12 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

15 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

16 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

Help! If we're dating, why does he have another GF?

My crush and I have been hanging out a lot. We go to movies together where he insists on paying for our tickets, everyone at school asks...

Mods!!! In a few months, i will be going to overnight camp. There is always a dance and alot of girls get boyfriends. Last year at camp i asked out a guy because a (bad) friend told him i liked him. At the end, he just ended up ignoring me. How do i make sure this year isnt like last year?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could focus more on making friends than on finding a boyfriend and you will have more fun Smile If you were friends with some of the guys, you could get to know them casually, which would give you a better sense of whether or not they liked you. But no matter what happens, the best part is that you'll go back to school at the end of camp, so if something embarrassing happens it won't be the end of the world. Have fun!

Meghan D.

by zozoishappy on 3/22/2013 9:09:21 PM

Oh sweetie I;m so sorry guys can be like that,some even think that it's flirty.Guys don't understand us they don't know what we think when they act really into us.

by gracie02 on 3/14/2013 2:24:13 PM

Friday at school was terrible.Lets just say this RUMORS.As in that rumor people started saying that me and Shamar are dating and those people making name for us.It started today in FACS. Luther said hi Shamar lover.I said I don't like shamar. And he just kept on saying Shamar over and over.And Shamar knows how much I smile. That Is exactly what happened. Luther, Elijah,Jr., and Cassie r all in my FACS class. Elijah kept on calling me shiara and kamar.Jr called me Shamar and Cassie called me kamar all day today. When they kept on saying his name I grinned too much that they said that I was blushing.  At  lunch I was in line by Cassie and she told her guy friends that i blush or smile whenever they say his name. When the bell rang for encore 2 people asked me r u going out with Shamar or do u like Shamar.And called me all of those names. Ugh it made me soooooo mad.I pretty much ran to all of my classes today cause of that rumor.Shamar is my crush. I need help!

Hey girlie, just try to ignore them. They're doing this to get a reaction from you. So even though you can't help blushing, try not to smile when they say his name and don't even look at them. Just act like you can't even hear them.

Lauren T.

by keekee941 on 3/3/2013 5:15:33 PM

So my crush is moving this weekend any he didn't tell me that the court had decided. And I just found out yesterday afternoon so now I'm depressed. And yesterday after school around 3:40. (We go to the same after school activity) I was walking with him. Some boy said that I was mean. So I asked him who do you think is meaner me or Shamar ( my crush) he said me. I told him I take that as a compliment and thank you. Then Shamar said something. Then he hugged me and then somebody said ooo look at you two so I pushed him off of me but he still has girlfriend. So I don't know what to do cause he has looked at me a lot today,he has hugged me,and he is moving and I don't know what to do.

Hey girlie! I would just try and stay in touch with him as best you can. It's rough that he's moving, and his behavior today might be simply because he's upset about it and is going to miss you. It sounds like he needs a friend right now more than anything. Your friendship might develop into something more down the road, but I think for right now being there for him is the best thing you can do. Good luck!
Florence N.

by keekee941 on 2/27/2013 7:17:57 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
1.My best friend is mad at me cause I wont tell her who I like and she found out that my bgf and ex bf knew and she did not .its cause 2 years ago I lost my 2 month old bro and I have had a really hard time dealing with it.i wont tell her who i like cause last time i told her she laughed,is she my real friend or what what should i do help!2.when I lost my bro i crashed.and is the 5th grade I met issa who was my crush and my on and off bf.i told him everything I felt like we loved and understond each other.he moved in april 2012 to I think California I miss him deeply he is the one only guy that I talked to about personal stuff I cant contact him in any way cause I do not have his phone# how can I get over missing him.3.my mom and dad have been really stressed abut money and stuff and they are smoking again I an really worried help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could explain to her that the reason you were hesitant to tell her is because of the way she reacted before. She might not have realized she hurt you, and if you tell her (nicely) she might be nicer this time! If you can't call your other friend, maybe you could email him or find him on Facebook, or ask any mutual friends if they have his email address. As for your parents, I would talk to a guidance counselor or other trusted adult about what you're going through, and refer them to the links on this page: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx.

