Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

4 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

5 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

My friend sulks if I do better in school than her. Help!

I have one friend who is very competitive about grades. She bugs me about a grade until I tell her. If I do better than...

Modmodmod My bestie and I have been friends since 2nd grade and we used to do everything together.Now we're going to be in seventh grade and she'd rather hang out with the snotty pretty 'fun' girls.I get the feeling that they don't like her and for some reason are using her,I know I might sound paranoid but I really think they are. Ive tried to tell her but she doesn't listen to me!Aside from that I don't care if she has other friends but I really miss her and she doesn't even look at me anymore.No matter how nice I am to her she doesn't hang out with me.She had 2 bday parties,the first one was with some girls I dont like so she said I was invited to the second one.But my other friend who was also invited came to school a random Monday morning and told me the second party was on Friday. This really hurt me and I have no idea how to get her back, pleaz help.The girls she hangs our with now are more like her and it's like a competition I cant win.my other bff has moved.I only 1 bff now

Hey girlie! So sorry that your friend isn't being very nice, especially after all the sweet ways you've tried to win her back. It seems like you've done everything you can do and, at this point, it may be time to move on. Start up a convo with a new group of gals. Making new besties can be surprisingly easy! You'll have much more fun spending time with girls who want to be with you too.

xx
Julie H.

by zaw26 on 6/20/2013 10:32:21 AM

Please help! I have a 'friend' who is jealous of me. she says she likes me to my face, but says she hates me because i always win. she smiles in face but says that she doesn't like how i always win. I have a really small class, like 7 people. What should i do?

Hey girl, because someone else probably told you that she said this, you can't be entirely certain of exactly what she thinks.  If she wants to confront you, she can, but for now just treat her with respect and hope that she'll return that respect.  You don't have to be close friends with her if you don't trust that she likes you.  Try to spend more time with people who support you.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by MuStAcHiO on 4/22/2013 10:00:07 AM

So I really love my momSmile she's nice and sweet and funny. But she's not really like anyother moms. You know, the "I think it's time for you to get a bra" or "oh, sweetie. do you want to talk about it?" or "why don't we take a peek and the bras, if you want." I'm not saying that I want her to be perfect. It's just that i'm the type of girl who likes those things and worries about them. She's practical. IF you don't fit in a bra, don't wear one. IF she didn't get her period until she was fourteen, I wont get mine until then. If I try to talk to her, she's just awkward and makes me feel stupid and ridiculous. I'm 11. Almost 12. Please help! Please don't say try to talk to her cuz I've tried! Honestly, I've thought it over again and again. Like if I want a lightly padded bra she says "no. it's bunched, and you don't have anything to hold it up. you don't want it looking like you have something there that you don't have." and she's not mean about it. Help!

Hey girl, think about other girls or women you trust that you can talk to about stuff like bras and getting your period.  It's great that you talk to your mom, but you can totes talk to other people too.  Have a question?  Ask the school nurse's opinion.  Maybe an aunt or an older cousin will be more comfortable talking about all the things that come with puberty.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by lil'beautylover27 on 4/2/2013 2:38:29 AM

I hate when people do that, it is okay every now and then because we want to know where we are but to constantly do that is kind of hard to deal with. Tell her you want to be her friend just because you like each other and if you do better than her dont ever throw it in her face because it seems she has a hard time dealing with that sort of thing.

by fashionqn on 4/1/2013 6:17:28 PM

My school is going away on this trip for 4 days. I have some questions:
1. It will be the first time me and my BFF are gone aways together. Any cool ideas for memories? Like a scrapbook or something.
2. We have a fancy dinner one night, so we need something nice to wear. Oh, and no tank tops or anything super short. Any ideas?
Thx, sorry that was long!

Hey girl, a scrapbook is a swell idea!  Take some pics of the trip so you can include those in a crafty scrapbook later.  For the fancy dinner, you could wear a dress or a skirt.  Throw in a pair of tights just in case it gets chilly.  Have fun!

Karin E.

by ColosalMascara on 4/1/2013 9:05:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD help ok so a lot of the time my comment never show up. Or they take a few days. Why is this? And also how can i find cheap jeans to fit me cause I'm short for my age, and my legs are really long, but my waist is tiny so whenever I find jeans that fit my waist, they're way too sort for my legs, and I don't want to shop online because that never works out for me. Help? MOD

Hey girlie, if you're comments aren't showing up, it's because a mod doesn't think that it's appropriate to be approved. For jeans, keep going to different stores and trying on their jeans and different brands that they carry. Eventually you'll find a brand that works for you and you'll know where to go when you need a new pair of jeans.

Lauren T.

by _Sadie_ on 3/31/2013 6:39:09 PM

my friend is competitive about sports!

by tani21♪ on 3/30/2013 11:42:39 PM

MODMOD (: Haha I'm one of those grade-conscious people lol. I'm highly gifted, and I love surrounding my self with friends who have the same ambition as me ! However, one thing I kind of suck at is algebra. I know I should be thrilled about taking such a high level course in seventh grade, but when I REALLY try (studying, two different tutors working over 4 hour sessions Frown ), the highest I can get is a low B. I excel in all my other subjects. Is there anything I can do to help my mood about this? My best friend got a 110 on our last exam. She tries to make me feel better but it just reminds me that I'm not doing good. Any help? Thanks so much (:

Hey girlie,

It sounds like you are studying really hard and are doing a lot to do well in algebra, so if you already have a tutor and are studying, maybe you could ask your teacher how you could improve your grade. If you show your teacher you are making an effort, I'm sure they will give you extra credit or study tips so you can get the grade you want! And if your friend is doing really well, maybe you two could study together for your next test!

Meghan D.

by kenzi143 on 3/30/2013 10:40:56 PM

I go to a school that's a super fancy magnet school that's focused on math and science. Which is great but, everyone is super smart and grade conscious! Like, if they get an A-, they start freaking out! I almost want to switch schools but I have amazing friends. Plus the other school is kind of bad and a couple of my other friends go there and they have teachers they really hate, while all my teachers are amazing! How should I cope?
Thank You!

Hey! I think you can rise above the grade consciousness. Stick with your current school, you seem to love almost everything about it.

Helen S.

by auslly123 on 3/30/2013 2:58:10 PM

my friend gets better grades than me but i don't really care that much. well, im happy for her and everything but im not like "i must get better grades than her"

by potterjay on 3/30/2013 1:29:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
One of my friends is being a real jerk! I asked her to stop saying mean things about my boyfriend in front of me then she accused me of changing her and being like everyone else who wants her to change. I explained to her she can say it just not in front of me but she still accuses me of the things i just listed and MORE! She said such mean things i had to turn off my cell phone! My friends and i think she is jelous because she never said that stuff before i was dating my bf but then suddenly all she did and still does is pick on me about how ugly he is and stuff! Sophie (her closet friends) tells me that she just wants me to apologize) but i cant because she has been mean to me and everyone in our little group! What should i do please answer ASAP, thanks!!! (sorry its so long)

Hey! Keep communicating with her and if she doesn't change you have to tell her that your friendship is suffering. Good luck girl!

Helen S.

by hottie1250 on 3/30/2013 11:59:30 AM

Same!!

by genieinabottle on 3/30/2013 11:33:20 AM

Hey girls! Need help finding outfits for your first day of school or your first date? Just finished cramming the night before and look terrible? Check out Fashion ASAP and get advice on your skin, body, hair, nail how-to's, makeup and awesome outfits here that fit your taste and style! We will help you with your problems ASAP (usually within 24 hours) and you'll receive fabulous answers! Smile <3High Tops

by High Tops FTW on 3/30/2013 10:35:17 AM