1 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

2 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

3 HOURS AGO 5 fab beauty uses for tea tree oil: http://t.co/IFbME5OIxt

COMMENTS

Um, what? Tennessee considering Don't Say Gay bill for K-8 schools

Lawmakers in Tennessee are reconsidering a piece of legislation from last year that has been nicknamed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill. If passed, it would...

This reminds me of the article in Health and Fitness section where the males in some states government werent allowing one of the female representatives to talk about or mention the word "vagina". I know its not exactly like it but somewhere they are trying to stop people from saying vagina (which more than half of the world has one) and now they are trying to stop people from discussing gay and lesbian stuff.
I could see why you wouldnt want some people talking explicitly about homosexuality because it goes where people may feel uncomfortable but I am not sure if a ban is a good idea. Maybe it is if they get into explicit stuff, because that has happened in some schools where they were showing certain sexual things, but most of us by now kind of know about those things.

by fashionqn on 2/14/2013 6:23:10 PM

That is so Offensive thats like telling the kids that being gay isint ok Meghan D.

by redvelvetluv on 2/12/2013 8:31:39 PM

Excuse me, I thought we were in the 21st century! Literally, at school today we watched a video about a man who was bulied because of his sexuality through all of his years in school. Then, after he ran away twice, he sued the school's pricipals and vice principals. Long stoy short, the school had told him that being gay ment he should expect to be bullied. Thankfully, he won the court case. Anyways, in my opinion, if a school is against bullying, it should be against all reasons. If a school says it's wrong to bully because of a person's skin color, the same school should say it's wrong to bully because of sexuality.

by Supersid on 2/12/2013 4:22:21 PM

teachers and the gov't should not be be involved in a person's sexuality. BY doing this they make people who are gay feel bad about it. If someone is gay, that's their choice. It's just the way they are. ANd by making them feel like being that way is wrong just hurts their self estteem becasue that's like saying their personality is wrong. The topic of an individual's sexuality should remain between them, their partner, their friends, and family.

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 2/12/2013 3:56:02 PM

First of all, by "intervention," they mean straight camp. For one of my friends (he's gay) it was two weeks of reading bible verses and basicly being bullied into being straight. He HATED it, and it did nothing for him, or any of the guys from there he kept in touch with. All it did was lower his self confidence. If the "intervention" doesnt work, then the school forces you into the closet. ("In the closet" means not showing or telling people of your sexuality for those that dont know)
Second, I don't think teachers should be discussing ANY type of sexuality, hetro or not. It could make the students feel uncomfortable or pressured to change.
Lastly, I am bisexual (only my closest friends know). I would not like for my teachers to know, because I am sure that altough they wouldnt mention it, they would either a) think of me as less of a person or b) give me special treatment. I dont NEED that special treatmemt!
Thank you for reading.

by Echosong on 2/12/2013 1:31:54 PM

MOD MDO MOD
What does giving someone the middle finger mean?

Hey Girl, giving somebody the middle finger is meant to be crude (offensive) and inappropriate.  I cannot tell you much more but that it isn't a nice gesture.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Justmecheyenne on 2/12/2013 1:21:19 PM

Join the Beliebers Stop the Haters Club to show your love for JB!

Find it in the new category!

by girlio93485 on 2/12/2013 11:13:50 AM

Say what?!?!? That's totally ridiculous. No matter WHAT your sexuality, everybody everywhere has been taught to love. How is this loving? How is this accepting? How is this kind? The short answer: it's not. It's unfair and very discriminating towards people who are just like everybody else. I don't think that there should even be any question about this- teachers and students shouldn't be allowed to think like that in school

by skiier123 on 2/12/2013 10:01:02 AM

Ok, I know this is an unpopular opinion on here, girls life is democratic. But I personally agree with these laws. Teachers should inform the parents if they think they're gay, parents should know whats going on in their kids life. Not overly, but that kind of thing... and I agree with the heterosexual only talking about thing to.

by beththebrave on 2/12/2013 12:35:07 AM

I think this is very scary that they are actually considering this because the idea that a child would basically have to go into therapy if they are gay is absolutely atrocious and makes me feel sick to my stomach.

by otter77 on 2/11/2013 8:47:13 PM