AN HOUR AGO Oh snap ladies—looks like @tylergposey is siiiingle: http://t.co/t3zOkLpNYY

2 HOURS AGO The best ways to wear your beanie: http://t.co/yWZ9BxGmLW

4 HOURS AGO Rockin' workout clothes you can sport outside of the gym: http://t.co/sDhSkbCVCU

COMMENTS

I'm freaked about befriending the populars

I'm outgoing around friends, but I have the hardest time talking to new people, especially popular ones. In my new math class, almost everyone is...

MOD
I have this really clingy friend. A few years ago we got really close. I'm basically this girl's only friend. I like her, but everyone else seems to have a problem with her. Our parents carpool everyday so there's no way I can go anywhere with any other friends before or after school without her being offended. Over the past few years, I've grown really distant. I have almost nothing in common with her. But since I'm her only friend, she never leaves my side. She's at my class the moment I get out the door. Everything I join, she buddies up on. There's no way I can get space from her. We're so close so there's no way I can really lose her. But, I really don't enjoy her company anymore. What should I do?

Hey girlie! It's super sweet that you're looking out for this girl's feelings, but you also need to worry about yourself and your happiness. Instead of trying to push her away from you, find a few things/people that would pull her focus, like a school sport or the sweet shy girl in your math class. Encourage your clingy pal to try new stuff. In the meantime, stay as neutral as possible- don't go out of your way to spend time with her, but be nice and friendly when the two of you cross paths.

xo
Julie H.

by galruless on 6/20/2013 2:52:28 AM

Thanks Jess D. trust me I learned my lesson and I will take your advice and see what happens.

by beautychic123 on 6/16/2013 4:28:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok so I tried out for the cheerleading for 6th grade, and so did 3 of my friend: 2 girls and one boy. And all three of us made the team. the next day I found out I made the team, I accidentally said on the bus to some of my friends "my friend (one of the girls) and I made the team because we are actually good at cheerleading, the other girl only made the team because there are 18 open spots on the team." (18 8th grade cheerleaders left to highschool.) and it just slipped out. so, one of the girls who heard me say that told the girl that i said wasn't so good at a Skate On Grand field trip and now that girl won't talk to me. I really want to apolojize, but every time I try, she always alks away when I get near her. WHAT SHOULD I DO??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hey chica, It wasn't a nice thing for you to do, but you can't take back what you said. However, all you can do now is to continue to try and apologize. If she won't talk to you in person, then try sending her a message online or writing her a note. That way she won't be able to walk away from you when you attempt to say sorry. If she doesn't forgive you, then don't stress out about it. You did what you can and just remember to learn your lesson. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say about someone then don't say it at all. And try not to talk behind people's backs..I know it can be hard, but you should always try. xx
Jess D.

by beautychic123 on 6/14/2013 11:33:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hi! Smile I'm new here on GL, how do I reply to the comments??
Xx

Hey girlie! You can't actually reply to individual comments, but you can make your own comment and say something like "I agree with _____". We're working on adding this feature! xx

Hannah M

by ilovetaylorswiftyahaveaproblem? on 5/17/2013 5:11:45 AM

mod mod
At my dance school, some of the older girls help out in younger classes. I'm old enough to do that now, and so I asked my mom to email the director and tell her. The director replied that she was glad I wanted to. I've been here for about 5 years. This new girl just came this past December (she's "popular" at my school), and she has already helped out at the April Vacation camp, and younger classes. I was looking at the program for our upcoming dance recital, and there's a list of people that helped out in younger classes so the director remembers to give them flowers. Of course, her name is on it. I'm really annoyed and upset that she already is doing that and I'm not. It also doesn't help that she's "cool". Help?

Hey! You just have to be patient and try not to let jealousy get the better of you. Your teacher said you can help so that's good right? you'll get to assist with a class and maybe you can be friends with this girl Smile

Helen S.

by elianamagic2 on 4/25/2013 7:59:11 PM

OMG i think my friend is mad at me but she wont talk so i dont know if she is mad at me i will be sad beause i dont know if i did anying SO MAD AND NEED IN HELP.

by LV ME $ on 4/24/2013 6:49:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok so my "best" friend seems really mad at me lately but she seems just fine with my other friend which have VERY nice parents and are richer than me. She is making fun of me because of who I like and when she goes to my other friends house I hear that as soon as she gets there she picks out an outfit from her closet and wears it while shes there. (and my other friend is kind of um... light headed)anyways my "best" friend never tries on my clothes which makes me feel like my clothes aren't good enough for her. Anyways the other day my "best friend" had to leave early from school and she was sitting in the front foyer of our school and me and my light headed friend "go to the washroom" because it was raining and I could see her sitting there and I asked her where she was going and if she was ok and she snapped back "Go away Glitter_Freak" (using my user name instead of my real one) like I did something wrong. Please help! what should I do!! and is this friendship over?

