5 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

8 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

9 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

Pad prob! How do I get them from my locker to the bathroom?

I just recently started my period, and I keep my pads in my backpack. How can I get from my locker to the bathroom without...

Mod Mod Mod
Lynae P.,
Pads are not an option because the workout is really hard and an hour and a half long. It's realllly uncomfortable running so hard and long on a pad. And instead of exercise making my period lighter it just makes it heavier, so an hour and a half is equal to much longer. And even if it weren't for all that, the pads I use would need to be longer. But that would make them even more uncomfortable so I don't want to. And we have to do ab work too, lots if crunches and pushups, and that makes me bleed even more.

Hey flutist99, ok yeah it sounds like tampons will be better for you. It seems like you were nervous about inserting it, but it's easy. Get the smallest size so it won't be uncomfortable for you. Prop one leg on the shower and maybe grab a mirror so you can see. Then take your time putting it in, and you're good to go. Think that will work for you? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by flutist99 on 7/9/2013 6:05:44 PM

mod mod mod
Help! I feel like my period is coming up and that wouldn't be a problem except I usually get it in the morning and now that it is summer I am going to a really challenging running camp. Pads are not an option so I will need to use tampons. I don't know how though and I get up at 5:45 and I am picked up by my friend's dad at 6:10. If I get my period suddenly I can't learn how to use a tampon in such a short amount of time! What do I do if I get it? Should I just call in sick and skip that day? I don't want to because every day counts and I'm missing so much anyway because of vacation. Is there anything else I can do? All I need is to postpone it for 2 days, then I will be on vacation. Is there anything for that? Thanks!

Hey flutist99, why are pads not an option? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by flutist99 on 7/9/2013 5:26:48 PM

Put it in the waistband of your pants/skirt/whatever or in your bra. You could also just have a small case that you could say is makeup and bring that with you.

by Lovely_Lili on 7/7/2013 4:06:23 AM

if your waring jeans you could shove a pad in your back pocket and pull your shirt down over it so no one sees it.

by Tazzy2200 on 7/6/2013 9:29:01 PM

Once I get my period I think I will leak.At school I barely leave class to go anywhere.Also when I wear pads or pantyliner's they bunch.I also feel uncomfortable in pads.What should I do.

Hey girl! You can try pads with wings, so you can wrap them around your underwear, or you can try to use tampons. Good luck! xx

Hannah M

by elle 415 on 6/26/2013 4:04:07 AM

Yesterday my stomach and back hurt, and I was really hungry and craving a certain food. My mind has been foggy lately, too. My mom got her period when she was fourteen. I'm twelve, and my boobs have been growing for about 2 years, and I've had discharge about as long. I also felt a little dizzy. Yesterday I was tired and it was really bad, but today it's barely there. Is this maybe signs of my first period?
Thanks! MOD MOD MOD please answer!

Hey girl,

You're probably super close to your first period.  Make sure you're prepped just in case- check out this GL article for extra help: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/10/18/First-Period-Prep.aspx

xo

Caroline C.

by lil'beautylover27 on 6/24/2013 2:36:07 AM

I cannot stand the sight of blood. So every time I change my tampon when I'm on my period I feel like I'm gonna throw up and pass out. I can't do this every month

Hey girlie, just take deep breaths when you do it to keep yourself calm. Eventually, you should get used to it and it won't be a big deal anymore.

Lauren T.

by DMlover123 on 6/3/2013 7:13:53 PM

my period is so super heavy and last forever. 19 days long forever. it got so bad we went to the doctor and got put on birth control. that didnt help. they were 28-day cycle pills. i started my period on a friday and started taking the pills sunday. my period lasted 30 days. 30 WHOLE DAYS. over spring break!! we called the doc and they put me on stronger ones. they were 3 month pills, so ill have my period every 3 months. i expected to start on the 4th week on the pills because my body isnt used to it. i did start; however i havent ended. its been 21 days! i cant go swimming because of it too! its too heavy to go swimming but too light to wear a small tampon! help me!!!!!

Hey ctate98, mhmm you could try wearing a pantyliner. Sometimes water can stop the flow of blood, so you may be able to go swimming. I know I wish periods weren't so bad. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by ctate98 on 6/2/2013 10:39:17 PM

is it bad that you don't get your period and its been a 2 months since I'v had it

by nata7780 on 5/11/2013 4:23:07 PM

on Tuesday may 7 2013 i'm 12 and at school my periond leaked through my pads and undie and jeans should i switch to a thicker pad or should i change it more often.

by nata7780 on 5/11/2013 4:18:14 PM

what I do is I tell my teacher that i have to go to the washroom. then i go to my bag tuck it into my jeans waistband or hide it in a pocket then go to the washroom.

by nata7780 on 5/11/2013 4:11:16 PM

So, my periods been late for awhile, but I just got it the other day again, but I wasn't expecting it this week. You see, my birthday party is tomorrow, and it's swimming. I have to swim at my own party, right? I don't talk to my mom about it, and even if I did, she's going to be gone until the party starts. I don't have any tampons, and neither does she (I've checked). So what should I do about this? Thanks.

