1 HOURS AGO Fab up your life with the best beach bags on the block: http://t.co/YDS5Ulj8ik

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! Style up with a @joseeberhair flat iron: http://t.co/yUCoG5ztrA

3 HOURS AGO No time to tame your mane? Just bun it: http://t.co/p8ajs5UPn7

COMMENTS

Um, what? Tennessee considering Don't Say Gay bill for K-8 schools

Lawmakers in Tennessee are reconsidering a piece of legislation from last year that has been nicknamed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill. If passed, it would...

Doesn't that violate the First Amendment?

by PandaPeach on 8/7/2013 12:38:59 AM

but to you who completely support gays, it is techniclly a sin, still. But thats okay! Everyone sins and all sin is treated the same, even lying, stealing, abusing, and murder. THEY ARE ALL SEEN JUST AS BAD IN THE EYES OF GOD. Even being gay. But its okay!!!!

by emim88 on 5/24/2013 8:49:35 PM

okay. So im a christian, and i follow the bible. Sure, technically its a sin, but so is lying. So is stealing. So is making fun of others. But we do all those everyday. God treats all sin the same, so pretty much being gay is as bad as lying, which EVERYBODY does. plus, do you think gay people choose to think that way? NO! They don't control their feelings, just like we dont control ours. So calm down. And theres no need to contact parents! Most wouldnt want their parents to know quite yet!!!!

by emim88 on 5/24/2013 8:46:45 PM

There is NOTHING wrong with being gay or bi I don't know why girls on here
are like god doesn't like what your doing! um excuse me? God wouldn't want you judging people
I am for gay rights were NOT in 1902 anymore this 2013 my sister is a lesbian and has a really nice girlfriend and my moms brother who's my uncle is gay gay people are not sinners people that rape steal and murder are I'm serious it's disgusting how close minded people are
when I went to Dunkin Donuts with my sis and her GF this couple was starring at them
like they were from another planet god would be very upset if he heard people judging each other
and for people to say it's unhealthy is awful there's nothing wrong with it I'm serious I know people have there own believes but some things you should defiantly keep to your selfs
you girls do know there's les and bi users on here? how do you think they feel when they read comments like the ones your posting?

by redvelvetluv on 5/23/2013 10:07:53 PM

this is absolutely ridiculous. not letting kids talk about homosexuality or anything that isnt the sexual norm wont stop them from being lgbt, it will only make it harder and more confusing for them as they grow up unaware of what they might be and believing that being gay is wrong. if they turn out to be gay, queer, or trans they'll probably end up hating themselves. this wont help anyone. the only thing this will do is hurt people.

by dilquius on 5/14/2013 8:59:21 PM

This law would only confuse kids more, not stop it. They will think that if you don't discuss it, its not okay, and thats not true. It is basically saying it's not okay to be gay when it is. everyone should have equal rights, and that includes gay people.

by cityduck on 5/11/2013 12:09:51 PM

This is idiotic. I know that some people think that it's disgusting, but it's normal! some people are just like that. You can't control it. If some people say that it's against the Bible, think again! First, the bible says nothing explicitly against gayness. second, you also say that God created all, and that God doesn't make mistakes. Then, God created homosexuality, and it ISN'T a mistake. I know that it makes people uncomfortable to talk about it, and that's totally normal. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes, too. But being personally close to someone lesbian, I know that they're not messed up. They're normal people, just with a different point of view.

by jayjay927 on 4/10/2013 10:55:25 PM

Love. Has. No. Limits!!!!!!!!!!

by Fashionlover1313 on 3/29/2013 12:27:12 AM

This is ridiculous, outrageous and stupid. Seriously, LGBTQ kids and teens need to be supported, not repressed. Making a kid, tween or teen feel that their sexuality is wrong can destroy their self-esteem, not to mention lead to depression and even suicide. I am bi and if school officials found out and "intervened" in my life I would be mortified and furious! Don't pass the bill! Please! Okay, so think of it this way, people. If the homosexual or bisexual community was the majority and would oppress heterosexuals, how would they feel?! Walk in our shoes and you will know what it is like to be bullied and slandered for your sexuality. Get some empathy! Some people...*sigh*

by Invader Vazzimi on 3/10/2013 8:11:03 PM

I think this bill is disgusting. People fear what they don't understand, and preventing people from understanding that some people happen to not, or not exclusively, be heterosexual could potentially increase occurances of homophobic bullying. Being forcibly outed to your parents/guardians could also result in getting rejected or kicked out- as a part of the LGBTQ* community I know many people who have been kicked out of their homes for telling their parents that they're not straight.
For those who feel that homosexuality is a sin- not every Christian believes this, and on top of that, there are many people who believe in different gods or no god at all, and so it's unfair to make laws based on one religion.
Finally, to those who think being gay is a choice- next time you're at school, choose to be attracted to a girl. You can't? Exactly. You don't choose to be attracted to who you're attracted to, and you shouldn't be discriminated against because of it.

by The_Lorax on 3/8/2013 9:24:49 AM