5 HOURS AGO What to do when you have a cyber crush: http://t.co/WYtcyoAlTG

5 HOURS AGO RT @BronteASpida: Had so much fun 2Day best day of my summer @girlslifemag #FashionBash2014

8 HOURS AGO What kind of guy should you go for? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/OHtk0RLtVR

COMMENTS

How to fall in love with your least favorite class

No matter how awesome your electives are or how kooky your Shakespeare teacher is, we know there’s at least one black hole of boredom plopped...

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay, so in band class, I'm first chair clarinet. (Yay!) I LOVE playing my clarinet. So, my comcert is next week and I'm freaking out! I'm playing a 'Safe and Sound' solo. Whenever I get on stage for a band concert, my nerves take over. I forget how to play notes and I shake and mess up. Quite a bit. Please help! How can I get over my nerves? I've been told that I play the song beautifully and perfect. But I feel like I can't do that next week! Please help! How can I play just like I can at home?? Thanks! <3 (Sorry it's so long!) <33

Hey girlie, just keep practicing at home. If you know the solo by heart and it comes second nature to you then you can't mess it up on stage. Take a few deep breaths before you start to play and relax your muscles to fight off nerves.

Lauren T.

by Jaime98766 on 5/13/2013 7:43:34 PM

My best friend moved away a long time ago and my other besties are in another school (I see them in my swim team). I trying to find a group of friends that I'll click with, but there are only three classes/ groups of girls. There's the girls in my class, and they're sporty and kind of self-oriented. Then there's the laugh-a-lot, popular girls, and I tried being with them, and they're really nice, but we don't have that sort of chemistry. And finally, there's the mean, wannabe group, who is just NOT an option. I don't know what to do! I just want a group of okay friends! Help!

Hey girl, instead of choosing an overall group, try identifying nice, fun, respectful people you like and want to befriend.  Check out this helpful post: "How to make friends by lunch-- really!"  Instead of joining or keeping with a certain clique, go for individuals you think would be good friends.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by thedaydreamer on 4/1/2013 12:38:34 PM

Mod Mod Mod I am stuck taking Spanish my Sophmore and Junior year! The last time I took Spanish was in seventh grade!! It was a semester course and I got a C both quarters!!! If I ever decide to go to a four year college I need at least two years! How can I make sure that I do well and excel? Also I already turned in my scheduling for next year and I have chorus, gym and a half year study hall. But the problem is is that I feel that I really need a full year study hall! I always use it for homework,studying and finishing tests. My option is to drop chorus which I really love and take personal finance on the other half of gym. Then put a full yeat study hall in place of chorus. I don't know if personal finance would be too much work for my sophmore year. And if I dropped chorus I wouldn't really have a fun class! I don't know what to do! Please help! Thanks sooo much!

hey! does your school offer peer tutoring? If so i would highly recommend getting someone to tutor you in spanish. When I was in school I never wanted a tutor because I thought it would mean admitting that I was bad in a subject (math). Now I really wish I'd gotten one because I could have used the extra help, and there's nothing wrong with working through work with someone else's help. It can be so useful! Hmm tough call on the classes. From what you've told me i think you should take chorus and go with a half-year study hall. You still have 2 years left, why not take chorus? I would advise strongly that you take personal finance another year though. That was possibly the most important info I learned in school in terms of preparing for life after school. good luck!

Helen S.

by 15hayhay on 3/14/2013 3:38:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Me and my friend had this journal we swapped in between classes and my teacher took it up. And she READ IT. And I went to get my journal after school but she said its hers now and that she was going to decipher it and bring it to the assistant principal (who really likes me) and send copies home. I am so scared, I don't want to have to face the teacher I insulted and I feel terrible because she never did anything personally to me I'm new at my school and I was trying to fit in but I was mean and rude in the process.

Hey girl, even though it's tough, it's best to talk with the teacher you insulted.  If you don't feel comfortable apologizing in person, try writing her a hand-written note and then following up with her.  After you speak with her, you could also approach the assistant principal and ask for their help, after again apologizing for what you did.  Best of luck, chica.

Karin E.

by bluelagoon244 on 2/28/2013 7:32:34 AM

Take tons of notes!!! It makes you pay attention and think beyond what the subject and keeps you alert even in the most boring early morning classes!!!Smile

by summergirl5683 on 2/19/2013 9:23:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
so in the beginning of the school year i did really well in science and also in most of the second quarter. Its the third quarter and im doing horrible! I asked my teacher for extra credit and she said my grade was fine. I study but i cant remember the material when im in class. Any suggestions?

Hey girlie,

If you can't do extra credit, maybe you could ask your teacher for tips on how to remember the material better. She'll be impressed at your dedication! You could also try setting up a study group to see if that helps.

Meghan D.

by alison99 on 2/18/2013 8:48:56 PM

MOD I'm a freshmen in high school and there's a group of mean girls that I've known since elementary and they've always been soo mean and this year they've gotten meaner to me and I can't handle it anymore one of my friends already transferred because of them and I want to transfer too but my mom doesn't want me to. But I want to transfer sooo bad I don't want to have to deal with them for the rest of high school and see them get everything they want how can I convince her to let me transfer??

Hey girl, that's a tough sitch.  Sit down with your mom and calmly tell her how you feel and why you want to transfer.  If that doesn't work, ask her to help you improve your school life.  Identify ways to avoid the mean girls.  Talk with your adviser/counselor and see if you can take classes at different times than these girls.  Surround yourself with positive peers and friends.  You got this.  Best of luck, chica!

Karin E.

by FigureSkater08 on 2/18/2013 8:50:19 AM

Mod mod mod
My friend asked me to a sleepover at a hotel with 6 other girls. We would go to the mall near there (without parents) and then go back to the hotel for the rest of the night. The problem is that my mom won't let me go. She is always telling me to be more responsible, and she makes me do a lot of chores to prove it. But now she's telling me I'm not responsible enough to go with them. How can I convince her that I am responsible enough?

Hey girlie,

There's probably not enough time between now and the party to do anything too dramatic to show your responsibility, so maybe you could work out a compromise with your mom, like that you could go to the mall and the hotel but not spend the night, or that you could go if you checked in with her every few hours or if a parent was at the mall. You could also suggest that your mom talk to your friend's mom about safety while you're there so she will feel more comfortable with you going. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by C4ya on 2/15/2013 10:45:34 PM

Hey! Random question!! I'm reading all these stories and everyone's like: MOD MOD MOD!! Idk what MOD is!!! What is mod? And on the side it says,'Blah Blah is modding' Please tell me what it means!! Thnx

Hey Chica! I'm a Mod, it's short for moderator. If you have a question type MODMODMOD across the top and one of GL's moderators will answer you.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by rotfl:brbttyl:) on 2/14/2013 4:53:38 PM

OK, this is kinda a random question, but for science I need to make a homemade water gun. It needs to be powered with air pressure and water pressure. I'm looking for vids but they're all water bottles with holes in them. I need something more scientific. Any ideas. THX!

Hey Girl, sorry I can't help you. I've never made a water gun before.

Hannah H.