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to be irregular with your period at first! You could hang poolside in shorts, or if you've tried tampons before, you could ask your dad or an older sibling to take you to the store to get some. It might be a little awkward, but they'll totally understand, and it would be way better than missing out on your party. Happy birthday!

Meghan D.

by Cukoclook on 5/10/2013 10:53:31 PM

Modmodmod
Is it true that if you do a lot of sports you might
Not get your period!
Please help I'm 13 and sill haven't gotten mine.
And my parents say its because I do gymnastics
Thanks!

Hey sporty girl! No matter what, you will get your period sooner or later.  You are still pretty young so it can happen within the next year or so.  Playing sports may slow the process down because when you are active your periods tend to be lighter and shorter.  Don't worry your lil present will come when its ready.
Elizabeth K.

by hjade12 on 5/9/2013 10:27:03 PM

MOD I just got my "you know what" today. I need some advise on talking to my Mom about it. I already told her, but started crying because she makes everything so awkward. I just don't know what to do about it! Also I don't know how to bring pads around school. Im afraid that if I put them in my pocket they will fall out. Also if I put them in my pencil case or a purse, my friends and even guys will go through it not knowing pads are in there. Also with my pencil case, my friends and others go into my pencil case without asking looking for a pencil or something. Please help!!!

Hey girl, just take a deep breath and do your best to remain calm while you talk to your mom about your period.  She's been through this before too, so she'll probs be more understanding than you think.  If there's a little pocket in the inside of your purse, you can stick a pad in there.  You could also wrap it with a tissue to disguise it if you like.  Ask your friends not to go through your purse.  If they do and they find a pad, then the joke's on them.  They'll probs be more embarrassed than you.  Just keep your cool and exude confidence.  If they ask about the pad, just be like, yeah, I started my period.  No big deal.  You got this.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by coolso3 on 5/1/2013 4:05:00 PM

What I do is I put a pad in each of my shoes, right under my heel, before I go to school. Then whenever I need it, I go to the bathroom and untie my shoe and use it! Then I stuff one in my pocket before I go to lunch and put it in my shoe in the bathroom at lunch!

by fabina962 on 4/19/2013 10:59:37 AM

1. buy a mini purse or backpack filled with tampons, pads, make up, etc.
2. tell your teacher its an emergencey "girl thing"
3.put them under your shoe
4.some girls put them inside their bra!
xoxo- iluvsqrls5

by iluvsqrls5 on 4/16/2013 8:13:56 PM

I have 2 questions about periods...
1) My period comes every other month but lasts about ten days. Should I see a doctor?
2) My school is going through major renovation, and we don't have lockers anymore... I can't go to the bathroom between classes because its way to crowded, and I don't want to be late! How can I go to the bathroom in class, and bring pads? We have to carry ouur bookbags now between classes, so that's where my pads are. I sit next to guys is a lot of classes, so I don't know how I could discreetly get a pad out, and go to the bathrrom.
Thanks Smile

hey! 1) when in doubt, it never hurts to see the doctor 2) maybe keep one in your back pocket then you can just get up and go without rummaging around, good luck!

Helen S.

by emmabess on 4/6/2013 12:09:42 PM

Im still in elementary school so I keep pads in my desk and I've always done that. But today some guys in my class went through my desk and found them when i was in Orchestra! I didnt know so when I came back to art class some boys laughed at me. My friend (lets call her get R) R said I need to tell you something. I thought that I had leaked and there was blood down there but no. She said that T and K had found a pad in my desk. I was so embarressed I broke down and cried. Is that bad?? I didnt want the teacher to know because those guys are my friends and they didn know what it was but they found out. They werent teasing me but still. They got in trouble and were told not to talk to me, im afraid that they will always look at me funny now. How do I get from my desk to the bathroom? And please help im still embarressed. -_- MOD MOD MOD MOD PLEASE!!!!!!

hey! if they start acting weird, just act like it doesn't bug you and eventually they'll forget about it. try putting the pads in a small bag that you can carry to the restroom if you need to. good luck!

