liking guys. But for some reason, I've been keeping an eye on 3 guys. That makes me seem like a BIG player. I don't wanna look desperate and hopeless. Btw, keep in mind that I've neve gone out with anyone. So what I'm really trying to say is, can you help me not like so many guys? There are things I like in that one specific person and then things I don't like. I usually just have one crush. But I don't know what's going on. So PLEASE HELP!

Hey girlie,

That doesn't make you seem like a player at all, and it definitely doesn't make you seem desperate or hopeless in the least! It is totally okay to be unsure of your feelings--you don't have to choose between your crushes as long as they are just crushes! Maybe you could get to know each of them as a friend and see which one you like spending time with. But it's okay to wait and not be sure until then, so don't be so hard on yourself!

Meghan D.

by megagirrl on 2/9/2013 10:12:27 PM

MODMODMOD!!!! My period hasn't started this month. The past two months it's been regular and on time. Is this normal to happen when it first starts?

Hey girlie,

It is totally normal to be irregular at first, so I wouldn't worry Smile

Meghan D.

by Hotchocolate808 on 2/9/2013 10:08:42 PM

Hey GL chicas! Check out my club,
"It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!!"
We have advice for any fashion/beauty sitch. Please check it out girlies! You can find it on my profile(:
<3 Fashion and Beauty Crew
btw you can also get boy help !!!

by nazirah817 on 2/9/2013 6:09:45 PM

Mod mod mod!
So my friend has an Instagram, but I don't. She was looking at my crush's page, and found his number! She gave it to me, but I don't know what to say when I text him! I don't want to sound creepy or anything. What should I say when I text him for the first time? Thanks!

Hey! maybe try asking him for his number first, even though you have it. That way he can tell you like him and it won't seem out of the blue

Helen S.

by turnonthemusic1 on 2/9/2013 4:01:57 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
So I really like this guy, but we don't talk much. I really want to go out with him but I'm not sure if he even knows I exist! How can I get him to notice me, and then like me enough to go out with me? We are both 14, if you could give me any answers that would be great. Also are there any ways to make me look cuter to get him to like me?
Thanks

Hey! as far as looks, don't think about it in terms of impressing him. The guy who is good enough for you will appreciate how beautiful you are no matter what. That's the truth. Just say hi and maybe ask how his weekend was sometime Smile

Helen S.

by Catlovley on 2/9/2013 3:34:01 PM

My best friend is a guy and His mom told my mom that he liked me as more than a friend last year and he still acts like he does. I really like him too. But he gets awkward and doesn't ever talk about his feelings. I have brought it up a few times but he refuses to talk about it. And he's too shy to ask me over to his house for dinner. And I decided to talk to this other guy instead of him at a basketball game and he got really jealous because the guy was poking me and then we didn't talk for two weeks and we were both miserable. Then we made up and we were happy again but he won't talk about it. What should I do??
Thanks Laughing

Hey! maybe just tell him you like him and see where it goes. maybe it can bring you guys closer together again?

Helen S.

by 12345Mellophone on 2/9/2013 3:30:51 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
I really like this guy but we don't really talk that much. How can I get him to like me? I always get nervous around him and blush, what are some ways I can get him to notice me?? I'm need answers fast, please.

Hey! just say hi and ask some questions like what kinds of music he likes. Questions keep conversations going, so just keep asking until things start to flow naturally Smile

Helen S.

by Catlovley on 2/9/2013 3:19:08 PM

MODERATOR MODERATOR MODERATOR
Ok, so I was texting my BGF and I told him who I like. Well turns out he was with him and he told him. Well my crush said that he thinks it's sweet that I like him and he gave me his number and we've been texting and he's used lots of smily faces. Well today there's been a death in my family and he's the only one of my friends who's caring and helping me through this. But the problem is he's a grade above me and we only have one class together. Does he like me? And if we went out how would I hang out with him? Please answer and sorry it's so long!! Thanks! Smile

hey!  Sounds like he might Smile just ask him to like chill with some friends, maybe get ice cream or see a movie?

