12 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

13 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalk—get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

14 HOURS AGO The challenge is on, stylish sweeties! Enter the @mkc_couture #StyleSelfie contest: http://t.co/Ufc33qWyNE pic.twitter.com/FgoCyUPQST

COMMENTS

Have a happier period--yes, really!--with our playlist

Ugh, it’s that time of the month again, and Mother Nature is taking no mercy on you. Cramps, backaches and moodiness galore! How do you stay on...

pretty much any Taylor Swift is good too

by animallover0 on 6/11/2013 6:38:20 PM

Thanks so much! I'm so going to use this!

by animallover0 on 6/11/2013 4:36:00 PM

Do you have to wear a pantyliner with a tampon? Someone told me it's better.

by walkthemoon11 on 5/15/2013 5:20:45 PM

I'm 12 almost 13 and had discharge for about 3 years now, every week or so I have cramps non stop all day long, and a 'feeling down there' like I'm about to start but nothing at all! This has been going on since July 2012 and its May 2013 now, it's still going on. I'm 5'2, 36B and had pubic hair for about a year and a half now. It comes exactly like a period, all the symptoms and everything (and I mean ALL) everything but a flow. It really sucks and I feel left out help please!!

Hey girlie, it sounds like you should probably get your period soon. If this continues with no flow, talk to your doctor about it.

Lauren T.

by nicole camo love on 5/12/2013 7:04:34 PM

I love the song 'I Would' by 1D.♥ I helps me forget about all my pain when I'm on my period.Smile

by Phallon on 5/4/2013 9:37:10 PM

Well almost all of my friends have had their period by now (I'm in 6th grade) and it might sound crazy, but I kinda want it to go ahead and come along so that I don't feel so left out when my friends talk about it. is there anything I can do to make it come faster?
i have one more question! I've been having all the signs of an upcoming period for about 2 years but I haven't gotten it. Is that normal?

by PhoebeJosephine on 4/29/2013 6:13:40 PM

i think I just had my period, but im not sure. there was only a little bit so how can I be sure?

Hey haddiecakes, that could've been your period. Are you still bleeding?

Lynae P.

by haddiecakes on 4/19/2013 7:16:54 PM

sooo i'm a competitive gymnast and i have my discharge. lately i feel like at competitions you can see a stain at the bottom of my leotard (we can't wear shorts). it still happened if i wear underwear. i was wondering if panty liners would work? but I'm afraid it'll move and show and that'd b embarrassing.... also i feel like it would bulk up.... any advice?

Panty liners might be a good solution. Make sure you get one thats small and discrete enough to be hidden. Another option is a tampon. That will not show at all and will help with anything. but since its just your discharge it's up to you. Good luck hon! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by la1234567890 on 3/26/2013 11:23:35 PM

It's been exactly three months since I last got my period (last time was dec. 21) The very first time i got it was the day after Thanksgiving. It was kind of heavy the first time, and the second time it was heavier. I'm kinda worried that i haven't gotten it in a while. Also, I'm worried that I'll get it at a really bad time or that it will be really heavy. I'm going to the dermatologist on Monday for a follow-up cuz of acne and a wart. Should I ask her about it?

hey! you could, but she might advise you to talk to a general physician or gynocologist. but it never hurts to ask Smile good luck

Helen S.

by mayanunna on 3/21/2013 7:09:30 PM

Perfect timing! Thanks for posting. <3

by HowToLove on 3/19/2013 7:31:56 PM

(Meghan D)
I'm at a sleepover >.< if it is discharge, is it bad that it's brown?

Hey girlie,

I think that can be normal, but there's no harm in checking with your mom or a doc when you're home to be sure!

Meghan D.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 3/16/2013 11:49:02 PM

I've never gotten my period yet, but I just found in my underwear like a chunk of brown gooey stuff. WHAT IS THIS?

Hey girlie,

It might be your period or it might be discharge, I would talk to your mom since she is there and can help you figure out what's up!

Meghan D.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 3/16/2013 11:21:13 PM

Does using tampons hurt? I heard that it really really does.

Hey girl, no not at all!
lauren r.

by DMlover123 on 3/16/2013 11:31:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
my period is sooooooo heavy and my cramps hurt sooo much. I have to change my pads like every 30-45 mins and I already use like a super maxi pad. I'm scared to have it at gymnastics though because my coach doesn't really let you take bathroom breaks (she says you can only leave class once a week) practice is 4 hours but I can't even go 1 without leaking!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could talk to your mom about using tampons or ask your coach privately about taking an extra bathroom break during practice when you're on your period. If your flow is that heavy, I would also talk to your mom about visiting your doc to make sure everything's ok!

Meghan D.

by DMlover123 on 3/15/2013 11:53:22 PM

I wish guys would get their periods and realize how much stronger girls are than guys. Can guys bleed for 1 week straight and still survive? No, I didn't think so. (Obviously I have mine now) 😥

by Magicgal18 on 3/14/2013 9:53:22 PM

mod mod mod
hey so im going to Puerto rico for spring break and I wanna look good. is there anything I can do in a week to flatten my stomach and tighten by butt? thx!

Helen S.

by fiafia17 on 3/14/2013 8:10:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay, so whenever I get my period the first few days I get horrible cramps and it's really heavy. I mean, my abdominal area feels like someone has punched me multiple times and heating pads don't help. Medicine only works for a bit and as for the heavy flow it dies down a few days later, along with the cramps, but it's still really bad.
Also, when I exercise it gets worse, not better. Any advice to what I should do?

Hey! Stay hydrated, get plenty of rest (your body's working overtime) and try different soothing things that we suggest like heating pads, and just find what works for you. If nothing is really working it might be time to ask your doc. good luck!

Helen S.

by emmyie11 on 3/14/2013 6:01:21 PM

Just in time GL. c;

by RainbowPuke99 on 3/14/2013 5:18:36 PM

1D!!!

by bking62 on 3/13/2013 5:07:28 PM

Why won't this thing post my comments???????

by Tenayamt1222 on 3/13/2013 1:10:06 AM

How should u tell my mom aunt flo

by Tenayamt1222 on 3/13/2013 1:08:43 AM

Anything that will help make our periods less of a pain will be a help. I know listening to certain things can help change our attitude so why not be a help with our periods. Smile

by fashionqn on 3/13/2013 12:40:01 AM

Well... a week to late. Guys dont know what we go through! We watched maturity films and we got stuck with a guy teacher in there... he was like 0_0 the whole time

by YayaYuiki on 3/12/2013 11:07:01 PM

JOIN our club "♥ Everything Girly ♥" which is an all girls club and to talk about our fashion, needs, hair, beauty, makeup, and whatever you girls want to talk about! We post DIYs and fashion and beauty tips often! ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN!! JOIN NOW!!

by monicaisfabuluz on 3/12/2013 9:47:51 PM

Yay thanks for this GL! I hate how I get so moody with my period...last month every little thing made me feel like crying for an entire week until my period was over and finally I was myself again! :-( Guys DO NOT know what we got through!!!!

by maggie183 on 3/12/2013 7:29:13 PM