AN HOUR AGO Who run the world? Girls (& tampons)!: http://t.co/sF2jsA3yCU

AN HOUR AGO RT @Amber_Montana: Thanks for including me in your magazine this month @girlslifemag! pic.twitter.com/i536Du2w8k

2 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/yKRmLcYKMm

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: You need to change your shampoo every six months

I’ve heard you should change your shampoo every six months or your hair will get used to it and not get clean. Is that true? ...

why would you need to chang ur shammpo every 6 months

by LOV E193 on 6/11/2013 9:40:12 PM

Hmm...my mom was obsessed with me changing my shampoo...so THX GL!!!

by GlitterGloss on 4/24/2013 6:07:26 PM

mod mod mod
I have to pee all the time!!! I am an athlete and I like to drink water, that's like all I drink, and Gatorade. But during school I don't drink that much, and after lunch I have a class that lasts 95 min, right after lunch and the teacher doesn't allow bathroom breaks!!! I usually drink a full bottle of water with lunch, but like 30 min after lunch, I have to pee soooooo bad!!! What can I do to have to pee less often?
thanks!

Hey girlie, the only solution is to drink less. Drinking a lot of water is good for you, but it does make you have to pee all the time. So spread your drinks out some and drink less at a time during the day.

Lauren T.

by olive finn on 3/10/2013 7:09:36 PM

Okay so how am I supposed to know how much "grams" my period "flow" is? Thanks...

Hey pink5lol, I don't know. I've never heard of that before. Maybe try just guessing how light or heavy your flow is. Is it light, medium or heavy. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by pinklol56 on 2/22/2013 7:05:20 PM

mod mod mod hide this
i dont go to school and the youth center thing I go to wants transcripts of my schoolwork and my moms getting mad about it but, its their fault not mine!

Hey girl. I'm sorry you're Mom's getting mad. Have you tried sitting down with her and calmly explaining all of the requirements of the youth center? Or maybe try asking someone from the center to talk to her directly about getting all of your paperwork secured. Good luck!
Florence N.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 9:02:54 PM

mod mod mod hide this i tried talking to my mom about the kitten again but she said she frankly didn't care how i feel and to be blunt, i had better get used to not having much because Memaw is dead now and she didnt get all the things Memaw got me when she was growing up
thanks for trying to help though

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 9:00:45 PM

mod mod mod hide this
most people think i'm about five years younger than i am..and i dont understand it and some people treat me like it..i have no idea why..is it ok to correct people?

Hey hon! I know how you feel - I'm a girl who looks younger than her years, too. Its definitely frustrating sometimes, and difficult to remember to not get rude or snappish. That being said, it's totally okay to gently correct someone when they ask or start treating you like a child.
Florence N.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 8:57:06 PM

You can always talk to your guidance counselor at school if you feel uncomfortable talking to someone you are close with.
mailyse f.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 8:54:42 PM

Hey! I'm sorry girl, that sounds really stressful. when you start to feel afraid, try closing your eyes and breathing deeply. maybe try thinking about something that will make you feel calm. Like maybe a kitten ;) Helen S.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 5:22:05 PM

Hey! Sorry your mom was so harsh, but she does ultimately have the last say in this. The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you are really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 5:15:47 PM

Hey!  Some people are allergic and that is totally acceptable. Don't ever be worried about speaking up if you aren't feeling well

Helen S.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 5:09:46 PM

mod mod mod hide this

Hey Girl, none of us think that you are mean. We are super busy trying to answer everyone's questions. However we are worried about you and want to make sure you are safe. We want you to know that you have the ability to overcome all of this and do great things.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 4:07:11 PM

mod mod mod hide this

No, I would definitely say you should talk to someone.

Hannah H

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 4:00:22 PM

mod mod mod hide this

do you mean like a headache? Any kind of pain and you should talk to your doctor.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 3:58:42 PM

mod mod mod hide this

Hey Girl, I want you to know that I am trying my best to answer your questions while remaining appropriate. From experiencing something so traumatic, you are bound to be affected by it.  You need to report it and give as much evidence as you can to ensure that justice is served. You can be allergic to anything even water or sunlight. I would tell you to stay away from that.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 3:57:14 PM

mod mod mod hide this

Honestly Girl, in situations like this I don't think you should worry about being polite. It's more important to be firm in what you say so it happens. And try locking your dog with a bowl of water in your room so he stays safe.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 3:51:58 PM

mod mod mod hide this

"Usual" is definitely not the right adjective. It could be possible that there could be a correlation between  the two (I really don't know the statistics) , but many people are able to overcome it and become successful later in life.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 3:47:55 PM

mod mod mod hide this

Hey Girl, I just want to make sure you and your friend are safe and healthy. You can go talk to a nurse or a doctor about that without making it personal and relating it back to you. I'm sorry I can't explain more because the content on this site has to be suitable for all viewers.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 3:45:05 PM

mod mod mod hide this

Hey Girl, I think you shouldn't be worried so much about how she acts at your party and more about your friend's well being. She could possibly have an eating disorder and you should make sure she gets the help she needs. This number is for nineline, an anonymous counseling hotline that could halp you and your friend.  1-800-999-9999

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 3:05:53 PM

mod mod mod hide this please

Hey Girl, this is something that you might want to talk to some kind of doctor about like a psychiatrist about because what happened was really traumatic for you.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 3:03:12 PM

mod mod mod do teenagers still give gifts for bday parties?

Yeah Chica, unless the birthday girl asks you to donate to charity or says not to bring one, I'd get her a gift.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 3:00:01 PM

mod mod mod private this

Hey Girlie,

Smoking is really bad for your health, and so is second hand smoke. Asking someone to do it outside and away from you is totally acceptable.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 2:58:59 PM

Hey girl, being obsessed with something doesn't necessarily make it a fetish.  Love hair?  Great, check out GL's hair styles and hair tips

Karin E.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 2:25:44 AM

Hey girl, as long as you indicate that you want your comment to be private on that particular comment, the mods will know to hide it.  Thanks!

Karin E.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 2:24:38 AM

Hey girl, talk with your mom and tell her that you're concerned that people might engage in these activities.  After talking with her, tell your friends that you and parents have an agreement that no illegal consumption will take place during the party.  It's not lame or rude to expect your friends to abide by simple, safe rules.  Establish these rules well before the party, so no one is surprised.  Pizza, chips and dip, ice cream, and cake all sound delish!  Have fun!

Karin E.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/21/2013 2:23:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Can you show just the answer
Every time I eat...

hey girl! sometimes our bodies are just funky for a little while...if the problempersists, see your doc for a check up. rather safe than sorry!

xoxo

Katie L.

by juliacar on 2/20/2013 2:15:55 PM

by nazirah817 on 2/19/2013 6:52:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have two crushes and, lucky me, they both like my best friend. What should I do?
Thanks so much.

Hey Chica, how does your friend feel about these guys? Always be aware of other people's feelings. If she doesn't mind, get your flirt on and try to get their attention.

by lemondancer18 on 2/19/2013 3:58:51 PM

Hey girls! Do you love One Direction? Then join the club One Direction for Life! We post surprising facts about 1D daily, and there are a few positions left! Hope to see you there!

by pinklol56 on 2/19/2013 10:11:25 AM