3 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

4 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

5 HOURS AGO You've never had a crush...should you be worried: http://t.co/HCuRItau98

COMMENTS

Pad prob! How do I get them from my locker to the bathroom?

I just recently started my period, and I keep my pads in my backpack. How can I get from my locker to the bathroom without...

guess what you guys. I had my very first period this wensday ( march 13 I think). and I didn't feel a thing. it. was very light. there was barely and blood. but yesterday and today I kept getting blood. it is still very light. my mom said it's my period , which I beleive too, but should it be like this? mom bought me pads but all I really need is a kinda thick pantie liner. today it was only a little AGAIN. is this normal?

Hey PurpleRain08, yep that's normal. Consider yourself lucky. You have a light and easy flow. Some girls have really heavy ones with cramps and soreness. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by PurpleRain08 on 3/15/2013 6:53:49 PM

When I wear a long sleeve shirt I sometimes slip them up my sleeve when I walk to the bathroom. The last thing I want the guys in my classroom to know is that I am going to insert a tampon. But sometimes you have to deal with it during class, what else can you do.

by fashionqn on 3/14/2013 11:04:25 PM

Mod!
I've had my period for a year now, but it's been extremely long since my last cycle (at least for me). I haven't gotten my period since around Christmas of 2012. Normally, my periods are around twenty or thirty days apart, but I've never had a gap this long before. I went ahead and did the math, and it's been 72 days since my last period. The longest gap I've had before this was like thirty five or forty days. Should I tell someone?

Hey girlie, that is unusual, especially if your period has always been fairly regular in the past. You might want to talk to a doctor about it if you don't get it again soon. There are a lot of natural reasons like stress that you may not be getting your period, but it might be best to rule out any medical problems.

Lauren T.

by elmerbear on 3/10/2013 6:30:19 PM

okay i had my first period febuary 27 i got through it but i need tips on how to prepare/deal with having my period

Hey girl, check out this page and see if it helps:

We have everything you need to know about all things period! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by treashow13 on 3/9/2013 11:11:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
omg I have this problem too, but mine is like worse. At my school we're not allowed to carry bags, or go to our lockers during class time because the teachers think its a safety hazard. What should I do when Im on my period and I need to change my tampon in the middle of class?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could go between classes in the middle of class and put one in your sleeve or pocket, or put one in your lunchbox and change at lunch. You could also put one in your binder or planner if you go between classes!

Meghan D.

by Kat_13 on 3/9/2013 12:50:19 AM

So I was wondering if when you get your period is genetic. My mom got hers at a very late age and I was wondering if mine will come at the same time. I know I shouldn't be worried(I'm only 12) but it seems like all my friends have started theirs. Should I be worried?

by cocomc9910 on 2/28/2013 7:20:49 PM

MOD
Is it true you can't go into the ocean with your period? Because of sharks, and other vicious blood loving fishies. I've heard it a few times! Maybe it only applies to going deep in the ocean? Or not at all?

Hey girlie, I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that's just a myth. If you're just going to the beach and playing in the water you should be fine.

Lauren T.

by 5555fanny on 2/27/2013 7:02:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Hi there is a 5k run in a little less than a month, and for the past three weeks I have not worked out a bit because I got really sick with a nasty bug going around. I am better today and am going to start training again, but what I am asking is: Is a month or less enough time to get in shape from basically zero (I have never jogged or ran) to 3.1 miles? I would like to accomplish this, but I don't want to strain my body. Thank soooo much in advance!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

I think it depends on how sick you are/have been, how fit you are and how much time you can devote to training. I would talk to your gym teacher or another fitness professional about developing a plan to get you into shape while not straining yourself, and I would make sure your parents are ok with it, too. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by Ralinia on 2/25/2013 6:43:03 PM

I keep my pads in a small blue bag in my backpack, but when I have to go to the bathroom on my period, I feel like everybody notices that I'm carrying a bag, and I get really embarrassed! Also, on gym days, I feel like people can see (or possibly hear) the pad when I get changed...Any suggestions? Thank you SO much!

Hey girlie,

I think it's ok if people see the bag--they might think you are fixing your hair or putting on lipgloss! You could also try some of the other tricks like putting it in your waistband or sleeve. And it's ok if other people know you have a pad on gym days, because they are girls too and are going through the same thing you are Smile

Meghan D.

by livvirox12 on 2/23/2013 9:35:59 PM

MOD. I feel a little old to be using this site (I'm 16), but maybe you can help me. I feel like I have a new crush every week. I cannot settle on a guy to save my life. I like a guy for a week, realize he isn't what I want, then move on. I haven't been able to linger long enough for a guy to even have the chance to notice me. Why am I so picky? Also, I had a very bad experience with a guy who I completely sold my heart to for three years and then he turned me down. That may have something to do with it. I don't know. Please help me!
Thanks.

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to be indecisive, and there's nothing wrong with keeping your options open! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with a guy in the past, but the good news is that there are plenty of great guys out there, too. Maybe you could make friends with a few guys and get to know them better--once you know them you might have stronger feelings about what you like and don't like in a guy. And it's ok to go crushless for a while, too!

Meghan D.