5 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

9 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

10 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

Um, what? Tennessee considering Don't Say Gay bill for K-8 schools

Lawmakers in Tennessee are reconsidering a piece of legislation from last year that has been nicknamed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill. If passed, it would...

I understand the part of not speaking of homosexuality. As long as they dont talk about heterosexuality, either. But telling the parents if they think that a kids gay, that the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. So the kids gay, why does that matter? It's not a disease, it's not a crime, it isnt bad, it's a life choice. If the srudent wants to tell their parents, they will. Telling the parents is so unfair, and a breech of confidentiality between the kid and the person at school.

by PandaLover0330 on 2/11/2013 8:42:46 PM

it's not like they're allowed to talk about religion with us either. it's only fair, i think.

I'm so glad I live in Tennessee Laughing

by raininghippos on 2/11/2013 7:55:45 PM

That is just incredibly offensive. I cannot believe they are even considering that. No matter if you're gay or straight, you should be loved. NOT outlawed or told you're illegal.

by believeyoucanfly on 2/11/2013 7:24:07 PM

hey girlies! Please check out my Club:

"Fashion, Hair, and more! Oh my!"

We talk fashion,hair, nails, skin, beauty, and more! Postions as "Fashionista" and "Beauty Babe" are also open.
Can't wait to see you there!

Thanks <3

by karasinski on 2/11/2013 7:24:01 PM

I live in Tennessee. I think that children have the right to decide their sexuality themselves, and I think that around 7th and 8th grade is when they really begin to figure out their view on a significant other. I believe schools need to discuss this issue with the children instead of basically making them live a sheltered life without knowing their options. I think children should be informed about homosexuality so that when they encounter someone who is homosexual they will not be entirely clueless about what that means. Meghan D.

by the_girl_in_goal on 2/11/2013 7:05:08 PM

by nazirah817 on 2/11/2013 6:35:32 PM

I think this is stupid. If kids don't want their parents knowing they are gay yet, then don't force them. It's not healthy. Also, in middle school we talked about gay marriage or other things involving homosexuality for class. Our health teacher was a lesbian, and she was one of the nicest people ever and a good teacher. Even in English when we had to write an essay about a controversial topics, lots of people did gay rights. One of my friends felt like he was weird and he felt different for a long time because he was shielded from what gay really way and he finally felt better because he knew what was 'off' about him all this time. If kids are shielded, then they'll never know. Kids shouldn't be kept from this stuff. Meghan D.

by Ari_luv on 2/11/2013 6:17:44 PM

That is so absurd. People can't help if they are gay. They are born that way. Meghan D.

by PandaPillowPet on 2/11/2013 6:14:48 PM

this is really messed up. being gay is a decision that involves one person and it is who they are. being gay is not something you should hide.

by sammyy99 on 2/11/2013 6:07:12 PM