28 MINUTES AGO Computer Engineer Barbie can't succeed without a man—no bueno 🙅:http://t.co/WemjfqTp8pp

AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 cool cats power up with a Mojo Vogue BattStation 5600 from @goibattz: http://t.co/NHrxMRKGmT

2 HOURS AGO 4 lip balms that you can actually eat: http://t.co/y3nvZba2B2

COMMENTS

10 easy ways to add more exercise to your day

Burning a hundred extra calories a day is a snap. You don’t have to clock treadmill time to torch ‘em, either. All you’ve gotta do...

HEY!! Starting to fail school? Loosing everything? Join the club School Smarts for tips on school, organization and anything else at school! Check it out! Smile

by vummibear on 8/29/2013 6:13:15 PM

Ok so i can never seem to lose weight or get thinner because i keep eating way too much! How do i stop myself from over-eating and im around 135 lbs at 5'4 and im only 13. Am I overweight?

Hey girlie, your weight is probably average. You don't have to stop eating so much, you just have to change what you're eating. When you're snacking make sure it's fruits and vegetables or other healthy snacks. And if you're still hungry after a well-portioned meal, fill up with extra veggies and drink more water.

Lauren T.

by LolzGirl on 3/17/2013 6:54:52 PM

MOD please Smile
Okay, so I'm13 and i weigh more than i want to weigh right now (135 pounds and I'm 5' 3", i want to be 110-115) and i know i have to stop eating bad food and start exercising but i have ZERO motivation, i hate running and doing muscle stuff basically I'm just lazy, i REALLY want to overcome this and GET FIT but i don't know how i also don't really like veggies or anything. So can you help a sister out? Please and thank you Smile

Hey girlie,

If you don't like running, there are plenty of other workouts you can try like dancing or going on the elliptical. If you don't like certain veggies, try new ones that you haven't had before or cook them a new way, or try a new dressing or hummus with raw veggies. Once you find a workout and food you like, you'll have more motivation to be healthy! Check out our health and fitness page for more food and workout ideas Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Meghan D.

by Dragonette18 on 3/16/2013 12:58:45 AM

Im 12 years old and 135 pounds and 5ft, I been using workout videos on youtube, i have dance and I'm in up and running but i'm still not losing that much! Can you give me some workout tips?

Hey girl, with working out that much you have muscle, not fat! Just make sure you're eating healthy too!

lauren r.

by kiki3001 on 3/10/2013 12:02:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Thank you for answering my question earlier! Is there a certain amount of sit ups or crunched I should be doing a day to get my 6-pack?

Hey girlie,

I would talk to your gym teacher or someone at a gym about what exercise plan is right for you to get the results you want, and that might be different for you then it would be for someone else. If you are exercising every day, though, try focusing on being healthy rather than having a 6-pack because that could take a while and being healthy is what matters!

Meghan D.

by because on 2/23/2013 10:45:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So lately every morning I've been doing a 20 minute yoga workout and a short ab workout. I really want to get a 6-pack and become really flexible. What else should I had to my workout to get those abs? And what moves can help me become super flexible?

Hey girlie,

That sounds like a good workout, you could also try new stretches to be more flexible or use a medicine ball at the gym to build ab muscle. And situps / crunches are no-fail moves, too!

Meghan D.

by Because on 2/23/2013 9:53:26 PM

MODMODMOD
How do I become a mod

Hey GLgirl227, you become a mod through an internships with GL. For interning info click this link: http://www.girlslife.com/page/Intern-at-Girls-Life.aspx. You could also try creating an advice club to help girlies out. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by GLgirl227 on 2/22/2013 7:41:15 PM

mod mod mod
im 11 and i need to shed at least 10 pounds to be the averge wieght for my age

Hey nickisongz, click this link: http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx for some great tips! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by nickisongz on 2/22/2013 7:35:43 PM

MODMODMOD
I need a workout that I can lose a few pounds and burn calories any ideas

Hey GLgirl227, head to our HEALTH&FITNESS page for some workout tips and tricks. Type "weight" or "loose weight" in the search box and a whole bunch of helpful articles will pop up. Hope this works for ya! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by GLgirl227 on 2/22/2013 6:29:34 PM

