12 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

15 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

16 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

Is it weird to ask a guy for his pic through texting?

Do boys think it's weird when you ask for a picture of them through texting? His Answer: “That is very much on a case by case...

MOD MOD MOD!
So there's this guy I've known for awhile but have only recently started talking to. Now, I'm usually totally comfortable talking to guys, even when I like them, it just comes naturally. But with this guy, when I talk to him, I get all nervous and I blush and get butterflies in my stomach. This has never happened before with a guy. Now, the problem here is the age difference. He's a little over a year younger than me; he's 13 and I'm 14, and he's in the grade below mine. And another problem, a good friend of mine who is in his grade likes him too. But anyways, I have no idea what to think about all of this! Advice, please? Smile Thank youu!!!

Hey girlie,

It is totally normal to be nervous around a guy if you like him a lot, so try getting to know him as friends with casual conversations about school, etc. and you will get comfortable talking to him. Since you are in different grades, you could ask if anything funny happened in his classes or tell him about what you're learning. If one of your friends likes him too, though, I would talk to her before you make a move beyond friendship--do you want to risk losing your friendship with her for a chance at dating a guy? Try being honest with her and come up with a plan you both can agree to on what to do if he likes one of you. That way you can be happy for each other and not damage your friendship. Good luck!

Meghan D.

Meghan D.

by glgirl1199 on 2/15/2013 11:02:56 PM

I have known Aidan for 7 years. He is nice and hilarious. He seems like the only person that can make me smile even at my lowest lows. I have a huge crush on him, but there is one problem. He is a really good friend. All of my friends say that is like a little brother, but he is more to me. Sure, he is a little immature, but i like that, becaus it means that he can be loose. Nobody knows that I like him. Today at our valentines dance, my BFF told me that she is pretty sure that Aidan likes me. I don't know what to do. He is awkward and has never had a gf. We really click together. : ) Should I make a move, wait for him to, or just decide that we're thirteen and shouldn't date?

Hey girlie,

If you are comfortable around him, that's great--a lot of relationships start out as friendships! If you want to make a move, maybe you could ask him to dance with you at your next dance. Or if you want to wait for him to make a move, you could start dropping subtle hints that you like him. If you're afraid of being too young to date, I would talk to your parents to make sure they would be ok with it if you did start dating. Good luck chica!

Meghan D.

by keswickcascade on 2/15/2013 9:33:56 PM

Mod mod mod modmodmod
I'm good friends with my friends ex. She broke up with him because they both were really busy. And he was really sad when they broke up and he talked to me about it and we became close and both developed crushes on each other. It's been over 2 months since they broke up. So 1) is it wrong i like him? 2) should I tell my friend? (We are, he and I, probably going to date) 3) if I should tell her. How? 4) is it wrong for us to date?

Hey girlie,

It's not wrong that you like him--you can't control your feelings! I would definitely talk to her first though--is it worth risking losing your friendship just for a chance to date a guy? If you are planning to date without asking her how she feels about it, she might be hurt either way, but she would be a lot more hurt if you did it without telling her. It is not wrong (it's up to you which relationships you value over others in your life), but asking her if it's ok with her first and being honest with her would be good for your friendship. Good luck chica!

Meghan D.

by Ljbdaisy on 2/15/2013 9:25:56 PM

by funnybunny661 on 2/15/2013 9:17:37 PM

Its not weird to ask a guy for his pic through texting but I say do it with CAUTION! If its your bf than its fine because almost everyone I know sends each other pictures back and forth but if its not your bf watch out because just like guys sometimes talk about weird things they often send pics of certain parts of their body. Dont ask me why guys send pics of their 'down there' parts but a lot of them do, I would never want my mom to see them so you need to delete them right away. Some of my friends dont delete them so Mondays we often have a lot to talk about, LOL.

by fashionqn on 2/15/2013 2:46:02 PM

Mod mod mod
So my crush isn't my bf yet (bummer Frown) but last night, at karate, he saw me fight this boy and he said "wow that girl is tough" and when I felt sick, he was watching me and asking if I was okay. He was showing up around me last night a lot and the karate instructor said to him "day dreaming about your girlfriend, huh?" and he looked embarrassed. Was that "girlfriend" me? He doesn't have a girlfriend though. Well tomorrow, I'm going to a V-day party, and he's gonna be there. What type of outfit would catch his eye? I can't wear a dress or skirt because it's at karate. And what can I say to finally make him mine? Thanks! LaughingDDD

Hey girlie! Wow, he seems like a really great guy and it sounds like he's into you. In terms of an eye-catching outfit, just keep things simple with a pretty top and a nice pair of jeans. It sounds like he already likes you for you; there's no need to be super over-the-top. As for what you can say, I would just be truthful and let him know how you feel. Good luck!
Florence N.