Helen S.

by LunaEstrellas on 4/4/2013 6:51:54 PM

How did u post this

by kayseyM on 3/19/2013 9:32:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just put in a tampon for the first time and it doesn't hurt it just feels like its not far "in" enough. I don't wanna take it out though cause I'm scared it will hurt (cause I just put it in and I don't think it's absorbed enough blood yet)

Hey girlie,

It might just feel weird since it's your first time, but if you're not sure you could ask your mom to make sure you have it in right.

Meghan D.

by DMlover123 on 3/16/2013 9:31:18 PM

guess what you guys. I had my very first period this wensday ( march 13 I think). and I didn't feel a thing. it. was very light. there was barely and blood. but yesterday and today I kept getting blood. it is still very light. my mom said it's my period , which I beleive too, but should it be like this? mom bought me pads but all I really need is a kinda thick pantie liner. today it was only a little AGAIN. is this normal?

Hey PurpleRain08, yep that's normal. Consider yourself lucky. You have a light and easy flow. Some girls have really heavy ones with cramps and soreness. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by PurpleRain08 on 3/15/2013 6:53:49 PM

When I wear a long sleeve shirt I sometimes slip them up my sleeve when I walk to the bathroom. The last thing I want the guys in my classroom to know is that I am going to insert a tampon. But sometimes you have to deal with it during class, what else can you do.

by fashionqn on 3/14/2013 11:04:25 PM

Mod!
I've had my period for a year now, but it's been extremely long since my last cycle (at least for me). I haven't gotten my period since around Christmas of 2012. Normally, my periods are around twenty or thirty days apart, but I've never had a gap this long before. I went ahead and did the math, and it's been 72 days since my last period. The longest gap I've had before this was like thirty five or forty days. Should I tell someone?

Hey girlie, that is unusual, especially if your period has always been fairly regular in the past. You might want to talk to a doctor about it if you don't get it again soon. There are a lot of natural reasons like stress that you may not be getting your period, but it might be best to rule out any medical problems.

Lauren T.

by elmerbear on 3/10/2013 6:30:19 PM

okay i had my first period febuary 27 i got through it but i need tips on how to prepare/deal with having my period

Hey girl, check out this page and see if it helps:

We have everything you need to know about all things period! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by treashow13 on 3/9/2013 11:11:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
omg I have this problem too, but mine is like worse. At my school we're not allowed to carry bags, or go to our lockers during class time because the teachers think its a safety hazard. What should I do when Im on my period and I need to change my tampon in the middle of class?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could go between classes in the middle of class and put one in your sleeve or pocket, or put one in your lunchbox and change at lunch. You could also put one in your binder or planner if you go between classes!

Meghan D.

by Kat_13 on 3/9/2013 12:50:19 AM

So I was wondering if when you get your period is genetic. My mom got hers at a very late age and I was wondering if mine will come at the same time. I know I shouldn't be worried(I'm only 12) but it seems like all my friends have started theirs. Should I be worried?

by cocomc9910 on 2/28/2013 7:20:49 PM

MOD
Is it true you can't go into the ocean with your period? Because of sharks, and other vicious blood loving fishies. I've heard it a few times! Maybe it only applies to going deep in the ocean? Or not at all?

Hey girlie, I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that's just a myth. If you're just going to the beach and playing in the water you should be fine.

Lauren T.

by 5555fanny on 2/27/2013 7:02:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Hi there is a 5k run in a little less than a month, and for the past three weeks I have not worked out a bit because I got really sick with a nasty bug going around. I am better today and am going to start training again, but what I am asking is: Is a month or less enough time to get in shape from basically zero (I have never jogged or ran) to 3.1 miles? I would like to accomplish this, but I don't want to strain my body. Thank soooo much in advance!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

I think it depends on how sick you are/have been, how fit you are and how much time you can devote to training. I would talk to your gym teacher or another fitness professional about developing a plan to get you into shape while not straining yourself, and I would make sure your parents are ok with it, too. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by Ralinia on 2/25/2013 6:43:03 PM

I keep my pads in a small blue bag in my backpack, but when I have to go to the bathroom on my period, I feel like everybody notices that I'm carrying a bag, and I get really embarrassed! Also, on gym days, I feel like people can see (or possibly hear) the pad when I get changed...Any suggestions? Thank you SO much!