Meghan D.

by jadarocks2401 on 2/22/2013 10:34:46 PM

I just recently broke up with my boyfriend because we never saw each other, we never talked, and be ignored me. When we broke up he told people that he didn't care. Despite the bad things, I can't help but remember the good things. I miss him so much and I think the fact that he doesn't care just makes it worse. I'm not saying I want him back but i miss the amazing friendship we had before. I've tried reaching out to him and he doesn't answer, but he answers my friends and I don't want to communicate through other people. When I saw him in person he looked at me a lot but avoided me. I just miss him so much and I'm always upset and I'm not sure what to do.

Hey jacnic, it's normal you have these feelings. I'm sure he misses you too. You just have to allow yourself time to get over these emotions. Eventually, you'll be ready to move on. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by jacinc on 2/22/2013 7:20:22 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I'm 11 in sixth grade and I like my best guy friend. People at school think that we r dating or we make a good couple. But one day after school him and my friend were talking about me. I texted him what were u guys talking about and he said that he sorta likes me. I mean I like him but he is going out with someone else. He just broke up with his first girlfriend and now he is on his second girlfriend already. I really like him but I don't think it is safe for me to hang around him cause somebody started a rumor saying that we r dating but he has a girlfriend. And I just don't know what to do cause he seems like he likes me more than his own girlfriend?! I just don't know what to do

Hey keekee941, I wouldn't do anything until he breaks up with his girlfriend. You don't want to be the cause of any relationship drama. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by keekee941 on 2/22/2013 7:01:48 PM

by keekee941 on 2/21/2013 5:34:43 PM

I'm going on my first date ever with a guy on Sunday. We're going ice skating (: But I'm super super nervous! I've texted him a bunch and I chat with him in school, but I'm still so scared. I'm really shy and I'm afraid I won't have anything to talk about with him... help?

Hey! well just think about it like this. How do you talk to your friends? What do you talk about? Approach getting to know this guy as you would anyone else. Ask him questions about interests if the convo starts to lull, and remember he  may be just as nervous as you are ;)

Helen S.

by Breezy28 on 2/21/2013 5:05:34 PM

So my best friend, she lies a lot. She says she has things or things have happened but i know there a lie cause I've looked into them. I don't think she knows that i know she lying. but my question is all the lying is getting annoying and i kind of want to confront her but i don't want to hurt her or anything. Is there anyway i could do it nicely.
Thanks Smile

Hey girlie, see if you can catch her in a lie. If you call her out on something while she's telling you and make it sound natural and not accusatory then it'll be nicer. Hopefully if she gets caught then it'll stop her from lying so much.

Lauren T.

by toribear101 on 2/20/2013 5:33:38 PM

Please join my club Cupcake Recipes! Description: Not just cupcake recipes, but cheesecake, cookie, brownie, and pie recipes as well. Chat with other girls who love baking and trade recipes too! Enjoy!

by tani21♪ on 2/18/2013 7:30:39 PM

Can an 8th grader date a Freshman?

Hey girl, that's completely up to the 8th grader and the freshman.  The people who have their best interests at heart (um, parents) might have a say too.

Karin E.

by pinklol56 on 2/18/2013 8:46:04 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!, I need advice please. so there is this boy i like (hes 16 and im 15) and we talk about every day (at school) and he always calls me beautiful and stuff like that and the other day he said that he wanted to get to know me better,so what should i say to him when i see him again? Thanks

Hey girl, just continue to be yourself. Have fun and talk to him about whatever you want!

lauren r.

by akennedy_97 on 2/17/2013 10:30:43 AM

To me it does sound like you are dating but he may be on another planet. Maybe he is confused and really likes you or he is a big time player. It seems like he is going to have to make a decision on you or her and I wouldnt let him do this much longer because it isnt fair to either one of you. And the last thing you need is to be in a love triangle.

by fashionqn on 2/16/2013 11:07:16 PM

by nazirah817 on 2/16/2013 10:20:23 PM

Okay. So I like this guy a LOT. He is 16 and I am 15. Neither of us can drive. He asked me to hang out with him next week, but problem is, we go to different schools and he lives 40 minutes away. I am not even sure if my parents would let me. It is not like he is a bad guy or I am a bad girl... I met him at church. He is a really good guy. My parents haven't said anything against him, so it SHOULD be fine, but they are really weird about that kind of stuff. I can't really hang out in a group with him because none of our friends know each other,and it would definitely be awkward if we tried to introduce them on a group date thing. Help! Thanks!

