4 MINUTES AGO He kissed her for the camera...super creepy or really romantic? You decide: http://t.co/8dhBG6Wo0v

AN HOUR AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

2 HOURS AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

COMMENTS

Make a move! Why being obvious can get you the guy

When I like a guy, everyone knows it. I talk with the guy and joke around because I’m very outgoing. How can I make my intentions less...

My friend told me my crush is might ask me out but my mom says I'm not allowed to date. If he asks me, what do I tell him? I really want to say yes but my mom would be angry. Help please, and thank you!

Hey Quietfriend1415, tell him you aren't allowed to date but can have friends. Take this time getting to know him as a friend, so when you can date you'll be ready. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Quietfriend1415 on 6/4/2013 5:30:29 PM

Mod!
So, i have 2guys who wantz me to be their gf. Let's call them A and B they're both my BGF's I really have a crush on A I 3 years ago. I really do like him. And He don't know it yet. But I'm getting BIG OK Signs(texting/chatting/calling/skype everydayAnd the both of us can talk about anything. Whether it's personal or not. Meanwhile...B, confessed to me that he loves me. But I don't like him. I like him, YES. But as a FRIEND only. And the before, B lived somewhere far from us. (they transferred house) but this weeks, they are making a house IN FRONT of OUR HOUSE. And I feel super awkward because he is giving me a lot of unwanted attentions! Calling me "babe" (I hate that endearment.) Whistles at me everytime I pass by. Ugh. Now, my prob is, how do I reject him without hurting his feeling while I say to him that I have a crush on his Bfff/ cuz'?

Hey girl- you don't want to get involved in boys who are related.  Even though you will now be neighbors with one of the boys you can just be friends.  Also, it may be a little rude of the boy to constantly whistle at you... so if you don't like it you should def tell them to stop.  Just tell them you want to be friends. Hope this helps!

Elizabeth K.

by ilovetaylorswiftyahaveaproblem? on 5/20/2013 12:51:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am so embarrassed because I like this guy and we were talking with the sun shooting right in my eyes. I kept blinking weirdly and probably way too quickly that he just walked away. OMG, I think he thought that I was making it obvious I like him. Now I'm afraid he thinks I'm stupid and won't talk to me. What should I do??

Hey girlie,

I wouldn't worry about it too much--he probably didn't notice as much as you think! If he asks about it, you can say the sun was in your eyes, but if he doesn't bring it up, I would just act normal around him. I'm sure he isn't thinking anything of it!

Meghan D.

by cookies345 on 4/14/2013 12:09:40 AM

Hey guys! Okay, so its been really warm outside lately around where i live all of a sudden because well.. its spring lolz! So, last summer this boy he is 15 just talked to me and I was 12 at the time. So it was a summer event going on in my neighborhood so we just talked and bonded and then he started coming to my house and ringing the bell a lot asking me to come outside. I would talk to him, but all of a sudden a few weeks later he became a real douche bag not talking to me or saying hello or being polite just ignoring any type of contact with me. So I asked him was i being mean to you as a friend? if so im sorry. He just was like i sometimes dont say hi, which is a bold face lie lolz. Okay so next year (this current 2013 year) in spring i ran into him while talking a walk with my uncle, and my uncle gave him a handshake, and i reached out my hand to give the boy a handshake and he opened up his arms and hugged me! I think it was a form of sorry.. Does he like me?

by platinumdove on 4/8/2013 4:41:46 PM

Well, i have this problem that is actually complete different situation to this topic, it's about someone i like i know this is normal but it's a girl in grade 10 who i really like and i am a girl as well, which i feel very awkward about.. do you have this kind of problem?? i mean if you do please tell me what to do.. because she is not just an ordinarily girl she looks like a prunes and i think i am in loved with her..... and i don't know what to do

by gummybears0507 on 3/31/2013 3:34:09 AM

My bgf and I are very close. I know he likes me and I think he knows I like him too. I always find myself wanting to be with him and now I am on spring break, away from him. I want to hang out with him but I don't know what we would do and I kind of want to do a group thing. Do you have any ideas as to what just me and my bgf could do or as a group? I miss him already!

Hey QuietFriend1415, the two of you could go to the movies or grab a bite to eat. As a group try bowling or skating, or heading to the mall. Maybe get everyone on the phone and see what they'd like to do. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Quietfriend1415 on 3/22/2013 6:00:58 PM

Theres this guy i like and im sure he likes my friend. He gave her his number and email and it bothers me but i also feel so happy for her! Does he like her or is he being nice?

by YannaRox on 3/18/2013 9:16:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok. So a guy and I have a huge thing and we've had it for like two years. We were talking and I dot know what I said but we were talking about being spoiled. And he said if we got married I would spoil you and our kids rotten. Well. I don't want to get married. And I don't want him to waste his time on me. And he also said I was in his dreams. I guess what I'm saying is. He scared me to death. I don't know how to tell him we aren't getting married. And I just don't know what to do. Please help. I'm scared. And really freaked out.

