12 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

15 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

16 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Carly Rae Jepsen's rocker-chic beauty how-to

Totally inspired by Carly Rae Jepsen’s edgy yet playful look at the Grammy Awards? GL talked to makeup artist Tina Turbow for Lancome to get the scoop...

This seems like such a Lancome ad...

by emitang on 4/12/2013 4:27:24 PM

mod mod mod i wanted to know what kind of makeup style you guys like natural made up what B-)

Hey girl, we like all sorts of makeup styles!  A natural look is always good, though.  Check out our beauty trends page for some fun makeup ideas.

Karin E.

by 2cute03 on 3/21/2013 2:49:03 PM

mod mod mod my little sister is 10 she wants to know what makeup she could wear any ideas Smile

Hey Chica, 10 is pretty young, so she probably doesn't want to have a ton on. Lip gloss is always good and a little eye makeup for special occasions. But be sure to help her out the first few times so she doesn't go out of control and know she is doing it right.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by 2cute03 on 3/21/2013 11:49:04 AM

JellyBeanChick

by JellyBeanChick on 2/26/2013 8:10:50 PM

mod!mod!mod!
i just got a cute cropped demin jacket but i dont know what to wear with it any ideas?

Hey girlie, it'll look really cute with a dress or a high-waisted skirt. You can also wear it with colored denim.

Lauren T.

by mrsalicia on 2/24/2013 6:42:36 PM

So I'm going shopping tomorrow and I'd really like to try a new style, like a more rock chic thing since I'm usually not good with style and fashion. The thing is, I am genuinely interested in style and I'd like to be better at mixing and matching pieces etc. Also, do you know any facial moisturizer that would be good for sensitive skin? Thanks Smile

Hey girl, there are plenty of places you can try to get a cool rock chic look. Definitely H and M, and Forever 21. Avoid Hot Topic, too cliche! Also, there's an awesome new online company called LoveTag Apparel. Check them out, they have awesome style!

lauren r.

by rockmusicfanatic on 2/24/2013 3:18:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
So me and my sister are very close<3 Sooo i'm confused: i've started noticed that she is starting to grow so dark hair above her mouth (mustache area) and that her nose hairs are kinda noticeably long....i feel like if i point these things out she may seem insecure and upset since I don't have these issue....what should i do?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could talk to your mom and if she agrees, she can talk to your sis so you don't have to come between them.

Meghan D.

by Justmecheyenne on 2/23/2013 8:57:09 PM

great tips! but honestly, (even when im older) i would never pay 20+ dollars for ANY makeup. i wish there would be suggestions for cheaper, and fairly same color/quality. cuz even though i have pretty much all these things, i could have found it cheaper somewherd else...

by music<3er on 2/23/2013 8:41:22 PM

The Alphas United
Are you alpha enough? Of course you are! If you weren't you wouldn't have even heard of this club. My Clique and I will give you tips on friends, drama, boys, and keeping your life from crashing down. Let's dominate! Betas welcome. Haters, fashion don't even think about it.

by transform2314 on 2/23/2013 7:15:32 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I have a slight peach fuzz on my face. It is very light but you can still see it. i dont want to wax cuz then it will grow back thicker but its embarrassing. HELP!!!

hey! I am going to promise you something: no matter how noticeable you think this is, it is so much more visible to you than to anyone else. You can change anything you want about how you look, but only do it to please yourself and not anyone else. If you don't believe me, try this. Ask a friend if they have insecurities like this, if they have  something they see as a flaw in the way they look, something they'd change if they could. I bet you anything you'll be surprised by their answer, and that it will be something you never noticed or thought about  them.

Helen S.

by kittykove2 on 2/23/2013 2:28:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I desperately need your help. A guy friend of mine was bullied really bad recently and I helped him through it. No body really likes him because he's socially awkward, and he overreacts to things sometimes. I have been getting to know him lately and I realized hes a nice guy. On Friday, he told me that he really liked me. At first, all I could think was ewww. But, the more I think about it, the more I might want to go out with him. I don't really have feelings for him at all though. I think I might be brainwashing myself by thinking about it all the time. Does that make sense? Should I go out with him or tell him I don't feel the same way? If I tell him no, then how can I do it without hurting his feelings?
Thanks for the help!

Hey! I think it's great that you're friends with this guy. It sounds to me like he could really use a friend, and sometimes the people who need to most attention get ignored in school. It does sound to me like you might be trying to convince yourself that you like him, that makes total sense. I've been there, and I think a lot of others have too. I think you should tell him that you like being his friend, and that you don't want to complicate your friendship by dating. What if you went out and then broke up and then you both felt weird around each other? If he gets upset with you (which would be unfair of him) give him a little space to get over it, but don't apologize for not returning his feelings. It's not mean, and you can't help it any more than he can help liking you.

Helen S.

by beaky54321 on 2/23/2013 12:50:25 PM

MODMODMOD
My dress for my dance is black and one shouldered and it is kinda frumpy. How do i make it look younger and more age appropriate. Also what should i do for hair? and Make up? I have fair skin blonde hair and very very vlue eyes that i would like to emphasize. Nothing too dramatic or old looking please THX!!!

hey! I think adding one or two metallic accessories would be classy and fresh, nothing too over the top, like you said.  we have a bunch of ideas for side-braids on the site that i think would also look kicky and fun http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/22/4-bold-braids-to-try-this-summer.aspx

A swipe of chocolate eyeshadow would give a natural look to make your blue eyes pop. Here's a tip: try a dab of white or cream eyeshadow on the inner corner of each eye for even more peeper enhancement.

Helen S.

by kittykove2 on 2/23/2013 12:41:30 PM

by funnybunny661 on 2/23/2013 12:05:19 PM

by nazirah817 on 2/23/2013 9:26:23 AM

Omigod, that is way too much eye makeup! She doesn't look very good!

by pinklol56 on 2/23/2013 8:49:36 AM

Hello everyone! Over night I came up with a pretty cool club called "Beauty Facts" which is just a place were tips and tricks about beauty is posted and you can post some of your own beauty secrets. Hope you will join! Smile xoxo

by Chloe<3 on 2/23/2013 12:10:02 AM