11 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

14 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

15 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

What to do when you 'n' your sibs are stuck like glue

You love your siblings, really you do. But when they mirror your every move 24/7, it’s so tempting to just…I don’t know, tell ‘em to...

Want some advice about boys, fashion, meanies, relationship and friendships? This the best place for it. I log in everyday and i will try to answer all ur questions.Please keep inviting people and i hope this club becomes a succesful one Smileit's great

by XpurplemermaidalexX on 5/30/2013 10:43:55 PM

Hey babe! First of all, do not end your life. If you ever think you're in harms way, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline (1-800-273-TALK) or the Nineline, an anonymous counseling hotline (1-800-999-9999) and someone will be there 24/7 to help you out. I know it can be really hard to feel like your family doesn't appreciate you, but you have to find strength within. Do the things that make you happy, and don't do them because you think they will make your family proud. If you enjoy something, do it. If you don't enjoy something, don't do it. It will take up your time for no reason. Focus on finding quality friends and listening to music that makes you happy and doing activities that make you happy. Tell your family about how fun a certain club is and how happy it's making you, and if they ever try to put you down, just say "I know you think that I'm some kind of failure, but I'm not. I'm really doing my best, and it would mean so much to me if you could try to be proud of that." I really hope this helps, and remember, there are people that love you so so so much, and if you weren't here, they would never get over it. Don't hesitate to write back! xx

Hannah M

by ilovetaylorswiftyahaveaproblem? on 5/15/2013 3:23:13 AM

I hate when she does this

by classic_ree on 4/13/2013 11:30:50 AM

HEY GALS!! Got the sister problems? OR Middle school advice 911? Visit Dear Julia for awesome advice and fashion tips, and find the answer to your problems!

xoxo,
JULIA

by asdfghjulia on 3/12/2013 10:21:14 PM

mod mod mod really need your help! is 3 1/2 red solo cups full of drink enough for people to have each at a party? my mom seems to think so but im not so sure

Hey girlie,

I think that sounds like plenty, and if anyone is still thirsty you can always give them water Smile Have a good party!

Meghan D.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/23/2013 9:49:51 PM

I try to compromise with my sister too, but she's year younger then me and is pretty darn smart. Whenever I have sleepovers with my friends over, she doesn't leave my friend and I alone. It gets so annoying. She gets in my buesiness a lot too and makes fun of everything I do! I do love her, but sometimes I wish I could get a lot of distance from her sometimes...

by YouCanCallMeCat on 2/23/2013 8:39:36 AM

I have a serious problem, and its driving me mad! my older sister is the one who makes the money in the house, so basically, she thinks shes a queen and that she rules the world.. shes 10 years older than me, and shes always on my case. i do anything and shes off telling someone about it. last week i commented on a picture on facebook, and made a spelling mistake, and she completely flipped out about it and started telling me that im stupid and my comment was unnecessary!! and it wasnt her picture or anything! but i love my sister, and i hate being rude, so i try and smile and talk to her, but she just treats me terribly. now shes got a boyfriend, and she'll say anything to make him laugh, last time she called me a snob infront of him just to get a laugh, but it wasnt funny.... i really dont know what to do anymore, and i cant tell my mum, cos it doesnt help.. i've resulted to hurting my self now, and i know its not good, but i dont know what else to do.. please help.

hey! i'm really sorry you're going through this hard time right now. Here are some things you can do to feel better, and stop hurting yourself.

1) Talk to someone. Please, I really urge you to find someone, anyone, to talk to about the fact that you've started to hurt yourself. It doesn't have to be a family member. You shouldn't have to go through this alone. Not only will talking to someone ease some of the mental stress, but hey will be able to help you find resources in your community that help deal with depression in healthy ways. Don't be ashamed. Everyone goes through similar situations, there is  nothing wrong with you, and there is nothing wrong with getting help. I know you can do it. Here are some online resources that may help you out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

2) Stand up for yourself. It is never rude to tell someone who's mistreating you in any way to back off, and stop it. They are being rude. not you. It's important to establish this dynamic with your sister because if she learns that she can just say whatever she wants to you, it sounds like she will. Remain calm, but be clear that it's not ok for her to bully you. Tell her, "stop treating me like this, you know better than that."

3) Your sister loves you, no matter how much of a jerk she's being, and the fact that she's earning money for your family at such a young age may be part of why she's acting out. Also, sometimes people go to silly lengths to get attention from boys. She will get over this phase eventually and will probably regret that she was acting so dumb, trust me. It's important for you to keep these things in mind, because instead of building resentment toward her, now may be the time she needs your support more than ever, even if she won't ask you for it. It sounds to me like you're already doing a great job of this. You just need to balance kindness and patience toward her with letting her know that she can't bully you. This is extremely difficult, and it will be tempting to just lose your temper at her. If you are able to avoid that, you two will have a healthy relationship where you deal with your conflicts in mature ways.

Helen S.

by Eilz001 on 2/23/2013 6:37:12 AM

Hey! I am so sorry, that happened to you. I can't even imagine how hard that must be, or how much courage it takes for you to just go about your normal life with that weighing you down. I'm just very proud of you for being you, and carrying on, and I want you to know that you don't have to go through this alone. It takes an enormous amount of courage to talk about something like this with someone, but ultimately that is how to conquer fear. Don't let it paralyze you, please find someone you trust and speak out. Doesn't have to be a doctor if you're uncomfortable with that. Your health concern is another factor. You need to be able to talk to a doctor about that, maybe a female doctor at a clinic or something if that makes you more comfortable. But I understand why you don't want to, so the first step is to talk about what happened. It is never ever too late. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Helen S.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/23/2013 1:46:29 AM

mod mod mod

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could make a list of things you like about yourself and review it when you're feeling down. I would also talk to a trusted adult like a guidance counselor or family member or doctor about what you're going through, and check out this article for additional help: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 2/22/2013 10:36:32 PM

mod mod mod

Hey girlie,

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.