Mod Mod Mod
thank u for this is exacly what I wanted to do for a workout

by Glgirl227 on 2/22/2013 4:16:23 PM

by Glgirl227 on 2/22/2013 4:10:06 PM

thank u I really wanted to workout in a easy way

by Glgirl227 on 2/22/2013 4:06:20 PM

MODMODMOD
I feel that I need to workout, but I just can't get motivated........Any ideas??
Thanks,
Codename-Horse

Hey girl! I feel ya - finding the motivation to work out can be tough! If you're just not excited by the prospect of doing a million reps of something, see if you can get enrolled in a zumba or yoga class - or maybe even a dance class. They're really fun ways to get your exercise in, plus they're held on a regular basis so you'll get a much more consistent workout. Hope this helps!
Florence N.

by Codename-Horse on 2/22/2013 9:12:38 AM

I have a broken arm but i still want to excrcise...any ideas

by orlandobloomrocks on 2/22/2013 8:52:14 AM

Mod- mod- mod!!!!!!!!!!Smile
Hiii! Is this a healthy weight? 115 pounds for a almost 15 year old, 5 ft 5 and a half inches tall?
Thanks so much i wanna know if this is a healthy weight for me? Please reply!

Hey girlie, use a BMI calculator to see if your weight is healthy. That sounds like it should be a healthy weight for you. As long as you look and feel healthy, you probably are.

Lauren T.

by Sunny4132 on 2/20/2013 7:56:32 PM

by nazirah817 on 2/20/2013 6:40:36 PM

MOD
Hey where can I email the GL office at?

Hey girlie, you can reach the GL office with the contact form at http://www.girlslife.com/Contact.aspx.

Lauren T.

by actress12345 on 2/20/2013 5:24:22 PM

MOD
Ok, so I'm pretty much over my cold (even though I can't breathe through my nose completely) but I still can't smell or taste anything. How long does it usually take for these to come back?

Hey girlie, if you're not able to breathe through your nose, that explains why you can't smell anything. And sometimes that's also associated with taste. So when your nose isn't so stuffy you'll get your senses back. If you don't then you should see a doctor.

Lauren T.

by actress12345 on 2/20/2013 5:20:57 PM

a few months ago i posted about my dog being sick and having surgery and i needed help coping with the worry. well, last night, my dog was perfectly fine until 20 minutes after i fed him, the same food he usually eats. he got these 2 weird lumps un both sides of him, just above his hips. my mom and i thought it was weird, but we thought it would go away. but this morning, when i woke up, i asked my mom where Thor (my dog) was and she said he was outside (he usually plays outside). so when i went to my living room and sat down my mom came out crying and thats when i realized...hed died. ive known him since grade 1. i cant stop crying and it still hasnt sunken in that my year old dog is gone. please help me Cry my whole family is mad at each other because of this. i feel like its my fault for not doing anything to help him. please help me and im sorry this is so long Cry thank you

hey, girl. I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet can be super tough, especially when we feel it wasn't their time to go yet. Don't blame yourself, because it really isn't your fault. In fact, it isn't anyone's fault. I know that can be really tough to accept but it's true. You and your family loved your dog, but it was his time to go. I'm sorry for your loss. Feel better <3

xoxo

Katie L.

by pokemon_girl11 on 2/20/2013 4:00:30 PM

I started working out back in October and now I wear a medium in juniors and that is a big improvement. But I always see ladies in like their twenties that are smaller than me and I don't know why but it makes me feel bad. I guess because I'm so much younger. Plus there are always those friends who do nothing and are perfectly skinny. Any advice on how to stay confident when I feel kinda gross?
p.s. I know I shouldn't compare myself but I can't help it, anything on that too?

hey girl! it's super important that you learn to not judge your body against other girls bodies. everyone has their own story. for all you know those tiny women could have really unhealthy habits...nothing to be jealous of! either way, try to focus on improving your own life. do things for your health and overall wellness, because you'll never be completely happy if you're constantly chasing an ideal weight or size. over time, if you practice positive body thinking, you'll come to accept yourself more and more. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by cookiemonster15 on 2/20/2013 3:52:09 PM

OMG! I'm gonna try this!!!!! This is gonna beat this heck NO "popular girl" in my school. She's only popular cus her mom works ther.

by lovebeebs1 on 2/20/2013 7:09:51 AM