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to not want to think about marriage when it is so far away--you're so young and definitely don't need to be planning that far ahead! You could just tell him that you like spending time with him but aren't ready to talk about long-term plans and that you want to take things slow. He should understand and appreciate that!

Meghan D.

by Cet on 3/17/2013 12:59:34 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So there is this guy who likes me but he's kind of a flirt and a player but I talked to him about it and he denies being a player but he admits he's a flirt.I hear negative things about him but when I talk to him he is really sweet. We kinda hang out with the same pople so these people know him better than do. What should I do?

Hey girlie,

If he's nice to you, I would go by how he acts around you and not by his reputation. Rumors are often hearsay, so if he's nice to you that's what counts (though if he does anything mean to you, you should get out of the relationship!). If you like him, don't worry about what other people think!

Meghan D.

by xXWhoYouAreXx on 3/16/2013 12:58:58 AM

Alright so I liked this guy. And i was pretty sure he liked me back, i mean he made it obvious! At the school dance we even slow-danced together for every slow song. The day we came back, everyone was talking about it and asking me if we had a "thing." He was super flirty, and would talk about the dance like it was the best thing ever. But for the past two days, he has barely talked to me, and is flirting with another girl right in front of me! I was wondering why he does that! I thought it might be because i have some guy friends who i am pretty close with and he might be jealous? I dont know, but it makes me mad! I really do like him, but if he keeps this up, i'm not sure its worth it. Also what can I do? Because when i see him flirt with other people, it makes me ignore him, so thats probably making it worse!

by graceloehr21 on 3/13/2013 7:34:32 PM

You are right, sometimes being outgoing and forward will get you the guy. My friends and I have this saying that waiting for some guys is like waiting for water to freeze, so there are times you have to make a move because they wont. The worst thing is to like a guy and he does nothing and you do nothing and then he ends up being with someone else and you wished you did something to be with him.

by fashionqn on 3/13/2013 1:38:28 PM

Ok so my friend went up to my crush who apparently liked me back and said that she heard that we were going out, (which wasnt true) and now apparently he doesnt like me anymore!!!!! i dont know what to do, i sill like him!!
HELP

Hey carlilocket, let him know the truth. Tell him you didn't start the rumors. I'm sure everything will be alright. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by carlilocket on 3/12/2013 7:12:37 PM

Mod mod mod
So my prom is like in 2 months and I'm so excited! The only issue is that i don't have a date yet. All my friends do, and they keep trying to get me to ask these guys who i have no interest in one way or another. I keep telling them to stop and relax (its 2 months away!) And I'll handle it on my own, but they still do it! It's really getting in my nerves and I'm even thinking about going stag, cause of them! How can i get across that i DON'T want to be set up w/ a guy and i want to get a date on my OWN terms, like them? It's like they have no faith I'll find a date! Thanks!

Hey girl, be honest and tell them how you feel.  Explain that you're not worried and ask them to please stop bugging you to get a date.  If you need to, pull them aside and have a conversation so they know you're really serious about this.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by iheartu? on 3/12/2013 2:56:57 PM

Mod mod mod mod ASAP
Today I'm going to my bfs house. I'm really nervous because it's just going to be us two. We will probably watch a movie. I'm worried well run out of things talk about and it will be really awkward. Also I'm super nervous because we might kiss and I've never kissed anyone before. How do I know if it's the right moment? How can I help make things not awkward and what should I wear? Thanks!!

Hey Girl, take a deep breath. It sounds like you're going to have a relaxing afternoon. Be yourself and you will have plenty to talk about. Plus, you don't need to chat the whole time if you're watching a movie. About the kissing, here are two links that should tell you a lot about what you need to know:

Hannah H.

by bballrox21 on 3/12/2013 12:16:14 PM

Hey girlie, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it doesn't make you immature. It's something that you'll get more comfortable with it as you get older.

Lauren T.

by redvelvetluv on 3/11/2013 8:56:34 PM

MOD! Thank you Lauren T!

by WinnieGirlie on 3/11/2013 8:24:23 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Is snapchat safe? For me, the fact that anyone can send me a pic kinda turns me away. But then again, that might not happen, and all of my friends have one. But then we come to the fact that once a picture of you is in cyberspace, there's no getting it back. So what if my friend takes a screenshot and posts it publicly thinking "lol that's my girl" but then creepers find me? Also, in the reviews of snapchat on the app store some say stuff like "male age 18 girls only send me dirty pics ;)" which scares meee!!!! It's hard to choose. So which is it? Is snapchat safe or not safe? Help!

