1 HOURS AGO If you have food allergies, then you know the struggle is real: http://t.co/nO9df9R6Au

2 HOURS AGO Found: The best bangs for your face shape: http://t.co/qST9gEsIfs

3 HOURS AGO Go behind the scenes of this year's #GLfashbash: http://t.co/qDH8tnIGJi

COMMENTS

Um, what? Tennessee considering Don't Say Gay bill for K-8 schools

Lawmakers in Tennessee are reconsidering a piece of legislation from last year that has been nicknamed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill. If passed, it would...

I dont know, maybe they feel uncomfortable talking about sexuality in general with people who are in K through 8, maybe it isnt a gay or lesbian thing they just dont know how to talk to kids about sex. Its hard enough to learn about hetero sexuality, and maybe they think having to discuss gay male and lesbian female sexuality is also just tough. So maybe having to explain gay and lesbian sexual things and sexuality in general is just complicated for some people.

by fashionqn on 3/6/2013 11:02:30 PM

I'm 100% ok with homosexuals, I'm the kind of person that judges a person on their true personality, but this is kinda weird to me why would they keep teaching kids that being ur-self (if ur gay) is wrong and than do an intervention for it. I mean that's just mean, a lot like racism!!!!!

by glitzimani382 on 3/2/2013 1:35:39 PM

As I scrolled through the comments, it was so so so so so sad to see that 97% are for gay rights! :'(

by Ralinia on 2/28/2013 6:23:41 PM

Yes, god loves you just the same, but that does not mean he is happy with what you're doing or that u will be rewarded. What is this world coming to? :'( And no one is judging, we just don't agree with gays and bis 100%. And I'm not trying to be mean so please don't take it that way!!

by Ralinia on 2/28/2013 5:08:10 PM

That's like saying bisexual people are a sin! I'm bi and a lot of people judge but then get over it!

by Leopardbeat on 2/23/2013 10:36:26 PM

I think this is so stupid! being gay is not a sin
their brain washing the poor kids into thinking gay people are another species well their not! I honestly dont think god is going to hate you if you are gay lesbain bi whatever! he loves everyone the same your not going to get struck by thunder

by redvelvetluv on 2/23/2013 2:47:02 PM

I think the "intervention" part is just wrong. What you say to a counselor should STAY in that room unless they fear that your life might be on the line.
However, I do hear the word "gay" thrown around a lot. Like, "OMG, he's sooo gay". I think if they're gonna make a law about this, they should say that no kids are allowed to use the word gay in an insulting way. They can still say it but not as an insult.
Just a thought.

by XxTeddy_BearXx on 2/23/2013 9:42:37 AM

I would agree for maybe k-3 simply because of how young they are. they still believe cooties. after that this really doesn't apply. the students will hear about it at some point so why not have them properly educated about it?

by september25 on 2/22/2013 9:44:12 PM

school is supposed to be a place where children can be who they want to be. Denying people the right to be gay is taking away rights! We cannot be a perfect country! Being gay isnt wrong, its just people being who they want to be! Also what is to be interveined! It does not matter who you like or love! People are also supposed to love their children and excpet them for who they are. And what do they mean by authorities? It shouldnt be a crime to love, and what would the state be saying after years of telling us that being gay is okay if they made this law.

by hottie1250 on 2/22/2013 6:56:08 PM

What the heck?!?! The worst part of this to me is calling authorities to discuss "intervention." What needs to be intervened? Basically its like saying that you can't be anything but straight. And it won't confuse kids. Love is love, and anyone should be able to love anyone they want. I think that's important to teach kids, along with the fact that they can have their own opinion and mind about serious matters. I'm a 7th grader in TN and some of my best friends are lesbians and no one cares. Its your choice and if your uncomfortable with it then look away. Saying you like the same gender shouldn't be treated like admitting to using drugs or carrying a weapon.

by 28angel99 on 2/18/2013 3:06:28 PM