Hey girlie. Your friend might be going through a rough patch right now. We often lash out at the people that we're closest to because we think that those are the relationships we have the least chance of actually destroying. If it seems like this odd behavior is coming out of nowhere, I would give her a little time to deal with whatever she's dealing with. Keep your distance, but be there for her if she conveys to you that she needs your friendship. If this keeps going on for another several months, though, it might be time to cut your losses and admit that the friendship is over.
Florence N.

by Glitter_Freak on 4/19/2013 3:26:19 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
What's the best way to end a friendship? I've been friends with this guy for a long time and we used to have so much fun together but lately he's been really obnoxious and mean....and I just can't take it anymore. I don't know what to do though because we've been friends for so long and our families are close friends..he just has a bad attitude that I'm tired of putting up with.
Advice? thanks so much<3

Hey! I think tell him when he's being rude, but don't burn  the bridge since your families are friends and stuff. good luck!

Helen S.

by maggie183 on 4/4/2013 7:30:45 PM

MOD MOD
Hi,
So this year I started taking a jazz dance class, and the girls in it are really really mean and snotty. Today I sneezed funny and half of them started laughing uncontrollably. I won't be taking that class next year (I have scheduling issues), but how can I get through class with them until the end of June?

Hey bunniesrock14, just ignore their mean ways. They are trying to get to you, so show them you're better than them by not responding. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by bunniesrock14 on 3/12/2013 7:10:54 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Help! My mom won't let me wear any cute shorts! I even got some of the midi shorts and she still says I can't wear them to school. And even though the shorter shorts cover my but she still won't let me have any! Help!

Hey girl, have a calm conversation with your mom and tell her about the clothes you want to wear and why you feel comfortable wearing them to school.  See if you can compromise by taking her shopping with you.  Get her approval before you purchase any more shorts.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by kacylove on 3/4/2013 6:39:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD! Almost all the shore kids I know are all getting sick and I'm sick as I write this. Its driving everyone insane because we can't get on with recovery since we were one of the worst hit areas. Any advice on how to avoid getting sick in the future?
Thanks!

Hey girlie, to stay healthy, you'll need to be good to your body. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, exercise and make sure you're getting plenty of sleep and Vitamin C. Taking yourself makes your immune system stronger and makes you less likely to get sick.
Lauren T.

by ImJustMe96 on 3/3/2013 5:50:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I've liked my best guy friend on and off for the past year and a half(eight times!!!!!). he's 3 years older than me, which really sucks but that never seemed to stop me. anyways, i know he likes someone else, but she's in a committed relationship so he has to get over her anyways. she's also my age, which means there's a chance he could like me(i wasn't sure he could just cause of the age difference.) i know we can't date now, but i so would in the future...should i tell him i like him? honestly, i would just let it go, but i've liked him so much for so long that i feel i'm not supposed to. help!

Hey girlie,

It's really up to you whether or not you tell him you like him--it might make things weird in your friendship for a little while, but it could also lead to a relationship. There's definitely no rush if you're not sure, but if you want him to know how you feel, that's your decision! If you don't want to flat-out tell him, you could also hint at it or ask him to dance with you at your next dance. Good luck girlie Smile

Meghan D.

by karategirl78 on 3/2/2013 11:44:24 PM

i was friends with the popular group

by MTC 415 on 3/2/2013 8:46:29 PM

haha if i asked them that,they A) wouldnt respond B) look at me and turn away or C) say "um, yes." lol Smile

by badatbasketball on 3/2/2013 4:20:03 PM

I have, like, the exact same prob. It's not that I'm afraid of them, it's that I know I don't fit in with them. I always end up being the loner in the corner in my algebra class while everyone else has fun. :/

by glgirl1199 on 3/2/2013 12:13:44 PM

NEED GOOD ADVICE FAST? Go here: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 3/2/2013 11:42:48 AM

GL should have ice breakers for friends or something.

by pinklol56 on 3/2/2013 9:20:50 AM