Hey girlie,

If you don't want to introduce your friends and want to hang out with him, you will have to tell your parents or else you won't be able to get there! If they are hesitant, maybe you could make a compromise, like that you could invite him over for dinner so your parents could get to know him. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by *B*E*<3 on 2/16/2013 10:04:23 PM

MODMODMODMOD
is 14 old enough for a boyfriend?

Hey girlie,

There's no set age for when it's okay to have a boyfriend, so I would go with whatever feels right for you or what your parents will allow. You might be ready sooner or later than others, and that's totally fine either way!

Meghan D.

by emmulee on 2/16/2013 9:30:33 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
where can I buy some cheap, cute jean shorts? And also, since spring break is coming up, and we are going to my ranch and its gonna be hot (we are going for 1 week) what kind of stuff should I bring? We are going with some friends and going several places close to the town my ranch is in, and we may go swimming. Also cute cheap bathing suits?
Thx

by Foodiejr99 on 2/16/2013 6:06:44 PM

MOD MOD MODERATOR
So yesterday I went to see Safe Haven (AMAZING) and there was a preview for some movie about a serial killer and I'm 15 and really sensitive to things about anything like that because when I go to sleep I'm always really nervous and I get anxious. It used to be pretty bad and I'm better now but sometimes the bad thoughts just come into my head, how can I get it out of my mind? Thanks!!!

by Gigilove321 on 2/16/2013 5:52:20 PM

MOD MOD
My crush is always smiling at me and I catch him staring at me sometimes even though he quickly looks away...Does he like me? Should i say something or not? Please Help.

hey! there's know way to know for sure without asking so why don't you just wait and see what develops between you two

Helen S.

by gigglerainbow50 on 2/16/2013 4:38:09 PM

mod mod mod
i was going out with a guy and he was me crush so yeah walking on sunshine for like a week but when he asked me out he told me it had to be secret and to tell no one and then after a week he said he didnt want to be dating right now was it because im a unpopular and hes popular i mean we were each others first kiss when we were younger and weve known each other for a long time so it didnt matter right?

Hey! no it shouldn't matter. ask him why he wants it to be secret and see what he says

Helen S.

by qwerty2001 on 2/16/2013 3:57:32 PM

I've asked my best friend's crush, who's also one of my friends, if he's going to ask her out and he said yes. I'm super happy for her, but if/when they start going out I don't want to lose my BFF!!! Help!

hey! Just make sure y'all make time for each other. make plans to hang out in advance so that you stay close Smile

Helen S.

by fishiefyn on 2/16/2013 3:13:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
So I am growing my pixie cut out, and it has grown about three quarters of an inch in about a month. I have been taking biotin pills, but nothing else. I want to be able to have Leda Muir (I want the cut, but not the color, and look her up without her extensions) hair by the next school year. What else can I do to make it grow faster? Thanks!!

Hey! the truth is, not thing will really make your hair grow faster, you just gotta wait, girl Smile

Helen S.

by Rey on 2/16/2013 2:49:57 PM

Your going to the movies and over this guys house when he already has a GF?
Really?! Does his GF know you guys hang out this much? If I was his GF
I would be having a fit right now he's practically cheating on the poor girl

by redvelvetluv on 2/16/2013 12:05:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD half of my family (mom and two sisters) is out of town. Its just my brother and my dad and me. My dad wants to do something fun, but my brother has plans. Do you know of anything fun we could do today? Thanks!

Hey! what about going to a movie?

