12 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

15 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

16 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

The Scoop: Would guys date girls two years younger?

Would you ever date a girl who is two years younger than you? And how would you feel if she started to talk to you suddenly? Would...

OMG Same with me, this guy whos 15 and im 13 this year ALWAYS Flirts with me, and says " Are u sure you don't have a older sister? " Because he says im pretty, Or he says " Oh im just wearing this jacket to impress you " Lol hes funny but its so awesome too have a 15 year old crush on you!!!

by mozilla10 on 3/25/2013 5:35:25 PM

Mostly all of my boyfriends have been 1-3 years older.But younger? Ha. Forget about it. I dunno why Im hypocritical about that,but I am.I realized in highschool,people make a big deal out of a freshman and an upperclassmen.But it's not really a big deal at all.Theres an age difference,but maturity levels depends on who/how the person was raised near or as. Usually teenage boys are alot more immature than you think, but still, be careful.

by Nessaurus on 3/12/2013 5:25:02 PM

My parents are 15 years apart lol. And I like a guy 4 years older than me and he is a really good friend of mine.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 3/5/2013 11:41:36 AM

The two guys I like are both juniors and I'm a freshman... and my parents are 10 years apart. I think age really isn't that big of a deal though it's got downsides...

by unicornninja on 3/4/2013 6:55:11 PM

MOD mod mod is it wrong for a 13 year old and a 16 year old to date if they know each other for about 2 years.

Hey girlie, that's kind of a big gap at that age, but if you both like each other and you're comfortable with it then it's not a big deal.

Lauren T.

by neshell3 on 3/4/2013 6:31:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm in 8th grade and I like this 11th grader and he really likes me. Is it ok to date?

Hey girl, if you, the 11th grader, and the people close to you who care about you (ahem, like the 'rents) all feel comfortable with this dating sitch, then go for it.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by Countrygirl82 on 3/3/2013 11:34:28 PM

my friend is a freshman and she's dating a junior...not a huge deal

by myfatsquirrel on 3/2/2013 11:18:49 PM

my parents are 11 years apart

by Gizmo001155 on 3/1/2013 11:34:35 PM

Mod mod mod
there's a cute guy in my class and to know if he likes me but I cant tell.I think he may like someone else I just cant tell

Hey girlie,

Check out this article for signs on whether or not he might like you Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/11/08/How-to-tell-if-he-likes-you-likes-you.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by tgirlonfire on 3/1/2013 11:16:22 PM

2 years isnt much of an age difference. A lot of the girls at my school are dating older guys, and many of them 2 years or more. Many guys our age just arent mature and dont understand relationships like we do.

by fashionqn on 3/1/2013 10:17:48 PM

I'm a freshmen in high school, and there's a guy 1 year behind me, in middle school. Next year, he'll be in high school with me, and we're both into the same things,and will have some classes together, but his dad is my math teacher, and my mom is his music teacher this year. Would it be weird for us to date? My friends say to go for it (next year of course) but we don't talk much now...

Hey Eve W, no not at all. If you like him, make a move. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Eve W on 3/1/2013 8:05:29 PM

join my club divas101

by nickisongz on 3/1/2013 6:43:16 PM

olivia192000 i turned 13 in august nd my guy turned 15 in october i dont think the age really matters mayb have him over so your rents can meet him and c wat he's like.

by codyvictoriamiranda on 3/1/2013 6:17:12 PM

Yes. My BF is 1yr. 10months and 12 days older than me. I don't think it really matters. I mean if he was like 8 yrs older then rite now probably wouldn't be very good... maybe in a couple of years but not now. But 2yrs. isn't bad it doesn't matter. You 2 are happy together?!?!? No one cares. And if they do it's their problem.

by codyvictoriamiranda on 3/1/2013 6:14:54 PM

My friend, we are freshmen. She is dating a Junior right now so I don't think it will matter if you date a guy 2 years older.

by HockeyLuver on 3/1/2013 6:01:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm 12 and the guy I like is 15. I really like him and he likes me, but my parents says i can't date him because of the age difference. I like him cuz hes more mature then other guys. How do I convince my parents to let me date him?

Hey olivia192000, maybe have him over for dinner so they can meet him. Once they see how sweet he is they may change their minds. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by olivia192000 on 3/1/2013 5:48:06 PM

Everyone is different though. Liam Payne and Danielle have like six years apart and they are madly in love!

by BabyDahl13 on 3/1/2013 4:13:09 PM

Hey GL chicas! Check out my club, It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! We have advice for any fashion/beauty sitch. Please check it out girlies! <3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 3/1/2013 4:06:52 PM

a lot of people at our school date one up or one below. Like sophomores normally date other sophomores, juniors or freshmen.

by luve2cheer on 3/1/2013 3:39:34 PM

my boyfriend and i just started dating three days ago. he's my first one (i'm only 12), so i'm still kinda nervous and getting the hang of things. when we sit together on the bus, he trys really hard to get a conversation going, but most of the time it's about what his friends have done that was idiotic, which is funny sometimes, but those conversations end really fast. i'd say somthing that happened to me that day, but i'm afraid that i'll come off as that girlfriend that only talks about herself, or that those topics will die off, too. today it just got too quiet, so i gave him one of my ear buds and we listened to some music (i let him choose so i wouldn't pick something he hated on accident). do you have any advice on topics that would be a good jumping-off point for a really long conversation?

Maybe you should talk about yourself more and ask questions about himself. It seems like you guys need to get to know each other more, rather than each others friends! This will make your relationship more comfortable and less awkward! Good luck!

mailyse f.

by soccacheer on 3/1/2013 3:36:13 PM

I feel like there is no way to generalize the whole age thing because everybody is different and every person matures at a different rate. To me, 3 years older or 3 years younger would be a bit much no matter what but I think 2 years could be ok. It really depends on the guy and how mature he is and how mature you are. If a guy was really mature and I really clicked with him but he was 2 years younger then me..I'd still go for it. And same with if a guy was 2 years older, so long as I felt like we were on the same page in terms of maturity. I think age in terms of one or two years isn't important and people turn it into WAY to big of a deal. Like there's this guy in my chem class who is dating a girl two years older then him and honestly they have the best and most long lasting relationship out of anyone I know....so if you feel like the age difference isn't a big deal go for it, and don't let other people turn it into one.

by maggie183 on 3/1/2013 2:15:17 PM

Once you're older, 2 years is nothing. Until college, I wouldn't date a guy 2 years younger simply because I have a sister 2 years younger and it would seem weird. But now I'm dating a guy who's literally like 2 weeks younger than me, but because we're born in summer I'm a freshman and he's in 8th grade. Simply because he's a middle schooler some people at my school think it's a little weird but it really isn't when we're around each other.

by dragonsrox1000 on 3/1/2013 9:42:58 AM

my midterms are coming this week and i really want to make sure i get an A+ on all the tests.i need all the advices and tips i can get inorder to pass.thanks!Smile

Good luck!

mailyse f.

by Hot mess on 3/1/2013 7:34:49 AM

by Emilicious on 3/1/2013 1:45:31 AM

Well my parents are 10 years apart and been married 25 years. It only seems odd when your young. As you get older the gap gets smaller, but I'll admit its pretty weird to think when my dad was 18 my mom was 8...But when you think of it when my mom was 25 and my dad was 35 it doesn't sound so weird!

by Chloe<3 on 3/1/2013 12:10:23 AM