Hey girlie, I think it depends on how you use it. You can set it so that only your friends can send you pictures. And as long as you're only sending appropriate pictures to your friends, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Lauren T.

by WinnieGirlie on 3/11/2013 7:55:40 PM

MOD
I like my BGF, and we flirt and have fun when we hang out, but lately he's been acting weird, and he's been all lovey-dovey with another good friend of his. Does he like her, or are they just really good friends? My BFF says I should ask him out

Hey girlie, it's possible that he likes his other friend. Try to get a feel for who he likes before you ask him out.

Lauren T.

by Eve W on 3/11/2013 7:00:28 PM

I'm in eighth grade and all my friends say i'm one of the prettiest girls in our grade but no one likes me! Not to sound braggy but I do really well in school, im funny, and I'm good at singing and dancing. I'm not even remotely popular and im kinda shy, but im nice to everyone! When I moved to my school a few years ago a lot of boys liked me because I was friends with popular girls, but now I think everyone just thinks of me as "the smart girl." What's wrong with me that no boys like me?

Hey girlie, there's nothing wrong with you. It might be that boys are intimidated by you and aren't telling you that they like you. Or maybe because you're shy, no one knows you well enough to like you. Try making friends with more boys, and I bet you'll find one who likes you.

Lauren T.

by teadancer on 3/11/2013 6:11:25 PM

HEY MOD!
I have a major crush on this guy. I used to think he liked me, because we played this punching game and he'd always hit me back. But around thanksgiving he started to lessen our game and by Christmas he stopped. Things were really weird and then around valentine's he hit me again. I'm worried he thinks I'm a creeper or something. Does he think us as friends? should i move on and stop hitting him? or should i keep it up? HELP!

Hey girlie, it sounds like he probably thinks of you as a friend. He wouldn't make the effort to play with you if he didn't. Try flirting with him in other ways and see how he responds or if he flirts back.

Lauren T.

by 765alive on 3/11/2013 5:29:07 PM

Thanks mailyse f. But why do you think I get so bashful around him?
Also if he tries to start a conversation with me what should I say?
I'm very shy so I have a harder time talking to guys around my age

Hey girlie, you might be nervous because you like him. Or since you're shy it might just be because you're not as comfortable talking to boys. But the more you do it, the more comfortable it will get.

Lauren T.

by redvelvetluv on 3/11/2013 4:34:44 PM

Mod mod mod
One of my guy friends call me his best friend. Does that mean he likes me like that. He also always tells my friends that he is my BFF. Also I got his # last week. The first day I got it we text for the whole day and the next day to. Now he doesn't txt me anymore. Should I try to text him,but I don't want to come off as I need to now what ur doing every minute of every day. My mom and friends say I'm really pretty and I only got asked out 1 time. My mom says guys get intimatdated by really pretty girls and only ask out the ones that they think they have a chance with. Is that true????
I need help ASAP thanks

It depends of the guy...but that is very common for guys to ask out the ones they think they have a chance with. Try texting him first today and see if he will text you tomorrow! Don't believe that he always needs to start the conversations because he may think you are not into him!

mailyse f.

by Kay333 on 3/11/2013 4:07:01 PM

Ok so my family is having Easter at my sisters house
That's ok with me but I feel very nervous
Because my sisters finances brother might be their I dont know
But I just thought that since my sisters finances mom was probably gonna
Be their he would be their too he makes me feel nervous and giggly
when I see him I don't talk to him because I get so flusterd
how can I not feel so nervous around him?

Try not to think about it! Focus on your other family members instead and i'm sure you won't be as nervous. Remember- take deep breaths! Good luck!

mailyse f.

by redvelvetluv on 3/11/2013 3:55:38 PM

Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need help making friends. I'm always saying hi to ppl and complimenting them and they respond but never wanted to hang out or anything. Its my first year at a new school but everyone there already has their own groups and I hang out with some friends that came to that schOol with me and have some new ones but I really want a best friend. I don't want to nag or sound like a baby tho.and I don't want to push my way into any ones " friend group!"

It's hard to want and have a best friend...they come naturally and take time to develop. Make sure you don't over do it and compliment people too much. Instead, find out their interests and talk about what you guys have in common! Over time, you might be able to get that best friend you're hoping for...you just need to be patient! Good luck girl!

mailyse f.

by faloo10 on 3/11/2013 2:47:32 PM

You have to be really obvious because frankly, guys don't notice things. They're so distracted by food and your good looks and so many other tings, they really don't catch hints that a girl would. This is also why girls will think a boy is going to ask her out when the guy doesn't know who she is. So you have to be kinda obvious.

by dragonsrox1000 on 3/11/2013 9:24:36 AM