Helen S.

by raeshrimp on 2/16/2013 12:05:08 PM

Mod mod mod
So my crush goes to a different school (I go to his school for math, just one hour, so I do see him in the halls occasionally) and he also has a gf. We've been texting each other for a couple hours 3 days in a row. The only thing is, I always start the conversations. I normally don't worry about this with my bffs, but I don't want to sound desperate or annoying. He responds fairly quickly and kind of leads the conversations, so I don't think he doesn't want to talk to me. I just wish he would text me first. I sometimes run out of things to talk about and I don't want a boring conversation. How do I get him to text first? And btw he doesn't know I like him either.

Hey! there's  no sure way to get him to text you first, but maybe you could try not texting him for a while to put the ball in his court to re-initiate?

Helen S.

by LilTigel on 2/16/2013 11:14:49 AM

Ok I reaalllllllyyyy like this guy, but I can't tell for sure if he likes me. He sits behind me in s.s. and when we watch movies he plays with my hair and talks to me during the whole video. And Then him and this other guy were mouthing stuff to me and I couldn't tell what they were saying so I asked one of them (the one I don't like) what he was saying and he said he was saying "I love you" but when I asked the guy I like he didn't answer me. And then After science him and I were walking together and his fiend came up behind us and said "lovebirds" and then after class one day my hands were really cold and he stole my pencil and when I tried to steal it back he grabbed my hand and was like "omg your hands are freezing" then while still holding it told a bunch of people around us to feel how cold my hand was. Do you think that this means he likes me?

Hey! yeah maybe Smile there's no way to tell for sure so you should just wait and see what happens. good luck!

Helen S.

by actress12345 on 2/16/2013 11:04:09 AM

so i just broke up with my bf yesterday and i knew that my bgf liked me cuz he told me on sunday but he knew i had a bf and since he said he couldnt date me he went out with his ex. i made the mistake of telling him i was gonna break up with me bf and he said he was gonna break up with his gf now cuz i was single. he said hes gonna ask me out next week, but i dont like him like that and he knows it! hes always saying could u like me someday or how much do u like me 1-10. i dont know what to say. i dont want to hurt his feelings and i definately dont want him to break up with his gf cuz he wants me as his gf. sorry its so long but helppp

hey! you have to tell him  that you like him as a friend and that he shouldn't break up with his girlfriend for your sake. The truth will hurt his feelings much less in the long run, I promise.

Helen S.

by allyluvsgl on 2/16/2013 9:55:55 AM

by funnybunny661 on 2/16/2013 9:24:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
ok so ive liked my BGF last year and surprisingly he asked me out. at first i said yes then i realized i didnt want to ruin our friendship so i told him i just wanted to be friends. he stopped liking me but then in the summer he said he liked me again and he asked me out. i never stopped liking him and this time i said yes. we didnt talk much cuz he was always busy with football. then he got a cuncussion! he was out of school for a while and had a neck brace. then when he was back in school i asked him if we were going out and he totally forgot he asked me. it made me upset and its hard getting over him. he never asked me out again so he probably doesnt like me. now he always ignores me when hes at my house and hes a jerk. i cant get over him!! help!

Hey! You have to move on from this guy. I know it's hard, but just try to concentrate on other things for a while, like your friends or an activity you love. It's tough now but every day your life will bring you something new to learn about or help with or share with someone, and when you make the most of your days, the hurt will go away even sooner than you think. I hope this helps girl! Smile

Helen S.

by caseycat16 on 2/16/2013 8:12:12 AM

by Emilicious on 2/16/2013 2:22:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My guy friend needs help. His crush for like 4 years HATES HIM. She thinks hes annoying stalkerish and everything bad. He really is a good guy. They used to be good friends before people told her. What could he do?

Hey! I think he should just maybe give her some space to give her time to see that he's a good guy and not all those bad things she thinks of him. good luck!

Helen S.

by clll4321 on 2/16/2013 1:59:40 AM

I'm falling for a guy who's Turin 18 this year and I'm just turning 15.
I reeeeeeeally like him
Is it legal for us to go out after he turns 18?

Hey girlie,

I don't think there are laws against dating but there are laws against certain actions while you are underage. I would talk to a parent or your guidance counselor to find out about the laws in your state and what risks there are to you two dating (and make sure your parents are okay with it, obviously!). Three years might not seem like a lot, but it can be a long time when you're young!

Meghan D.