Hey girlie,

I think it's ok if people see the bag--they might think you are fixing your hair or putting on lipgloss! You could also try some of the other tricks like putting it in your waistband or sleeve. And it's ok if other people know you have a pad on gym days, because they are girls too and are going through the same thing you are Smile

Meghan D.

by livvirox12 on 2/23/2013 9:35:59 PM

MOD. I feel a little old to be using this site (I'm 16), but maybe you can help me. I feel like I have a new crush every week. I cannot settle on a guy to save my life. I like a guy for a week, realize he isn't what I want, then move on. I haven't been able to linger long enough for a guy to even have the chance to notice me. Why am I so picky? Also, I had a very bad experience with a guy who I completely sold my heart to for three years and then he turned me down. That may have something to do with it. I don't know. Please help me!
Thanks.

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to be indecisive, and there's nothing wrong with keeping your options open! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with a guy in the past, but the good news is that there are plenty of great guys out there, too. Maybe you could make friends with a few guys and get to know them better--once you know them you might have stronger feelings about what you like and don't like in a guy. And it's ok to go crushless for a while, too!

Meghan D.

by solosinger7 on 2/23/2013 9:25:52 PM

I keep pads in a little makeup purse that I carry around with me in school all day. Works well on trips to the bathroom but everyone thinks it is just a pencil case! Smile

by BabyDahl13 on 2/23/2013 9:01:51 PM

what I do is I put my tampons (and sometimes pads) in my boot or i will put my pads in the back pocket of my jeans. if you use tampons without an applicator or they are the compact ones, you can put them in the front pocket of your jeans and they just look like chapstick.

by MMicaela17 on 2/23/2013 2:36:26 PM

I stuff my bra with pads. No one has a clue and it's no worries about it falling or anything. Even when I was really small it worked

by black3lab on 2/23/2013 12:46:28 PM

Mod c:
OK first off, can you hide this?
So I actually asked this all ready but I forget what article I commented on. So basically around thanks giving I got my period and I had it for about 4 days...But ever since then I've haven't had it and I'm back to discharge....Whats up with that?

Hey! sometimes they first year can be irregular. You can also ask your doctor about any concerns his/her opinion will be the most valuable to you.

Helen S.

by Chloe<3 on 2/23/2013 11:29:10 AM

by nazirah817 on 2/23/2013 9:49:40 AM

I haven't had my period yet, but I keep pads in a clutch just in case I get it or my discharge is really heavy.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 2/23/2013 9:22:48 AM

So I have my period. I got it once but I'm getting it again this week but for 4 days my legs are hurting. And my mom said it could be my period but I asked my friends who have their period and they said that doesn't really happen to them. So should I go to the doctor? Answer ASAP. Thanks.

Yes, talk to your doctor about all of these questions Smile You may very well be fine, but since we're not doctors and we can't even see you face to face, it's not for us to tell you what's fine and what isn't. You know your body. Trust your instincts and talk to your doc!

Helen S.

by doglover463 on 2/23/2013 7:55:15 AM

I keep my tampons in a certain pocket in my binder.

by sarahaqua17 on 2/23/2013 12:10:29 AM

MODERATOR MODERATOR
So I like this guys but he's a grade older than me so today was the end of the trimester which means I won't have another class with him and he knows I like him so tonight I sent him a text about how I like him and stuff and today in class he told me he was moving out of state Frown so 1) I'm really sad about that 2) what do I do if he doesn't answer my text I'm really nervous and 3) I think he likes me he tickled me a lot in class today and we talk and text a lot, but since he's a grade older than me I don't know when (or if he would want to) hang out. Please reply! Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie,

Now that you have told him that you like him, it's up to him to make the next move. He knows how you feel, so he'll say something if he likes you too. Otherwise, he might not be ready for a relationship or might not want to start something because he's moving. If he doesn't mention it, I would just go back to being friends and if he does like you he'll bring it up!

Meghan D.

by Redkyffin on 2/23/2013 12:00:42 AM

I put them in my wallet with my lunch money and go into the bathroom before lunch.

by supersingershannon on 2/22/2013 11:57:52 PM

@beaky54321 that's what I do too! Haha great minds think alike Smile

by Redkyffin on 2/22/2013 11:57:40 PM

Hello all, over night I came up with a pretty cool club called "Beauty Facts" which is just a place were tips and tricks about beauty is posted and you can post some of your own beauty secrets. Hope you will join! Smilexoxo

by Chloe<3 on 2/22/2013 11:57:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Hi I was just wondering if you can flush pads and tampons down the toilet? Thanks in advance!!!