Helen S.

by Redkyffin on 2/9/2013 2:50:46 PM

This article was really helpful. Thanks, GL! Smile I think I'm gonna talk to my crush on Monday and tell him that I don't have a Valentine for this year (even though he already knows that), and ask him if he'd like to fill that spot. <3

by purplerainn on 2/9/2013 2:14:53 PM

There is a guy that i really like and i know he likes me back. i really want to ask him out, and on valentines day I'm giving him 6 Hersey kisses. How should i ask him out? All my friends know i like him and he like me. What should I do? I really like him. PLEASE HELP!! sorry for the caps

Hey! just give him the candy and ask him if he wants to go see a movie sometime or something Smile

Helen S.

by gl300013 on 2/9/2013 2:13:07 PM

MODMODMODMOD
so last night I went to a school mixer dance and I danced with some guy I hadn't even met before well I have a thing with a guy I really like and he likes me should I tell him about grinding with this other guy?

Hey! I don't think you have to if you don't want to. if you're not dating him there's no harm in dancing with someone else Smile

Helen S.

by alaina978978 on 2/9/2013 2:09:26 PM

Hey ladies, it would mean so much to me if you could check out my club, Style Spy. It's all about fashion, makeup, hair, and style (duhh). You can find it on my profile and I promise you'll love it! Thanks! <3

by ACaseOfMistakenIdentity on 2/9/2013 1:28:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
What should i wea ron valentines day? Our school is having a dance (i think?) so if i turn out going i'll ob. be wearing a dress so i woudn't wanna wear a dress during the day too....and i really don't own skirts that are good for this time of year....i have nice wine colored jeggins....what could i wear on top?

hey! Maybe like a slouchy sweater would be cute with them or like a blouse and shorts over the leggings? good luck!

Helen S.

by Justmecheyenne on 2/9/2013 1:14:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really want to slim down for my vacation next week(where I will be in a swimsuit) and I can't use my leg. What can I do?

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by -strawberry13 on 2/9/2013 12:59:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
So my BGF/crush and I haven't been speaking for the past 2-3 weeks because he was ignoring me and would flirt with me,and then start flirting with other girls. I just started ignoring him and whenever he tried to talk to me I'd tell him to go away. Sometimes he acts all depressed and hardly talks to anybody but sometimes he's full of energy and it's really confusing. Anyways,I still have feelings for him,but because we haven't been talking,I can't just start flirting with him again out of the blue. I miss him and I want to be at least friends again,but I don't know what to do to start talking to him again? PLEASE HELP!

hey! I think you should tell him you want a fresh start. Yeah it seems kind of awkward, but honestly the best thing you can do is say something like "Look, I know we've been kind of ignoring each other lately, but I really do want to be friends. I'm sorry; can we maybe start fresh?" It seems daunting, but that's because it's the mature thing to do. You do risk him being a jerk and saying something like "What are you talking about?" but if he does that he's a jerk and not mature enough to admit he's wrong too. It's worth a try for the sake of your friendship though. I know you can do it!

Helen S.

by madmaddie911 on 2/9/2013 12:54:42 PM

Thanks! Sounds good to me Smile

by the_girl_in_goal on 2/9/2013 11:52:05 AM

Today, my annoying cousin is coming over. the thing is, my uncle and aunt aren't going to be at my house. last week when she came over, she was super annoying, she would try to slap me and call me names! (she's only 4!!!) we played wii, didn't work. printed coloring sheets, didn't work. let her play on the computer, didn't work!!!! I've run out of ideas of what to do with her. the thing is, my parents don't really want to go out to do something with her. I REALLLY need help! PLEASE HELP!!! -thanks

Hey girl, sorry to hear that! Try crafts. See what her favorite things are and work from there! Play the type of music she likes while doing a craft, or playing a certain game. Keep trying, don't give up just yet!

lauren r.

by Gabbyw123 on 2/9/2013 11:06:51 AM

MODMODMOD
I'm going to my boyfriend's hockey game today, and I have no idea what to wear! Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!

Hey girl, well its going to be cold so bundle up! Why don't you wear some of his team clothes like a sweatshirt to show support. If not, just wear skinny jeans, uggs and a cute sweatshirt!

lauren r.