9 HOURS AGO RT @russettvirtue: @sierra_furtado i just found you in my magazine what a time to be alive

9 HOURS AGO Decorating the office with fresh blooms and #GLsabrina 💐

10 HOURS AGO Thinking about Christmas cookies like...

Bombshell: My bud told me her dad abuses her

My friend told me her dad abuses her and is always drunk. Her parents are divorced so she only has to go over to his...

Mod mod mod
I have a similar story to this girl. Except my friends parents are not divorced. My friend tells me about how her dad always comes home drunk and hits and yells at her for the smallest things. I don't know what to do. She doesn't seem to care too much but i do coz she is my friend.

Hey girl. I know your instinct is to help her in a way that you might think is best but, I think in this case, you should talk to her about it first. You def don't want to make this harder for her, and you probably aren't aware of all the specifics of the situation. Let her know that you'll be there for her if she ever wants to talk, and that you'll always be on standby if she does need help in any way. Hope this helps!
Florence N.

by summalovin on 3/8/2013 1:13:41 AM

Sad... Tell an adult right now! Don't wait, any kind of abuse is horrible: Sexual, physical, verbal, mental. They are all bad and should be taken care of immediately. Good luck.

by nirvanaluvr1222 on 3/6/2013 8:07:25 PM

Offer to help her tell her mom and ask if she can figure it how to be safe from him, away or together. Maybe have a slumber party and have her come over, just to try and lift the heavy weight if u know what I mean

by fashionista997 on 3/6/2013 6:42:21 PM

I'm so sorry that your friend has to go through this. Try to be there for here and listen when she wants to talk. Remind that you support her and only want to see things get better for her. Also, try to do fun things with her to make her smile and laugh and to get her mind off her problems for a while. Good luck! Hope things get better!

by scamp24 on 3/6/2013 5:46:30 PM

Definitely tell an adult. Good luckSmile

by myfatsquirrel on 3/6/2013 5:32:42 PM

Aw...I hope your friend gets through this!!! Smile

by pinklol56 on 3/6/2013 4:49:06 PM

What is your fave class in school?

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?