Hey girlie,

You should not ever flush pads or tampons, it is really bad for the plumbing and causes a lot of problems! Always throw them in the trash Smile

Meghan D.

by 66soccergirl on 2/22/2013 10:29:17 PM

sometimes if the time's close enough i can wait until lunch and stuff them in my lunch bag then hit the bathroom before i go to lunch idk if anyone else does this but it works for me Smile

by Casey_cookie on 2/22/2013 10:13:22 PM

Mod mod mod
Thank you for your advice. I'm in a really sticky situation right now. last week my friend told me something pretty private about herself that she has been keeping from my friends and me for a while. It doesn't bother me coz what she told me i can totally understand why she would be hesitant to let us know. Only 2 out of my 6 friends, not including her know. This means they can kind of tell we know something that they don't about this friend. They keep asking and i don't know what to tell them. I don't want to tell them because this friend has the right to tell them herself. What can i do??

Hey girlie,

I would just try to change the subject since it's not your secret! Your friend can tell them if she wants to, but if not just try not to talk about it since it's not yours to tell. Eventually they will get the hint that you aren't going to tell them and will drop the subject.

Meghan D.

by Summalovin on 2/22/2013 9:57:49 PM

When I get ready in the morning I put on two pads. Then, when I go to the bathroom I just peel off the one on top. No one knows and there is no embarrassing ripping noise when I open them in the bathroom!

by beaky54321 on 2/22/2013 9:43:51 PM

Mod mod mod
My friend and i have a group oral presentation coming up on tuesday. I get super nervous when i get up in front of the class and start to talk really fast. Its so awkward. Any ideas how i can seem more confidant and get a good mark for this?? We have to talk for 3 min each.

Hey girlie,

I would practice your presentation on your family or friends, or someone else you feel comfortable speaking in front of. Then when you are giving the presentation in class, imagine you are saying it to them and you will feel more comfortable! Good luck chica!

Meghan D.

by Summalovin on 2/22/2013 9:15:30 PM

I completely agree with JuliaE. Its also safer just in case it falls out of your sleeve.

by mssmith123 on 2/22/2013 9:09:21 PM

You can also wear tall boots, like Uggs, and put it in there. It's what I do, and I think its easier and more comfortable than in a waistband or sleeve. Good luck!

by JuliaE on 2/22/2013 8:08:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Im losing a lot of weight and this summer i want a bikini. One prob tho i hav huge boobies im 5 8 and am wodering what to get im also REALLY curvy. Any advice?

Hey bunnyboo2225, show off that curvasous figure in a two piece, or cut out one piece. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by bunnyboo2224 on 2/22/2013 7:35:46 PM

I put mine in my boot when I have to(: works like a charm!

by LittleMissDippy on 2/22/2013 7:26:08 PM

Or in your shoes.

by karenbug88 on 2/22/2013 7:09:17 PM

Me and my bgf were texting and we got in a fight about group project were doing. He said I was leading the group wrong. He hasn't texted me back and I'm fine with that but I'm a little worried about what's going to happen when I see him at school on Monday, I don't know what I should do at all.
HELP!

Hey zebranista<3, I'm sure he'll be over it by Monday. It sounds like you're almost done with the argument. No worries. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by zebranista<3 on 2/22/2013 6:28:01 PM

Mod
Hey so I'm going to Florida in April and I want to be in good shape by then. I'm at a healthy weight (approx 120 lbs 5'2.5") but my stomach isn't flat. I eat a pretty good diet and I'm trying to eat super healthy leading up to the trip. I play field hockey and I'm starting this training program and I work out a few times a week, but I have trouble pushing myself. It's not that I get tired, it's just that I want to stop so I do, even though I know that I can and should keep going. Anyway, how can I get my stomach to be flat and TONED (I want a good bikini body but to look strong) and any tips on pushing myself when I workout? Thanks a ton! 💖

Hey Miaboo123, check out our HEALTH&FITNESS page for some tips. Just type"toned tummy" or "flat stomach" in the searchbox and you'll get a bunch of articles. Adding music to workouts can keep your energy up. Even looking at pictures of the body you want will motivate you. Read some positive quotes for added inspiration. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Miaboo123 on 2/22/2013 6:27:11 PM

Another way is that if you have agendas at school, and have to sign out of them to go somewhere, put them in a page of your agenda... but make sure it does not fall out. Just put it towards the bottom and make sure you arm is there!

by Ariana101 on 2/22/2013 6:13:30 PM

You can also use the back pocket of your jeans

by puella94 on 2/22/2013 6:03:05 PM

my friends put them in their boots

by paigepanda11 on 2/22/2013 5:25:13 PM

Another way during the winter is to put them in the sides of ur boot or bottom of your skinny jeans. Smile

by loveyourlife43 on 2/22/2013 5:03:18 PM